Dragoscales (EDITING!)

By wild_child_00

Emerald Fire was born thinking her parents were dead. Raised by elves, she learns of her power to Shapeshift... More

Dragoscales
First encounter
So this is the hobbit
On the road
Trolls
Radagast the Brown
Rivendel
Darkness
My Story
Misty Mountains
Out of the frying pan and into the fire
Epilogue

Goblin Town

1.5K 58 0
By wild_child_00

Emerald's POV

The pain was excruciating. Like white figures of flame dancing up my shoulder, though I have never been burned in my life. I was angry and heart broken that they had left. A feel fingers probing my side making the pain worse, a scream escapes my lips.

"Thorin hold her down!" an old voice orders, and strong arms encircle me, keeping me still. More pain and then darkness.

" Emmy?" a hand taps my face, danger. My brain automatically goes for the new a rest weapon, a dagger. I hold it to the intruders neck, not seeing or hearing anything. Exhaustion trembles inside my body, forcing me to drop the blade and I black out again until a noise wakes me.

"Wake up! It's a trap!" Thorin yells

I stand up quickly, but then the floor drops from beneath us and I scream as I swing my hands around.

We land in a net, and my feet get tanlged in the bottom as new energy courses through my veins, making me growl as I writh like as fish.

"Burn the rope!" Gloin shouted at me

"You want me to burn the ropes, and fall to our deaths? Then went don't you take the time to grab some rocks and get a fire going. Because guess what? I'm not burning the ropes."

The space was to small for me to shift for else the ropes would snap, allowing the company to fall. So when we saw the goblins, burning the ropes or shifting did indeed come to mind first thing when the company kept yelling and pushing at me.

"Get them!" A goblin yelled

I spotted my sheathe on Dwalin and yanked my sword out. As they dragged us up, my eyes glowed as I set my arms on fire, my sword ignites with the green flame. They scramble back with shrieks and hisses, before my energy drained, and I was disarmed. Claws dug into my arms and sides, digging into the skin and drawing blood.

"His majesty will be very pleased!" one growled with an ugly sneer, " Keep your eye on her, she is Fire Shadow." he snarls. More grubby hands wrap around my arms and they bide my hands behind my back with crude rope made of strange leather. I snarl and thrash,ignoring their whips and punches. After a few minutes of fit ing them I fall to the ground.

" Emmy!" I hear a tiny voice whimper. I whip my head around, searching for my friend. I look to Bofur.

" Where is Bilbo?" I breath out, he is not in the group, where is he? I search for him frantically, and then I see him. He is fighting a Goblin with his small sword.

"Bilbo." I whisper out, no one hears me, and no ones see him as the goblin jumps on him and pulls him over the edge of the bridge landing. I stare at the empty spot in horror and allow myself to be dragged away. Bilbo....Bilbos dead. I say over and over to my dragon.

We mist get out aloive, and everyone must get away unharmed. She snarls, Let me help! I shake my head.

No, that will make things worse, not until we get close to an escape tunnel. Until then just lend me your strength. I tell her she sighs.

Always Fire Shadow, always. She whispers to me I feel a surge of gratitude. The goblins yank my hair and sracth my face as they drag me towards their destination, an all to familiar one.

It can't be.." my dragon whispers in dread, he died.

The goblin king siats before us, upon a throne of yellowed bones, a pile of goblins at his feet. He surges forward coughing an hacking, using the goblin pkle as his step.

" Who dares come into my kingdom?" he says quietly and then begins to yell, " Thieves, spies, assassins? " he say nearing a scream. The dwarf near Thorin smiles with malice.

" Dwarves your malevolence. " he answers with a short bow. The goblin kings gaze snap over to him.

" Dwarves?" he sneers, the leader of his small soldiered grins.

" Found them on the front porch!" he says proudly. I glare at him with hate. I keep my inner fire down, trying to stave off attention.

" Don't forget the female Captain." the one holding me whispers.

" Save her for the big surprise, we will get good meat for her." he whispers back.

" Well don't just stand there, search them!" the king roars, "Every crack, every crevice!" he orders. The goblins grope for me,

" A female your malevolence!" one screeches, if grimace as they tug my hair again, and yank me forward. The dwarves all rumble and snarl in response grabbing for me only to be whipped back into a tight group. The king studies me for a second, and then his face splits into a gapped, missing toothed grin.

" Fire Shadow, you return to our clutches!" he laughs loudly, the mass of goblins around us snarl and cheer,demanding blood and death, " The Shadow of Flames returns!" he announces loudly and the crowd goes silent, watching the event take place.

" It has been far to long Scale Flapper, how long exactly?" he continues and turns to a misformed goblin with no legs. The goblin grins and chuckles.

