Taking Her Man

By urbantai

17-year-old Ivory Wilson, a high school senior, is tempted to go after her best friend's boyfriend. Will she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
New Book
The Real Chapter 16
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Help
Chapter 21
Epilogue
Starting
Please Read!
Taking Her Man 2
A comeback
Instagram
Who Hurt You
New Story Idea
New Story
Gamers

Chapter 5

44K 2.3K 1.9K
By urbantai

Chapter 5: Unexpected

Ivory anxiously sat in her fifth period class. She was ready to get out of her Women Studies class and make her way to lunch.

She met a boy named Clifton, and he was really cool to talk to. The main reason she really liked  him is because he's gay. They could talk about boys all day. She also told her about Yusuf and the things who do for her, but he has a girlfriend.

Too bad she left out the part about him being her best friend's man. Clifton knows Bianca, but he doesn't like the way she presents herself.

She's loud, disrespectful, and extremely ungrateful.

Bianca asked for a pen in class, Clifton lended her a mechanical pencil, and she smacked her lips, rudely declined his kind offer.

The bell finally rung and Ivory grabbed her binder. As she made her way out of the classroom she walked towards her favorite teacher's classroom.

Everyone had that favorite teacher they'll chill with at lunch. Ivory's is Mrs. Morris.

Clifton has been meeting her in the same spot before lunch this whole week and it's Thursday.

Bianca hasn't been in school since Tuesday, but Bianca told Ivory not to worry and that she'll talk to her Friday.

"Ivory, right?" A voice said startling her.

She turned around to see a girl. She recognized her from some of her classes, but they never spoke.

"Yeah ..I'm Ivo-

"I heard you been talking to my man, Riley. Am I correct?" She said cutting her off.

Ivory couldn't help but to chuckle in the girl's face. "Your man been talking to me." She corrected.

The girl, Kayla, shook her head in denial.

She's been chilling with Bianca for a while and Bianca spilled to her that Ivory and Riley been talking here and there.

Bianca didn't know that Kayla was messing with him -or maybe she did. She just run her mouth way too much and Riley and Ivory became the topic of their conversation.

Kayla wasn't going to fight Ivory over a boy, but she just wanted clarification. "Can you just show me that y'all haven't been talking?" She asked.

Ivory scrunched her face up. She couldn't believe how pathetic this girl was acting over his chicken nugget having ass.

He didn't have much to offer after she seen his penis, so she felt no need to lead him onto something that was never going to happen between them.

"Bitch, you had me waiting in her classroom all day. I'm hungry as hell." Clifton nagged as he walked up to Ivory, completely ignoring Kayla's presence.

"Look, Kayla. I'm not going to show you anything. Talk to your man and let him show you." She said as she dismissed her by walking away.

"That hoe is crazy." Clifton said as they walked to the elevator.

They weren't supposed to get on it since it was for special ed and staff, but they got on it anyway.

They were on the third floor and they didn't feel like walking down four flights of stairs and waiting in line for their food.

Ivory nodded her head. "Isn't she? She's nuts." She said as she pressed the button to go down.

Ivory's phone vibrated and she seen it was a message on messenger.

Her heart started to race as she seen it was Yusuf Smith that messaged her.

Yusuf Smith
Have you heard from B? She ain't been texting me back all day.

Ivory Wilson
No.

Ivory closed out of the app and rolled her eyes as she stuffed her phone in her pocket.

Yusuf was really starting to get to her and she could never stop thinking about him. Everything was so wrong and she felt like the worst best friend ever, but she couldn't help herself.

Is she wrong? You only live once right? Everyone doesn't stay together forever. Every relationship doesn't work out.

"Alright, call me hoe." Clifton said as they parted ways out of the building.

"Bye baby!" Ivory yelled out to him laughing.

She loved the feeling of having a genuine friendship with Clifton. He was so real and blunt. She loved that about him and most of all, he's not judgmental.

Ivory made her way to the bus stop. As she walked through the windy, cool air, she pulled up the top of her hoodie to cover her freezing nose.

