Lost

By FairySalvatore

☘ "Maybe sometimes being lost is the best thing that could happen to you, because then you have nothing to lo... More

Introduction ☘
Life Matters ☘
Stardom Issues ☘
Unrealistic Dreams ☘
Realistic Nightmares ☘
Other Side ☘
Monster Within ☘
Selling Soul to the Devil ☘
Of pains and contradictions ☘
Fighting Pain with Pain ☘
Wounds and Questions ☘
Second Chances ☘
Addiction ☘
False Hope ☘
Growing Habits ☘
Destiny's Plan ☘
Making a list ☘
Verge of Insanity ☘
Reason to Stay ☘
Growing Attachment ☘
Living a Contract ☘
Weakening resolve ☘
Scary Feelings ☘
Untold Story ☘
Bidding Farewell ☘
No Choices ☘
Secret Keeper ☘
Good Decision ☘
Dreaded encounter ☘
Happiness Over Pain ☘
Cost of Life ☘
Wishlist ☘
Letting the World know ☘
Climbing Together ☘
Surrender ☘
Castle of Dreams ☘
Song of Hope ☘
Date to Remember ☘
Testing Fate ☘
Duality of Hope ☘

Painful Past ☘

2.2K 205 25
By FairySalvatore

I didn't expect for him to help me so soon but he did. And that just made me respect him even more. He knew most of the things about and I wanted to know about him but I didn't. Why? Because that would mean we were getting closer and it is something I can't afford, not with my numbered breaths anyway.

"Are you stupid?" Jack yelled at me.

I expected his reaction so I just stayed calm. Sam was pretty excited about meeting Jeremy but Jack was displeased because I asked for help from a stranger. But that was the thing about Jeremy, he didn't feel like a stranger.

I can see the same pain in his eyes, I can see the broken parts he refuse to mend just like I did, I could see how he has given up on life even when he had a choice unlike myself and even though he presented himself as Satan, as someone without redemption he was someone with a heart ready to help.

"I trust him," I said and Jack stared at me like I was some lunatic.

"You are joking."

"No Jack, I do trust him and even if you don't, we need to get Sam out. We need to get you out."

"And I will do that by myself."

"Stop doing that Jack. stop taking everything on your shoulder and let others help. Why don't you trust me?"

"I trust you but I don't trust a film star."

"Then you need to." I was breathing heavy know worried at what he might lash out and all plans will go in drain.

"Please," I said in a pleading tone and saw the defeat in his eyes.

"But I am booked for a fight today." He said and I sighed in relief.

"I will take Sam, don't worry."

"I still don't trust him." He grunted.

"Then let them sell me to some vile men." Sam interrupted probably tired of our banter.

That made Jack shut up.

He had taken up the role of the protector and he didn't want any of us to get hurt.

"Okay, we go after today's fight then." He said and I sighed at his adamant demand.

"fine, after the fight then. Anyways it is your last fight." I asked it more like a question.

"We will see." He said and I realized that just like Jeremy, Jack needed to fight for himself.

***

My shift at the charity ended and I pulled out the list from my uniform. The crumpled sheet of paper had few weird things listed and I had no idea what else to add.

Have every flavour of coffee, mend a broken person, Help Sam and Jack in every way, create a beautiful memory.

That is where my list ended, for now.

For some reason, my mind kept ticking at what Kathleen said about falling love but I was too scared to put that on my list. That was a major wish even living sometimes can never fulfill.

I was about to step out when Shawn called out to me.

"Jeremy." He said and handed me over the phone.

He was growing accustomed to this and he was our only source of connection now.

"Yes," I said in a softer tone.

A week ago he called me up to let me know that he found a job for Sam. But it took that long for Jack to see sense or should I say in that week, few men came to take away Sam but Jack knocked them out cold.

"Bring your friend today." He said in a serious tone.

"Why, miss me much?" I asked lightly.

"I am coming for a fight today and  will pick you up then."

"I will be there," I told him hoping that this was not a fight between Jack and Jeremy again.

"Okay." He answered and hung up.

He needed to make better conversations and I planned to tell him when I meet him.

***

Jack was fighting someone named the Shark. I couldn't let Jack and Jeremy fought now that I knew both of them. Shark was new on the scene and he was an easy win but what was unexpected was that Shark was brutal. He didn't let Jack touch him and hit with ferocity.

Even when Jack was fighting with Jeremy, he was not beaten this much. Not only Shark was venting out his anger on Jack he fought with strategy. His punches were all on the mark that made Jack weaker with each hit. 

By the time they reached the half point. Jack was bleeding while Shark was minutely injured.

Crowd cheers shifted from Jack to Shark because they could see where to bet their money now.

Sam looked mortified.

By the end of the fight, some men had to help Jack out of the stands and we followed them to the lockers. They didn't let us in till he was being mended which made Sam worry to the extreme. She was chewing off her nails and tapping her foot, her sign of anxiousness.

