They don't care like I do

By annemaliene

After battle of Hogwarts 8th year I've changed some things and kept some characters alive feel free to comme... More

2
3
4
5
Miss matched bit (storeroom)
6

1

25 0 0
By annemaliene

Beep beep beep beep-Harry rolled over and turned off his alarm, with a clumsy first and second attempt. He shoved his face in his pillow and screamed as loud as he could. He definitely wasn't ready for the year ahead. He panted into his pillow for a while, to get his breath back and reached out for his black, square framed glasses. 9:34am Fuck this, Harry thought as he grabbed a towel and headed for his shower, turned the radio on and sang his heart out to a Queen song.

It was now 10:46am and Harry had to board the Hogwarts express in less than 15 minutes. He was contemplating going back to bed and ditching the thought of going back to school. The worst thing Harry could think about, was going back to school. He didn't want to put up with all the rumours and fan clubs and he didn't want to go back to the battlefield but he was excited to see Hermione and Ron.

Harry sighed as he packed last set of books and looked around his house, which he had inherited (12 Grimmauld place) as he walked towards the door. Harry had memories of the order, for the short time he was apart of it, stored in his brain which he couldn't let go of. Memories he didn't want in his nightmares but somehow they made Harry's life hell while he lived like a zombie, with little sleep. 10:57am, "okay I really have to go now." Harry said to himself. He apparated to the train station, because he was now 18 and allowed to do magic outside of Hogwarts. He pulled his hood on and boarded the train, his bags already packed into the luggage compartment.

Walking around the old reggety train, Harry realised there was a considerable amount familiar faces missing from the train. Maybe their parents didn't let them come back, I don't blame them. I wouldn't come back if I didn't have- Harry was yanked out of his thoughts when a hand pulled his shoulder into a full compartment. Harry stumbled, as the force had surprised him, and he was flat on his back, staring up at 5 mischievous smirks. "Potter! How nice of you to, arh... drop in." Blaise Zabini said and flashed a sarcastic smile. Harry sat up and brought his knees up to his chest. "Okay guys, you all know how very much I enjoy your company," Harry said sarcastically, "but I don't have time for your shit today." He continued and went to exit the compartment as he stood, but Vincent Crabbe stood in front of the door before Harry could get to it. "Why the hurry potter? You know this is an 8 hour train ride, I'm sure you can spare 5 minutes." Pansy Parkinson fluttered her eye lashes in an attempt to look sweet, but failed miserably. Harry sighed. "I'm not getting out of here until then am I?" Harry asked. There were a few 'nopes' and head shakes to answer his question, so he rolled his eyes and took a seat in between Draco Malfoy and Pansy.

Blaise and Daphne Greengrass were across from Harry on the other seat and Crabbe was still guarding the door, incase Harry decided to make a run for it.
"So, we heard you swing for the other team Potter." Blaise said with a trademark Slytherin smirk. Harry folded his arms sat back in his chair. "Why do you need to know? Is that going to be a problem Zabini?" Harry asked with a fair amount of sass. Pansy scowled from beside him and Daphne spoke for the first time, "don't think you're special potter, you aren't the only gay person in here." She said and raised her eyebrows. Harry's head immediately shot to Crabbe, suspecting him to be the other gay one. Crabbe death glared Harry. "It's not me you twit." Crabbe spat at Harry. Harry snorted and hid his face in his hands. He then looked up at Blaise, and. Blaise shook his head to indicate that is wasn't him. Pansy sifted her weight and Harry turned his head to look at Draco. Draco raised an eyebrow at Harry. "Ding ding ding." Draco chimed with a bored, kinda annoyed expression. "Well you hadn't insulted me or hexed since I've been here so I kinda just forgot about you." Harry shrugged. "How did you even find out?" Harry circled back to Blaise, Harry hadn't even told Ron and Hermione. "I have connections." Blaise stated.

Harry went to stand up and head to the door. "Well, as always it's been a pleasure, Zabini, Parkinson, Greengrass, Malfoy. Crabbe." but Crabbe wouldn't budge from the door so Harry grabbed his face and kissed him right on the lips. Crabbe was gobsmacked enough to let Harry push him out of the way. When Harry turned around to close the doors his eyes locked with Draco's dull grey ones and winked, which made Draco blush.

Harry walked off with his hands in his pockets, amused with himself. But of course he couldn't tell Ron or Hermione. Ron's whole family didn't talk to Charlie for 3 years after he had told them he was gay, so Harry expected Ron to flip out and Hermione would tell Ron anyway. Harry decided to keep it a secret with the Slytherins, which Harry really didn't expect to be a secret for long. Harry looked in each compartment he passed and he was getting to the end of the train with so sign of Hermione and Ron.

In the very last compartment, he found Neville, Seamus and Dean. Harry slid open the door, he was greeted by each one. "Hey Guys, have you seen Ron and Hermione?" Harry asked as he turned to close the door and went to sit down. "Narh, I haven't seen 'em. Sorry Harry." Seamus said. "They aren't on the train?" Neville asked. Harry shook his head in reply. "Hermione was like this in second year, when you and Ron missed the train." Dean chimed in. Harry's eyes lit up. "Maybe they just apparated to Hogsmead and walked to Hogwarts!" Harry exclaimed. "Yeah" Dean said encouragingly.

