A New Beginning

By modernism

Things could be a lot different from what they actually were. Like the picture of the family in her hands. Th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Two

1.2K 38 4
By modernism

Troy's Pov~ 

So now there is another person moving in... great. We already have enough maids!

Now it was 6:30 p.m. I guess I better go get Sophie and tell her that dinner is ready. I went upstairs to her bedroom. I knocked on her door. She didn't answer. I guess I should just go in? I opened the door and peeked in. She was asleep. I walked over to her bed, where she was sleeping.

"Sophie... Sophie.... Sophie!!" I said shaking her shoulder.

"What.... I'm trying to sleep here!!" she said as she pulled the covers over her face. Cranky much....

"Sophie wake up!! Dinner is ready!" I said still shaking her shoulder.

"What!? I'm awake!!" She said sitting up straight as if she were wide awake.

"Dinner is ready!" I said one last time.

"Oh ok then." She rubbed her eyes and climbed out of bed. We went downstairs and sat at the dinner table, where there was spaghetti and meatballs on the table ready to be eaten. 

Sophie's Pov~ 

This was the first time I have had an actual meal in the last three years. It was delicious.

After dinner I went into the game room, where there was a sixty inch flat screen TV. I turned the TV on  and began to flip through the channels. I decided on watch Sponge Bob, because I'm just so mature.  Eventually I fell asleep.

  When I woke up, I was being carried up the stairs. By......Troy? "Put me down!" I said.

"You're awake?" He asked.

"Yea kind of! Why are you carrying me?"

"Because it's eleven thirty! I'll put you down at the top of the stairs," he said.

"Whatever...." Finally I was put down. I walked to my bedroom.

"Good night," I heard him say as he entered his room.

"Good night." I walked to my closet and changed into some shorts and a tank top. I crawled into my bed and fell asleep..... again.

*******

I woke up around 8:45. I went to my closet and picked out a pair of skinny jeans and a random tee shirt.

As I was walking towards the stairs, I passed Troy's room.

Maybe I should wake him up, I think to myself.

I knocked. No one answered the door. I opened his door, but nobody was in it. I guess he's already awake. He's probably eating breakfast. As I made my way down the stairs, I heard a faint sound.

As I got closer to the kitchen the sound got louder. By now I could tell that it was music coming from the recording room. I went over to the recording room and knocked on the door. No one answered. I walked in and saw Troy singing through the sound-proof window. Some guy was pressing all these random buttons on the control panel thing. Yea I know, I don't know about these kind of things. I took a seat down by the anonymous man and put on the headphones that were on the rack. Wow. Troy really was good! 

When Troy looked over and saw me, he rolled his eyes. What's that supposed to mean!? I didn't do anything bad to him....  

When I went to the kitchen, I saw french toast, bacon and eggs. Yummy! This place is so awesome.  The food was great. 

Eventually Troy came and joined me for breakfast. We didn't talk at all. I don't care if he didn't like me or anything but I wasn't going to give up on him just yet. 

After breakfast, I went up to Troy's bedroom and I decided that I was going to talk to him.

"Hey Troy..." I said as I walked into his bedroom.

He didn't look at me. Instead he just kept cleaning his room.

"Your singing was good. I really liked it." 

Silence.

"Thanks." That's all he has said to me all morning. He never really talks to me.

"Why don't you talk to me?" After he didn't answer I continued, "Do you not like me or something? "

"Just leave me alone," he said as he walked out of his bedroom door. Seriously what is his problem? I didn't have anyone to talk to around the house. I didn't even have a phone.

When Mrs. Laura got home from work, I asked her if she could take me to the mall to get some clothes and possibly a cell phone.

"Of course!" She answered. "We can actually go right now!" So we both got into the limo and we were off to the mall. I haven't been in a mall since I was a little girl. Everything has changed so much, and there is so many new stores! 

I bought a lot of clothes. Jeans, skinny jeans, tee shirts, tank tops, blouses, dresses, skirts, shorts, shoes and anything else you could think of. Mrs. Laura even let me get some make up and a new phone. Shopping was really fun today.

When we got back to the house, I put all of my new clothes into my closet. Troy didn't help, but thanks for asking. I activated my new cell phone. There was really no point of having one because I only knew Troy and Mrs. Laura. 

Later today, Mrs. Laura texted me and told me to meet her in her bedroom at five o'clock.

Well now it was five o'clock and I was knocking on her bedroom door. When she answered the door, we went to the small sitting area in her over sized bedroom. 

"So I have some very important to tell you, Sophie," she said as she sat down.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked.

"From now on you will have to attend school," she replied as she looked at me right in the eyes. When I lived with my parents I went to school. When I was living in the foster home, they had a little school there. But I haven't gone to an actual school in three years. 

"Okay...." I said. 

"Good! So now that you have accepted, I am glad to tell you that you will be staring next Monday!"

So yep! This was my chapter... Did you like it? Well if you did then Vote, Comment, and Become a Fan!!

Continue Reading