The Truth

By mnoelm96

After being hurt by her ex, Melody has a hard time trusting someone else to be in a relationship. However... More

Week 1: Monday Pt. 1
Week 1: Monday Pt. 2
Week 1: Tuesday
Week 1: Wednesday
Week 1: Friday
Week 1: Saturday
Week 2: Thursday Pt. 1
Week 2: Thursday Pt. 2
Week 2: Saturday
Week 3: Sunday
Week 3: Tuesday
Week 3: Wednesday
Week 3: Saturday
Week 4: Monday
Week 4: Friday
Week 4: Saturday
Week 5: Sunday
Week 5: Wednesday
Week 5: Saturday
Week 6: Tuesday
Week 6: Wednesday
Week 6: Saturday
Week 7: Monday
Week 10: Thursday
3 Months Later

Week 1: Thursday

67 1 0
By mnoelm96

Science. After the night of tossing and turning, I don't want to deal with science. Junior year of college for my nursing degree, that's what I get, science. When I walk out of class I take my time going home to change for work. Bree has already left for work, so I get to enjoy an hour to myself here before I should leave. Everything's so crazy lately, I honestly want to drink all the alcohol we have in our apartment right now.

Once I get to work it's already busy, which I hurry to get my drink orders and rush back out. I go to grab the drinks at the bar and look up to see Brandon standing back and smirking at me. "What?" I ask. He shakes he head and laughs.

Those dimples.

"Just admiring you. That's all," he replies with a wink. I blush deeply and pick up my tray to leave. I turn to find Bree now in front of me staring right at me, then looks at Brandon, then back at me. Her face goes blank and she begins to walk towards me, which I try to say hi, but her hand is already reaching out and knocks my tray of drinks all over me. I scream from the cold ice now on me.

"Bree what was that?" I ask while looking down at me drenched shirt. Of course, Mikey's right there on the situation asking her, "Well answer her, I saw the whole thing Bree. What happened?" However, I finally see an emotion on Bree; anger. I nod and speak out, "It's okay. It was a misunderstanding Mikey. I'm going to go clean up now." I turn away quickly and go to the woman's restroom, because it finally hit me. Bree isn't sad about Taylor, I was just being a terrible best friend to realize she was angry with me. I feel water begin to collect at my eyes, which I quickly wipe them away and evaluate my shirt. I roll my eyes and can't help the laugh that escapes, it's totally ruined. No hope at all. I walk back to find Mikey, once I know I won't cry.

I spot Mikey going to his office, so I call his name. He turns around and concern fills he face once we lock eyes. "I gave your tables to Bash and surprisingly he took them," Mikey tells me. Of course, I know the reason he took them and I'm grateful for him. Mikey's looking at me with observation, as if he stares long enough he'll read my thoughts.

"Okay well yes, clearly you don't want to tell me what happened back there with you and Bree. Obviously, you two are fighting or something. Anyway, I got you a new shirt," he tells me once we're in his office, while reaching into a cabinet and pulling a shirt out. I smile and go to hug him, but laughs and blocks me from doing so. "You know I prefer my drinks in a cup, not on my shirt," he comments while continuing to laugh. I stop and realize what I was doing, which I can't help but laugh along.

"Sorry Mikey, but why do you have an extra shirt?" I end up asking. He smiles cheaply and replies, "Well in case, like last time, someone needs an extra. Not knowing it would only be for you." I laugh at that and take my shirt off, he looks away like last time. Once I have the new one on, I give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Always my hero Mikey, I guess that's what best friends are for," I tell him softly. He bites his lip, making me realize how close are faces are from each other. I reach up and run my fingers through his light blonde hair to fix it back in place, but step back once realizing what I was doing. "Would you grab a drink with me after work, like our old usual thing?" he asks me. I look back into his blue eyes and nod while replying, "I'd love that Mikey."

For the rest of the night I'm still really upset with everything about Bree and confused with what happened with Mikey. I go outside once I'm done with my shift to get some fresh air, before I should go back in to meet up with Mikey. The door opens next to me, but I don't bother to even turn around to see who came out. However, I feel them sit down next to me and reach over to grab my hand. I finally look and find Beau staring at me, except not with his usual sly smile, rather with concern.

"Are you okay Mel? I know you enough to know you're not, but I'm here if you want to talk about it," he tells me while giving my hand a squeeze. I stare into his eyes and can feel my own start to water again. How could I tell him when it's about him? He leans in slowly and we keep the distance to a couple of inches, but then he finally slowly places his lips on mine. Unlike our first kiss, which was fast and rough, this was sweet and intimate. I pull away, unwillingly, but I place my fingers on his face and trace his jaw, down to his arm. A smile comes on my face from the feeling his kiss gave me. Our faces are still close, when he whispers, "I love your smile and I love that I made you smile even more."

