A Scandalous Job

By Pepperlicious

He was the son of America's most prosperous billionaire and heir to his father's company. She was the new int... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter 36
Update/Questions/Sequel???

Chapter Thirteen

13.3K 529 25
By Pepperlicious

Chapter Thirteen

“Drug Lord?” I squeaked, my voice cracking.

Chance smirked. “Yes, I’ve been waiting a long time to meet up with this guy. He’s not an easy person to track down.”

“Well, I’d seriously hope not considering he’s a freaking drug dealer.”

Chance rolled his eyes. “I don’t like sarcasm.”

“Oh, I’m deeply sorry.”

He shot me a glare. “That wasn’t a joke, Piper.”

I flinched at his tone. “Sorry.” This time, my apology was genuine.

Chance nodded and came to sit down next to me. “His name is Miguel Gonzalez.”

It took me a second to realize Chance was talking about the drug lord.

“Where’s his…operation based out of?” I asked quietly.

“His main drug trafficking is all through Brazil. However, he conducts smaller deals in Argentina and Colombia.”

I nodded, my face grim. I’d never been a superstar at geography, but I knew where those countries where on the map.

“Where are you meeting him?”

Chance crossed his arms. “I think you meant to say ‘where are we meeting him’.”

I bit my lip. Chance continued anyway.

“Miguel arrived in Manhattan last night. He’s staying at a nearby hotel. We’ll meet in his room.”

My eyes widened. “What?”

Chance’s gaze narrowed. “You heard me.”

“But isn’t that dangerous? Shouldn’t we meet in a more…public place?”

Chance scoffed. “Everything about this job is dangerous, Piper. And besides, a guy like Miguel Gonzalez isn’t afraid to attack in a public place.”

I sighed, defeated. Chance was right. I already knew the repercussions and dangers of this job. And still, I’d agreed to it.

Granted, I wasn’t the toughest or most brave person out there, but I wasn’t one to back down.

So, head held high, I looked Chance in the eye and said, “Let’s do this then.”

~

“Ouch!” I yelled.

When Chance said that I’d need to be prepared for tonight, I thought he meant that I’d need to be outfitted with weapons and debriefed of our mission.

Instead, I was lying down in New York's most prestigious salon, getting my legs waxed.

To put it lightly—it hurt like hell.

Susan, the salon employee assigned to me, had already waxed my left leg and was in the process of finishing up my left leg.

I grit my teeth as she pulled the last cloth strip away, no doubt ripping off all my hair and two layers of skin.

“Are you done now?” I asked for the tenth time.

“With your legs? Yes. However, Mr. Burke said I have to do bikini wax too,” she replied in her heavily accented voice.

My eyes widened.

Hell no.

This lady and her waxing strips of death weren’t going anywhere near my private area.

Faster than I thought possible, I rolled off the table and stood in the corner of the room.

I clutched the plush robe I was wearing closer to my chest and subconsciously squeezed my legs together.

“No.”

“But Mr. Burke insisted,” Susan pushed on, coming closer to me.

I shook my head. There was no way I was letting this Russian lady give me a bikini wax. Hell, I wouldn’t let anyone wax my bikini area.

“Well, you can tell Chance to fuck himself.”

With those final words, I exited the room and went to the bathroom to change back into my normal clothes.

As I slid my jeans on, my freshly waxed legs slightly stung. With every step I took, the denim rubbed up against my sensitive skin. I bit my lip. The pain wasn’t bad, I just had never felt anything like this before.

Along with getting my legs waxed, I’d had my hair cut, blow dried, and styled. The stylist had offered to do my makeup too, but I declined.

While I wasn’t good with hair or fashion, makeup had always been something that I liked to do. And, I liked to think I wasn’t bad at it.

This morning, after Chance and I were done talking, he told me to go back to work. For two hours, I resumed my old position as Intern slave. I went on a couple of coffee runs and filed some things for other executives.

However, around three o’clock, Trevor showed up in my office and told me to follow him.

He’d taken me down to where the Escalade was parked, than proceeded to drop me off at this salon.

I was thoroughly confused as to what was going on, but then my phone rang with a text.

The stylists and employees have already been informed of your arrival. They know what to do. Just sit down, relax, and do as they say.

-Chance

Wanting to do my job properly, I followed Chance’s directions. Well, that was until Susan tried to wax me.

Shaking my head to dismiss the frightening memory, I walked to the waiting room of salon. I expected to see Trevor there, waiting to drive me back to Burke Industries.

But instead, Chance was lounging in one of the leather couches while typing on his phone. At the sound of my footsteps, he looked up, bright blue eyes landing on me.

“Done already? That was fast.”

He stood up and came towards me. I put my best bitch-glare on. He noticed my expression immediately.

“Whats wrong?”

“Next time, I’d like to be informed as to what’s going to go on here.”

He smirked. “I assume your talking about the bikini wax?”

“Yes, I’m talking about the bikini wax.”

Chance merely rolled his eyes. “You’re overreacting then.”

“Funny. I don’t think I am.”

Chance took a step forward. “As your boss, I can order you to do things you don’t like.”

“Really? Because I didn’t go through with that bikini wax.”

“Is that so?” He rose one brow.

“Yes, I said no.”

“And what did you tell Susan to tell me?”

