Singers Like Sweets {OHSHC}

By lovekitty411

Ryuko Saito, the supposed heir to the Saito family. Their family is known for the music industry. Now i'm not... More

Character Profiles
Ouran
Perverts and Swimming
The Ball
"Accidental" Kisses!
Rain
Together by Blackmail
Separate Crushes
I Wish I'd've Stayed Home
Double Cavities
Big Brother
Sleepover
All Ends at Twelve
Rebel
Suitors
Karuizawa Adventures

Love Songs

654 32 10
By lovekitty411

Eleven o'clock rolls around quickly. Kotetsu left early, saying that he was hanging out with Hikaru and Kaoru today. And with it being Saturday, i'll have to record music. Father is going to leave a file in the studio which has a list of songs that need to be recorded. My parents don't care who sings them, as long as they're on the CD and sound good.

Seeing how it's 10:45, I decide to finally get dressed. Pulling on some jean shorts and a red tank top that had my back exposed, I put on red converse and some makeup before grabbing my wallet and going downstairs.

"You're not leaving the house wearing that, are you?" My mother's voice rings in my ears as I grab the doorknob.

"No mother, i'm just gonna prance around in this outfit all day inside. Yes I'm going out." 

"That is no way to speak to your mother." She huffs, walking off and muttering. "If only Kotetsu had been born first." 

I just roll my eyes and walk out of the house, or rather, my mansion. Huni was already in front and I didn't see Mori. Interesting...

"Where's your bodyguard?" I ask as we begin to walk.

"Takashi? He went to Haru-Chan's place with everyone else. I told him to go." Huni giggles. "You look nice by the way~" 

"Yea sure. I just want cake, and then I have stuff to do." I tell him, turning down on main street. I'll admit, Huni was dressed nicely too. He wore a white t-shirt lined with red, a blue sweatshirt and some dark denim jeans, though he still carried Usa-Chan with him.

"What kind of stuff~?" He asks, grabbing my hand and pulling me into a bakery.

"I have to record music. Edit the songs, put it on a CD, give it to my father who'll probably sell them." I wave it off. "It's what I typically do on Saturdays."

"Can I go with you to record them? I want to hear Ryu-Chan sing again~" Huni gives me this adorable smile, and I falter, quickly covering it with a glare.

"Why should I let you."

"I'm sure you don't want your parents finding out you smoke." Huni gives me a cheeky grin as I scowl. He's a master at blackmailing I swear.

"I'll have a strawberry cheesecake and a red velvet cake please." I tell the baker behind the counter, and Huni giggles in the background.

"Will you be able to eat two whole cakes, Ryu-Chan?"

"Of course, order your own, cake bastard." I tell him, taking the cakes and then going to a table as he orders his own and pays for ours. Huni sits across from me after getting his, which was a three layered strawberry cake. 

"Y'know i'm surprised Ryu-Chan, I thought you weren't going to go with me." Huni giggles, beginning to eat. I start on the red velvet cake first.

"Free cake. It can make me go many places." I state simply, letting the sweet melt in my mouth.

"Aren't sweets better than cigarettes?" 

"At first they were. I mean yeah, i'll still take sweets over them, but if i've ran out or there's nothing around i'll light one." 

I see Huni frown, but I just shrug. "When did you start?"

"A few years ago. At first it was just to piss my parents off, but now i'm kinda addicted." 

"Have you ever thought of stopping?" He asks, half of his cake already gone.

"Mm... no. What's with all the questions suddenly?" I huff slightly, finishing off my velvet cake and pulling my strawberry cheesecake one towards me.

"I'm you're boyfriend aren't I?"

"No-"

"So I want to know more about you~" He giggles, "How were you when you were younger? Was it different?"

I groan. I might as well answer his questions or we'd just be sitting in weird silence. "In the beginning it was. Mom and dad expected everything from me, and at first I complied. I wore their frilly dresses and sang for them and went to the parties, even though I didn't like the dresses and big parties."

"You did it to make them happy." Huni says, and I nod.

