It All Began With A Letter

By innocentuniverse

Letters. Who knew they could hold your future? Your love? Your job? A fortune? Good news? Bad news? Change mo... More

It All Began With A Letter
Chapter 1: Meeting Asher
Chapter 2: Ice Cream
Chapter 3: Hidden Talent
Chapter 4: Matching Names and Faces With Jerks
Chapter 5: Flirting In Class
Chapter 6: Party Time
Chapter 7: Healing Burns
Chapter 8: Italian Restuarant
Chapter 9: Clubbing Hard
Chapter 10: Re-meeting Sam
Chapter 11: Shopping Time
Chapter 12: Free Period
Chapter 13: Wish You Were Here
Chapter 14: Everyone Has Problems
Chapter 15: Dealing With Danny
Chapter 16: Depressing News
Chapter 17: Memories
Chapter 18: Songs to Play
Chapter 20: The Dinner
Chapter 21: We're More Alike Than You Think
Chapter 22: The New Student
Chapter 23: Malibu
Chapter 24: Counting Stars
Chapter 25: Candy
Chapter 26: Takes Being A Rebel To Know One
Chapter 27: Young Forever
Chapter 28: Home Sweet Home...
Chapter 29:Graduation
NOT A CHAPTER. JUST A NOTE!

Chapter 19: A Day I Want To Forget

398 8 2
By innocentuniverse

Let me just start off by saying WOW! ha ha :] I can't believe I'm already on chapter 19. I guess I do write a lot lol. Anyways, enough of this. Sorry to waste your time, I was just thinking bout it. So here's you chapter 19!!!!

******************************************************************************************************

Asher and I have now been dating for about a month. A long time I know. It went by really fast and next thing you know, we'll be out of school in about another month. As for right now though, we're on our late April/ early May vacation!

Things have been going pretty smoothly. Every once in a while, I still cry. I mean I am the only one left in my family now. I have a reason to cry. Of course there are relatives of mine still alive. They're just far away in other states. What hurts though is that they know my mother's dead and never even bothered to fly over and see me or maybe even call every once in a while to see if I was okay.

But to me, it didn't matter anymore. I was doing just fine. My birthday had passed and I had gotten tons of presents from my boyfriend, his mom, my best friends, some of the jocks, Eliza, Mr. Jackson, Annabeth, Jannette, Lindsey, and even tons of other random people through out the school.

Asher's mom had surprised me by buying us all a plane ticket to California. Well, her, Asher, Ashley, Logan, and I at least. At the thought of California, I froze. I couldn't go back there! Who knows what would happen? Then again, I did get a restraining order from them. Asher had sent me a warm smile. I agreed, not wanting to be a pain in the ass and make his mom feel bad. If I didn't go, then neither would Ashley or Logan and then that would probably be about two thousand dollars, going to waste.

After she had left, Asher, Ashley, and Logan all reassured me that it was going to be fine. I had a restraining order and one of them would be with me at all times.  I just nodded and tried to tell myself everything would be fine. I mean, by now, I could probably take them on myself.

Ashley and Logan had put their money together to get me a little puppy. It was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and I named her Mia. She was so cute, cuddly, and she loved giving me kisses.

Asher got me a bracelet that you could buy charms to put on it. He had already bought one charm though. It was a silver heart that hung from it and on the back of it, engraved, were the words, 'I Love You, Asher x'. He was worried that I wouldn't like it but I just shook my head, laughing at him, and shut him up by kissing him. I told him I loved the present just like I love him. Sure, we had only dated for 4 weeks but I hadn't felt this way before with anyone.

I got some more stuff like Alex & Ani bracelets, necklaces, money, cards, gift cards, clothes, scarfs, sunglasses, bathing suits, and jewelry.

Tyler even got me a Nike ID pair of high tops. I had laughed and gaven him a big hug when he gave me them while Amy just stood nearby and watched with a disgusted look on her face. I was surprised they were still together.

