Give Me a Heartache

By winglessbee

Taiana Perkins More

Give me a Heartache
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 1

708 20 2
By winglessbee

"Fvcking shit!" I exclaimed pagkababa ko ng kotse and saw the damages. I don't actually care about what happened to the car. Maraming kotse sa bahay, but then, lagot ako kay Mom and Dad!

Shit. My first drive became so memorable huh.

The police surrounded me. The collision caused a little traffic jam, but the hell I care about it? I wanna go home! I'm suppose to be enjoying my books right now at the balcony of my room, not in the middle of this street with so many usis. Ugh!

"Lisensya Miss?" tanong ng isang pulis.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

How can I have a driver's license? My family never let me touch the steering wheel, plus, I'm still a minor. Duh! Haven't he noticed it yet? Are they blind? Or do I look like old na? Tss. Whatever.

"Miss, patingin ng lisensya mo," sabi ulit nung pulis.

I rolled my eyes again and crossed my arms. "I don't have a license," I answered calmly.

"Nagmamaneho ka ng walang lisensya? Alam mo ba na magpapatung-patong ang kaso mo? Ilang taon ka na ba?"

"Can I call my Dad? I don't want to talk to you," I quickly said as I showed him my phone.

I saw him shook his head and the other police scratches the back of his head as he shook his head as well. And the expression of their faces mirrored what I always saw on my brothers whenever I want something they don't want to give, but they don't have a choice but to give nonetheless.

"Sige. Tawagan mo yung guardian mo at papuntahin mo agad sa malapit na presinto. Kayo din ang sasagot sa pagpapagamot sa kanya," he said, then pointed the guy na nasa stretcher.

"Tss..” I rolled my eyes heavenwards and immediately dialed Dad's number. I won't dare try Mom, for sure she'll be furious and hysterical. She doesn't like hearing bad news the same as Dad, but at least my Dad can handle everything well more than Mom. He's more understanding and considerate unlike Mom who's sometimes cruel and strick, but I love her nevertheless.

"Princess? Where are you?" Dad quickly answered the call on the first ring. "Tanner said you left him, that's why he took a cab. Are you with your boyfriend?"

I clicked my tongue and sneered at the mentioned of the word 'boyfriend'. "I don't have a boyfriend Dad. I'm stucked here at the intersection and the car I'm driving got hit by a motorcycle. You need to come at the nearest police station, they're arresting me for not having a driver's license. Get here quick! I want to go home na!"

"You.. what?!" he exclaimed on the other line.

I stomped my foot, impatiently and groaned. I don't have fvcking time to repeat myself again. "Just come here right away Dad! I'm getting uncomfortable!" I whined.

But that isn't purely true. I'm not comfortable not because I'm with the police, but because I want to go home already. I just know how to do the trick in my father. I'm not Taiana Samonte Perkins for nothing.

"I'll be there. Behave, okay?" he said then hung up the phone.

I glared at the phone, then shifted at the damaged side of the car, then to the motorcycle. I clicked my tongue and rolled my eyes nang makita ko yung damage. It's not that huge though, but the scatches and bents on the door cannot be fix and needed to change na, whilst the motorcycle looks okay maliban sa natanggal na isang mirror.

"Nakatawag ka na? Sumama ka na samin sa prisinto," sabi ng pulis at naglahad ng kamay, "Amina susi ng kotse, kami na'ng bahala magmaneho at baka mabangga ka na naman hija. At wala ka din palang lisensya kaya wala ka ring choice," he added.

I didn't argue though, I didn't want to ride on the police car, but I don't have a freaking choice but to comply. Tss.

Dad was shaking his head when he saw me sitting in front of the police head's table. He sighed when I assured him I'm okay. "What the hell happened?" tanong niya, then his gaze shifted on the police officer who asked us to take a sit.

"Kayo po ba yung guardian niya?" the police asked while typing something on the keyboard.

"I'm her father. What happened?" Dad asked rather calmly.

I expected him to be calm. He's always calm and I got the right choice of calling him instead of Mom. Kung siya yung nandito, baka pinagalitan na niya 'ko. But I knew better na once makauwi kami, I will never hear the end of it.