"When I asked them if I could wear something different, or just not attend the party in general they became angry, saying how Kotetsu would've done it and blah blah blah. So I started to rebel. It's gotten to the point where they're wishing Kotetsu would've been born first. They've already decided to make him heir to the company, I think they're only keeping me for my singing talent." I scoff, shaking my head.

"Doesn't that make you upset?" 

"Nope, why would it? I'm surprised they haven't called me an abortion-should've-been yet." I laugh, eating the last strawberry and finishing my cake. "Then again, that's not really possible, since Kotetsu would've been too, and they adore him." I stand up, stretching. "Ready to head to my place to record?"

"Ryu-Chan~" Huni giggles, standing up and coming over to me. He wipes his thumb across my bottom lip. "You had frosting on your face." He giggles, licking the icing off his finger and then grabbing Usa-Chan and skipping out. 

Blushing, I walk after him, wiping my face off myself. "You could've just told me, baka."

"Hey, baka is better than bastard~" Huni smiles back at me and slows down to walk next to me. "I'm shocked you ate two whole cakes in less than twenty minutes. I thought only I could do that~"

"I was taking my time to be polite, since we're in public. And, sweets are life."

"Where do you put it all?"

"What, the cake?" I laugh, squishing my boobs together. "This is the only place I can think of, because every other part is skinny like a stick." I laugh more as Huni blushes. "I could ask the same for you, where does all of your cake go?" I ask, poking his arm.

"High metabolism~" Huni smiles, grabbing my hand before I pull it away. I go to jerk it away but he keeps a firm grip on it. We walk back to my mansion and I pull out my phone.

"Tetsu-Kun is supposed to record with me, but we was going with the twins today."

"Then he's probably at Haru-Chan with everyone else!" Huni explains, and I nod, sighing. Pushing the big oak doors open, we walk in and head up the marble staircase, heading to the music studio. Just as I go to walk in, my father walks by.

"Ah Ryuko. The file is already on the desk in the studio, I want them all recorded by 9 o'clock sharp. Oh, who is this?" He asks, seeing Huni.

"Mitsukuni Haninozuka sir, i'm your daughter's-"

"Friend! He's a friend." I interrupt as the two shake hands.

"A Haninozuka, it's nice to meet you. If you'll excuse me, I have a meeting downtown. Remember, by 9 o'clock."

"Eh, but dad that only gives me 8 hours-"

"9 Ryuko."

"Yea yea, go to your meeting." I mutter, pushing the door open and going in.

"You're father seems.. nice?" Huni says quietly, going over and sitting on a stool.

"Mhm, sure. Nice." Opening the file, I see the long list of songs. And all of them were romance songs. Blech. Who listens to this stuff? After a long groan I begin to set things up for the first song.

"What's wrong Ryu-Chan?" 

"All of these are love songs. I don't like singing these." Getting the music set up I grab my acoustic and sit down on one of the stools. "Huni, do me a favor and hit play, would you?"

"Sure Ryu-Chan~" 

As the song starts, I play guitar and sing. (A/N : i'm not going to write the lyrics, i'll just put the link ^^)

After finishing, Huni gives me compliments which I just kind of brush off. Since editing takes the longest, i'll just record all of the songs first. Setting up the next one, I sing that. I end up singing 10 songs before Huni insists I take a break.

"Shouldn't you take a break Ryu-Chan? Get a drink, have some snacks?"

"Fine fine. I'm assuming you want some then, huh." I mutter, hanging my guitar back up.

"If you have any..." Huni trails off, a smile on his face.

"Of course I have snacks. I'm just pondering if I should share with you or not." I stick my tongue out at him and then walk out of the studio and head down the hall. Getting close to my bedroom, a maid walks by us. "Hungry~" At this, she holds out a handful of chocolate truffles. Thanking her, I take them all and then walk into my bedroom. "Here, you can have these ones." I say, handing Huni the truffles.

"Arigato Ryu-Chan~!" 

I just hum, going over to my closet and opening the doors. The entire closet was like a miniature candy store, except they were all mine~ And I have one of those huge walk in closets. Floor to the ceiling of just candy. With a chocolate fountain in the middle~ Walking in, I look around to see what I want.

"Wow Ryu-Chan, your parents let you have this?" Huni asks, awestruck.

