The Devil Dancer

By minxyara

REMINDER: PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE BEFORE YOU START READING My name is Lalisa and I have a confession to mak... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
intermission
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty: Final

Chapter Four

8.1K 463 69
By minxyara

The next morning, I was tying my shoelaces when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in.", I said without looking up.

"Hey, so, we're going to have breakfast later at 8 am wanna- Wait, where are you going?'

I got up from my crouching position to find Jennie unnie's head peeking from my door, "Jogging?"

She gave me an incredulous look, "At 7 am in the morning?"

Making sure my white tank top is securely tucked into my running shorts, I asked her, "Yeah, why?"

She just blinked for a while before shaking her head, "Nothing. Anyways, we're having breakfast at 8 at a café nearby. We just wanna know if you would like to join us?"

I returned her smile and nodded, "Sure, I'll see if I could make it back before 8."

"Alright, if there's anything just call any of us.", with that she went back to her room.

Last night, they asked me for my phone number so that they can add me into their group chat in LINE. So basically now I've got 3 more phone numbers inside my phone.

I don't know why, but somehow it made me feel giddy for no reason. You could say that perhaps its because this is my first time having my own cell phone.

Grabbing my phone, I unlocked it before scrolling through my contact list to find Bambam's number and sending him a message about me not being able to have breakfast with him today.

After that, I contemplated contacting Mr Kim to tell him that I've already settled in safely but then decided against it.

I don't know why, but ever since I knew Mr Kim, I've been having these illusions of me with my own father. And as much as I am thankful to him for everything, I really don't want to get way too attached to him. He probably just saw me as some charity case anyways.

Sighing, I pocketed my phone before getting out of my apartment.

***

I inhaled the fresh air outside before starting to jog slowly.

I found this jogging trail near our campus a few weeks before I started enrolling there.

Mr Kim's secretary was asked to drive me around Seoul that day, and I was so excited that when he was buying us ice-creams at a parlor beside the park , I got out of the car and ran around for a few minutes before discovering the trail.

I immediately decided that I'm going to use it when I'm at the academy.

To say that I got scolded by Mr Kim after that was an understatement.

The man basically grounded me inside his house for a week and trust me it was the most extreme form of torture I've ever faced. Considering we're the only ones living there along with my mother, although he does have a son who I've never met but I'm too shy to ask him about it. One thing for sure, he loves his son as much as my mother loves me.

I think I've heard him on the phone with his son a few times or so.

Maintaining my even pace, I noticed another person jogging in front of me.

Squinting my eyes, I looked at his broad back in the black hoodie and immediately knew that its a guy.

Well, seems like my secret jogging trail is not a secret after all.

Squaring back my shoulders, I suddenly feel like going faster and so I kicked my legs into full gear mode, passing by the stranger before slowing down for a bit.

I jogged like that until I reached the middle of the trail.

Looking around, I noticed a rather snug looking bench in front and decided to stop for a while when I felt a strong wind whooshes past me.

Or a guy, to be exact.

I was about to shrug it off but then they guy suddenly slows down, as if expecting me to surpass him anytime soon.

I narrowed my eyes at his back.

If this guy is challenging me, then he's really digging his own grave. I mean, if there's something that taught me from living on the streets, its definitely running for my life.

Literally.

But well, what can I say, I'm not someone who would turn down challenges, especially ones like this. Smirking to myself, I stretched my long legs for a bit before going for a headstart.

As I passed by the guy, I saw him began running too in my peripheral vision and immediately focused back on the trail in front of me.

A few little kids who were playing by the park noticed us running and one of them said loudly, "Look, that unnie is running faster than the hyung!"

"Yeah, you're right!", another one said in an amazed tone.

I smiled smugly, tell him that kids.

I made a mental note to treat the kids to some ice-cream later.

My happiness however, vanished as soon as it came as the guy sprinted past me and stayed a good few miles away from me.

Jerk, he probably thinks he's gonna win now.

With a determined look, I quickened my pace and tried to run in long gaits.

