Speak (Camren)

By camrenjelly

Camila was just a teenage girl with autism, that's all she was ever defined as. Until she met Lauren, the psy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 (Last Chapter)
Speak to Me

Chapter 7

20.3K 626 510
By camrenjelly

"Shawn," Camila questions as her younger sister reaches for her hand carefully and drags her to where the large circle is. Lauren figures that it would be best to leave, so before Camila can get too far away Lauren pulls her in for a hug.

"Bye, Camz. We'll talk soon," Lauren says kissing her cheek before leaving the house. Shawn? Who was Shawn? Everyone seemed so excited he was there, and Sofi didn't even say hi to her. Camila didn't even acknowledge Lauren leaving. Lauren has never seen Camila smile the way she did when she heard his name and that worried Lauren a lot. Lauren decided she needed to get this off her mind, so she calls the one person who she knows can help her do that.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lucy, it's Lauren."

"Ah, Lauren. I'm guessing you called me for the same reason that you always call me for?"

"Mine or yours?"

"My parents are gone for the weekend, so you can come over here."

"Okay, I'll be there in a little bit."

"Don't be long, babe."

Lauren hangs up after that, she puts her phone on silent. She doesn't want anyone finding out about this, she doesn't need anyone calling her during it either. That would just cause much trouble. Lauren drives to the house that she's been to too many times, she'd know the way even blindfold. She pulls into the drive way and walk in the house, not even ringing the doorbell.

"Laur," Lucy states, walking up to her and bringing her in for a hug.

"Hey, Luce," Lauren says as they pull back from the hug.

"So what brings you here today, babe," Lucy ask as they sit on the couch.

"I think you know what."

"Yes, of course I do," Lucy says standing up, walking towards her bedroom. Lauren follows and closes the door behind her once they get there.

"I'm not hooking up with you, Lucy," Lauren states, knowing what has happened before.

"I figured, Laur you only come over here when you need to forget something or someone. I get that, plus that was just one time," Lucy says as she digs in her drawer. She passes Lauren a cigarette and sits down on the bed next to her after getting one for herself.

"But that's the problem. I don't even know if there's something that I want to forget," Lauren says honestly.

"Well let's talk about it then," Lucy says.

"There's this girl and we've been talking for a while, just started dating today though. She's amazing and beautiful and everything you could ever want in a girl, Luce. She just makes me so happy, but today we were on a date and she has to go home early. When we get to her house everyone's so excited because someone named Shawn is there. Camila even ignored me after she heard, so I just left. I don't know, Lucy, am I just overreacting," Lauren ask, running a hand through her hair in frustration. She takes a long puff and lets out all the stress that was building inside of her.

"What took you so long to ask her out? I know you, you jump the gun on this type of stuff. You rush things, but if what you said is true you took it slow with her. Why?"

"She's different, Luce. She makes me feel some type of way that I've never felt before and I wanted to make sure that I mean just as much to her. She doesn't really get feelings that well, so I didn't know if she felt the same. But she does and I know it now, it's so incredible. The whole thirty minutes we were girlfriends before everything went south was incredible," Lauren gushes, not being able to contain her smile.

"Well, Lo sounds like she's real special to you and I'm sure you're just as special to her. Don't downplay all of this, I know you. You're gonna think the worse, but you shouldn't, okay? Since her whole family was excited, maybe he's a relative or an old friend. You never know, don't just assume," Lucy says rubbing up and down Lauren's arm in a comforting way. Lauren nods her head.

They stay like that for about an hour, in silence, just enjoying each other being there. Lauren thinks about what Lucy says, and she knows that she's right. Lauren had no right to get jealous and even though Camila didn't know what Lauren did, she feels guilty.

"Double date soon," Lucy ask, breaking their silence.

"Double date," Lauren ask confused.

"Ya know, you and Camila and me and Vero," Lucy says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"That sounds really good to me," Lauren tells Lucy, they go back to their silence for a few minutes before Lauren realizes that she forgot to tell Lucy and a small detail.

"Camila's autistic. And I know you and Vero love my brother, but they're completely different. I just wanted to let you know now, so you weren't wondering when we went on the date," Lauren explains.

"Lauren, I've known you for how long now? I don't care who you're dating as long as you're happy and I'm sure Vero and I will adore her," Lucy tells her friend kindly.

"Since first grade, it's just you're used to my brother, but it's not the same at all. What if you don't like her," Lauren says insecurely.