This time, I smirked. “To fuck yourself.”

~

Chance avoided talking to me on the way back to Burke Tower. It was nearing six and rush hour traffic was in full swing.

Still, Chance drove like a bat out of hell, weaving through traffic like a mad man in his Range Rover.

Meanwhile, I sat in the front seat, clutching the “oh shit” handle and fearing for my life.

“Would you slow down? I’d like to get there in one piece,” I asked Chance.

He scoffed and switched lanes, narrowly missing a rogue taxi cab. “In case you haven’t noticed, we’re on a tight schedule.”

Just as he finished his sentence, Burke Tower came into view. I expected Chance to pull into the parking garage, but he surprised me by slamming the brakes right in front of the building.

Immediately, a valet guy approached us. Chance got out and I followed.

“Should I take this to your usual parking area, Sir?”  the valet guy asked.

“No, keep it here. Engine running. I’ll be out shortly.” Every sentence was clipped, curt.

The valet seemed to think so too because he took a step back and hurriedly nodded his head. “Yes, Sir.”

Chance’s arm shot out and grabbed my wrist. “Let’s go, Piper.”

His grip was firm, almost bordering on the line of painful. Without a word, he dragged me through the front door, into the packed lobby.

I expected security to swarm us, asking for our employee IDs, but one look from chance had them scurrying away.

Lucky for us, an elevator just opened. Chance hurried into it, shutting the door before anyone else could climb on.

Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out his elevator key and jammed it in the slot on the control panel. Immediately, we shot up.

For a second, I thought we were going up to the roof, but to my relief, we stopped at the executive floor. As soon as the doors opened, Chance resumed dragging me to his office.

“What are you doing? Let go of me.”

Chance didn’t break his stride. “Quiet. We don’t have time for this, Piper. We’re meeting Miguel at seven.”

As he finished speaking, we rounded a corner and came to a stop outside Chance’s office. Deftly he unlocked the door and stepped inside, flicking the light on in the process.

“Get changed,” he ordered and pointed to the couch. My eyes glanced over and landed on a black garment bag. I gawked, wondering how Chance got that there.

“Hurry,” he snapped when I made no move towards the garment.

Trying to resist the urge to flinch at his tone, I quickly walked to the couch, picked up the bag, and made my way to the bathroom.

After I locked the door, I unzipped the bag. To my dismay, hanging up inside was the slutty red dress Chance bought me yesterday.

A grimace settled on my face.  Still, I pulled it on, wiggling it up my hips. Once it was in place, I glanced in the mirror.

Damn, Piper. You look…hot.

The tight, red fabric clung to my curves. My hair, still styled from the salon, trickled down my back in soft curls.

The Christian Louboutins Chance had given me made my legs look miles long, and the sole of my shoes matched the dress fabric perfectly. The only thing missing was my makeup.

Shit, I should’ve just let the stylist do my makeup.

Shaking my head, I took a deep breath and exited the bathroom. My eyes scanned the room until they landed on Chance.

For a second, my breath hitched.

Hot damn. Chance looked sexy.

Granted, he always looked sexy, but right now he looked good enough to eat.

He must’ve changed while I was in the bathroom because he now wore a suit. Like his normal suits, his pants and jacket were black, but this time, instead of wearing a white shirt, he wore an all black one. No tie hung from his neck.

I cleared my throat and he glanced up, blue eyes landing on mine.

“We have a small problem,” I whispered.

One, perfectly black eyebrow rose. “What?”

“I don’t have any makeup.”

“But the stylist was supposed to do it.”

I winced. “Yeah, but I wanted to.”

Anger darkened Chance’s irises. “Are you serious?”

I nodded. “Damn it, Piper. This is why you should do what you’re told to.”

“But I did’t know,” I protested.

“I don’t give a shit if you didn’t know. You should have followed my directions.”

“I’m not some slave to you. You don’t own me,” I spat.

“I’m pretty sure I do,” he took a step closer.

I shivered. “That still doesn’t mean I have to do everything you tell me too.”

Chance just shook his head. “There’s two reasons why you should listen to me, Piper.”

I crossed my arms. “Yeah? What are they?”

Chance’s forehead practically brushed mine now. “Reason one: I’m your boss.”

“And what’s the other reason?”

“It’s for you safety. Because, if you don’t listen to me, especially tonight, then you won’t live to see tomorrow.”

***************************

So I'd just like to start off by apologizng. I know that it's been forever that I updated this story. I wish I had some excuse as to why I haven't written any new chapters, but I don't. Truth is, I've just been super busy this year.

But anyway, after some editing, I found the drive to start writing this story again. So, updates should be pretty frequent. Maybe even once a week.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter though and please make sure to vote/comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 8.1K 52
*WARNING: THIS STORY IS UNEDITED! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!* UNEXPECTED TWIST! STAY CALM AND JUST READ! One day Reyna is confronted by childho...
Astray By secretgrapes

General Fiction

1.9K 94 12
Emerson Fay finds herself trapped; taken by a mysterious man who is obsessed with the idea of creating his own happy family, no matter the price. How...
7.2M 158K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...
340 82 30
"Mr. Darryl, rumors said that you're an illegimate child of Mr. Michael Conrad. Is that true?" one of the lady reporter ask me. l clench my hand tigh...