The police shook his head bago tumingin sakin then kay Dad. "Yung anak niyo, nagdadrive ng walang lisensya at huminto sa gitna ng intersection habang naka-go signal yung kabilang linya kaya nabangga. Mabuti na lang at motorsiklo lang at nakapagpreno agad yung driver kaya hindi ganun kalakas yung impact. Pero tumaob yung motorsiklo, at dinala sa ospital yung driver nito at kasalukuyang ginagamot," he elaborated. "Kukunin ko po yung basic details tungkol sa anak ninyo. Maaari siyang makasuhan ng reckless driving, driving without license at not following driving rules.."

Dad gave my infos politely without any complains. The police shook his head again when he learnt I'm still a minor, but didn't said anything. I'm so bored to death as I listened to them about the driver of the motorcycle who hit me and might file a case against me. I'm not actually bothered about it, dahil confident ako na hindi ako hahayaan ni Dad na magkarecord dito. I don't care about the driver if he's hurt or injured or whatever, hindi naman siguro siya namatay sa pagkasemplang?

I'm pretty sure Mom will scold me, and Kuya Trystan will lecture me about trying to drive kahit na pinagbawalan ako. But what can I do? That bastard left me and I wanted to go home and I couldn't wait for Tan-tan any longer. And the phrases 'I have no choice' will come out from my mouth once again, which became my trademark since I was younger.

"Ang sabi ng mga nakasaksi, dirediretso daw yung sasakyan kahit na naka red na yung stoplight sa lane nila, tapos bigla na lang daw huminto yung kotse ng anak ninyo sa gitna ng intersection at sakto namang paparating yung motorsiklo. Mabuti na lang at mabagal at safe magdrive yung driver ng motorsiklo, kaya hindi ganoon kalakas yung impact. Pero malaki pa rin ang naging damage nung nacheck namin. Kayo na pong bahalang mag-usap para maaregluhan ito at kailangan ninyo pong magbayad ng penalty at damages".

Dad's jaw clenched and heaved a sigh. "Thanks Chief. We'll pay for all the damages. Can we go to the hospital and see the guy then?" he asked calmly.

I frowned as I looked at him. He gave me a warning look to stop me from protesting. I stomped my feet and lumabas na lang ako bago ko pa suwayin si Dad. He may be calm but I know him. He's the epitome of calm before the storm, and Mom never fail to remind us that since we never saw him getting mad yet.

I saw Kuya Troy leaning on Dad's car and stared at me as I walked towards his direction. He's the mixed of Dad and Mom, the calm and rationale. Pero like Kuya Trystan, he's overprotective too, which irrates me most of the time.

"Where's your boyfriend and why'd you drive the car?" tanong niya pagkalapit ko.

I rolled my eyes heavenwards. Here we go again. "FYI, he's not my boyfriend! And that coward finally quit on our deal and just left me".

"Hinintay mo sana si Tan-tan. You should learn to wait and adjust Tai."

I scoffed and stepped inside the backseat without responding. Wait? That's not included in my vocabulary. I have a very short temper and waiting irrates me most.

Dumaretso kami sa hospital where the guy admitted as per police said. We were directed at the emergency room where the guy was being treated.

"Byron Ybañes?" Dad asked unsured to the guy who was sitting at the edge of the bed, while the nurse was putting bandage on his ankle. "Are you Byron Ybañes?" Dad repeated.

Kuya and I stopped behind while Dad came closer when the guy nodded in affirmation. He extended his hand as he introduced himself with authoritive aura as if he was talking to a perspective business parter.

"I'm Great Perkins, anak ko yung nasa kotseng pinagbinanggaan mo," he said then scanned him. "How are you?"

"Konting gasgas saka natwist yung ankle ko, pero wala namang nabaling buto," sagot nito without looking at my Dad.

"Good. We'll pay for all the damages and your hospital bills and medications. Ipapaayos ko din yung motorcycle mo or pwedeng palitan ng bago kung gusto mo. I'm sorry for the trouble. My daughter doesn't really know how to drive and not aware about rules and regulations of driving safely"

"Bakit kasi nagdadrive, hindi naman pala marunong?" I heard the guy mumbled.