"Who the hell was that guy?" She asked angrily.

"We need to get Jack out from here. If Reynald's men find out that he is injured we will not be safe Sam." I was thinking from another perspective.

Hollering of the crowd told me that another fight was starting, "I have to go. Let me know as soon as they are letting us go inside."

I saw her open her mouth but I ran away before she could stop me. My head was searing with pain since I already endured one fight and now I was going to watch another. The next fight was between Satan and another fighter I missed whatever his name was.

I know like he did, like a habit we both grew into. His eyes found mine in the crowd and I just looked at him for that passing second.

The fight started and ended before we could blink. It was already stupid to challenge a royal and the guy who did that now lay unconscious with mere three punches from Jeremy. But I felt pity for him since he went against Satan and it might have been for some reason since he clearly didn't have any skills.

Satan went back to the lockers with the crowd cheering for him and I followed. But before I could follow him I needed to tell Sam. I was not going to tell him his double persona as Satan because Satan and Jack already had an ill-fated meeting. 

Before I could reach Sam, someone grabbed my hand on the locker doors rather sharply. I turned to bark out few curse words and try to act all strong but I faltered when I saw Shark standing there.

"Excuse me," I said totally scared for some reason.

"Hello, punching bag." He said those words with his mask own.

But a tremble of fear ran all over me. My heart beat increased and I was in the immediate panic mode.

I know very well who called me punching bag, Reggie, Reginald my cruel foster brother.

I swear I was frozen at the spot, I couldn't breathe and I know I was going in a panic attack because I was trying hard to breathe but it was not possible, something was stopping me.

I wanted to yell at him to me let me go or kick him but I was paralyzed.

"It seemed like you missed me, you are speechless with joy." He sneered and took off his mask.

He has grown up alright but there was the resemblance that I couldn't miss and then there was that scar from the knife on his forehead that I left on the night I ran away from home.

He was here right outside from my nightmares, I blinked my eyes, again and again, hoping he would disappear and I will wake up but he stayed.

"It is time to go back home Maureen." He said those dreaded words and then is when I felt the warm tear trickle down my eyes.

I gasped finally realising I could breathe again, painfully but I could breathe.

"G-get l-lost Reggie." I fumbled with my words.

He smirked in an almost evil manner.

"So you do remember me?" 

Of course, I did. After all the horrors you inflicted on me, your mother, your sister how can I forget you? You haunt me even in my dreams.

"You remember we have your legal custody." He reminded.

"And now I am an adult." I amazed myself at getting these words out without shaking.

He looked downright outraged at me and I kept praying silently for this torture to end.

"Let her go." And prayers were answered as his voice cascaded in warm waves all over me and immediately my nerves relaxed.

"Fuck off buddy, not your matter. She is family." He said and I felt disgusted to how could he even call me family after he tried to sell me off to his boss when he couldn't pay his debt.

"Let. Her. Go." Jeremy said in a scary calm tone and he stepped forward.

But Reggie stood his ground, his fingers tight on my wrist.

"Please." I looked at Jeremy begging with all my will tears rolling down freely now.

I felt like a coward in that moment but that is how I felt, scared.

Jeremy with mask had an aura of danger around and as he closed in Reggie's hold on my hand loosened.

And next thing I know, Jeremy was holding on to his neck. Reggie was strong, I just saw him beat Jack to a pulp but I had no idea Jeremy was stronger.  He was choking Reggie as he warned him, "Stay away from her or I will crush your bones to pieces."

Jeremy was scary in that moment, he was the monster he called himself, he was the killer that he once had to be but I just felt safe as Reggie stepped back coughing, his eyes red due to all the choking. His eyes held mine for a moment in silent promise, I will be back.

And as he left, everything inside me crumbled, all my energy has gone as I fell into Jeremy's arm blacking out yet again.

☘ ☘ ☘

So past has to crash back sometime soon, here it is! Since things are going to get more intense, I hope you would read ahead for all the trouble that is to come :D

Hope this chapter was fine since I wrote in stomach pain :(

AAAAND..... I am planning to leave a little preview or summary or cover whatever you choose of new book CURSEBREAKER ... on my facebook page :)

For link check my profile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

636 4 15
She hated him for the past, but he hated her for the present. When Jordan Whittle was forced to listen in on her father's meeting, she never expected...
52.5K 1.4K 33
Please read. When Ben Valor and his daughter Emelia are forced to leave the burning remains of their world behind, how will they cope with a new one...
702 23 22
Louisa isn't like the others. She does not have friends to take home after school. She doesn't even go to school. After her condition got this worse...
1.2K 66 18
**COMPANION TO MY LOST LOVE** Kendall Williams' life was perfect in everyone's eyes. She had a perfect boyfriend, she was on the dance and cheer team...