I mean, if we're in a different scenario it would probably work, but since the guy's legs are longer than me, its really no use.

I groaned mentally at the times when I questioned my mother as to why my legs are too long compared to the other girls.

Realizing that we're nearing the end of the trail, I couldn't even bother to look at the guy as he went pass it and stopped to catch his breath.

Catching up to him, I slowed my pace while panting.

"Don't be too smug. You only won because I was not ready."

The guy then slowly turned to me, "Who says its a competition?"

Holy. Fuck.

He scanned my face for a moment, his face devoid of any emotion before reaching back and tossing me his water bottle.

I caught it all the while still staring at him.

With a last long look, he turned back and started to pace away, leaving me frozen in place.

I just ran with Jeon Jungkook.

And I lost.

Fuck.

Although I must admit that I did took a peek as he jogged away, I mean, you can't really blame me, the guy is as hot as a sin.

Groaning mentally, I fished out my phone to check the time only to realize that its already quarter past 8.

Double fuck.

***

My phone was ringing non stop while I was busy looking for my schedule. I got so annoyed to the point that I screamed at it to shut the hell up and then spent a good time feeling stupid about it afterwards.

I'm late for my class.

By the time I reached back to my apartment, it was already almost a quarter before 9, after all, the park is not that close to our dormitories.

I did considered going to the class like this, but then decided against it because come on, its my first day of classes and I've got to make some good impressions if I want to survive.

But judging by the time now, which is already 9.05 am, I don't really think I'm gonna be making any impressions at all.

Stupid Jungkook and his hot piece of ass.

After securing the file in my arms, I went out of the apartment and sprinted as fast as I could towards the academic block.

I spent a good 5 minutes figuring out where my class is being held before giving up to ask one of the gardeners.

Arriving in front of the big door, I crouched down to catch my breath first before standing up quickly and making sure that my clothes are in place.

Mustering a big smile, I opened the door slightly to find everyone already looking at me.

Great.

I dropped my fake good student act and entered the room, my head bowed down all the while I climbed the set of stairs until I reach the top row of seats.

I look up to find them all still looking at me, even the lecturer this time, and even with much more interest than before.

What the hell, look away people, there's nothing to see here.

I fought really hard from saying that out loud.

Instead, I just furrowed my eyebrows at them and narrowed my eyes.

As if finally getting the clue, they immediately turned their heads back to the lecturer who then seemed to finally remember about his job.

Wow, didn't expect that to work. Huh.

Shrugging my shoulders, I took a seat at the end of the row and dropped my bag beside my leg.

Taking out my books, I put it on my table before leaning back into my seat to get cosy and let out a huff.

Man, I'm so tired and sleepy as hell. I swear that's the last time I'm going jogging before classes.

Shaking my head, I lifted my head to the lecturer, my eyes scanning the room slowly before stopping on three pair of eyes on my right.

I swear I almost jumped out of my seat right then right there.

Because a few seats beside me, all three of the elites sat with their legs crossed.

And their eyes were focusing on me.

God, no wonder this seat feels so comfortable.

***

Author's Note: Surprise surprise! Triple updates in a day! What has the world came to?!

Anyways, look at the picture above and read again the part where she finally noticed them on her seat and tell me you laughed because if not I'm gonna have to resort to some other extreme measures.

Also I would like to give a big shoutout to ARMYBLINKIGOT7SHAWOL and also AeriSphnx for their endless upvotes and also for spending their time to read my story, I can't thank you guys enough 😭

Don't forget to comment and vote! 💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 466 30
Lisa is a bunch of insecurities that she's not aware of, she just think she's stupid. It was pretty easy for her to know the rest of her classmates...
463K 9.1K 14
When Elena and Bonnie open the most secret coffin that belonged to Klaus they didn't expect to see another Petrova. The Other Petrova that was never...
1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
490K 18.9K 35
Azalea Robins never liked talking to people all that much. Then again, the only people she ever met were her parents "friends." Azalea's parents owne...