My brows furrowed and shot him a glare. Maybe he felt it as he suddenly looked at our direction and caught my eyes. I rolled my eyes and Dad gave me another warning look to shut me up for whatever I will going to say, so, I maintained a poker face na lang. I won't mess up whatever he plans to clean my record because it's for my own good.

"This is Taiana, my daughter. She's here to say sorry," I heard Dad announced.

I quickly scowled at him. "What Dad?! He's the one who hit me, why would I apologize?" I asked incredulously.

"Tai," Kuya Troy nudged me. "Just say it," he cooed.

I rolled my eyes heavenwards and looked back at the guy. He was looking at me expectantly so, I rolled my eyes again. Gosh. I hate this. I've never say sorry unless it's Dad, Mom, and my brothers tapos magsosorry ako sa isang to? Siya naman yung bumangga sakin! So many negative vibes huh!

"Taiana"

I took a deep breath and glared at the guy. "Sorry," I said briefly and saw his eyebrows raised.

"Hindi ako tumatanggap ng sorry na labas sa ilong," sabi nito while grinning pa. He looked amused and I'm sure he's mocking me. The nerve!

"Can we go home now Dad? I'm tired already," I complained and ignored him. He's not worth my attention. Dad will pay him and everything's be fine na. Hindi ko na siya makikita.

"Not yet Princess. Ihahatid pa natin siya pauwi," sabi ni Dad then pointed the guy.

Seriously? Tss.

Hindi na lang ako nagsalita and just crossed my arms. Dad left us to pay the bills and told us to stay with the guy while waiting for him. Kuya Troy asked the nurse about his ankle and bruises since he's a nursing student. I bet he craved for new knowledge about the ways on how to treat those.

"Maupo ka muna Tai, Dad will definitely take longer," sabi ni Kuya Troy then pointed the bed next to the guy.

As if I'll seat beside a stranger? No way! I ignored Kuya and just looked around. I haven't been here actually and it's kinda creepy. I heard screams, there's a lot who were seething in pain and cries. Fortunately I haven't seen a single drop of blood scattered around or in my line of vision, or else I'm gonna pass out. If there's one thing I'm scared of, it's blood.

"Tapos na ba?" I heard Kuya asked.

"Hindi pa po, Sir, tatahiin pa yung sugat sa may bandang tuhod," sagot nung nurse.

I frowned and looked at the guy's knees and saw a deep cut. I grimaced and quickly looked away when the nurse put the needle on top of the skin. Eww. That so gross!

"Shit!"

My gaze shifted on him and saw his face contorted in pain when the nurse started sewing his cut.

"Wala bang anesthesia?" I asked Kuya curiously without glancing at the cut. There's no way I will watch it. I'm just good at hiding it, but I can't take it.

He shook his head as he watched the nurse. "Wala. Hindi din naman kasi tatalab," he answered never leaving his eyes and not even blinking. "Lala is way better than her," he chuckled.

"Marunong na si Ate Lala and you, too?"

He shook his head. "I haven't tried it, but Lala practiced it and volunteered whenever there's a wound needed to be sewed in the school clinic"

I grinned then shook my head. I knew how determined Ate Lala, but her determination sometimes shook me. But that doesn't make me love her less though.

I looked at the guy's reaction again, but I frowned when I saw him looking at me then grinned when our eyes met. I arched my eyebrow but he shook his head and chuckled. Insane.

"Anong pangalan mo?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. I felt Kuya nudged me, but I ignored him as well. I don't talk to strangers especially to the annoying one like him. Tss.

"Sabihin mo na, para alam ko kung sino kakasuhan ko".

"What did you say?" I glared at him.

He raised his eyebrows. "O bakit? Kasalanan mo naman kung bakit ako bumangga sa kotse mo, di ba?" sabi nito.

Kuya quickly wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I saw the guy's eyes landed on it, but quickly went back on me.

"Can we talk about it? She's just sixteen Mr. Ybañes," sabi ni Kuya.

Dad finally came back and announced that we can finally leave the freaking hospital after his treatment. I kept quiet and didn't dare glancing at the guy again, coz he's fvcking annoying. Yabang kasi. I'm confident he will not file a case against me. He'll talk to our lawyer and Dad will never let his unica hija sends to DSWD. I'm very sure of that.

"Can you walk with that?" tanong ni Dad when the guy stood up with a clutch.

