Misty Mountains

"The dwarves are gone, my Lot Elrond." Lindir said

My eyes glowed feverishly as those words. I ushered a servant up.

"Fetch my clothes, quick," I hissed at him

He scurried off as I shifted. He came back a minute later, and yelped as he saw my enlarged, more scary form. I grabbed my stuff carefully.

I looked down at Gandalf. My ears pressed flat against my skull as anger coursed through my veins.

"You knew, Gray Wizard?" I growled in elvish

He smirked."I did. Thorin left without telling you for he did not want your help."

"DWARVEN PRIDE!" I rumbled and took off without saying farewell

Bilbo's POV

"We need to find shelter!" Dwalin yelled over the crying wind

We kept walking as the rain and hail beat down on us.

Suddenly everything started to drop and the ground shook. I knew I should have stayed, I thought.

"This is no thunderstorm! This is a thunder battle!" Balin shouted

"Well bless me, the legends are true! Giants; Stone Giants!" Bofur cried

I had a hard Tims making out the large rocky figure in the nighttime, but it was huge. Another one hefted a rock from the side of the mountain, and vsaulted it toward us. Then the rock split in between the company.

"Kili!" Thorin yelled

As we all slipped, I tumbled right off the edge as Thorin screamed," Kili, grab my hand!"

Once they were all back together, they started looking for me.

"Where's Bilbo? Where's our hobbit?" Bofur shouted

"There!" Dwalin pointed to my dangling form.

Kili reached for my hand, but missed as I kept slipping. Finally Thorin jumped down and threw me up to the dwarves.

"Thorin!" Fili cried as his uncle fell

Suddenly Emerald's dragon form showed and her tail wrapped around Thorin's waist and her wings beat firiously, battling against the strong wind.

"Find a cave!" She ordered

Dwalin pointedto one and I turned just in time to see a rock as big as Emmy's head smash into her ribcage.

"Go!" She yelled toward Kili who looked at her with worried eyes

We collapsed inside the cave, panting and heaving. We waited for the other two and she finally came in, dropping Thorin. Her wings folded back as she staggered forth, and thudded to the ground, eyes closed. Kili and Fili rushed toward her, hands running over her neck.

"Emerald." Bofur whispered

Bifur and Bomber watched from afar while Oin came closer to her. She did not wake. He felt around her ribs, afraid to harm her as she became human again.

"She has broken four ribs, dislocated her left shoulder, and I think a collarbone might be smashed."

She started to move, and she screamed.

"Thorin! Hold her down!" Balin ordered

Thorin hurried over and latched his arms around hers.

"Emerald, wake up!" Kili yelled, lightly slapping her face

Her eyes snapped open, and she shot up,her hand yanking out a knife from a sheathe on Thorin's hip. She pointed it at Kili's throat, a wild look in her eye.

"Put it down!" Thorin snapped, shoving her aside

I scurried toward her and I saw she was crying, loud sobs escaping her chest. Dwalin, being soft hearted toward the one who had saved his life, picked her up. She curled into his massive arms, eyes closing. He whispered things in the dwarfish language.

"Emerald?" Kili asked, taking her limp hand in his.

"She is asleep, Laddie." Balin said

Dwalin set Emerald down and covered her up with his cloak.

"Will she be alright?" I asked Oin

"Do not worry, Master Baggins. Emerald is a tough little lass."