Half Loved (On Hold)

Autorstwa Onionluvsgarlic

What do you do and where do you go when all of a sudden, you turn into a guy? Yup. A guy. That's exactly wha... Więcej

Half Loved ~ Author's Note
Half Loved ~ Chap 1: A Single Room
Half Loved ~ Chap 2: First Night
Half Loved ~ Chap 3: Back ride
Half Loved ~ Chap 4: Cowboy
Half Loved ~ Chap 5: That Girl
Half Loved ~ Chap 7: Root Beer Reunion
Half Loved ~ Chap 8: I'm Toast
Half Loved ~ Chap 9: So much for Incognito
Half Loved ~ Chap 10: Solutions
Half Loved ~ Chap 11: F.W.O.S.
Half Loved ~ Chap 12: I Kissed a Girl
Half Loved ~ Chap 13: Just a Kiss
Half Loved ~ Chap 14: The Boys are Back
Half Loved ~ Chap 15: The Aftermath
Half Loved ~ Chap 16: Project Cam
Half Loved ~ Chap 17: The Call
Half Loved ~ Chap 18: The Reunion
Half Loved ~ Chap 19: Juggling Phases
Half Loved ~ Chap 20: Truth or Dare, Kiss or Tell
Half Loved ~ Chap 21: A Letter
Half Loved ~ Chap 22: Between You and Me
Half Loved ~ Chap 23: All is Fair
Half Loved ~ Chap 24: It's Not Funny
Half Loved ~ IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Half Loved ~ Chap 25: Pretend to be Mine
Half Loved ~ Chap 26: Turbulent Tides
Half Loved ~ Chap 27: Take a Chance in Me
Half Loved ~ Chap 28: Brittle

Half Loved ~ Chap 6: Another Contact

2.2K 57 12
Autorstwa Onionluvsgarlic

Hey guys :D Here's another chapter of Halfe Loved ;) 

It's just a filler chappy but I guess it's better than nothing haha :P 

I also uploaded the latest chap to my other story, The Wolf's Bait, so go check it out as well!

So, the pic on the right is of Cam's goatee/beard LOL :)) Read on to find out about his facial hair lol :P I'm so retarded @_@ :))) --------------------------->

Message, comment, like, add to your library, and even Vote! ;)

Thanks guys, till next chapter! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chap 6: Another Contact~

I fumbled with a few books as I held my schedule in my hand. Okay, so apparently, we needed to go to the general assembly with all of the other students on here. I made my way to the quadrangle where the assembly was supposed to be held. Darn. It seems that my books came in this morning instead of yesterday, so I wasn’t able to put them in my locker earlier. My lack of sleep certainly isn’t helping with this heavy load of books.

Ugh. I blame it all on Cam. It’s his entire fault. He’s the reason why I couldn’t sleep last night. While he was snoring and chasing after his bacon, I lied on the floor so I don’t get hugged, or worse–tickled. To add to my lack of sleep, I woke up extra early today so that I don’t get awkward with him after our little chat the other day.

I could still vividly remember the conversation I had with him on lunch...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Do you think I’m cute?” he asked as he closed in the distance between us.

At that moment, I wasn’t sure how to reply. I mean honestly, it caught me off guard. Especially since I’m no genius when it comes to being a guy! Do guys even ask that to each other? What the heck. As if I fave any options... I guess I did the best I can as a girl. I decided to give him my best winner smile and said, “Of course you are. You do look cute.”

He just looked at me disbelievingly, as he rolled his eyes. Oh crap. Maybe guys don’t do that. Well, I knew girls over exaggerate (a.k.a lie) with their compliments but maybe guys said the cold hard truth. I tried to redeem myself and tell him the truth.

“Just kidding! Maybe I can’t really tell cause your unshaved goatee’s making you look like a hobo.” I said with a slight giggle.

“Pshhh.” He muttered under his breath.

Yeah, I did it! So guys did tell the cold hard truth… except, this wasn’t the truth. I actually found his goatee rather, appealing. He’s not lacking on the face department either. His stern and composed eyes looked strangely attractive as it adds to the whole mystery he exudes. He has a pretty rocking body as well. I mean, I should know since I practically saw him in his underwear for quite a while now. And besides, those arms, those arms that held me— wait a minute! This shouldn’t be happening! I shouldn’t be thinking of things like this! Bad Andy, bad, bad, bad!

“Well it’s not my fault I’m not as blessed in genes as you, pretty boy.” He said in sarcasm.

What? He called me pretty boy. Compliment or not, I’m pretty sure that means I looked good. Well, he was right, I did look good. I mean, I would totally do me if I was a girl, but I didn’t know I had the same effect on guys. Huh.

