How to Make a Demigod: A Perc...

By Kidatash

Want to make a Demigod for the amazing fandom known as the Percy Jackson fandom? want to make sure that bra... More

Godly Parents
Godly Powers
Weaknesses & Fatal Flaws
How to NOT make A PJO Fanfic
Weapons
Camp Half Blood
Cabins(Camp Half Blood)
Author's note
Main Locations and Landscapes(Camp Half Blood)
Joining Camp Half Blood & Camp Rankings(Camp Half Blood)
Camp Jupiter
Main Location and Landscape(Camp Jupiter)
Differences between Camp Half Blood & Camp Jupiter
Backgrounds
Names and Surnames

HOW to Make A PJO Fanfic

5.9K 74 523
By Kidatash

Ok, Now since I already made one on How NOT to Make a PJO Fanfic

I'm going to make one on HOW to Make a PJO Fanfic

But most of these are just Ideas and  a few things some people on Wattpad, seemed to have forgotten.

Some of the stuff is what I did with a PJO Book that's currently in progress

Stuff like Appearances and such I'm not gonna cover because those are gonna be covered later on in this book

Anyways, Let's begin 

1. Be Original

Come on people. because no one wants to read the same Chaos, Demigods Go to Highschool or Mary Sue goes to Camp Half Blood books for the 50th time this week.

I'm not saying DON'T go with those plot lines, I'm just saying if you are, spice it up a little, I mean, instead of the Gods making the seven go to School for the sake of their education, why not make them go to that school undercover as regular School Kids to keep an eye on a hoard of Monsters or something.

Instead of Percy being the one Chaos takes in, why not make it an OC? Or even one of the Minor Characters like 

I mean people, there are so many ways to be original and flavor up a plot line for a bit (Heck, even a crossover between Percy Jackson and Gravity Falls would be interesting XD, I mean, why do a Harry Potter crossover that's been done 50,000 times already if there's other shows, books and media to experiment with?)

2. Grammar and Vocab people,Uncle Rick uses it, Your Mom uses it, Your English Teacher uses it, I mean, how can you write a epic book if you keep writing like, this:

I wek op in le marnin end loked arount ma rom  end somersalted ot ma bet end ga ento ma cloced, puddong on a selvir mene drezz 

Ok, most people don't write like that and I understand not all of us have English as a first language, but careless and even stupid mistakes can be avoided easily by using stuff like Grammarly or even Microsoft Word, or atleast take a few minutes to read through your work

I mean, for me I use Microsoft and Auto Correct. But even I make my mistakes

But like my 8th grade Media and Literature teacher always said "always check your work when you plan on publishing it before, because if someone finds a string of silly mistakes in your story that could've easily been avoided? you'll just look careless about your work"  

3. DON'T break up any Canon Couples, yes, I know we all love Percy and Leo but some of us seem to forget they already found their Mrs Right. Yes, I get it, I mean, I myself had a crush on Leo Mcshizzle once upon a time but I'm not willing enough to break up his relationship with Calypso. Cuz well, if there's one girl who needs a awesome man like that? It's Calypso(Come on People, the poor girl deserves him more, she's been through alot) 

and if you're that desperate for your Oc to get some love, why not make a guy or girl willing enough to stand by their side? I mean that would be much more convenient. If you can make one demigod, you can certainly have the power and skill to make another one.

4. Make the OC, Gay, Bi or even Trans

come on People, it's 2017 Damit, I'm tired of seeing Miss Mary Sue going on random dates with guys all day and turning her nose in disgust when someone mentions dating a girl for a change.

plus it makes your Protagonist more interesting and relatable especially with the LGBTQ+ Community

I mean, the options are endless people, the options are endless, plus it would make your OC a much more interesting character

5.  Make your Oc culturally Diverse, for example, Instead of the standard American, Make her a Asian or even someone from the Middle East.

People, it's 2017, Expats in foreign countries are getting more and more common these days, heck, I live in Oman even though I'm a full blooded South Africa, why exactly? Because my Mom is an expat, she and my dad moved here to get a new job because their old school went Bankrupt, so if you make an OC,  I'm not saying  don't make her an American. I mean America is the place where the events of Percy Jackson takes place after all, but because of them you don't HAVE to make them JUST an American,  if you keep that fact in mind, you pretty much have the freedom to make them any race you want, whether it would be due to bankruptcy, a new job that takes place in America, or just simply moving there to start up fresh.

6. Always keep the Original Characters, IN CHARACTER

with me, my advice is to get your note book, get your Percy Jackson books, read them over and take notes.

