Fraternity

By Jewell_Webster

[THIS BOOK CONTAINS MATURE THEMES WHICH IS ACCEPTABLE FOR 18+ READERS ONLY] "Yes?" His deep voice growls. It'... More

Fraternity
Warning of Re-Write / Editors Wanted!
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue
New Series?

Chapter Twenty Three

26K 855 215
By Jewell_Webster

Chapter Twenty Two

Jackson Blake's POV

Why me? For the past few weeks, it's all I've contemplated. Perhaps life is starting to catch up with me and I'm starting to realise how fucking weird my life has become. I suppose it's because I haven't been in Slater's suffocating presence since our moment in the shower. Although he's avoiding me like the plague, I did want to give him space. Time heals I've been told. Some people just need to live in their thoughts for a while before they acknowledge and accept what's happening around them. I wouldn't put it past the fact that being back in Scotland hadn't helped. He'd put us on a jet once he'd dressed from his events in the shower and there wasn't room for negotiating.

It was uncomfortable walking back through those doors, it might have been from the countless stares, but I couldn't deny my mind wouldn't let go of the events I witnessed the last time I was here. Images of Slater bending that woman over his desk flooring my mind.

The castle has more people in it. Not just the servants and maids, but hundreds and hundreds of people. I'd discovered that not far from the castle gates there are communities of wolves. They're mostly where Slater's warriors and guard force reside when they're off duty. So it was strange, seeing guards line the entrance and the grounds, all dressed in black with cold expressions. There are also packs visiting from all over the world. There's a new pack arriving every few days, wanting to visit their king and discuss business and finances. It was all complicated. I still wasn't quite sure the way things worked.

I learnt that Slater had put a ban on the castle when I arrived the first time. No packs or members of his guard force could enter the premises and those who could were forbidden from discussing the celebration or the fact I was Slater's mate. If he could, he'd keep the restrictions on for longer but unfortunately that wasn't a possibility for him. It would arouse too many suspicions and would make the rumours and gossip flame to an untameable level. So inevitably he's had to allow people back in.

The ceremony made things amongst the castle interesting. Some of the maids knew who I was, that I was crowned and titled the Sigma King, but they were all forbidden to discuss it. They weren't to address me by my title, they weren't to treat me as Slater's equal.

The ceremony was just an obligation. It forced Slater to out himself but only to a select few. If the choice was Slater's the ceremony would have never have happened. The Luna Goddess is the decider of the crown and by her will, I was the King's mate, meaning the choice to give me the crown, to give me my title, was out of his hands. Not even the King can disobey the will of the Goddess.

Reflecting on the events of the ceremony, it was like puzzle pieces that now fit together. There was only a small selection of Alphas and their mates and I'd since learnt that there were hundreds of Alphas all over the country. He'd only invited the most powerful, the ones that would cause him the most problems if they didn't accept his mate. He wanted to know which Alphas would question his leadership if he mated a man. The debate of whether there would be a successor to the throne hot in the air as I couldn't provide children.

It now made sense why Slater's eyes were so watchful amongst the other Alphas. Analysing every Alpha that greeted me, and especially the ones who didn't. Most had been accepting of the Luna Goddess' fate, but I'd come to learn that three of the Alphas were murdered the night of the ceremony. And there I had been, blissfully unaware. He'd done it to protect his reputation, protect his position in power, but he'd also done it to protect me.

It meant that there were thousands of Alphas, Betas, and Warriors who were left unaware of who I was. Left only to rumour why I held the mark of their king. It soon became wildly known that I was marked for my rarity. That was the reason the King had staked his claim on me, a rare white wolf that holds great power. Echoing what Slater had told me, I'd been marked as a sigh of ownership and to force me into submission. It had become worse as more knew, as I stalked the halls of the castle. Regardless of the power I hold, all I am is Slater's bitch. A dog strapped to a leash in a bid to keep me under control.

I'd almost started to believe it. Believe that our relationship was built on keeping power and control. I suppose in many ways it was. He'd only marked me to keep control of his wolf. He'd only had the ceremony to keep the Luna Goddess happy. He'd only had the Alpha's present because of his vow and as a way of keeping those beneath him stayed in check. It's all about power and control with him.