“Maybe you should just put a bag over your head.” I said trying to push my luck.

“Whatever.” He said as he rolled his eyes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I made my way past a few guys who were rushing on their way from the quad. Apparently, with my lack of sleep and books and the heavy books, I bumped with the last guy and stumbled down with my books.

“Hey, watch it!” the guy said as he ran away.

“No, you watch it four eyes!” I retorted much to my surprise. The guy with glassed got stung from my lame insult but for some reason, he just kept running away. I was surprised I lost my control with that creepy glasses-clad kid. As a girl, I would’ve tackled the situation with grace and diplomacy, but now? Oh boy, I lost my temper way too quickly.

I was picking up my books when my phone suddenly rang. I looked and found out that the number wasn’t familiar. Then again, I bet every number is unfamiliar as I deleted every single contact from my old life. Basically the only numbers I had were Cam’s, Rose’s (which I got this morning when I picked up my books), and then nothing else. Whoa. I so lacked the social skills as a guy!

“Hello?” I said as I stumbled with some books. “Who’s this? And how’d you get my number?”

“Ouch.” A familiar voice said. “It hurts my puny heart that you didn’t save my number.”

“Huh?” I said, still unaware of whom this person is.

“You’re not stalking four eyes too. Are you?” the familiar voice asked.

“Liam?” I asked disbelievingly as I looked around for any sign of him.

“Whoa cowboy, gonna stalk me too?” he said as he laughed a musky sort of laugh.

“Shut up. Where are you?”

“So you are stalking me.” He said, pleased with himself.

“I’m pretty sure our roles are reversed Mister.” I said. “I don’t know where you are while you’re watching me. Now that’s just the thing a first class stalker would do.”

“Fine cowboy, what are you know? A detective?” he laughed that musky laugh again.

“Neither, but I’m about to hang up.”

“Fine fine.”

“Where are you? Stalker?” I said as I grinned at my threat. Well it was lame but at least he bought it.

“Just like when I first saw you.”

I then looked up the second floor of the building behind me. Yup, there he was, watching me yet again as I was caught up in another one of my never ending series of embarrassing moments.

“Miss me?” he winked as he headed for the stairs. I just stood there, waiting with the books in my hands as he came to halt in front of me.

“Hey! What was that for?” he asked as he rubbed his arm. Yup, I smacked him with my books.

“You just stood there when you could’ve helped me with my books.”

“Fine.” He said as he reached forward and toppled over my books.

“What was that for?” I asked incredulously.

“What? You told me I didn’t help you, so now I am.” He said as he handed me the books he just picked up from the floor.

“Whatever, your demented you know that?” I said as I headed for the quad.

“Where are you going?”

“To the assembly, duh? Wait, what are you even doing here? Besides stalking me of course.”

“Well, I’ve been a student here for as long as I can remember.” He said as he made overly done gestures of thinking. “And no one goes to the assembly’s. Only freshmen do that, duh.” He said, mimicking my voice.

Ohhhhh... who knew Liam went here as well. Oh well, now I know someone other than Cam and Rose! Hooray for me! So basically that’s three people on my contact list. Gosh I’m such a loser.

“Well, I just transferred so that practically makes me a freshie right?”

“Uhuh.” He said with a raised brow. “C’mon, I’m gonna abduct you.”

“No thanks, I’m not really the type to get in trouble.”

“Really now?” he said as he studied me. Judging from his heavy sigh, I could tell I convinced him. “Ugh, your no fun.” He rolled his eyes. “But something tells me I’m gonna have fun with you.” He winked.

“I doubt that.”

“We’ll see.”

~Cam’s POV~

Huh, who knew Carter was an early riser? Oh well, at least I got the whole bed to myself. I stretched on the silken mattress when I noticed the alarm clock buzzing. What the heck?!? 7:49? I only have eleven minutes t get prepared!

I rushed to the bathroom and took a quick shower, putting on the first thing I saw. I then rushed down the stairs to Rose I think? I can’t remember, it was Carter who always talked to her. After getting my schedule, I rushed towards my first class, Music.

Oh great. The music room was actually located at Julienne Bourbon’s Academy which was about a block from the quad, which was another block from my dorm. Oh gee, great... the wonders of having a sister school. I ran like crazy, avoiding the few people who were late already. After about a few more turns and asking several people along the way, I finally found the music room.

I stood outside the door and found out almost everyone had settled in already. Damn, the teacher’s already passing out booklets. I was about to turn the knob when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

“You following me or something?” A familiar voice asked.

“What—Ashley?” I said as I found myself face to face with beauty incarnate.

“Is there something on my face?” she said, jokingly as she laughed a light cheery laugh.

“Nah, I’m just admiring you.” Damn, I just said that out loud didn’t I?

