The Seven Deadly Sins | ✔️

By bangtanfamfic

[COMPLETED JUNE, 2017] (방탄소년단) BTS Fanfiction: The Seven Deadly Sins "My life changed the day Envy let me liv... More

Introduction
(2) ...are never truly happy
(3) It's about time...
(4) ...to get rid of your Pride
(5) The one to truly fear...
(6) ...is none other than Sloth
(7) Love...
(8) ...or Lust?
(9) Don't mess with...
(10) ...Wrath
(11) I'm a Glutton...
(12) ...for Punishment
(13) I won't stop because...
(14) ...I'm Greedy for more
(15) A Full Circle
(16) A Full Circle pt. 2
(17) Epilogue
Character Overview
Beyond the Scene
Special: JK
Special: TH
Special: NJ
Special: HS

(1) Those who Envy...

39.7K 1.7K 2K
By bangtanfamfic

Jeon Jungkook eyed a couple who was walking down the street. The two of them had wide smiles and were whispering about something funny -if the laughter was of any indication- and yet he could only watch in disdain.

Not because he disliked couples, no, it went deeper than that.

It was the concealed sinister feelings coming from them that had caught his attention.

He'd seen this situation thousands of times and could give a play-by-play about how their day was going to end.

Well, a thousand times may sound like an exaggeration but that isn't the case with Jungkook.

He lazily reached for his notebook, watching two names appear on the paper under the 1,003rd person's name.

He already knew, before the names showed up, that those two were his next targets and with one last glance at his notes, he snapped the book shut, placing it safely in the inner pocket of his coat before pushing himself off the wall he had been leaning on.

On his 327th year roaming around earth, he had finally taken the 1000th person on his list, making him wonder how many more people it would take until the man who did this to him would finally let him die in peace.

He frowned and stared up directly to the sky beyond the clouds, hoping he got his message across but not holding his breath either way.

So you may be wondering, who -or what- is Jeon Jungkook?

He went by different aliases over the many years of his existence: Invidia, discontent, jealousy and many more.

But nowadays he was better known as ENVY, one of the 7 deadly sins.

He had no recollection of how he became the embodiment of this sin as he couldn't recall his past but there was one thing that stuck with him the moment he awoke 327 years ago and that was his name: Jeon Jungkook.

Flashback

Kook flinched as his eyes opened, a blinding light seeping through the lids of his eyes.

It took him a couple of moments to adjust to his new setting and even then he had to blink multiple times to clear his vision.

There was an incessant pounding in his head but he forced himself to push it aside as he analyzed his surroundings.

The marble floor he was lying on was cold and chilled him to the bones but with a significant amount of effort, he was able to push himself off of it; his arms shaking slightly at the action.

Once he was on his feet he looked around him. The room was empty, save for one grandiose door a couple of steps ahead of him. There were no windows, no lights, nothing.

And yet the room was shining brightly.

"Where...am I? Where was I before this?..." Kook thought dazedly as he took tentative steps towards the door that should lead to a way out.

Every time he tried to think of what happened before he ended up in this quaint room, a blinding pain shot through him, forcing him to stop as he began seeing white dots from how unbearable it was.

"And...w-who am I?" He whispered softly, eyes widening in confusion when nothing came up in his head except his name and age.

The door he was walking towards slowly creaked open right before he reached it, making him pause.

When he peered through the opening, he saw a figure sitting in a throne; face hidden by the shadows.

There was a brief moment of silence before the man shifted, allowing Jungkook to see one feral smile.

"Welcome Jungkook..." a deep baritone voice spoke up and Jungkook shivered.

There was something dark, sinister even, in the way the man spoke that made Kook's blood run cold.

"...or should I now say, Envy?" The man continued darkly.

End of Flashback

He gritted his teeth once more at the memory before focusing on the couple in front of him again.

Jungkook knew that whoever he was before he became Envy, had been eradicated at the young age of 20.

He was human, maybe not anymore but he used to be. Even his heart continued beating till this day.

...and yet he couldn't die; it was quite the paradox.

Trust him, he had attempted at it countless of times.

He hated what his position demanded him to do but it was the reason why he existed, his purpose in this jaded world; or at least that was what he was told.

Maybe it wouldn't feel as lonely if only people could see him. But he wouldn't -no, couldn't- give himself the luxury of such wishful thinking.

"Why can't I be like the other women..."

And there it was, the first of the covetous thoughts coming from the woman walking hand-in-hand with her lover.

More of her thoughts seeped in. "...maybe then he wouldn't think of his ex...what did I do wrong?...I'm not as pretty as her, not as smart, and not as successful...I want to be HER"

The thoughts continued to relentlessly echo in his mind and Jungkook could only clench his fists painfully.

He had a job to do and that was to spread those thoughts, making it worse than ever until the point where a person couldn't take it anymore, isolating them from everyone who cared about them and ultimately leading them to take their lives.

But what gave him the right to punish those who envied? Did it justify his right to take their lives as his own? And was it that grave of a sin that it was the only outcome they deserved?

It was ironic because he of all entities, envied humans more than any other person he had ever encountered.

He envied their ability to laugh.

He envied the tears that spilled when they were in pain.

He envied the love that they were able to share.

And most of all, he envied the comfort that they could give each other.

Those were all things he'd never be able to experience -couldn't remember experiencing.

He was almost upon them but something happened, making him stop.

The woman made eye contact with him, narrowing her eyes slightly when she saw him staring.

Kook physically stumbled. It was impossible though...no one could see him.

Her boyfriend stopped walking, eyeing her strangely. "Babe...what are you doing?" He asked and she turned to him without taking her eyes off of Jungkook.

She tried to whisper her words but he could hear everything.

"...there's a strange guy following us..."

Kook felt his heart leap with a minuscule amount of traitorous hope.

Her boyfriend turned to Jungkook's direction and then frowned noticeably before turning back to her. "What are you talking about?...there's no one here..." he muttered incredulously and her jaw dropped.

"Are you blind?! He's standing right behind us" she screamed and Kook smirked amusedly at her insistence.

"See! He bloody smirked!" She screamed and the man took his arm roughly out of her grip.

He backed away slowly while shaking his head in disdain. "Y/N you're batshit crazy...I knew I should've listened to the others when they said dating you would be a horrible idea...I-I'm not going through this anymore..." he stated and the woman -you- gasped.

When you realized he was breaking up with you, you scowled. "Oh I see how it is! You were waiting weren't you? Waiting for me to do something that would give you an excuse to run back to that dumbass ex of yours that you never stop mentioning. Well fine then! Fuck off!" You exclaimed with a growl, flipping him off.

Jungkook was trying to hold back his laugh but he couldn't help the slight chuckle that escaped, making you glare in his direction once again.

"AND YOU!" You shouted, stomping his way without noticing how your boyfriend -ex-boyfriend- kept shooting you looks that were only directed at crazy people as he ran the opposite way.

Finally you reached him. "Who the hell do you think you are to be following us? What do you want. Money?" You demanded with your arms crossed and Jungkook could only gape at the novelty of this situation.

You took his silence as a yes and sighed. "Well look pal, you're out of luck. I probably have less on me than you right now so you picked the wrong person." You explained slowly and Kook took that moment in your rant to study your features.

There was nothing significantly special about you; nothing that would point to how you could see him and yet it really was happening.

You watched him stare at you, still transfixed, and now you frown while backing away slowly.

This was a bad idea...how stupid did you have to be to confront a stranger who could potentially hurt you?

"Uhm. Okay you're freaking me out I'm just going to-"

"You can see me" he whispered, cutting you off.

You gave him an even weirder look now. "Listen...I don't know what you've been smoking but it's obviously not working so you should just throw it away..." you muttered and again Kook chuckled.

He slowly walked to you and you tensed but he shook his head, holding his hands up placatingly.

"C-can I touch you?" he whispered once more and you were ready to refuse and get the hell out of there, but the look on his face made you stop.

He looked at you as if you had given him everything he needed just by being here. Not only that however, but his eyes held a quality that made him hardened; something a man that was the same age as you shouldn't have had.

"I...uhm, okay..." you mumbled stupidly and with careful movements, he softly placed his hands on your cheeks.

He inhaled sharply when he felt warmth seep through his fingertips.

The feeling was so foreign, so strange, that he had to grit his teeth from becoming too overwhelmed.

You watched seriously as the man struggled to keep himself composed for reasons you didn't know.

Who is he? Why did he react this way? You didn't know.

But strangely enough, you wanted to help him.

"Are you okay?" You asked and Kook froze.

When was the last time someone had asked him that question?

He pondered over that for a second and then softly smiled.

This was probably the first time.

He looked you straight in the eyes. "I am now" he said honestly and you flushed at the sincerity in his voice.

Unfortunately with Jungkook, all good things never lasted and so when he felt the burning sensation coming from his inner pocket, he hissed, dropping his hand from your face.

You backed away and watched him in concern but he couldn't speak. He quickly grabbed the book and saw it glow as he opened it to the last page: the one with your name on it.

He had never failed his task once but it was different now. He couldn't do it. Not when he finally found the one person who was different.

Once again you eyed him weirdly. "What's up with you dude? Are you even human?" You asked jokingly but worry was etched into your eyes.

Kook looked up, sweat dampening his hair, and gave you a small smile.

"You have no idea" he retorted back cheekily, ignoring the burn the rippled in his chest, and extended his hands out.

"Jeon Jungkook" he introduced himself and you numbly shook his hand.

————————————————

"Shut. Up." You said in shock.

Kook looked at you smugly but said nothing.

"There's no way..." you whispered incredulously and he shrugged.

"Y-you're really not...alive?" You questioned in disbelief and he snorted.

"No I'm alive. I'm just not what you are" he said nonchalantly and yet you couldn't entirely grasp what he had just told you.

It was official, he really was crazy.

...so why were you still standing there, calm as could be, without screaming like a banshee and running off?

You were probably crazier.

"Prove it" you uttered those words and immediately wished you didn't when he looked at you in surprise.

Yup. Definitely crazier.

It was too late to take it back though so you straightened your back and asked him once more.

He watched you in fascination and then smiled. "Take your phone out" he requested and you immediately did as he asked.

He told you to open the camera and place it on selfie mode which you did and then you lifted the phone up.

You shot him an unamused look. "If you wanted a selfie we could've taken one after you proved that...holy...shit..." you drifted off when you glanced at your screen. You held your breath.

Kook wasn't on it.

What the fuck.

You changed the angle, tapped the screen, and practically shoved it in his face but no, he still didn't appear.

You cleared your throat "T-this doesn't prove anything...it's probably just a glitch..." you squeaked out, your voice a pitch too high.

He smiled smugly with one brow raised and you faltered.

"What's with the look?..." you thought apprehensively.

"Nothing really, just that this will probably freak you out even more" he answered back in your mind.

You slowly nodded in thoughtful agreement and he watched you patiently, eyes full of mirth.

It hit you seconds later.

He answered you back.

In your thoughts.

"What the f-" you cursed but choked, coughing harshly in surprise.

And that was the day you became friends with Envy.

The book weighed heavily in Kooks conscience, but he stubbornly disregarded it.

He had decided then and there that he would change his fate.

There was something worth fighting for now.

————————————————

Please vote if you enjoyed this first chapter! ✌🏽 it would make my day ♥️♥️♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.1K 1.8K 33
He was a fuckboy .. But she was a sweet, shy and kind-hearted girl .... She knew he was a fuckboy but she fell for him . ( He was a red flag but she...
582K 29.8K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
276K 12.5K 59
A Boy who is born with one blue eyes.His one eye is Blue & another one is dark brown.His life wasn't easy ,he was in dark ,this world made him heartl...
167K 7.5K 59
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...