I think being away from him for the week had made me contemplate the whispers and the rumours more. That I was just property to him. I was starting to buy into them. Like their word was spoken by the man himself and not just people needing to uncover every secret of their mysterious and precious king. It was driving me insane that I wasn't receiving the reassurance I desperately craved from him. For the most part, I didn't care what they said. It was only a small amount of hesitancy that crept in, but I'm confident that I've not been led astray. That deep down Slater's never considered me as property, he's just scared to admit what I really mean to him.

The hums around me hadn't stopped since I'd arrived. They had seen me shift, they had seen the gold ribbons of light swirl around me. It always gathers an audience and I despised it. I now know how exotic animals in zoos feel. It's like I'm trapped in a glass bowl, everyone's eyes free to look and judge. I'm the white wolf, the symbol of purity and innocent combined with the chaos of a warlock. How could they not stare?

I'm not comforted by the fact I'm different. I don't relish in the fact I'm powerful or mysterious. I feel like a lab rat to these people. Perhaps if I was confident I'd have enjoyed this more. But I've spent my life being an outsider. The outcast, the bad boy, the loner. I was getting the same treatment all over again. I feel like a ticking time bomb to these people. Even though I'm rare and unknown to them, an experiment to poke and prod at, you couldn't deny the fear around people. The fact is, the unknown is scary. You don't know what to expect with the unknown. So even though they stare, they secretly fear what I'm capable of.

Since arriving back in Scotland I've been put on a schedule. Studying relentlessly for my degree, studying the world of magic and wolves. Everything makes my head hurt. I've been paired with warriors to teach me how to fight, both in human and wolf form. At first, I looked as battered as a bruised apple. They were strong, relentless. I'd coughed up so much blood I was surprised there was still any in me. It wasn't long before I got the hang of it. Sure I got a good kick or punch now and then, but I held my own, and each spar ended in my victory.

I'd had brawls with those I'd beaten. I lost control of my magic a few times and badly hurt a few of them. For the most part, the warriors were cold and distant. I'm a threat to them. Regardless that I'm Slater's property, they don't trust me. They are here to protect their King. They have strong loyalties to their throne and I had every potential to take the crown. It unnerved them. I think it confused them though, why their King would want me to train with them. Why he would want me to get stronger. But they don't know. You can't blame people for being ignorant to knowledge. How were they supposed to know that the only desire I had was the fuck their King, not to kill him?

Training in wolf form didn't come naturally at first. I felt disorientated when my wolf was in control. I hadn't grown up shifting or walking on four feet. So when they make me run, I'd trip and stumble, it was hard to compose myself. I struggled to jump and act agile, everyone was telling me it'd come naturally but it didn't feel that way.

Eventually, I got there. I was fighting my wolf and in those moments I just needed to let him take control. This was his domain, he was in his element here. Once I mastered that, I wasn't the same wolf I was when I started. You'd think I'd done this for years. I was faster than the warriors, more agile, stronger, and you could feel the power and authority that rolled off of me.

When we moved on to combat there was no challenge. I had each of them pinned in seconds. I'd been snapped at by them, one of them even tried to kill me. The more we trained the more of a threat I was and they wanted the threat eliminated before it was too late. There were countless meetings with Slater about it. Conferences, boards, you name it, it's happened. The lead warrior, Donovan, was very against having me train with them. He believed they were giving away tactics to the enemy, that they were becoming the creators of the King's biggest threat. Slater didn't listen and of course, they had to obey his word.

Magic was the most difficult. The grade 2 warlock I see each morning is the most powerful in existence. I'd asked about grade 1's but apparently, over the years there's only ever been two of them and their lineage has been said to have died out. But the warlock, Matthew, had his suspicions about whether I was a grade 1. He had regular meetings with Slater about my progress and from what if heard, I unnerved the warlock deeply. What I'd been able to do in such short periods didn't settle well with him.

He was extremely knowledgeable. Even with the power that he couldn't display, he knew how to teach me. Summoning fire was one of them. He couldn't show me on himself, but he taught me how to. Usually, warlocks and witches have a specialty, but it seemed my magic had no bounds and that's what made fear tingle through his body.

