Breaking His Walls

By iiman_liman

Arina Khan, a 20 years old Muslimah in her 2nd year of English literature, striving to become a better Musl... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N ( important Plz read)
Chapter 7
EID MUBARAK
Chapter 8
Eidhi, Hero of the Nation
Chapter 9
Important Note(edited)
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
Eid Mubarak
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
A/N (IMPORTANT PLZ READ)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Q and A
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 33

18.8K 1K 135
By iiman_liman

As-Salaam-Alaikum

Plz pray before you read if it's time to pray and you haven't...

Enjoy the Chapter!!!

**********************************************************************

Be someone recognized for having a beautiful heart.

So when you leave, that memory of you lingers.

-Mufti Ismail Menk

**********************************************************************

Adam's POV

Not going to lie, Opening up to Arina was the hardest thing today. I didn't know if I could trust her knowing she will be gone in just over a month.

But it felt like the most right thing to do that moment.The feeling that I could trust her fully and pour my heart out to her felt so strong. I've never ever talked about my transformation to worse and my Dad's passing away to anyone. Not even mom.

That hug. The hug that signaled that she will always be there for me. That hug somewhere deep down reassured me that maybe just maybe everything was going to be okay with me soon. That hug just showed that even if she leaves, she will still be there for me. That handshake sealed the friendship. But I will be very honest, It did hurt being friend-zoned.

Well I guess I deserve that for being an ass and treating her like shit in the beginning and wasting 6 months of her life when she could find a better husband who'd love her and whom she would love.

I promise to give her best memories in the remainder of this trip so that when we separate, she have something to still smile back on in midst of all those harsh memories.

Arina's POV 

Ajaccio has been great! We had an amazing time there. From happiest moments to saddest moments and again happiest moments.

Alhumdullilah.

Now, Our next stop is one of my favorite cities Rome, Italy.

Right now, we are in the basketball court on the cruise playing the game. We were first in teams with Adam and Alina against me and Alex.

Guess who was winning? Of course not us.

I've never played this sport well even though my parents and brother love it and are all good in it.

Adam tried teaching me after i lost miserably but meh I'll just  stick with soccer as I am much netter in that sport.

Though Adam is not ready to give up.

"I can't have my wife not knowing how to play Basketball! That's the only game I love more than anything"  Adam's words

It's just a sport!

After the game to proceed towards our rooms to change from the sweaty sports gear to some comfortable clothing.

Once in the room i take my outfit and start walking towards the bathroom but Adam goes first. Well tires to because I ain't letting him go before me!

I throw a cushion from the nearest couch at him in order to stop him from going further.

He looks back at me surprised while I look at him with a smirk.

"At the war begin!" He says enthusiastically

I don't get it but when i do its too late because the cushion is back on my face.

"You did not just do that!" I say with a bit of anger

"Well you started it" He replied with his usual smirk plastered on his pretty face.

WTH! pretty face? Seriously Arina!

Soon i am hit by another pillow and you know the results! A pillow fight!!

We both fall on the bed tired after the pillow fight breathing heavily.

"That was fun!" Adam exclaims

"It sure was! I respond with a laugh

"But guess what?!"

"What?"

"I still get to the shower first!"

"Wait what?!"

He just ran of to the bathroom!! All that pillow fight for nothing!

Once the annoying man is out of shower now its finally my turn to freshen up. After i am done with that, i put on light make up and ta da!

Both of us ready walk to the outdoor dining hall which is hosting candle light dinner for couple.

The whole place looks magical. Fairy lights lighted up the whole place and candles placed on each table with slow music playing in the background.

The whole atmosphere looked so relaxing and romantic.

Adam lead us to our table and pulls out the chair for me.

"Such a gentleman eh?

"I always am!" He reply confidently

"Yeah right!" I reply with an eye roll to which i get a stern look because he hates eye rolls

The waiter soon arrives at our table.

"Is this the halal menu?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Okay Thank you" Adam replies with his rare smile that lights up his entire face.

I am so proud of him for the change he have shown the fast 5 or so months.

We order our dishes and wait for our food to arrive in comfortable silence.

"So our first date?" I break the silence

"Eh kinda" his reply makes me laugh before we become silent again.

Soon the delicious food arrives and we dig in.

Ah i missed the love of my life since lunch! Food is something that can make me happy in a matter of milliseconds. I have always been a foodie and i am proud of myself!

