Am I Not Good Enough

By XSeasonX

Maya Duffield's life was just getting worse by the days. her parents are dead, her sister get's kidnapped and... More

Am I Not Good Enough
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46 - Part 2
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 38

2.1K 42 0
By XSeasonX

it's a bit shorter becuase i wrote it today, so comment and vote please!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 38

I pushed Chris out of my room and changed into a black bikini and put a baggy half top over it, with some baggy shorts. It wasn’t that cold out, so I guess I could manage?

I tied my hair back and ran outside the door and knocked loudly on Chris’s door before walking in. he was putting a shirt over his head when I walked it. “Ready?” I asked excitedly.  “yea, yea calm down” he said laughing at how excited I was over going to the beach. “give me that list of trackers you have, I’ll get someone Luke to call them up and get them here by 8 so we can discuss what we have to do” I nodded and walked back over to my room, grabbing the list and walking back over to him.

“ok so let’s go there for a couple hours then we can g4t back here and deal with that problem” I said rolling my eyes and tugging his arm. It was about a 30 minute drive to the beach so we needed to get moving. I dragged him along outside and jumped in my car, I haven’t used my car in a while. I got in the driver side as Chris got in the passenger side. “I'm going to try and make it in 20 minutes” I started the car and rolled out.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea” Chris said warily. “don’t be stupid, of course it is!” I said happy again. I almost doubled the speed limit since there was no one else on the road, and of course in 20 minutes we were there. Well it took 21, but saving time was good. It was a sunny day out, perfect to do some swimming. It was already fall so soon it would start snowing and all. It was warm weather so I might as well use it right?

“let’s go slow poke” I grabbed my bag and towel and raced through the sand with a smile on my face. The sun was beating down on us as I dropped my stuff in a open  spot and took off y shorts then ran towards the water. I could hear Chris coming up from behind me, he wrapped his arms around my waist and picked my up and threw me over his shoulder, while laughing uncontrollably. I tipped sideways a little as we reached the beginning of the water. I tipped over a little more, causing him to tip over and lose his balance, falling into the water with me on top of him.

We both plunged into the water in a fit of laughter. The cold water soaked me from head to toe, and shocked me. I shot up from the water as fast as possible. It was freezing!

“You suck” I said pushing Chris back under while laughing. We continued splashing each other for like the next half an hour. “hey is there any fish here or anything?” I asked, I had a fun idea I just didn’t want little animals crawling over me as I swam. We were wolfs so we could take on practically anything in this sea.

“uh no not that I know of why?” he looked genuinely confused at my  question which made me smile brighter. “you got your watch on?” he had a water proof watch that he always wore and that would be perfect for this. He nodded his head while still looking at me a bit weird, “ok well let’s see who can get the farthest in a minute” I suggested.

With our speed and strength this would be fun. “Oh I can so beat you at this” he said with a smile forming on his face. “Well then I guess we’ll just have to see about that.” I cocked my head to the side and looked off in the distance; we would have to swim straight for it to be fair.

I and Chris were always competing in things, that was just the way we are, and it kept things interesting. “Ok call it” I said getting ready to beat his sorry ass. “Ready” he set his watch and was ready to click it. “Set go!” he said really fast before taking off. I expected that of Chris, so I made sure I was ready.

I dove off under water and kicked my legs as fast as they would go, I could see the blob of him towards me, we were practically even, but he would slow down eventually. I came up for a breath before him, giving him a little bit of a lead. I dove back under and forced myself faster while keeping an eye on him. When he came up for a breath then I had the opportunity to catch up to him more. I don’t know how long it had been, but I was starting to get tired and my muscles were starting to get soar from all the pushing. I could still feel the cold water pulsing in my face.

After like 10 more seconds his watch finally beeped, signalling 1 minute. Chris was slightly ahead, by like a meter. We had gone so far out that we were a good way from the beach and the people there were just blobs. Chris pumped his fists in the air “I so wont that!” he said flicking some water at me. “oh that was just luck” I said sticking my tongue out at him. “oh yea?” he asked raising a eyebrow. “oh yea” I said with a laugh. “well then I guess it’s a rematch back to the beach” he said with a little smirk on his face. “bring it on”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were finally done about 2 hours later; we were both out of breath and hungry. “Let’s dry off then go get something to eat around here” Chris suggested while drying himself off with a towel.  My shirt was completely soaked; I brought a t-shirt to go over my bikini after though. I slipped back on my shorts and put on a plain purple shirt before grabbing my bag.

