Nightmares

By xoboozey

Jack Barakat is 17 years old. He's been in a mental hospital for almost a year now, for trying to take his ow... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15 {Last Chapter }

7

98 7 2
By xoboozey

I cried out as Jaime punched me. I begged for the pain to stop.

"A-Alex." I choked out.

"Crying for your little boyfriend huh Jacky." Jaime said between punches.

I doubled over I pain as I cursed under my breath.

"Nothing to say to that huh Jack." 

"Please Alex help!" I screamed.

But it was no use because Jaime covered my mouth when I screamed as tears streamed down my cheeks.
Before I could fight back Jaime slammed me into the wall and everything went black.

~~~

I didn't know how long I had been unconscious.When I woke up someone was holding my hand tightly as they were asleep in a chair by my side. I quickly noticed it was Alex by my side.
I looked around at the small white room I was in. I winced as I tried to sit up a little. Alex quickly woke up with a gasp.

"Your awake." He smiled.

"What happened Alex?" I asked.

"You don't remember?"

"Um no." I said.

"Jaime... He beat you up. But its okay now he got in a lot of trouble so your safe now."

"Oh." I sighed.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to make sure he wouldn't hurt you. I promised you so long ago that no one would ever hurt you. I let you get hurt again... Ugh I'm such a fuck up" He muttered.

"Lex its okay."

"Its not Jack. It'll never be okay. I never should have left you. I'm sorry."

"How long was I out?" I asked.
"A few hours it's like 2:00 am now."

"Oh okay."

"Where exactly are we?" I asked carefully.

"The North Wing of the hospital."

"Oh okay. "

"No problem. I should probably go back to our room."

"Yeah ..." I wanted him to stay so badly but it isn't allowed. He gave my hand a small squeeze and the he let go.I watched him leave my room.

I finally had time to think about all of this. I was hurt that he left me so long ago , but I also feel bad about no answering his calls or letters.  That's when I remembered his file. I pulled out the piece of paper from my hoodie pocket.

Alexander William Gaskarth.

Age. 17

Reason admitted.
He attacked his neglectful mother.
Self harmed.
Anxiety.
Two former suicide attempts.

Note from mother:
He's a harm to himself and myself I don't want him near me anymore.

Blood test determined he was being poisoned. Alex claims his mother had been poisoning him and his brother that had committed suicide. He also claims his mother had been selling the medication she got for the boys after she would take them to the doctor.

By the time I was finished reading I was in tears . I had no idea this was happening. I did know about the self harm and anxiety but I had no idea what his mom was doing. Now that I think about it I don't really remember him talking about his mom much. I tucked the paper back in my pocket as I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep.

~Nightmare~

 "You're such a fuck up." My step father hissed as he punched and kicked me. I sunk to the floor is tears. But I was soon grabbed by the waist my my step father. He peeled my bloody shirt and pants off. Tears streamed down my face as he stripped off his own clothes off as well. I shook my head frantically streaming for him to stop. This wasn't the first time he had done this so I knew he'd beat me if I tried to fight him. A sharp pain ran up my spine as he slammed into me. I sobbed silently it felt like he used me for hours and hours. After he finished I was tossed to the ground.

~The next day~ 

Alex met me outside in front of  the school.

"Hey Lex." I said.

" You're limping , and your face is bruised." He said sadly.

He knew what had been happening for a few weeks now.

"You have to tell someone." 

"I can't you know I can't. Just drop it ." I huffed.

He gave me a sad look as I opened one of the double doors of the school.    

~Nightmare~

I woke up as soon as nurse Lindsey was walking in to check on me.

"Good morning Jack. How you feeling?" she questioned.

"Not that great." I admitted.

"I'm sorry hun."

"It's okay. What happened?" I questioned.

"You don't remember?"

"I remember walking out of the cafeteria but that's all I can really remember."

"Well as you know Jaime assaulted you. You have a few broken ribs a concussion and a lot of bruising. You were lucky that a nurse found you."
"W-what about Jaime... Where is he?" I asked.

"He's in the South Wing. Where he will stay for now on. Because we don't want you to be in danger anymore."

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem hun, just doing my job. Here's some bandages you'll need to keep them on at all times for the next few weeks." she said and handed me some bandages.

"When will I get to be moved back to my room?" I questioned.

"A week or so depending on how bad your pain is in the next few days."

"Oh okay."

"I'll have Jenna bring you some breakfast and your medication."

"Thanks."

and with that nurse Lindsey left the small white hospital room.

I sighed in pain as I wrapped bandages around my black and blue ribs. They looked horrible I was just happy I didn't remember what happened. Alex opened the door to my hospital room a few minutes later.

"Hey Jack."

"Hey Alex." I mumbled.

"You okay?" he questioned.

"I guess my ribs hurt really really bad."

"Aw I'm sorry. Do I need to kiss then better." he laughed.

I rolled my eyes as a small blush came to my cheeks. He sat in the chair by my bed.

"I'm surprised they let you back here." I mumbled.

"I told them I needed you to help me with our song for therapy." He stated with a shrug of his shoulders. He handed me his teal notebook. I opened it and read the lyrics out loud.

"A Daydream Away"

I wish you could see your face right now
'Cause you're grinning like a fool
And we're sitting on your kitchen floor
On a Tuesday afternoon
It doesn't matter when we get back
To doing what we do
'Cause right now could last forever
Just as long as I'm with you

Alex sang along quietly while I read. 

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

We would go out on the weekend
To escape our busy lives
And we'd laugh at all the douche-bag guys
Chasing down their desperate wives
I would drink a little too much
You'd offer me a ride
And I would offer you a t-shirt
And you would stay another night

But you're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

We never stood a chance out there
Shooting love in real-time
So we'll take it over ice tonight
With a little salt
And a little lime

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you

"I'm sorry I left." Alex muttered.

"I'm sorry I never answered your calls or letters." I said 

He took my hand and lightly squeezed my fingers. I smiled a little because I finally had my Lex back and I never wanted him to leave again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

753 54 12
Alex is a fifteen year old boy who had the worst luck in life. He'd witnessed his parents deaths, he was bounced from foster home to foster home, but...
69.5K 2.7K 16
Alex Gaskarths life is boring and repetitive until one night he comes across a young man walking into the forest alone and distraught. Jack Barakat w...
16.1K 272 7
Truth or dare one of those fucking teenage games again! For Alex is was the game that erupted unwanted feelings for his best friend Jack, for Jack it...
3.3K 204 21
(Jalex) (boyxboy) Alex and Jack live in a small, tight-knit, homophobic town, and their secrets will be kept hidden until they're old enough to move...