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes. “Whether you’re stalking me or not, I better get to class. I assume you have Music at 8 too?”

“Yeah, I do.”

“Great.” She said in a mocking tone.

“What? You seem disappointed. I think we’re gonna have a great time, classmate.” I winked as I stepped inside with her.

“Ah, you must be Mr. Deverough and Ms. Pierson. I’m gonna be lenient today since it’s our first meeting, but tomorrow, you wouldn’t be as lucky.”

“Sorry sir.” She said with a winning smile.

“Take the vacant seats. Seeing as everyone else is already partnered, you have no one else but each other. Take a booklet.”

After about thirty minutes of discussing music’s evolution through the ages, I found myself looking over to Ashley’s notes... or was it?

“What’s that?” I whispered over my shoulder.

She quickly looked up and defensively covered whatever it was she was writing down. “Nothing.”

“Ohh, are you plotting a plan to destroy the world?” I teased as I poked her arm.

“No!” she muttered a little too loud, causing us some looks from nearby people. “Why’d you think that?”

“Cause I could see your forehead creasing like what you’re writing is the most important thing in the world.”

“Well, world domination would never cross my mind, but I guess you won’t understand what I’m writing anyway.”

“Really? Try me.” I challenged.

She hesitated at first, but a proud expression covered her face. It’s like she’s confident I wouldn’t understand the notes in her music booklet. I squinted my eyes at the elegant writing, and I could tell that her satisfied grin widened.

What I did next completely caught her off guard. I could literally tell that her mouth dropped down to the desk  when I sand the melody with the words on her verse and pre-chorus.

“You read notes?” she said again, this time, earning a raised eyebrow from our teacher.

“I’m pretty sure that’s what I just did.” I said as I laughed at her startled expression. “You seem in shock.”

“Nothing, it’s just that... I never thought you’d be the guy who actually does music. You seem like—”

“A wasted hobo with a goatee?” I added much to my surprise. i slipped before I even noticed it. Damn that Carter. I don’t really know why I’m so bitter but his comment really bothered me. Just because he looks good with that perfectly smooth skin of his, doesn’t mean he can go around making fun of my goatee. Hey, I liked my goatee.

“Who said anything about a hobo?” she asked with an amused laugh.

“Never mind.” I said, shaking off any thoughts about Carter. Pshh. I’ll find a way to get back at him later.

“Okay.” She said with a mysterious glint of playfulness in her eyes. “I think Mr. Deverough wants to try out the piece.” She said as she smiled at our instructor.

“Oh, very well Mr. Deverough.” He smiled excitedly as he sat on the piano.

“Excuse me?” I asked as I looked back from Mr. Gianni, then back to Ashley.

She laughed an excited giggle and mouthed ‘please?’ with her best puppy dog expression. Damn. Why do I have to be such a sucker for that pretty face? I stood up as I sighed heavily and picked up the piece. I realize that this was an old classic my grandfather used to play in his old radio. “Fly me to the moon” I think? Oh well, if I was gonna sing this, I’d sing it my way.

Some of our classmates laughed but it was only Ashley’s amused face I saw. Damn, I need to impress her big time. I breathed deeply as I remembered the old tune and read the lines. After I’ve familiarized myself with the notes, I belted out the first few lines.

Fly me to the moon

Let me play among the stars

Let me see what spring is like

On a, Jupiter and Mars

In other words, hold my hand

In other words, baby, kiss me

I smiled mockingly at the awestruck expressions of my classmates as I sang the song flawlessly. An approving smile from Mr. Gianni followed afterward along with Ashley’s playful roll of the eyes. When the second part came, that’s when I really let it out.

Fill my heart with song

And let me sing for ever more

You are all I long for

All I worship and adore

In other words, please be true

In other words, I love you

I sang the song in a more upbeat and modern way, earning a few cheers from my classmates and a frantic Mr. Gianni who tried to catch up with my pace. Ashley just laughed and clapped along with the rest of the class. Then, as the last line ended, I went out of my way to hold her gaze. She just rolled her eyes and resumed to writing.

“So how was that?” I said as I plopped down the seat beside her.

“Fair enough.” She said with a neutral smile.

“What do you mean? Are you at a loss for words from my performance?” I winked.

“I dunno, I thought it was a good show. But I think it didn’t have enough heart in it.” She said evenly.

“Heart?” I said incredulously as the bell rang.

After the bell, Mr. Gianni was quick enough to ask me if I wanted to perform on Friday night at the school’s annual “First Week of Survival” party. I couldn’t understand a word he was saying as I was still processing what Ashley said. She stood up and said goodbye to Mr Gianni and headed for the door. Seeing as my nosy in-your-face professor wasn’t gonna take no for an answer, I finally agreed and headed for the door. Damn, Ashley was no longer there.