"Psh, they don't even know about it. With the help of the maids, we set the room up while they went on a business trip." I open my mini fridge and pull out a bowl of strawberries and go over to the chocolate fountain.

"What songs do you have left to record?" He asks, edging closer to my closet and eyeing up my strawberries.

"The rest are duets, and Tetsu isn't here to do them with me." I groan, knowing there's about 8 more songs to do, and they still need editing.

"I could record with you?" Huni suggests, making me laugh. 

"Can you even sing? With a voice like yours you'd have to sing the girl's part."

"I can sing! And I can go lower octaves to do the guys' parts." He pouts, hugging Usa-Chan.

"Fine I guess I can see how well you do." After taking a snack break, we go back to the studio and begin to record. I'll admit (in my mind) that Huni is pretty good at singing. Finishing up, we only have one song left. Seeing the title, I groan. "This is not my character at all."

"What song is it?" Huni asks, coming over to the laptop.

"It's Not Like I Like You by Static P." Sighing, I set it up and go back over to the mics. "You ready?"

"Mhm~" And I hit play.

"I,I,I,I,I," I sing, sounding all girlish and stuff, and we both sing.

"I,I,I,I,I," 

Me, "Woah~"

Huni, "Hey that's pretty good!"

Me, "Eh? No one asked you!"

And then Huni sings, "I got myself just a little bit of love,
That I wanna spend, on you
But baby I'll never get that chance
To dance that romance with you
Oh no, 'cause you're always hittin' (Hiya!) and kickin' (Huh!) and puttin' me down
But I hope you don't mean what you say"

Both, "But I keep seein' you," Him, "Stickin around"
Both, "Like I/you can't get enough
So I stay, and I wonder, how my hand would feel intertwined with yours"
Him, "As of now though," Me, "What're you doing!?" Him, "Nothin but closed doors

My girl's a dere, a tsun-tsundere, 
Just sayin hi gets me a punch in the face
And if I should, compliment her
She, starts to chase"

And I sound all pouty, "Hey! That was a direct attack!"

Huni, "Oh no the wildcat, found my hiding place."

Me, "Stupid octopus! Take it back!"

Huni laughs slightly, "So uh, how am I an octopus?"

Me, "How'm I a cat?"

Him, "Well uh.. cats are cute!"

I sound all flustered, "Go away!"

Him, "Can we get along, you're so headstrong"
Me, "Hmph, There's no way, go away, now so long"
Him, "Just talk to me and you will see~"
Me, "Eh? That's not fair, using flair, you dummy!

I got myself just a little bit of love,
That I wanna spend, on NOT you,
'Cause baby i'm afraid you'll say that it's not okay with you
Uh oh, 'cause you're always laughing (hehe) and joking (boop) you look like a clown
But I hope you mean what you say (I do)

And I wonder what you would think
If I let my pride down let it sink,
Could we hold hands kiss, live our lives in gentle bliss (we could)
Eh!? I'm not talking about you! You're not my prince in this

I'm not a dere, a tsun-tsundere
I've have a jello heart i'm not that mean
I'm not blushing, I was just rushing,
And forgot the sunscreen!"

Huni laughs, "You're smile's really cute though!"

Me, "You'll never see it, from underneath my pigtails!"

He sighs, "Alright, I just.. wanted to let you know."

As the music plays, I have to act all stuttery and stuff. "U-um.. hey. (yea?) Um-! (Are you okay?) Y-y-yea! Um well.. hehe.

Hey hey are you, free free today?"

Him, "Oh ho ho, why do you want to know?"

Me, "It's not like I like you okay!?"

Him, "Alright cool where do you want to go? 
We could rent a boat and sail,
Find a bunny, and feed it some juicy kale (No that sounds really stupid)
Okay well how about A,
Classy dinner by candle light?
Or scary stories till midnight, so that I can hold you tight
Ba ba da ba da"

Me, "And get cheeto crumbs on me? No way!
Ookay, I think you're a little dense
I really don't like all this talk
You have in the present tense
Ba ba da ba da

So listen here buddy it's all just a big fantasy
You see inside of your head, no!
So just say good bye~ (Ugh whatever) Ba ba da ba da!