Logan and Ashley had decided to move in with me at my house. We all pretty much agreed it was a good idea. Ashley could actually sleep, Logan could stop having to worry about her mom telling her to be polite and come back home early and be fancy, and I wouldn't have to be so alone.

Asher also slept over a few times every week, just to be with me. It kind of felt like we were in college and all four of us were roomates except we were housemates and there was a puppy running all over the place.

I felt safe and better than ever with them all. I even got better at piano. Mr. Jackson said he wasn't sure how that was quite possible. I just laughed and smiled. I also ended up winning that competition thing he had told me about. I got a medal, certificate, trophy, and some prize money.

Everything was great. Until today. Today was a day I wish I couldn't remember.

**********************

Since it was really hot and we wanted to make the most of this vacation, Asher, Logan, Ashley, and I all decided to go to the beach, catch some waves, and have fun.

I pulled on the cute bathingsuit and a pair of aviator sunglasses I had bought when I went shopping with Sammy. I smiled in the mirror. I looked cute. My black hair was wavy and fell down to my back perfectly. My belly button ring was exposed and made me look better.

Ten minutes later, we were done at the public beach and noticed that pretty much every kid from our school was there, too. The Barbies, jocks, 'nerds', Annabeth, Jannette, Lindsey, Tyler, Mason. Everyone.

As soon as we walked in, we were mobbed by people. Or at least Asher was. Everyone started crowding around him. I just pulled Logan and Ashley out of it even though Logan was enjoying being close to the center of attention.

As I pulled them out of the crowd, Logan pouted while Ashley gave me a small smile that said 'thanks.'

We went to go join Annabeth and them for a while. We talked about random stuff: what we were going to do this week, how my birthday went, about my puppy Mia, clothes, our bathingsuits, cute guys we saw. Sure, I was dating someone but that didn't keep me from admitting other guys were cute. Plus, I was with my close friends and I'm pretty sure Asher is staring at every girl's ass.

"Want to go get drinks?" Lindsey asked us.

We all agreed and walked together up to the little snack bar on the beach.

We all sat at the bar, spinning around on the stools until we got dizzy, as we waited for our drinks.

When they finally came, we gulped them down within seconds and asked for another round. This time we had a contest. The guy gave us each three little shot cups and filled them. Then he sat back and watched as we started and took them one by one, gulping them down, until we had a winner.

As I gulped down my first one, it burned my throat but I didn't bother waiting. I just grabbed another shot and gulped it before finishing on my last.

I ended up coming in first, Ashley second, Lindsey third, Annabeth fourth, Jannette fifth, and Logan last.

"My throat burns," Logan complained as the guy at the bar stared at us with amused looks before taking care of all our empty shot glasses.

We all laughed. "That's what happens when you take shots," Lindsey said with a smile.

"Yea, well remind me not to again," Logan commented back.

"Oh, come on! You know you had fun," I told her as I poked her in the rib.

"Yeah, yeah," she said rolling her eyes.

Then she asked the guy for a bottle of water. After that, we all walked down to the water and swam around in it, splashing each other.

We were laughing at Annabeth's hair because she did the George Washington when I felt a strong pair of arms pick me up and throw me in the water.

I laughed as I came up. "I'm going to get you-" I started but as my vision cleared, I noticed it had been Tyler, not Asher. I frowned a bit.

"Hey," I said, not trying to sound disappointing.

He just laughed.

"What?" I asked him curious as to what was so hilarious. (haha rhymes ;p)

"I just threw you in the water and you just go 'hey'" he replied, mimicking a girly voice that definitely was not mine. More like Brittany's.

I laughed, too. "Sorry, I just wasn't expecting it to be you, I guess," I told him.

He frowned a bit, too. "Why you don't like me?" he joked.

I poked him in the rib. It hurt. Damn, muscular boys.

"Ow!" I said retreating my finger.