~Lunch~

I made my way across the Caff (figured out that the people here referred to our cafeteria as the Caff) and passed a few people along the way. I decided not to think about the life draining chemistry class and my horse-faced history teacher. After picking up some burritos and cookies, I walked over to the seat outside where Carter and I ate at on our first night. I decided I wanted to get away from all the noise inside. To my surprise, he was there, along with another blonde head.

“Yo.” I called out and he looked at me with surprised eyes. Why in the world would he be that startled to see me? Sheesh, I told him to skip the caffeine.

“Oh hey.” He said as he faced blondie. “Liam this is Cam, Cam Liam. He’s my roommate.”

“Sup.” He said as he gave me a nod.

“Hey man.” I replied as I settled down on the bench.

“Hey look, it’s that Deverough guy.” Said a pretty girl I recognised from Music class earlier. They approached me and I grinned much to their amusement. “Hey—”

“Cam.” I filled in.

“Cam.” she said as she giggled with the girl she was with. “You did a great job earlier. Looking forward to Friday.” She said as she gave a wink before she left.

“Hey, what about Friday?” I said as I turned to face them.

“Oh, you know, the F.W.O.S. Party.” She said matter-of-factly.

“The First Week of Survival Party.” Said Liam.

“Oh my gosh, it’s Liam.” gasped the other girl.

“Hello ladies.” He said as he smiled warmly.

“Hope I’d see you there.” She said as she smiled provocatively at Liam.

“Yeah.”

“Wait, how did you know about Friday?” I asked incredulously at the ridiculously giggling girl.

“Uhm, didn’t you know? Mr. Gianni was so excited he told everyone what a music prodigy you were.”

“What the heck?”

“Well, see you there!” she said and turned again. “And bring your cute friend too.” She said as she nodded towards Carter.

In an instant, he blushed like a tomato. Sheesh, what was he twelve? Blushing over someone saying he was cute? Pshh, well I wonder why I’m so surprised, I mean, after all, he is a weird guy.

“So you’re gonna play at the F.W.O.S?” Liam asked.

“Apparently.”

“You sing?” Carter finally asked, as if startled by my ability.

“More like play, but yeah, that psycho teacher practically forced me to.”

“He’s just obsessed with music.” Liam said. “One time, when half of the school’s band got chicken pox, he decided to fill in the missing spots and played like crazy. He was the laughing stock of the school and the faculty for several weeks.”

“Seriously? That’s messed up man.” I said as the three of us laughed in chorus.

“Tell me about it.” Carter said as he rolled his eyes. “C’mon let’s hear you sing.” He added excitedly.

“Nope.” I said flatly.

“C’mon!” he said, with that eager look over his eyes. “Just one line.”

“Nope.”

“Awww, you’re no fun. Makes me think if you could really sing at all.” He said as he eyed me curiously. Nope, not gonna fall for that.

“Well, musically gifted or not, I could tell that you and I are gonna be good buddies.” Liam said as he put an arm on my shoulder. “Imagine all the girls you can lure with that singing gig.”

“Seriously Liam?” Snorted Carter in disapproval.

“What? Hey, just being me cowboy.” He said as he messed with Carter’s hair. “You’re not jealous are you?”

“Please, don’t flatter yourself stalker.” He said as he desperately tried to shake Liam away.

“Sure, cowboy, whatever you say.” He teased before finally letting him go.

“Cowboy?” I asked as I raised a brow at Liam.

“Well...” Liam said with a malicious grin.

“NOOO!” Carter said as he slapped his finger on Liam’s lips.

~Andy’s POV~  

Oh no, he won’t tell him about that! I’ll make sure of it! Liam still struggled for a while but my resolve won’t fade that quickly! After about a minute or so, he finally calmed down and I contemplated moving my hand away. Then, a slippery wet thing touched my hand. In an instant, I pulled my hand back as Liam stuck his tongue out at me.

“What the heck?!? You licked me! You just licked me!” I retorted as both of them laughed at my expense.

“That’s what you get for messing with my lips. You can’t touch them unless you use your lips.” He winked as he closed in the distance between us.

“Liam!”

“You’re right, we are gonna be good buddies.”

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

272K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
2.1K 253 23
Avery Turner, a perfectionist with a double life, and Kyran Drake, a charismatic boy with secrets, find their fates intertwined when their secrets th...
330K 13.7K 51
"that's rich coming from a pretty boy" I narrow my eyes. "I'm not a pretty boy." He smirks standing from the desk and reaching forward twirling a p...
2.5K 74 11
The House | An MxM Love Story ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • Three bedrooms, three roommates, one pool. That's what Liam thought h...