He was there to prevent my wolf from using my magic to his demise. It was as if Slater was desperate for me to gain control so I would stop using my magic in inappropriate ways. So I wouldn't lose control and mark him. But control was of the utmost importance because a rageful wolf combined with chaotic magic would only lead to disaster. If I lost control of him and let him use the power inside me, I could kill more than just one person, I could murder hundreds, maybe even thousands.

It only made me terrified of myself. It made me feel like I should be contained in bulletproof glass and never let out. I can't say I haven't contemplated letting someone end me before I get out of hand. I didn't know how to feel. I didn't feel safe around people, I didn't feel calm or comfortable, I'm scared of myself. The way it feels, knowing you're an outcast and people want you dead for reasons you can't control, it isn't a feeling I'd wish on anyone.

I have so many questions. Why would the Luna Goddess allow such a powerful wolf to mate with a warlock? The warlocks and witches aren't her creation, they're the God of Chao's children. For each of them to allow two powerful beings to mate, neither of the same species...it didn't make sense. I'm the product of an unmated pregnancy created by one of the children of chaos but to allow such power on earth, it didn't make sense. My power is strong. It's almost on par with a God...

I was walking down the halls of the castle and was pulled from my thoughts. Their whispers are distracting. I make my way into the grand hall, and rather than taking a seat I stand at the back and watch as everyone piles in. Slater is holding a conference, something to do with pack funding. People fight to get the front seats, desperate to be close to their King. I pull out a cigarette and light it, wanting to drown away the stress.

"Hey, you can't light that in here," a steward raises his voice at me but once I turn to him his face pales. The attention of the back row is fixed on me and it flurries a commotion of whispers. "Sorry, sir, please accept my apologies," he squeaks out, bowing his head before rushing away from me. Since I'd arrived back, I had to get used to people bowing to show their respect, or exposing their necks to show their submission. It's the product of being a white wolf. Even if I'm just the King's property, his bitch, some people still valued me for my power and rarity, not so much of my status, for that, I was merely a degraded mutt. I can't say it's not been difficult to adjust to, it doesn't feel right to have so much influence on someone's actions.

The whispers continue but I drown them out, enjoying as the smoke fills my lungs. The room quietens down as Slater enters the room, his eyes quickly drawn to mine. It's like my gaze tugs at him in a different way than everyone else's. I continue smoking the cigarette, pressing it against my lips as his watchful gaze analyses my every move.

"Goddess he's so sexy, I hope he never finds his mate. I'd do anything to have him," a girl at the back row whispers to her friends who giggles in response. It tore me away from Slater and I couldn't help the anger brewing inside me. He's mine.

I took a deep breath, inhaling the thick smoke once more to suppress the growing rage. Hearing other people comment about him set this jealousy within me, unlike anything I've felt before. Slater's voice bellowed through the room but I couldn't pay attention. I had a building desire to take him on the conference floor and show everyone here who he belonged to. It's been burning inside me for weeks, my wolf is desperate to mark him. It's another reason he's been avoiding me.

"I still can't believe the king marked him," the girl whispered again as she glanced back at me, our eyes catching and she flushes. "I mean come on, the king can mark whoever he wants and he chose to mark him?" She rolls her eyes as she faces back to the front.

"He's a white wolf, had you not heard?" Her friend whispered back, glancing back at me to see if I'd heard them. "It's a shame really, I mean being owned by the king. He's handsome and powerful. He'd make a perfect mate," her friend keeps her voice low but it was easy for me to catch. They meant nothing by their gossip but I was getting more tired by the day at the whispers.

My eyes drifted back to Slater and it was becoming more difficult to stay away from him. I wanted to give him space, but I also wanted that deep husky voice demanding for me to do as he says. His speech draws to a close and the room is dismissed. Even though the room is full, it couldn't have felt more lonely as Slater left the room. People begin to leave and I'm beginning to struggle to resist. I need him pressed up against me.