Soon everyone is done with their candle light dinners and leave while we stay back next to railings to enjoy the night view of the sea. Although we can't see much outside but the feeling is amazing.

"Erm..Adam?"

"Yeah?" He replies while looking out to the sea

"I know its not the best timing but i erm..wanted to know more about you know..your past?"

He hisitates at first but then agrees slowly

"When I was a little kid, I was a really good Muslim even at that young age. Always going to the masjid for the daily five prayers. Reciting Quran every day and night. Did..did i ever tell you that-?"

"That?"

"I've done hifdh at the age of 7"

"Masha Allah!!"  He gives me a small smile and continues

"I was a bright student in school and just the type of son any parent would love. I was like that till my 16th birthday."

"What happened then?" I encouraged him to continue

He took a deep breath.

"Life took a dark turn. I was turning sixteen but there was something I was more excited for."

"What?"

"My Dad. He was returning from his business trip that day. He was on that tour for around a month which was the longest I had stayed away from him. He..he called me when he arrived at the airport and told me that he got me the birthday present I always wanted"

A lone tear slipped his eye.

" I was extremely happy and couldn't wait for dad to arrive. Exactly two hours later my mom got a call and she took us to a hospital without saying even a single word. Tears were flowing down her eyes and she was mumbling every surah and Dua she knew."

I take hold of his hand to give him some support and he holds it tight in response.

"That night was the hardest night of our life. Mom spent the whole night constantly reciting Quran and  crying next to dad who was deeply injured with you mom by her side and you father was taking care of the treatment being the head doctor of that hospital. In the early morning, we received the news that he...he died. Arina my father was gone! He was no more there for me! I had no one to support me like he did. No one to teach me the ways to tackle the cruel life. I blamed Allah for taking him away from me."

Tears are constantly flowing down his eyes.

"I was stupid! I thought Allah did not like me even after being a good muslim. I lost faith..on him, on myself and on everyone."

"You know why i said I hate women?"

"Why?" I ask slowly while wiping my years that i didn't know were there.

"Because a lady was the reason for that car accident. A couple were in the car and the husband was driving but the wife started nagging him about something when he lost control and the accident happened."

"The hardest thing to do is attending your own father's funeral. The father who came home after long. Whom you couldn't wait to see in his usual suit not a coffin or a hospital gown."

He started crying and shaking.

"Adam you don't need to tell me anymore. Its fine"

But he shook his head.

"I want to say it. I want it out of my system at least for once"

So he carried on.

" I couldn't bear the loss so i started drinking and smoking to release the pain and anger i had for that lady. We moved back to Canada where our family is and i had to grow up instead of being a normal 16 years old. Graduated high school early and started university while taking care of my sister's education and mom took over the company to provide for us. Our family was a great help in all this. They were by us in every step of our lives  but we knew we had to do it on our own. I started becoming so cold hearted and arrogant about everything."

"Why did you move back to New York City then?"

"We were losing our company here and mom wanted me to take over the business as i was finally done with studies and you know the rest"

He wiped his tears but more started flowing.

I can not even imagine the pain and struggles he went through.

In a reflex I engulfed him in a tight hug  and we stayed like that for few minutes before walking to our room as it was already very late at night and we had to wake up early for our next excursion.

That night my whole thoughts and perspective on Adam changed.

He was not an arrogant, cold hearted beast because of his money and luxury but because that is what life and circumstances made him.

*************************

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

How are you all?

Alhumdullilah I am very well now that the exams have ended.

Its been soooo long!! I missed writing but i was really busy with exams and then travelling 2 days ago BUT NOW I AM BACK!

I know its very very late but EID MUBARAK!! I hope you had a great one!

so here is a long update for my lovely patient readers!

I hope you enjoy and like the chapter!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!

love ya'll

-Iiman

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

993K 55.8K 53
MIRAAN ROHERO(age 30) He belongs to a strong politician family.Along with having ties in the politics , they are also running the underworld.Miraan i...
171K 16.2K 65
The story of two best friends. AYEZA and NAILA... Their Ego towards their soulmate's EMIR and WAHAB. A blessed couple Ayeza and Emir, having childh...
384K 26.9K 63
Genre: Romance, Suspence, and Spritiual ranking#1 IN MODEL She is his boss and He is her PS. She is a model and He is Worker. She is B...
117K 7.6K 33
If your looking for a clichΓ© Islamic story! Alhamdulilah you have made it to the right place πŸ“šπŸ˜Š. Ahlam Rahman and Ayman Haq! The journey all began...