"Laur, we're going to be just fine, okay? You talk to Camila and we'll set up a date. Is she the one you brought to your softball practice that one day though? Alexa said you brought a girl," Lucy ask.

"Yeah that was her," Lauren answers smiling.

"What are you even still doing here? Go get your girl," Lucy says, pushing Lauren off the bed. Lauren falls to the floor, glaring up at the other girl.

"You'll pay for that, Vives," Lauren says with a smirk before leaving the room and soon the house. She goes a different route to Camila's house, wanting to know which one was faster in case Camila ever needed her urgently. She pulls up to the house and goes up and rings the doorbell.

"Lolo," the younger version of Camila says as she opens the door. Lauren squats down, giving the girl a hug.

"Hey, Sofi. Where's Camz," Lauren ask, the little girl still hasn't let go of her.

"She's outside with Shawn. Have you met Shawn yet? I love Shawn. You should go meet Shawn, but first come sign my cast," Sofi rambles dragging Lauren into the living room to get a Sharpie. After Lauren has signed Sofi's cast and said hi to Camila's parents she walks out to the back where Shawn and Camila are. She sees them in the swing, their backs facing her.

"S-she's everything to me, Shawn. I didn't think I'd ever be able to feel this way, I mean I've read about it and everything. I just didn't think I could ever find s-someone, s-since I'm me. But I found her Shawn and it's the best thing to ever happen to me. She's even better than giraffes, she's a better cuddler than Jojo," Lauren eavesdrops.

"Wait, so like you actually touch her? I don't think I could ever do that, Camila. I hate skin on skin contact, it makes me feel so uncomfortable," Lauren hears the boy say.

"Me too, but not with her. Her s-skin is what your bed is to me," Camila tries to explain.

"I love my bed, Camila," Shawn says.

"Yeah, I'm thinking I'm getting there," Camila says making Lauren smiles. That's when Lauren decides to make herself known.

"Hey, Camzi," Lauren says as she walks to them.

"Lolo," Camila says excitedly, standing up from the swing to give her a hug. Lauren sighs intot he hug, missing the feeling of this even if it's only been a few hours. As they pull away Camila gives her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Are you gonna introduce me, babe," Lauren ask once the kiss is over.

"Oh yeah! Shawn, this is my Lolo, the one I was telling you about. Lo, this is Shawn he's my best friend," Camila says smiling.

"Hi, Shawn," Lauren says to him with a smile.

"Hello, Camila's Lolo," Shawn says giving her a smile right back.

"You can just call me Lauren, Shawn," Lauren says chuckling.

"Yeah, Shawn. Only I can call her Lolo," Camila says protectively giving her a side hug. Lauren chuckles at her girlfriend's cuteness.

"Guys, it's dinner time, Lauren are you staying," Sinu ask from the backdoor.

"If it's okay with you, ma'am," Lauren says as they walk up to her.

"Oh quit that whole ma'am thing," Sinu teases before going in the house.

"So your Lolo, huh," Lauren whispers in Camila's ear.

"Yes, my Lolo. You're mine and I call you Lolo, no one else does. S-so my Lolo," Camila informs as if it's the simplest thing in the world.

"Let's go in, I wanna learn more about Shawn," Lauren says, guiding her girlfriend into the house and to the dinner table.

"So Shawn how'd you and Camila meet," Lauren ask once they were all settled and eating.

"Oh we went to the same school. It was for kids like us with learning disabilities," Shawn explains.

"So are you autistic or? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, just curious," Lauren says explaining herself.

"Yes, I'm on the spectrum," Shawn says. We talk like this for a little bit longer until it's time for me to go. I kiss my girlfriend goodbye and say goodbye to everyone else before leaving.

Well today ended better than expected..

Hope y'all didn't think I was gonna make Shawn a bad guy (or Lauren for that matter.) Also over 1k??? you guys are insane! I hope you liked this chapter, feedback is always welcomed :))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 3.6K 27
Camila is starting a new school for senior year. She switched from her public school, to a small private school in the same city. She sees a girl wit...
656K 11.7K 31
Camila met Lauren in the cafeteria the first day of high school. At first glance, there was already a certain attraction between them, but they had n...
1.8M 43.2K 75
Lauren and Camila have been friends for years, what happens when Lauren can't handle seeing Camila with her girlfriend any longer. To what extremes w...
2.2M 41.5K 30
Camren FanFic. Lauren G!P.