They helped him until we reached our car. Nauna akong sumakay sa kanila and shut my eyes immediately once I leaned my back on the backseat. I'm hungry and exhausted. I think my energy were fvcking drained coz of too much happenings. Sobrang eventful and I'm not liking even one bit of it. Tss.

I heard the cardoors closed and the starting of engine, but I remained unmoving on my side, with my eyes closed tightly.

"Saan ka nakatira?" I heard Dad's voice.

"Sa Alabang po," the guy answered from my side.

Dad keep on asking, but I didn't bother listening. I don't care about the guy sitting beside me, so, why would I bother listening to him telling informations about him? Such a waste of time. Tss.

"Dito na lang po"

I felt the car stopped, but I still remained unmoving and pretended sleeping. I don't wanna be disturb. I'm exhausted.

"I'll send my assistant to bring the payment for the damages and your new motorcycle tomorrow. And I want to talk to you for arrangement about my daughter's case. I hope you'll consider not filing one. Having one minor case is already a problem."

"Sige po. Salamat sa paghatid," sagot nito na parang walang balak na makipag-areglo. Tss.

I've waited for the car to move before opening my eyes. I quickly caught Dad's eyes on the rearview mirror looking at me before focusing on the road. I sighed and stared through the window. I don't want to explain now then repeat everything when we got home with the other family members, that would be hassle. They'll certainly scold me, but I'm used to it naman  Sana lang hindi magtagal because I'm really tired.

"Care to explain now, Taiana Perkins?" Mom squinted her eyes on me as we entered the house and saw her sitting on the sofa with Kuya Trystan and his wife and my twin bother.

"Start from your boyfriend Tai," said Kuya Troy as he dragged me to sit beside him and across our parents.

I sighed and started telling them what happened. My bothers didn't hide their anger towards the bastard and I never forget to clarify that he's not my boyfriend. He's just one of the guys who bullied my ever so weak twin bother and used him to get me into the deal of being my boyfriend.

"Technically, it's really Tan-tan's fault Mom. He's the sole reason why I got into dealing with those bullies!" I said defensively.

"Why are you passing the blame on me? Ikaw tong nagdrive ng kotse!" he retaliated.

I rolled my eyes then huffed. "If you only try to grow a backbone. You wouldn't need of my help anymore. You're so weak and soft!"

"Tumigil nga kayong dalawa. Palagi kayong nag-aaway, kambal pa naman kayo," saway ni Mom.

I pouted then apologized. I knew better not to detest my mother. Though, I'm Dad's favorite, Mom always has the last word in this house. So, no. I would never want to be on her bad side.

"Okay lang ba yung nakabangga?" tanong ni Kuya Trystan.

Dad nodded and sighed. "He seemed convinced to file a case. I guess I need to send my lawyer to him instead of secretary"

"Sent Tai instead and let her deal with him. I-ground niyo na din para matuto," Kuya Tristan suggested.

"Kuya!" I screamed in protest.

What kind of suggestion was that? No way! I don't want to see that guy again! And ground? Again?! Seriously?

"She's too spoiled Mom, she needs to learn to accept that not everything will go on her way," he added.

I looked at Mom and Dad, pleading. But I don't like what I'm seeing on their faces. Shit. They're considering it! Damn Kuya! How I hate the elder! No shit!

"Okay. Pupuntahan natin siya bukas Tai," sabi ni Dad with finality.

I grunted and stood up. My brother's were chuckling in my expense and the sole reason of this freaking situation I've been through has the nerve to laugh at me! Ugh! "I hate you all!" I hissed at them and walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5M 265K 70
Rogue Saavedra, the arrogant city's young billionaire, becomes stranded on an unknown island. There he meets an illiterate jungle woman, Jane, who is...
133K 1.8K 52
Avyanna Marlowe acted as a mother to her siblings when their parents died. She's known for her sassy and dignified aura, which made her reputation ir...
369K 17.7K 53
[ Iskwala Series #1 ]
1.4M 48.8K 92
[𝙶𝚇𝙶] [𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙵𝚇𝚂𝚃𝚄𝙳𝙴𝙽𝚃] Will you pursue your feelings towards her if she's your professor and your best friend's sister? What if she lik...