I leave the room, stubbing out the cigarette and discarding it in a nearby bin. I practically run to my room and slam the door closed. I'd been put back in the guest room, Slater's room was out of bounds to me. As my back pressed against the door of the room, my body ached for him and I groaned in pain, it was torture to try and stay away. My mark burned against my neck and I knew I wouldn't be able to keep this up for long. I took deep breaths, wiping the layer of sweat pooling on my forehead and closing my eyes. I felt that familiar pressure building inside me and I didn't mean to let it happen, but my body was fighting so hard not to let my wolf take control.

When I opened my eyes I was standing outside Slater's office door. It's desire. When I want something badly enough, my body takes its own accord. Apparently teleporting was the answer this time. The guards peered at me, frozen still at how I'd appeared in front of them out of nowhere. They were there to protect Slater, to obey him, and he'd ordered them not to let me near him. The countless times they'd stopped me from talking to him wasn't going to work this time. I had to get to him. That's all I could think about and what scared me, is that right now, I'd kill anyone that stood between Slater and me. I opened the door and the guards growled, lunging from their posts to stop me.

As the door swung open, the faces of the warriors, betas, and maybe a few Alphas shoot towards me. They posed no interest to me as my eyes locked with Slaters. His muscles pulled tight under his shirt as my scent filled the room. He couldn't deny he wanted me near him just as badly as I did.

"Get out," I bite out, needing every person around Slater out of this room before I do something I regret. My body is dripping with sweat, my breath is labored, and to any observer, it must look like I'd just returned from running a marathon.

A man steps forward, a beta maybe? "Who the fuck do you think you are barking out orders," he growls at me but I can't answer. My eyes are screwed shut, my breaths come out in pants as I cling to the doorway. I can feel the presence of the guards behind me and I can't deny that there's a building fear that I'm going to kill everyone in this room.

The beta goes to grab me, but my eyes open, glowing gold as the yellow ribbons of light encase my body. I grip his forearm as his eyes meet mine, the fear flashing through him before I snap it in half. He bellows in pain, his arm still in my grasp as I glowered down at him.

"I said get the fuck out," I growl, my voice deep and husky. The order shook the room and you could feel the shift in the air. Their scent spoke of their confusion. They don't know I'm the King's mate. Their wolves are telling them to submit to me, but their loyalty lies with their King. The fact they were disobeying a direct order from someone who felt far more superior than them made fear and anxiety spill from them in waves. Nevertheless, they started to prepare themselves to fight.

Just as the room started to heat, their attack on me imminent, Slater stopped them in their tracks. "Leave," his voice is low and dismissive, you could feel the relief. They knew they couldn't take me on, but they'd give it their all to protect the King. I let go of the Betas arm who immediately pulled it towards him to cradle and the room didn't hesitate to empty itself. When the door closed behind me, my body moved on its own accord as it walked toward him. Slater's eyes locked with mine, his body sat in his chair, his expression cold and stern. I flung my legs over him, straddling his lap and forcing my lips against his. I moved my lips against him, but he didn't move against mine. I gripped his hair with my hand but Slater was quick to grab both my hands restraining them behind my back and pulling my lips from his.

The growl that left me shook the room. The glass vase on the shelf rocked and shattered to the floor, books pulled themselves from their place and Slater's body froze beneath me. It was unlike anything that had ever left my lips before. Slater's grip loosened and I felt his hesitancy invade the room. The growl commanded for him to obey me, something he never did for anyone. I'd never considered that I'd overpower him and force him to my will, but right now the ache in my body was getting worse. I needed it to go away. I needed the burning in my bones to stop.

I move my hands from his grip and return his lips to mine. This time he gently moves his against me and I moan in pleasure as the ache starts to lessen. I just needed his touch. He presses his hands into my hips and rubs them with his thumbs. I grip his hair, making the kiss frantic and sloppy. I pant against his lips as I moan and push myself into him as close as I can. After a few seconds, he grips my hair and yanks it back, pulling my lips from his as he exposes my neck where he moves down and sucks on the mark against my neck. The ache inside me dies away and I moan against him, his simple touch making the burning dull to nothing.