The more she walked, the more she noticed a tall, light skin figure leaning against a familiar truck.

She couldn't see that well. Her eyesight was honestly trash and everyone told her that. Squinting her almond eyes, she noticed it was Yusuf. He was looking dead at her as she walked closer to him.

"You been looking at me this whole time and didn't say shit? You blind or some?" Yusuf asked as he stuffed his hands into his olive green bomber jacket.

Ivory rolled her eyes. "I left my glasses at home, I couldn't see you." She said.

Yusuf chuckled. "My bad, why you walking by yourself? Where Bianca?" He asked.

Bianca was so inconsiderate to him. She always made her Ivory walk alone. He always offered to take her home too, but Bianca always said "she'd be okay." That wasn't cool to him because he wouldn't want no one leaving him behind like that.

Ivory shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. She wasn't here today." She said.

Yusuf shook his head. He was going to drop by her place later on after he handled his business.

"Let me give you a ride. You shouldn't be out here by yourself shorty." He offered.

Ivory nodded her head. She wasn't going to pass up no free ride home, especially from Yusuf himself. "Okay." She said.

Yusuf opened up the passenger's side door and Ivory climbed into his car.

She loved the smell of his car. It was a lavender scent mixed with a little weed smell. That's how he always smelled and it kind of turned her on.

As they made their way down the street, Ivory was still shaking from the cold, even though the heat was on.

Yusuf stopped at a red light and took off his jacket that only left him in a black hoodie. "Here, put this on." He said as he wrapped the jacket around her before she could protest.

Ivory held onto it tightly as she felt her shaking starting to calm down. "You hungry?" Yusuf asked.

Ivory shook her head. "My mom's making dinner. Thanks for asking though." She said.

He nodded. "So what are you mixed with?" He asked curiously.

Ivory giggled. "I'm black, but my nationality is Dominican." She said.

Yusuf nodded and licked his plump lips. "That's cool." He said ending the conversation by turning up his music.

Love by Kendrick Lamar started to fill the car.

Finally pulling up to her house, ivory unbuckled her seatbelt. "Thanks for the ride home." She said.

"Welcome, be safe." He said.

Completely forgetting that she was wearing his jacket, she climbed out of his car and made her way into her house.

As soon as she unlocked the door, he pulled off.

Walking into the house, she closed and locked the door. Her little sister was sitting on the couch.

She stayed home from school today since she didn't go on a field trip they had. "Bianca's upstairs in your room." She said.

"What?" She Ivory asked.

"Bianca. She's in your room. I let her in twenty minutes ago." She said.

Ivory kicked her shoes off by the door and made her way upstairs.

Smelling a familiar smell of lavender, she remembered she still had on Yusuf's jacket.

She quickly took it off and threw it into the closet. She fixed herself up and pushed her bedroom door open.

"Ivory!" Bianca exclaimed. "I've been waiting for you all day." She said as she remained in her bed.

"What's going on? Why haven't you been in school?" Ivory asked.

Bianca sighed. "I-I need to tell you something. You need to promise you won't say anything." She said.

Ivory nodded. "Okay, I promise. What is it B?" She asked.

She took a deep breath. "Well -I'm pregnant." She said. "But I don't know who the father is, so I made an appointment to get an abortion tomorrow." She said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 62 31
Starting with a notebook, it would bring you to a lot of complicated story. She's a senior and have promised herself not to date a junior but with h...
Glo By Yonna<3

General Fiction

477K 17.9K 30
Meet 17 year old Malia Everly . She knew nothing but the hood and struggling everyday . Malia had a talent nobody ever knew she had . All her friends...
29.5K 573 17
High School Love follows 4 teenage friends as they go through the trials and tribulations of love. But when lies, jealousy, and betrayal happen how m...
624K 20.7K 84
****WARNING; THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE SCENES***** "Do you ever think of me when you lie? Lie down in your bed, your bed of lies And I knew better t...