Gores of Grimoire (Editing)

By coffee_and_fandoms

An outcasted and fostered girl, abandoned at fourteen, uncovers a hidden magic within herself she never thoug... More

Monster Awakened
Revealing Power
Jason Jones
Victoria's Story
Enemy Encounter
Lady of the Wood
Dream
Twisted World
Queen of the Hunters
Welcome To Eclipse Academy
Day One in Eclipse Academy
Pain
Molly White
Erica Frost
Truth Behind Heartbreak
Facing Your Demons
The Lone Wolf
Castle of Shadows
Abduction
In My Time of Dying
All Magic Comes With a Price

James' Story (Narrative continued by James)

18 1 0
By coffee_and_fandoms

" You see, Victoria, I am very old. I have stayed nineteen since 1643. Times were rough, and I was a hunter. A vampire hunter. When I was a boy, I had a brother, a best friend, and my parents. My brother's name was Elijah. My best friend, was a girl named Rachael. 

.....

Elijah was in love with Rachael, Rachael in love with me, and I just wanted to stay friends. When we were about fifteen, maybe sixteen, and Elijah a year older than us, the three of us decided to go into the woods. We figured, what was the harm? This was the time society had begun to know about witches. Now, understand this: there is no good or bad witch, there is only witch. They channel their power from Hell. It is not something you want to mess with. Anyway, we were young and foolish. We traveled further into the woods, and Rachael got scared. Elijah thought I loved her back, so he wanted to prove himself; win her heart. He said 'Look now, Rachael, see thy cave?' she nodded. There was a cave, a dark and not- very-inviting cave, and he spoke again, 'I shall go into thy cave, into the darkest spot, and gather you a precious stone.'" I paused for a moment. The memory was sad to me. Yet, it was so distant it almost felt like a bad dream.

" We thought it was a terrible idea, so we talked him out of it, and we went back home, back to our families. Elijah acted like everything was fine between us, but I now realize I was a fool for thinking that. Anyway, we went to bed later than usual that night, because it was considered our family night. My mother washed other peoples clothes and cooked dinner. My father was a lawyer. That day they had both gotten paid, so my mother cooked a nice dinner and father was in a specially good mood. Elijah read out of the Bible, and we played games. When we all went to bed, I heard something outside the window. Elijah heard it, too (we shared a room), so we got up and opened the window. Rachael was there. She climbed in and said,
'My parents! They have gone missing!' She was freaking out. A girl her age without parents had nothing to do and was considered a waste among the communities of the Puritans. Our parents were sound asleep, so we went out to try and find them. Into the woods. No matter where we turned, we kept getting lost, until we came upon the cave from earlier. Elijah, stopped dead in his tracks, looked at me, then punched me. I was knocked out, the last thing I heard was Rachael's voice, worried.

.....

When I awakened, Elijah and Rachael were both gone. The moon was fully out, and at its highest peak. I got up quickly, able to see everything now, and saw a shadow huddled in the cave, and a strong smell if something..very much full of iron. I walked over, terribly afraid, and saw something I will never forget as long as I live. Elijah was dead, and Rachael was over his body, covered in blood. She looked at me and stood up.

'I tried, James, I really did. But he ran into the cave and cut his hand.' She walked closer to me, explaining.
I was breathing fast and heavy at this point, backing up, looking into the glowing, red, hungry eyes of the sweet girl I once knew. She was a monster.

'You...do-don't have parents, do you?' I asked her. She stopped walking towards me and started stammering. I asked again. This time she looked to the ground with the look of complete and utter shame.

'No, James, I don't.' She said. Her voice was cracking, and tears slowly fell down her cheeks. I wanted to forgive her, I really did, but she killed my brother and lied to me.

'How long?' I asked.

'My whole life.'

'Then why do you age? I have known you since we were just young children!' I exclaimed.

'There are different kinds of vampires. I stop aging once I reached a certain age. Probably eighteen or nineteen. My parents broke the law of the Night Children and were put to death, and that was three years ago.' She explained to me. I felt bad for her, but my family, we were hunters. We killed her kind and many more.

'Run. Run Rachael and don't come back. I will have no choice but to kill you if you come back.' I said while looking away from her. She had sobbed quietly for a moment. I heard a rush of wind, and when I looked back, she was gone. I ran to Elijah. His lifeless body laid there, in a bloody, gory mess. I picked him up but dropped him originally. I started sobbing when I did. I was afraid I'd hurt him, then I remembered he could feel pain no longer. I wept over his body and decided it was time to man up. I lifted him up with all my strength and carried him home. My mother screamed a blood-curdling scream, and my father went outside, and with his ax, he went to the oak tree and chopped wood, making stakes.

'We need to deal with this before anyone else finds out.' My father said sternly. And he walked away into the woods. 

'Wait! Father!' I called after him. He didn't stop but he turned his head.

'What is it?'

'You don't even know which vampire did it, I argued.

'It matters not. A vampire is a vampire. We are hunters and we kill them. End of story.' He said in a final voice.

.....