"Almost ten years." He said maliciously

"And such a young youth, Princess of the Dragoscales. Beauty beyond the elves." The Goblin King ran a grubby finger down my cheek

My canines elongated and I bit down on his finger, full of anger. He yanked back, glaring at me. Before he could answer a goblin screeches.

All of them scramble back and so does the king."I know that blade, its the goblin cleaver, hits them, slash them, kill them!" the king yells in fear, " Cut off his head!" he yells drawing my attention to a goblin poised above Thorin, holding a bone dagger.

" NO, THORIN!" I scream out. A white and blue light blinds me and knocks me to the ground, winding me. I sit up slowly and my gaze lands on Gandalf.

" Stand to arms." he says gruffly, " Fight!" he yells, " FIGHT!" he yells. I stand wozily, blood dripping down my cuts and scrapes, I run to Thorin and help him up throwing him his sword and fgrab mine, killing all goblins in my sight.

"Let the dragon come out, Lady Emerald!" Dwalin thundered

"Catch my blade, Kili! Use it to fight!" I commanded, knowing what to do

The blade gleamed as it landed in my best friend's outstretched hand and I turned to face my foe.

"May fire burn you into hell!" I shouted as my form grew

I set the place ablaze with a flame of melted gold. Gandalf leapt forth and I hovered in the air, goblins hanging from my tail. I slammed myself against the wall, sparks lighting up as my spiny ridge scraped against it and it left hot red streaks. The Goblin King landed in front of Gandalf with an evil look in his eye.

"What will you do now, Wizard?"

"This," I snarled, and struck down at the ground with a mighty spring. A massive shock wave boomed, and the Goblin King stumbled. Gandalf leapt and slot him in the belly. The King thought for a moment before admitting,"That will do it."

Kili's POV

We fought until Gandalf led us off, our Dragoscales flapping in the sir, sending fireball after fireball at the goblins. Arrows shot toward her, but plinked to the ground, useless against her thick sides. After we went down a few levels, and finally rested at a creaking bridge, we were trapped. Emerald was being overpowered, the goblins aiming for her belly. She twisted and dived away, hissing in asnger at them.

"Fire, Emmy!" Boomed Gandalf

She blasted them with a hot flame, but then stopped as a goblim shimmied it's way up her spine, wielding a broad ax. As that one got her attention, another aimed as forced black sword for her stomach and everything fell downhill from there. As I turned to fight again a roar made my heart stop and my muscles freeze.

"Emerald!" Fili cried in desperation

Another roar echoed throughout the cavern and slowly I turned to see an arrow shaft stuck into Emmy's chest, her sings faltering quickly.

"Emmy!" Bofur screamed."Please, no!"

She went down, landing on the ground on all four feet, her chest rising rapidly in pain.

"Run!" She roared," NOW!"

We did, staggering through skinny passageways until we are outside.

Gandalf starts to count us."Bofur, Bofur, Bomber. Kili...Fili...Oin and Gloin. That's thirteen."

I can't help it anymore as I sink to my knees in agony, tears threatening to fall. Even Thorin is looking sad.

"Emmy is gone." Oin said bluntly

"Not yet, I'm not."

We turned to see her walking weakly toward us, managing to have snagged her how and dagger belt, looking tore up. She bleeds from reversal sounds, but the biggest problem is her abdomen.

"Where is Bilbo?" I ask suddenly

"Yes, where is our hobbit?" Gandalf asked

"He was with Oin last time I saw him." Balin accused

"Don't blame me!" snarled an outraged Oin

We all started to argue until someone said something.

"No I'm not. I'm right here."

Emerlad rushed to the hobbit, and picked him up, despite her wounds.

"Thank the gods your alive," She whispered tears in her eyes.

He hugged her back, but he yanked away as soon as her hand came into contact with his. She looks at him confused but shakes herself.

"How did you get passed the goblins?" I ask he looks at me and fidgets nervously.

" How indeed." Mister Dwalin says in wonder. Bilbo chuckles and putew his figures into his pocket, he's hiding something.

" Well what does it matter, he's back." Gandalf said his eyes showing clear suspicion. A howl rips the silence around his, my heart picks up its pace and begins to thump wildely in my chest. Wargs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 98 18
When Kaya's asked by Gandalf to join the company of Thorin Oakinshield as their scout to help them reclaim their home. She hesitates at first but agr...
363K 12K 47
A long time after a far moons passed, The Kingdom of Erebor in the Lonely Mountain was taken from the dwarves by the evil fire breathing dragon...
544 37 24
A Woman born with mixed breeds had struggled throughout her life of keeping a home, her name is Nathaniela Firestorm, which she was given that name w...
179K 5.4K 38
Enmira is a half elven skin changer, that went through a lot in her early years. After an encounter with Gandalf, she sees the company that she needs...