He pulls his lips away from me and releases my hair from his grip. I drop my head to the crook of his neck and inhaled in his scent. Being away from him for so long had had its effect on my body. The increasing need to mark him is growing in me. To avoid marking him without his permission, I need him close to me.

"You just interrupted an important board meeting," he hissed at me, but I can barely hear him over the beating of his heart. It's all I could focus on. The building could collapse but the noise would be drowned out by the soft beats beneath his chest. It was distracting me from how close I was to his neck. My mouth watered and I could feel my canines coming through. Slater could sense it because his body stiffened again underneath me and it's as though realisation had hit him. He rubbed my back in soft circles and I almost wanted to purr at his touch. The small action had thankfully soothed me enough that my canines retracted.

"It's getting harder," I whispered against his chest, my forehead pressing against the soft fabric of his shirt as the thin layer of sweat dripped across my body. He didn't respond, only continued to gently stroke my body.

We'd probably sat like that for a good hour, maybe even two, I was sure I'd drifted out of consciousness a few times. It was his scent, it just relaxed my body and made me feel safe. "I need to move back into your room," I told him and I knew before I said it that he wouldn't like the suggestion.

"No," he was firm, demanding. He didn't want to argue about this but I knew better. I knew the other option was far worse for him.

"Either I sleep in your room or I mark you," I knew which option he was going to chose. He knew that I already knew the answer.

"If you're close to me you'll mark me anyway," he hissed out, his body taut beneath me as he vented his frustrations.

I lifted my head from his body so our eyes would lock. I know I'm doing what's right for him so I'm not backing down. "And if I stay away from you like I have the past few weeks I'll end up marking you in front of everyone, is that what you want?" I bit out, and his eyes turned black at my aggressive tone of voice. He hates when I backchat. My wolf pushed forward, my eyes glowing gold as I glare down at him.

He growled, unhappy that I wasn't agreeing with him. Our eyes remained locked for a few minutes, neither of us backing down. I could see him weighing up the options, contemplating which was best, having me close or pushing me away.

He let out a sigh, his body relaxing into the chair and his eyes flickered back to a cold grey. He wasn't pleased that I'd won the argument, but he knew this wasn't an argument he wanted to win.

With his eyes closed and relaxed against the chair, he looked so peaceful. I placed my lips against him in a short peck before pulling away and leaving the office. I didn't miss the clash that came from the room as I walked away. He was a man filled with so much rage it was a wonder how he didn't smash things more often.

The emptiness settled through me as I left. I wondered whether coming back was a good idea sometimes. It felt like I'd burnt my hand once and then decided, you know what, fuck it, and just thrown my whole body onto the pit. I am trying with the whole patience thing, but I can't help but think maybe we're better apart.

~

I'd been asked later that day to resume my training with the pack rather than with the small group of warriors. As I walked outside the atmosphere changed, everyone around us was extremely aware of my presence. "Oh my god, that him. The white wolf, the one with the King's mark." I heard the whispers around me, it was normality now.

"Attention, just because the King's dog has decided to join us doesn't give you a pass to get distracted," a man, at least 6"1 with short brown hair and deep green eyes bellowed across the crowd, quieting everyone down from their chatter.

"If I'm the dog, you must be the runt then," I don't think anyone expected my response, judging by the gasps. I'd never spoken in front of any of them, never mind backchatted what seemed to be an Alpha. Besides being called a dog, a runt was one of the most degrading words to call a wolf, especially someone of a high rank. A runt was a nobody in the pack, they're small and scrawny and almost always rejected from their packs.

"Did he just backchat the Alpha Kings Beta?" Someone whispered and I will admit it shot a bit of fear in me. Slaters Beta? I thought Alpha Samuel was his second in command? It dawned on me what I'd just said. Alpha. Samuel was called Alpha. Maybe he wasn't Slater's second in command. But It didn't make sense, Samuel has sat beside him at meals, where only his Beta would sit. He was by his side the whole time I was at the Fraternity. If this man was Slater's beta, surely I'd know? Or maybe I just don't know anything?