The rest of the trip consisted of stories about the past year, though no one brought up the War, I guess it wasn't really needed. They were all changed into our robes by the time they got off the train. A lot of the students were as confused when they saw the Threastals, like Harry had been when he first saw them when no one else could. Carriages were full of excited and scared children and the threastals got attention which they were not used to but accepted anyway. The sky was dark and cloudy, Harry could see the bright lights of Hogwarts on top of the hill. No flashbacks or black outs just yet, so far so good.

There was a normal amount of kids attending Hogwarts this year from each year group except the 8th years. There were 28. And in those 28 there was no Ron or Hermione. Harry was fidgeting in his seat at the dining hall, looking at the door every time someone came in. He was worried about his best friends, wondering if they had been hurt or kidnapped or...killed. Stop Harry, they're not dead. "Hey, you alright Harry?" Neville put his arm on Harry's shoulder in attempt to settle him down a bit. Harry nodded but that didn't convince Neville. "I'm sure they'll show up." Neville said and flashed Harry a smile.

"Quiet!" McGonagall gathered the attention of every pair of eyes, with one word. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts" there was calm applause. "This year is a new beginning, which comes with new opportunities which you shall all take upon yourself to learn to the best of your ability. There has been a few changes made to the castle during the repairs. The Slytherins now live in the East wing, Ravenclaws in the West wing, Hufflepuff in the North wing and Gryffindor will be in the South wing. The 8th years who have come back to complete their 7th year, will be staying in the old Slytherin dorms in the dungeons as there is not enough room to house 8 years in each house." McGonagall held her hands in front of her as she continued. "Welcome 1st years and let us begin the feast." There was applause and everyone stuffed their faces with food. Everyone except Harry, who sat still in his seat and stared at the door. Waiting for Ron and Hermione, who never came.

Neville, Dean, Seamus and Harry headed down to the dungeons just after everyone left. Harry wanted to stay behind just incase Hermione and Ron came. Maybe they just
didn't want to come back this year. Harry was the only one who knew where he was going but the others had never been down here, without Harry they would've gotten lost. They finally reached the old Slytherin dungeon and McGonagall had everyone in a group, outside the door.

"-And as you know each house has a head teacher but I will be the head teacher for the 8th years." She called out names for people to come up and receive their schedules. Harry listened out for Ron and Hermiones name but they were never said. McGonagall continued. "The girls rooms are down that hallway and boys are down the other." She said pointing to opposite sides of the common room. "You will know which room you are in when you get to it. Now everyone get a good nights rest, breakfast starts at 8:15am." She turned and left while everyone groaned about the early start tomorrow.

"How are we gonna know what room we're in?" Dean questioned. "No clue." Answered Seamus. "Let's, somehow go find our rooms, I need to write a letter to Hermione." Harry said, he was now pissed off that Ron and Hermione didn't tell him that they apparently decided not to come back to Hogwarts.

Once the boys were up stairs, they figured out that your name was on the door of the room you're in. Dean and Seamus were in a room with Vincent Crabbe. Neville was grouped with Theo Nott and another Hufflepuff boy named Fletcher. Then to Harry's luck, he was with Blaise Zabini and Draco Malfoy. Great. He thought.

Harry took a deep breath and headed in. "Potter, we're roomies!" Was the first this Harry heard, Blaise looked like he was actually excited about it. Harry just smiled sarcastically in reply. He noticed that his bed was in the middle, it was the only red one, the other two were green. The floor was carpeted, which made the room feel more cozy. The whole room was black, green and red, but mostly black there were three cupboards on the opposite wall, in line with each bed and another door on the other side of the room. "What's that door for?" Harry asked pointing at the mysterious door. "That's a bathroom potter," Blaise said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "have you never had a toilet in your room?" He asked. Harry shook his head and headed over to the bathroom. Draco and Blaise looked at Harry with suspicion. "What have you been living in a cupboard all your life?" Draco asked as a joke, Harry froze for a second and turned around to answer, "pretty much, yeah." Harry answered. He was amused at the two gaping boys. "Wait, what do you mean you actually slept in a cupboard?" Blaise asked, walking closer to Harry as he was checking out the, also black, bathroom. Harry simply nodded and indicated that the discussion was over.

Draco and Blaise were talking about stuff Harry didn't care about, so wrote his letter to Hermione.

Hermione

Thank you so very much for informing me that you wouldn't be attending Hogwarts this year. I only just survived survived an 8 hour train ride that consisted of worrying about where the hell you and Ron were. Now I'm stuck in a dorm with princess Malfoy and Blaise Zabini.

-Harry

Harry took a walk up to the owlery to drop off the letter and went back to his dorm. He took a nice hot shower and passed out in his bed, god it's been a bloody long day.

First chapter done, hope you enjoyed it
Feel free to comment and point out any mistakes I made, as I will try to fix them. Hope you like my story!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 21.9K 78
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
167K 4.9K 51
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
138K 2.7K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.1M 61.5K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...