I lean back, but then sit back up with guilt filling me. I haven't told him yet about not wanting to be in a relationship. "Beau you know that thing I wanted to talk to you about yesterday?" I ask him. I keep my eyes on him and he simply nods. "I like us, but I'm not just ready to be in a relationship. I have school, work, and softball, which I just think I don't need to be in a relationship. I'll understand if you'd want to not see me anymore, since I can't promise anything," I finally tell him the truth, while watching his reaction closely.

Beau grabs both my hands and keeps his gaze, while confessing, "Melody you make me happy. Just being your friend made me happy, so doing this has made me the happiest man alive. I'll wait until you're ready, because I don't want anyone else. Also, letting you know that I'll never make you do anything that you don't want to do. I'm fine with it, just as long as I still get to feel this happy." I smile at him and leave over to give a quick kiss.

Once I say my goodbye to Beau and go in to meet up with Mikey. I find him sitting at the bar alone, which I walk up and jokingly ask, "Handsome stranger, is this seat taken?" Mikey looks up at me and smiles big as he replies, "For you, no." I notice on the bar in front of me, there's already a drink for me. "Thanks Mikey, making my favorite and all," I comment. He smiles again and lets out a small laugh, while admitting, "Actually Brandon made that for you. You'll have to thank him for that." I bite my lip the thought of that, damn Brandon.

"Well either way, thanks for this. I needed some time with you," I tell him with a sincere smile and place my head on his shoulder for a moment. "Yes, well there's a perk for being in the family of the business. Getting free stuff," he jokes while smiling at me. A small laugh escapes me and I comment, "I know, you used to bring food to me when we were both servers." He nods and we end up staring at each other in silence for a bit. Then in seconds his lips are on mine. It's nice and passionate, but wrong.

I pull away and come to defense, "Oh my gosh Mikey, you're my boss. I know you're also one of my closest friends, but I shouldn't be kissing you." He runs his hands through his hair and tells me with determination, "I've had feelings for you since we started to become good friends, years ago. Mel, I've talked about this with my father and grandpa. They love you, since you know, I've brought you home as my friend. They're okay with it. Don't deny the feelings you have for me, please Melody." I look away and think about what he just confessed. I slowly look back at him and find him running his hand through his hair again.

This poor boy.

I'm making him uneasy. I grab his hand and reassure, "Ugh. I don't like how you know me, but you're right. I might have feelings for you. But you have to promise me that it's really okay with your family." He has this sappy grin on his face now and leans closer to me, to whisper, "I promise they love you." This brings a small smile on my face as I lean my forehead against his and look down at our intertwined fingers. "You know if you want, this can be our first date, it had the awkwardness of one anyway," he comments. I laugh and say, "Sounds good Mikey. Great first date." He laughs this time and leans back to look me in the eyes. I realize now that I need to tell him the truth about everything.

"Mikey, I need to tell you something. I don't really want to be in a relationship, well actually I'm not in a place in my life for that right now. I hope you understand and will still want to date," I tell him. Mikey doesn't say anything at first and looks down. When he finally looks back up he asks, "It's because of Jared isn't it? I would never hurt you the way he did. I can promise you that." I place my hand on his cheek and reply with, "I know you wouldn't. I just can't be in one Mikey. Please understand." He nods and grabs my hand to place a kiss on my hand. "Okay Mel, I still want to be with you. Even if I can't actually be with you," he softly tells me.

I walk into my apartment and find it dark. I can hear the TV on in Bree's room and I softly open her door to find she's passed out on her bed. I close it and go to bed myself. I lie awake and think about how it's all getting only worse. The worst being I can't even talk about it with Bree. I don't know how I feel about any of the guys. They said it was okay. Well considering I haven't told Brandon and Derek. Sleep soon takes over with all of them still on my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.9K 3.1K 34
"Love can be a cure, but also a curse. I know it too well, trust me." ><><><><><><>< Evangeline was trying...
206 0 30
A girl who just wants to live the rest of her highschool life in peace.... but it did not go as what she expect.....
3.1K 66 52
Life can't always be a flat line, there always has to be up and downs, but in a 16 year olds life named Annabelle its always downs. From being sexaul...
2.3K 170 18
One little white lie to help my best friend becomes a web of lies. Now, everyone thinks I'm a lesbian...including her handsome brother, Case. (Mature...