The crowd parted and Slater's so-called Beta steps through the partition, a sinister smirk against his lips as he walked toward me. If I can take Slater down I can take this guy in seconds. "Let's hope the Alpha forgives me. I'm going to damage his little toy," He starts to run towards me, shifting into his wolf mid-air and I'll admit I froze. This large grey wolf was hurling itself towards me and in a matter of seconds, my head will no longer be attached to my body.

I couldn't feel that familiar pressure so I jumped, as the grey wolf lunged at me, all I could do was get out the way. I slipped against the mud beneath me it coated my front, dirtying my clothes and skin. The crowd around me laughed, mocking me. Almost please that I'm going to get what's coming to me. I'm a white wolf and this was what I had to offer? The betas wolf skidded to a stop just meters away, turned towards me and I could have sworn it was grinning. A glint of amusement in its eyes, like he'd caught a rabbit in a trap.

Come on. Fucking work. As he stalked towards me I stood to my feet. I knew why I was hesitating. I'm torn, do I hurt him or not? When you're torn between decisions, it's harder to conjure up your desire. Harder to use your power or pull forward your wolf. As I backed away I needed to think. I don't want to kill him but I don't want him to hurt me. Then the pressure started to build as my nerves wore off, and my body started to glow, the familiar gold speckles of light caressing my skin.

A ball of electricity mounted in my hands and I could see the wolf look at me with curiosity, but he didn't hesitate to lunge. As I threw my hand out, the bolt zapped his skin, and as his yelp of pain echoed through the forest. I hissed as he flew over my head, his claw catching to my skin and scratching through my flesh. My wound bled but it didn't compare to the smell of burning flesh that was coming from the gaping wound in the Beta's right leg. Gasps sounded the clearing as they each observed the brutal challenge before them.

I wanted to shock him, just keep him at arm's length, not wound him that badly. It made me wince staring at what I'd caused. God, please don't let me kill him. I was warning myself, begging myself even not to hurt him too badly.

This time he growled in anger. Before it was as if he was being playful, but now? Now he really wants to hurt me. He stumbles back to his feet and lunges for me again. I can feel my wolf pushing through but I don't give him control. He won't let the Beta live.

My hands fling out, pushing this invisible barrier between us and the wolf collides into it, his snout hits the wall and a loud crack quickly follows. I think that was his jaw. Maybe his nose. As he falls to the wet, muddy grass, I summon the vines from the earth beneath him, forcing them to tangle and wrap around him so he can't move. He struggles against them their grip only tightening the harder he struggles. He whimpers and growls trying to release himself from the restraints.

You have damaged the Alpha's toy. You'll be lucky if he doesn't kill you for it. As my voice echoed in the Beta's head, he stopped his struggles against the vines and his eyes met mine. He was shocked to hear my voice, but the shimmer of fear didn't go unnoticed by my watchful gaze.

I felt his presence before he even spoke. That dark and sinister aura he carried with him when rage had taken over his thoughts. He gripped my arm so tight I knew it would bruise, and spun me round to face him. "Remove that vine from him. NOW." He'd never screamed in my face like that before. It was mortifying. You heard the whimper of the crowd. Even if his rage wasn't directed at them, it had such an impact that it made them cower and submit anyway. I flinched, raising my hand so the vines would fall away.

Although my back was facing him, I felt the grey wolf lunge towards me, and I didn't expect what happened next. The whites of Slater's eyes turned black and dark smoke swirled around his skin, thunder clapped in the sky as he threw out his hand, and the grey wolf slammed to the floor. There was a crack of the wolf's ribs and a howl left his lips. "SHIFT," the command terrified me and without thinking, I immediately showed my neck to him.

The crowd has dropped to their knees in submission at the aura circling the air. The grey wolf whimpered and immediately shifted, the Alpha's Beta now lay naked in the mud, bruised, broken, and wounded. Slater closed his eyes, inhaling deeply as the smoke around him cleared and his eyes turned back to their usual stone-cold grey. "My office," he hissed out to his Beta as he yanked me away. "YOUR DISMISSED," he yelled to the crowd who were quick to their feet and scurrying off.