I'm not a dere a tsun-tsun dere, hey I can kick your but even in this dress!"
Huni cut in while I was singing, "My girl's a dere a tsun-tsundere! Ugh I digress! So let's just, go, to the park, I guess?"

I cut in, "Pfft, you wouldn't even know what to bring! (Oh c'mon will you please just say yes) Ugh Jeez, fine baka Tako, it's not like i'll enjoy it or anything." And I end the song with a giggle. Stopping the recording I make a puking sound.

I go over and sit at the computer. "Now to edit...  Hey Huni, could you do me a favor and go to my closet and grab a tray of brownies? They should be on the second shelf on the left hand side, wrapped with saran wrap."

"Yea sure~ Here, take Usa-Chan to keep you company." He giggles, putting the stuffed bunny in my lap as he skips out of the studio. 

Huni's POV

I could listen to her sing all day. I mean, I basically have been. It's already 7 o'clock. 

Going to Ryuko's room, I pull out my phone to see if my father called or sent me a message. Seeing nothing, but one from Takashi. I text him, telling him that I won't be home until late. Walking into her room, I go to the closet and grab the brownies she asked for. I still can't believe she has all of this. I mean, I hide cakes in my closet all of the time, but only temporarily.

Stealing a strawberry I walk back to the studio, and hear Ryu singing again, and I stop to listen. She was singing the chorus to a song.. I pull out my phone and hit record.

"If I were a boy, I think I could understand, How it feels to love a girl, I swear i'd be a better man, I'd listen to her, 'Cause I know how it hurts, When you lose the one you wanted, 'Cause he's taken you for granted, And everything you had got destroyed~"

I quickly end the recording as she starts talking to herself.

"Huni takes forever... he knows I don't like being alone."

I walk in, apologizing for taking so long. "I brought the brownies~! Did Usa-Chan keep you company?"

"It'd be better if he could talk." She sighs, handing my bunny back and then taking a brownie. "I have to edit all of the songs we recorded, so if you wanna pull up a chair, it's gonna be a bit."

"Yea sure~" I hum, pulling up a stool and sitting next to her. We sit in silence for a while, and Ryu plugs in a hard drive, turning on some music. I watch as she edits everything and puts them on the empty CD.

As she finishes, Ryuko yawns and leans against me, her head on my shoulder. I blush slightly, glancing down at her. She fell asleep? Smiling, I stand up and then pick her up bridal style. I take Ryu to her room, knowing maids will shut off the lights. I set her in bed and put the blankets over her, tucking her in.

I look at her face as she sleep. Feeling as if i'm a creep, I decide I should probably just leave. Bending over, I kiss her gently- she kissed me back!?

I pull away to her laughing. "Caught ya~ I'm guessing you're gonna head home then?"

I nod numbly. This is the first time she's ever kissed me back.

"Hey, could you leave Usa-Chan with me..? I-it's only because Kotetsu isn't here!" She huffs, acting tsundere. "And you know I don't like being alone.."

"Yea, sure Ryu-Chan~" I smile, handing her my bunny. "Just make sure I get him back on monday." I walk to the door, looking back at her. She was already curled up and hugging Usa-Chan. "Love you, Ryu-Chan~" I turn off the lights and close her door.

She kissed me back! That's a first. Ryu'll deny that she did though. Thinking about that, I giggle. The Badass Type.. is really just a Lolita like me. And a tsundere. But she's my tsundere.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

622K 22.8K 41
We all know Mitsukuni Haninozuka, also known as Honey-senpai, right? Well have you heard of Tomoyo Haninozuka, Honey-senpai's little sister? A first...
290K 10.3K 36
*#1 in #kaoru* Azami Fujioka arrived at Ouran Academy with her younger sister, Haruhi, on a scholarship in hopes to get a better education. She was s...
9.4K 235 20
[DISCONTINUED] A/N: Not y'all still reading this in 2022- New student? Check. Not-so-rich girl? Check. Hates wearing giant yellow dresses? Check. We...
204K 6.6K 34
Tokimatsu Kazumi didn't have many friends at Ouran. As a Third Year, she didn't care about the majority of the things the other girls fawned about...