The funeral was the worst part. People showed and asked me to tell my made up a story again and again. He snuck out, got lost in the woods and I went after him. I saw him be brutally murdered by a masked man, and the man got away. Because he was drained of blood, I said the man was probably a witch getting blood for spells. I carried Elijah home, and that's it. People asked about Rachael and I said her and her family went overseas to London to stay with other people in their family because they didn't like the witch activity. My own parents never knew it was Rachael either. The truth was, I loved Rachael, not as she loved me, but like she was family. I haven't seen her since, but I hope I will again someday.

.....

Years passed, and my parents and I became very skilled hunters. I was nineteen by this time. I had a job of hunting animals for other families who couldn't. I thought it was kind of funny at that point. I was courted to a girl my age named Rebekah. It wasn't by choice for her either, but her and her family were also hunters. We were going to marry once she turned eighteen, so we needed to get used to hunting together; just her and me. We went out to find a nest of werewolves, and succeeded in both finding and killing them all. When we were heading back, we both heard the sound of the wind but didn't feel it. We both knew immediately it was a vampire. She held up her crossbow, and I, my stakes. We went back-to-back looking for it. We found her leaning against a tree like it was nothing. It was confusing to us how she was in the sun, but we didn't think too much on how she was in the sun, just how much we need to kill her.
"Now would you look at that. Two hunters back-to-back." Her voice was very calm. Rebekah stupidly ran at her instead of shooting her, and got her neck snapped like a twig. She fell limp on the ground.

'What do you want?' I asked sternly putting my guard up better than before.

'You,' she said. Three more vampires fell from the tree and ran at me. They were too quick for me to react. They grabbed me and pushed me to my knees. The woman vampire slowly walked over and bent down. She grabbed me by my hair and turned my head to the side. Her eyes were glowing a hungry red, and she took bite into my pulsing neck. She didn't drink any blood, just bit me. It hurt a lot, and in a few moments, I realized what she did. They let me go and I fell to the ground, groaning at the pain. She smiled and disappeared, along with the others. That night I locked myself in my room and didn't come out. My parents came in and we discussed less important things. They left and went about their business. When my mother was making dinner, I left my room to accompany her. and when she was chopping up vegetables. I couldn't resist, so I took her hand and sucked what I could, then I went to her neck. When I sucked all I could from her, I snapped her neck. Her limp body fell to the ground. Next...was my father.

I went to my room straight after, grabbed my things, jumped out the window with speed, ran, and I never looked back. Never returned.

.....

One day, I was in New York. This was probably 1879, and I came across the woman who changed me. I had been alive for over two hundred years at this point. She recognized me instantly and greeted me as if we were close friends. I wanted to kill her so bad right there, but I couldn't for some reason.

'Oh, James, I found you!'

'You found me?' I asked

'Yes. I was told you'd be in New York. Anyway, I thought you'd want to see something. Come now.' I did not want to follow at first, but I could not resist. She took me back to her hotel. A very expensive hotel. Se took me up to her room; on the top floor. Out came a man.

' This is my husband, he's in the Council.' she told me.

'Is this what you wanted to show me?' I asked, with a rude tone.

'No. No. Mavis!' She called. A woman, also a vampire, came around the corner holding a baby in a red and black blanket. 'This is Victoria, James.' The woman handed me the baby without looking at me.

'I hate you. Why would you think I wouldn't do anything to the baby?' I asked her with as much loath as possible in my voice.

'Because, James, I know you. And you're also sired to me.' She said.

'What does that mean?' I said, completely confused.

She sighed, 'It means, that you have a connection to me. We are Pure Bloods, so when I Turned you, it was because I hand-picked you to be special to me.' I was still so confused. But what she basically told me was that herself, her husband, and her baby were all Pure Bloods. A dying breed. She hand-picked me to take care of the baby should anything happen to them. They had been watching me ever since the incident with Rachael. They knew I couldn't kill vampires without a deep reason. I had a reason to kill her, but I was sired to her. Anyway, for the longest time, I watched that girl grow up. Eventually, the father came to me and told me that if I wanted to, and if Victoria wanted to, we could marry one day. Victoria, I am in love with you, and I know you don't remember me right now, but you shall in a moment. I cut my wrist open with my teeth. Her eyes began to glow a deep, hungry red in response. She zoomed over to me in less than a second and lifted my arm to her mouth. She was hesitant at first, but then she devoured the blood excitedly. After a few seconds, she fainted. I caught her before she could hit the ground. When she awakens, she will remember everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 6.4K 41
Faith was happy with her life. She had a clear plan, and always knew what her next move was going to be. But then a terrible tragedy wiped out half h...
50 18 17
Victoria is 20 years old and living a normal life until something happened that changed everything. Her feelings were mixed. Fear and love. A monster...
428 47 17
slight T/W ⚠️ Eliza and her friends encountered a dead body in the woods that appeared to be of someone she knew, the police investigated the scene a...
69 0 35
Victoria is a vampire over 100 years old who escaped her captor Claude over 50yrs ago but is still on the look out him because he insists that she wa...