He dragged me through the castle, his grip burning into my arm and I whimpered as his nails pierced my skin. When we got to his office he threw me to the floor my body crashed to the hard wood. "Sit down," he growled, his body tight with anger. I was quick to obey. Pulling myself from the floor and sat down in one of the chairs. I didn't meet his gaze. I could sense he was disappointed in me. It was unusual but I'd rather he was angry than disappointed.

The door clicked open and I felt his beta take the seat next to me. I tensed up at his presence, only a few minutes ago he had tried to kill me. As Slater's stood opposite, only the desk between us, the atmosphere became so tense it was suffocating. He slammed his fists into the desk and I flinched as he did, the stone cracking underneath his force.

"How could you be so stupid," he hissed, and I wasn't sure who he was talking to until his eyes met mine. Me? ME? Is he for real?

"How could I be so stupid?" I should have regretted raising my voice to him. Even in his best moods, he couldn't stand it when I backchatted him. He moved around the table and gripped my throat in his hand.

"Yes, you" He growled as he pulled my face inches from his. Our noses almost touched and his grip was firm and tight, enough to make me struggle to breathe. I wasn't trying to get out of his grip, I was trying not to get aroused. I couldn't help that I liked it rough.

His eyes then flickered to the gaping wound on my arm and it returned. The whites of his eyes went black and the dark smoke surrounded his body. "You injured my mate," he spat the words harshly towards his Beta. He loosens his grip on my throat and I dropped back to my seat, gasping for air.

My eyes shot toward his Beta, his eyes were wide and fearful, he knew how badly he'd fucked up. He immediately dropped to his knees and bore his neck to his Alpha. "I didn't know Alpha. I didn't know," he begs, repeating the words under his breath but Slater's rage alludes to only one outcome. As he steps forward his Beta whimpers. "Please, Slater I'm your best friend, I'd never hurt your mate," he begs and it's as if something clicked in Slater.

Slater backs away from the Beta's curled-up position and walks to the other side of the room. His Beta doesn't dare move and neither do I. "If I'd known he was your mate I promise I would have never have challenged him."

"SHUT UP," Slater bellowed, quickly shutting his Beta up. He started to pace on the other side of the room and I couldn't take it anymore.

"How the fuck was I supposed to know he was your Beta?" I spat out and his eyes shot towards me. Maybe I should have stayed quiet.

"Don't even try that tone with me," he growled out as he stalked towards me.

"Or what?" I spat back, keeping my eyes locked with his. He stepped forward, bending down, gripping my jaw, and pulling my face towards his. I expected him to knock my teeth out, instead, he moved his head, closing the gap between us, and pressed his lips to mine.

As his lips moved against mine, he moved his hand down to my throat gripping it in his palm, just enough so I couldn't breathe. I could just about manage a moan into his mouth, as his soft lips roughly pressed against mine with urgency. He bit my bottom lip and pulled away, his hand still firm against my throat as he peered down at me. Lust, fear, and maybe even... love.

"I don't know if I want to fuck you or kill you right now," he whispered against my lips, letting go of my throat just enough that I could gasp for air.

"He really is your mate," the whisper had come from the other side of the room, pulling us from our gaze as my eyes snapped to the Beta. He stood wide-eyed, gaping at us, disbelief was written across his face. Slater dropped his hand from my throat, letting me sit back in the seat as he glared at the brunette across the room.

"You, I just want to kill," he hissed at his Beta who flinched under his Alpha's scowl. "Get out," he snarled. The order was firm and you could tell it hurt his Beta, but he stood from his position on the floor, clutching his ribs as he hobbled out the door. "You too, get out," he muttered and I wanted to argue, tell him he had questions to answer, but it didn't feel right. He was too riled up to argue. Even if I didn't feel I was in the wrong, for now, I was letting him win. It could wait for another day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153 5 8
**This book is not for ages under 18** Have you ever been so addicted to someone, that you don't know how you ever lived your life without them? Whe...
469K 7.5K 30
He leaned down very slowly and my eyes fell to his lips before snapping back up. He gently pressed his lips against mine, moving slowly at first befo...
268K 10.7K 21
°°°°° "I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his...
337K 3.6K 24
This story is really HOT. Like really really really HOT. It's essentially about a college student learning about her hidden desire to submit to a man...