"Oh, well thanks for the feedback!" he said grinning.

"What feedback?" I asked.

"Well I'm trying this new exercise program and I can see it's working," he told me as he pointed at my finger.

I rolled my eyes. "Ha ha. Well when I find out it's broken, I'll make sure I use a chain saw to kill you," I told him.

He opened his mouth to reply when someone shrieked from behind me.

I turned to see Logan staring wide-eyed at something. I turned to see that everyone else had, too.

I froze. This couldn't be happening. But then again, I'm sure it was bound to happen sometime soon. It was only a matter of time. Because there, in the middle of it all, were Asher and Brittany, the head Barbie, making out.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks in anger as I marched forward. Some people noticed and began handing me their cups filled with stuff. I smiled and gladly took them.

When I reached to where they were, I stepped forward as everyone watched in amusement and watched as the cold contents of whatever had been in those cups, poured down their bodies.

Brittany jumped back and shrieked as Asher slowly pulled away, a look of anger in his eyes.

He turned to scream at who had done it but when his eyes landed on me, they went wide and his mouth hung open.

I shook my head. "I should've figured. It was only a matter of time," I told him as I began to walk away.

He grabbed my wrist and spun me back around. "No, Riley... it... it isn't like that! She, she came at me!" he stuttered.

"Do you really think I'm that dumb?" I asked him harshly as I ripped my wrist out of his grip. (rhymes lol) "If she came at you, then I would expect you to step back, push her away or something. Now continue to make out with her!" I yelled.

Everyone stared at us. It was so silent.

"I did! I tried bu she wouldn't-" he began.

"Shut the hell up, Asher! Because I have witnesses here and I know, you know, and they know, that that's not what happened," I retorted.

Brittany was on the side, just complaining about how messed up her clothes were and how the drnks had made her body feel sticky.

I walked away but then turned around towards her.

"That drink, was because of my anger. This, was for kissing my boyfriend," I told her. Before I even knew what I was doing, my hand met her face and there was a loud noise.

"Ahh!" she cried in pain. She turned towards me and glared. "You're going to pay for this!"

"What? Afraid now the boys won't want to get in your pants?" I asked her.

"Well," she said with a smirk, "Asher does."

"Great for him. I'm sure that when your baby comes it'll be very conceited, ugly, fake, mean, and cheater just like you."

And with that I walked away as my friend all followed close behind.

"Riley!" yelled a voice.

I turned to see Mason running towards me.

"Need a ride?" he asked when he reached me.

I hadn't thought of that. I did need a ride. I came here in Asher's car and I sure as hell wasn't going to go home with him!

"Yeah, thanks," I told him.

I said goodbye to Annabeth, Lindsey, and Jannette as gave me sad faces. I then hopped in the passenger seat of Mason's car as Logan and Ashley hopped in the back.

I knew it was too good to be true.

********************************************************************************************************

Author's Note:

Hey, sorry! I was originally going to make this chapter longer but decided not to because if I make it longer than I'll have to wait to finish writing it. So I figured instead I'd give you guys something to read and then whenever I get to write up another chapter, (probably Friday) or idk maybe tomorrow, not sure, I'll do that.

I just want to say sorry again. I know this chapter isnt that good and I apologize for the whole skipping like 4 weeks thing. I just need a good amount of time to skip because I really wanted to write this chapter. This chapter is kind of a filler though. Or at least the beginning.

If it's at all confusing, please let me know and I will explain it to you. I will do my very best to make the next chapter amazing and 100x better!

This is not proof-read or anything so if you see a mistake, please point it out!

Please comment, vote, fan, and eat blue potatoes! :]

Also feel free to message me if you want advice or want to talk. And if you want my Twitter or Tumblr, feel free to message me and ask for those, too.

Anyways, thanks! Love you all! Go do that good stuff!

~writingfreelyxoxo~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 157K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
4M 85.5K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
9.8M 498K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...