Chris walked behind e as we reached the car. I put on my sunglasses and I hoped in the car, just as we were pulling out my phone went off in my bag. “Hello?” I answered. “Maya! You need to come home now, the trackers are going to be her in half an hour and they mean business. I got someone to trace your dads phone records and this might mean something to you. The print out of the top five packs in the sates surrounding us are also figured out” Luke said in a huff. Perfect everything was more or less set. “ok I’ll be there in 20 minutes” I said before hanging up the phone.

“Everything’s set for the tracks of the rouges, we have to go back now” I said seriously. I had my time for fun and now it was time to deal with the damn rouges.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled up at the house 15 minutes later, I was so anxious to get here and get started. I looked like a mess and maybe I would have time to change. As soon as I walked in the door I saw Luke Lucas and Tara all bustling around with a bunch of papers. “what’s going on here” I asked.

“Jace is reviewing calls from the day you were found. So he’s got that, and for god’s sake go change the trackers will be here any minute” he took one look at me and pointed me upstairs.

“oh and alpha Railington and Dustin have to be here for this so hurry up” I pushed all the thoughts of Dustin from my mind as I raced up the stairs and changed quickly. I changed into a pair of jeans with a black sweater over top. I brushed my hair back neatly into a ponytail and put on minimal makeup. I sprayed some body spray to cover the scent of salt water, and hopefully I looked presentable enough for these people.

I walked down the stairs and saw the door opening, alpha Railington walked in with Dustin and 9 other people. Three of them were girls. Rather young actually. And four of them were guys, ranging from my age to the alpha’s age. “ah there she is. This is the lady in charge of  all this, Maya Duffield” the alpha motioned over to me. I gave a small smile before walking over and taking a seat on the couches.

“ok so here’s the deal. I need 4 of the 9 of you. I need 2 computer trackers and two blood trackers. This is going to be hard and dangerous if you don’t want that kind of job then leave now” my voice was firm as I stared at all of them. not one of them moved an inch. My pack was gathered around behind me and alpha Railington and Dustin were standing behind the trackers. “your going to tell me why you’re the best at what you do. as you know there is a rouge army at work here and you will get major credit for helping bring this down, to some of you that means a lot and to others nothing.” I said.

“ok you will all see either me or Jace one at a time, and together we will chose the four that will be working with us, you you’re coming with me first. The rest of you can wait here” I pointed to a blond girl, she looked strong and confident, now I just need to know if she’s as good as she portrays herself to be.

“and your coming with me” Jace pointed at a Guy with black hair. I leaded the blond away from the group in another room, we had many extras around this house that was filled with random furniture. Me and Jace were planning on making one of them into our office. I motioned for the girl to take a seat across from me in the small blue room. it had a couple chairs  and tables in it, it wasn’t decorated or anything, but the light shone through the window.

“Well my name is Rebecca. I’m 20 years old. I mainly want to bring down these rouges because I once escaped from a rouge pack. I want to help those who are forced to fight with them free. I wont say I have a pretty past because I grew up rough. I am a blood tracker and I'm good at it. I helped the council once find a run away pack that was plotting to destroy others, I have a history in fighting. I will not me in your way, I will only help. And I can promise you that I will get the work done” she finished

I scanned her face, she seemed pretty good but I needed to see the others before I made a final decision. This was it. I was finally getting somewhere and this was the last straw. I'm risking everything here and we will win.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73 0 24
A teenage girl goes through a lot of difficult situations. She met a guy and fell in love with him even though she wasn't suppose to. Her decisions m...
50.8K 2.2K 62
"Beauty can be a blessing or a...Curse. people who believe in Faith, soulmates and love are really lucky, because it's proves that they dream. They a...
71 2 15
Laura has been having nightmares about someone who's after her for revenge. Her family and people from school keep asking what's wrong, but she knew...
885 117 25
A girl living an ordinary life without the ability to foresee the future; suddenly started having a dreams about deaths. And later, the people around...