I know, some might think "Why read the books again?" but if you read your PJO books, more than 3 times, you might get a few catches and new hints that you didn't notice before, as well as how the character you want to write about would react to a certain situation.

so if you're writing about Leo, Piper, Hazel, even Nico, just go read through The Lost Hero or even The Labyrinth  and The Mark of Athena.

The biggest mistake alot of writers make when writing fanfiction is writing all the characters out of character, like some fans forgetting Nico is Gay, not straight.

But this mistake can be easily avoided by writing down their personality traits and reactions from the books down on a note pad or even a quick Wikia search.

7.Experiment

Again, don't make your OC fit into one Particular mold 

because if you do, your character, ends up being boring

so don't be afraid to experiment around with appearances and Origins, besides, how can you make a interesting character of you keep going to go with the same old mold that people have seen before, so don't be afraid to experiment around.

8. DON'T MAKE LEO OR NICO(aka the kings of Scrawny) your freaking six packed male supermodels 

THEY JUST AREN'T. LIKE. THAT

sure, they're attractive but not "I'm so hot I can make all the women on earth faint when they look at me" hot 

I mean, if you're looking for a guy with a 6 pack? look at that Mars Kid over there, heck  even that  Hephaestus kid over there! I mean, they are quite muscly,heck, even buff ol' Frank over there who's still sitting in Narnia...no wait....He belongs with Hazel....(Frazel for life!)

9.  On topic with the previous one, Please, just, please include Camp Jupiter for once, or even Frank and Hazel? please? I mean, Why not? I know the Romans are more Strict and Military based, but they're still freaking awesome! I mean, It's a freaking city hidden beneath a HILL! You don't get that at Camp Half Blood people, think of the possibilities 

10. Why not make your Oc the kid of a God other than Artemis or the Big Three? I mean, I'm not saying not to make her a kid of The Big Three, but Artemis is off limits, if you've read the books you'd know she doesn't give a shit about love, guys and generally having kids, she has her Hunters, so why would she even have a Daughter in the first place if she has a group of Bad ass girls on her side?

As for the Big Three, this is REALLY Overdone in our fandom, and for me, I don't see a reason why. If you look at The Grace Siblings, Sally and Maria, the Big Three have a reason to be attracted to them, If you look at them close up, you'd realize they have atleast ONE trait They would've found attractive like Sally being Kind and Motherly and Jason and Thalia's mom was overly attractive . 

But Mary Sue over there? her mortal Parent happens to be the biggest jerk in the history of jerks, so why would Zeus, Hades, heck even Poseidon out of all people...want to date an bitter jerk!? It just doesn't make sense, plus there's the "NO Kids after World War ll" rule, which almost everyone who creates these Mary sues, keep forgetting. Plus, unless Mary sue was a Daughter of Zeus, if she was a kid of the other two gods? Chances are Zeus is gonna fetch his Lightning bolts and wipe Madame Mary Sue right off the Earth. 

11. Make your Oc, a Normal REGULAR kid. 

I'm not saying not to make her Rich, Pretty and Popular(though that is overused)

But for us, that isn't relatable, Wattpad isn't full of those Annoying Rich kids you'd find on snap chat, it's full of regular teenagers who don't live in lavish 33 Billion dollar mansions. 

If you're planning on doing that? look at Piper and let her show you how it's done, she's the living example that being Rich and Pretty isn't the route to happiness

so why not make the Oc a regular kid for a change? Not only is there more options but it make her feel more....human 

not a goddess reborn on earth

12. DON'T MAKE HER BLESSED BY EVERY GOD OF EXISTENCE! 

like seriously, Mary Sue has no reason to be blessed by so many gods!

ok, one god is ok,  But there has to be a REASON for it, Plus most of the gods don't give a shit about Mary Sue's "oh so special" powers

like I said, there has to be a reason, like a Godly parent helping their kid for war or Aphrodite claiming one of her kids, but a god blessing a Demigod that ISN'T their kid? is so rare, the possibilities of THAT happening is like 00.1, maybe 00.3 out of a Million, it's just not gonna happen

13.  Give her a weakness and don't make her TOO popular

I mean, not all of us can be loved by the entire universe, all of us had atleast one critic out there, even the most famous and well known celebrities have haters

and as for weaknesses, All of us also have a weak spot

so don't make your OC so over powered that she could beat Tartarus's butt

even the freaking gods have their weaknesses

you can't avoid it

Weaknesses and Critics are well...part of life, you just can't avoid it

 Anyways that's all I could come up with 

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter

and as always demigod

Stay Awesome

~Kidatash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 1K 189
Mature content
26.5K 52 18
just my thoughts tyy for 20k reads in just over a week BTW MY INSTA USERNAME IS NOW @yum1kim_
237K 7.5K 169
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
202K 31.8K 83
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး