A Love Already Blossomed

By CaptainPhantom24601

Ever since Christine left, the Phantom is heartbroken. Y/N is, also, for she cannot bear to ever see Erik dam... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Author's Note
Chapter 4
Author's Note. PLEASE READ
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's Note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 1/Introduction

7.8K 135 66
By CaptainPhantom24601

A/N: Welcome to A Love Already Blossomed... So, I had a previous Chapter 1 (and Chapter two, Chapter three, Chapter four, and so on) that was written when I was somewhere around 12-13 years old before I even published this, but my stupid self was reading this part over and decided how stupid it sounded.... the problem was that I was reading Shakespeare before I was rereading this part, and I thought that Chapter 1 sounded stupid, so I deleted it (of course) and I just realized that it wasn't that bad, considering it was written by a middle schooler... so now I am trying to recall and write it as best as I can because in addition to deleting in, stupid me tore out the pages from my notebook.... anyway, enjoy!

~

The lair was silent. It was as silent as it has ever been, and the only thing that broke through the thick, unbearable weight of silence was the unusually soft sound of the pipe organ that Erik had sitting in the middle of his dark, lonely lair. It played a familiar tune, a tune which Y/N admired greatly. It softly played its solemn notes as if they each were bad memories being released from the soft wooden instrument. Its notes were once sung with wonder and curiousity, and were now instead played like a burden upon one's shoulders. In her mind, Y/N could hear Erik softly singing the lyrics.

Night time sharpens, hightens each sensation

Darkness stirs and wakes imagination

Silently the senses abandon their defenses.

Her heart sunk, yet the imaginary voice of Erik, the Phantom, her love, lifted her soul greatly. She smiled to herself and looked back to her book, ridding her mind of her forbidden fantasies.

The candles flickered, piercing through the painful darkness as greatly as they could. They illuminated the space of Erik's lair and caused shadows to fall onto the pages of Y/N's book. They broke the the darkness of the lair, the darkness of all of the rooms, the even the mere idea of darkness in the lonely lair, yet they did not break the darkness of Erik's heart, and that was the worst possible things. Yes, his heart has always been dark, and his mind an endless labyrinth of terrible memories of the past, but never have his mind, heart, or soul ever been so dark. Y/N could not bear the sight of Erik in such a state as this, and the shame was that Y/N couldn't do anything to help him.

It was suddenly months earlier. The candles were ablaze, and so was Erik's anger and passion. Blood was running down my head and I was lying on the ground, motionless.

Just minutes before Erik had brought Christine down to his lair (aka 45 minutes-1 hour before), she was scampering out of Erik's boat and away from a man. The man was trying to find Erik, and no matter the countless times Y/N had tried to warn him that something bad would happen to him if he did dare to wander down to the labyrinth which held Erik's most private secrets. This man had disregarded any word Y/N tried to tell him, and followed her into the lair, swimming after her in the murky waters of the lake. The man, a police officer, grabbed Y/N from behind.

"Tell me where he is, ghost! Tell me now!" he spoke.

"Never," Y/N replied coldly, her words as piercing as the gaze she wore.

"Is that so, little mademoiselle? What you're doing is a felony, you know. You could be thrown in prison, and I don't think such an ordinary girl such as yourself would like that very much. Defending this man could cause you trouble. He is a murderer."

Y/N stayed silent and listened to the man's words. She knew what Erik has done, but he had a reasons for why he did this. Christine was his life, and he had a right to keep his own life from slipping from his fingers.

"I will defend him, even if my life or my freedom depended on it." These words echoed harshly throughout the lair, its sound undoubtedly travelling up to the stairs and maybe even to beginning of the entrance to the residence occupied by two suspected ghosts.

The officer chuckled and grabbed a sword from his belt. Y/N reached to touch the curve of the organ and backed up, as if afraid of the officer. She smiled inwardly. Oh, what this poor officer was in for.

Y/N's fingers grazed the leather casing of the sword, and she knew it was in her grasp if she wanted it. Her sword looked similar to Erik's, only it was slightly smaller, and the skull was small and was imbedded into the silver coloured handle. It was a long, quite frightening sword that had won many battles. It was swift, and ready to act on its master's movements. Erik had of course taught her how to fight, even with a sword. He had said 'If you're going to be a ghost, you have to fight like a ghost." Y/N did just that, every time she could.

Y/N gripped the cool metal of the sword and eased it quietly out of its casing. The officer pointed his sword at her. 'Now,' she told herself. She swiftly pulled out her sword and pointed it at the officer. Hers criss-crossed with his and with the occasional twitch, shiver, or shake of the hand came a clinking sound. Y/N batted her sword with his, as if telling him 'Get on with it. Are you really such a coward that you won't fight a girl?'

So, they fought. The swords, along with their masters, danced as if they were in some kind of dance. Y/N moved gracefully, proudly taking the role of the woman, while the officer pranced around aggressively, taking the role of the man. The officer's own weapon (if you're thinking gross things, stop) neared Y/N's neck, and her eyes widened by a fraction, but she pushed the sword away from her harshly, causing the surprised officer to tumble over. He snarled, and grabbed Y/N by the neck. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head, and on her face was displayed a look of fear and surprise, though surprise was more evident of her face. She clawed at the officer's wrists and arms, trying desperately to find air. The man dragged her through an easily found secret entrance and up the steps, her sword creating sparks on the stone of the steps.

They wandered up, only stopping once to let let Y/N gasp in a breath of air. As the officer said, this was only because she was a witness to all of the Phantom's "horrors" and because I was a "victim" of his "mind powers". He also said that he could kill me whenever he wanted because apparently, Y/N helped in the Phantoms many murders, which was two, and both occurring because of plausible and understandable reasons, though not understandable to most people. After his short yet menacing speech, the man navigated his way through the darkness and eventually found an exit that lead to an alleyway behind the Opera Populaire.

He dragged Y/N's almost immobile body out of her home and into the darkness of the night. He threw her onto the floor, making her land head first onto the stone. Though she was close to the ground, it still sent sharp pain through her head and made a pulsing sensation spread   throughout her forehead. The officer kicked her in her stomach.

"Where is he?" he shouted aggressively at her.

No answer.

"Tell me!" the officer demanded.

Still no answer. The officer let out an irritated groan. Y/N gripped the handle of her sword and lunged up at him with as much energy as she could and plunged the sword into his heart, causing him to go wide-eyed. Blood spilled out his mouth and he collapsed onto the  ground as Y/N pulled the sword out of his weak, dying body.

"Some... officer... you are," she grumbled with a raspy, grumbling voice. She smirked and stumbled to the exit, blood making its way up her throat and into her mouth. She groaned and clutched her stomach.

Music echoed through the opera house and into the alleyway, where the officer lied, fallen, cold and dead (A/N: that is from Oh, Captain, My Captain, but it's 'officer' instead of 'Captain' and the reader loathes the officer). Y/N could hear Erik's voice singing The Point of No Return, and she smiled weakly to herself. It always made her feel better when Erik sang. She let the power of his voice encourage Y/N's severely low energy to rise. His voice made her heart thump in her chest again, and she felt lighter, as if the weight of the world had been lifted from her shoulders. She hurried down the stairs and back to her surprisingly welcoming home. She stumbled to the organ and weakly slid the sword out of her hand. She let it hit the floor with a clang. She collapsed and her vision faded to black. The only things she remembered were Erik trying to convince the love of his life to stay with him and a gentle sway and the feeling of being pressed against a muscular figure. She knew what had happened, though. Erik had carried her to safety, and softly cared for her injuries.

When she woke up a while later, it had taken her a moment to realize what the gentle swaying feeling was. Once it dawned on her that Erik, the man that she loved, had carried her to safety, she turned as red as a tomato.

Y/N laughed at the last memory. How surprised and flustered she had been. Her quiet laughter faded, and the memory of being carried re-entered her brain. How she loved the gentle swaying motion Erik caused. How she loved the gentle but muscular feel of his body, and the feel of his body being pressed against hers. There could never be such a feeling that compared to it, except Y/N's love, of course.

The soft sound of the pipe organ being played still traveled through the walls of the lair and into Y/N's ears. The tune played in her ears like a soft hum in her ears, a soft caress. The elongated notes filled Y/N's mind, replacing the memories of the past. Just then, a the faint but familiar feeling of an urge filled her body. It gradually became so great, it was unbearable, and it was impossible to hide.

Y/N slowly got up from her bed and brushed past the black curtains that separated her sleeping and changing quarters from the rest of the isolated "residence". She walked softly to the producer of the sound and started softly singing along with the pipe organ's notes, raising her voice by an octave, as she could not sing the low notes that well (A/N: the part where he sings 'the darkness of the Music of the Night' is too deep for me, but if you can sing it, you aren't raising your voice by an octave in this part). Her voice was lowered to such a level that it was nearly a whisper.

Softly, deftly, music shall caress you

Head it, feel it, secretly posses you

Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind

In this darkness that you know you know you cannot fight

The darkness of the Music of the Night

The notes of the organ faltered and then came to a stop as Erik sat on his chair, sobs threatening to shake his body. Y/N ran over to him. She knelt down at the edge of his seat at the organ, and he turned around to face her. His eyes were flooding with tears, and his back was hunched over. Y/N wrapped her arms around him in an embrace. He hugged her in return, and clutched onto her tightly, as if his life depended on it. His body shook, and his tears wet the fabric of Y/N's dress, but she didn't mind. This was Erik, and he needed assistance and comfort. This was her Erik, and she needed to pick up his broken pieces and place them back where they belonged.

Y/N's hand traced comforting shapes on Erik's back until his full blown sobs faded into soft cries. "Oh, God," Y/N though. "I've done it. I hurt him." At this thought, Y/N's eyes filled with tears.

Erik's cries stopped for a moment, and then he said something that made Y/N's heart shatter into pieces.

~
A/N: I hope you like the first (not really) chapter of A Love Already Blossomed! I'm sorry for any confusion of any kind. Thank you for reading my story and have a nice day/afternoon/night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 3.7K 20
{Phantom of the Opera x reader} COMPLETED (I wrote this when I was small, be prepared to cringe a lot 🙃)
Him. By Nadene

Fanfiction

2.4K 85 17
They denied the love they had, but what happens when all of her problems start to revolve around him? {Phantom of the Opera Fanfiction} {Book Two}
59.8K 1.2K 36
What if the Phantom of the Opera had a childhood friend? Would he become the crazy person we've come to know and love? Would he fall in love with thi...
2.2K 66 6
This is my first story writing on my phone so you'll have to excuse my spelling errors. This is a Phantom of the Opera x oc. There was young girl wh...