Stranger Not So Danger

By rosegolden_

"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to k... More

Chapter 1 ~ An Unlikely Encounter
Chapter 2 ~ Fish Face
Chapter 3 ~ Texting Buddies
Chapter 4 ~ Friends
Chapter 5 ~ The Perfect Date: Dinner...
Chapter 6 ~ ...and a Movie
Chapter 7 ~ Better Than I Expected
Chapter 8 ~ Old Friends
Chapter 9 ~ Said too Soon...
Chapter 10 ~ Playing With Feelings
Chapter 11 ~ Some Explaining To Do
Chapter 12 ~ Diner Date
Chapter 13 ~ Just Like Animals
Chapter 14 ~ Doggie Duty
Chapter 15 ~ Home
Chapter 16 ~ Prepping
Chapter 17 ~ Will You Be...
Chapter 18 ~ Nervous
Chapter 19 ~ Surprise!
Chapter 20 ~ Survivor
Chapter 21 ~ Not Lucky, Blessed
Chapter 23 ~ Half a Winner
Chapter 24 ~ Thank You
Chapter 25 ~ Volunteer
Chapter 26 ~ Trust
Chapter 27 ~ Misconceptions
Chapter 28 ~ Heartbroken
Chapter 29 ~ Silence
Chapter 30 ~ Talking Through the Pain
Chapter 31 ~ I Hope You Remember
Chapter 32 ~ I'm Okay
Chapter 33 ~ Finally
Chapter 34 ~ Good & Bad
Chapter 35 ~ Decisions
Chapter 36 ~ Ready?
Chapter 37 ~ You're My Inspiration
Chapter 38 ~ New Beginnings
New Book!

Chapter 22 ~ Only You

3.5K 134 11
By rosegolden_

We got out of the truck and walked through the parking lot to get to the indoor mall.

"Do you want something to eat?" Jake asked me.

"Okay, can we go look in the food court?" I responded.

"Sure." he said while turning to the right to enter the food court.

"Any place you want to eat?" I asked, not really sure of what I wanted to eat or where. But, I was sure of one thing. I'm really hungry.

"How about Panda Express?" he said, pointing to Panda at the end of the food court.

"Okay." I said.

"How 'bout you go find a table and I'll order our food. It that okay?" he asked.

"Sure, I want a chicken mushroom bowl with white rice please." I told him.

He nodded while walking to the other end of the food court.

I looked around and started to realize that most of the tables were already taken.

I walked around a little more and finally found a table with two seats at each end.

"Perfect." I said in my head as I walked to the table and sat down.

I took my phone out of my pocket and started scrolling.

"Hmm, look who we have here." I heard a voice say.

I pulled my attention away from my phone and looked up to see two guys around my age standing on the other side of the table.

"Now, what's a pretty girl like you doing here by yourself?" one of them said, sitting down across from me while the other one continued to stand.

"My...my boyfriend went to go get us food, he'll be coming back soon." I stuttered.

"Sure, okay. Now why don't you stop lying and come walk around the mall with us?" the guy standing up said.

"No thanks." I said turning my attention back to my phone.

"Aw, come on, have a little fun. I'm Toby, and that's Derek. Just come walk with us."

"I said, no." I told them furrowing my eyebrows in frustration.

Can they not take a hint?!

"Is everything okay?" I heard a familiar voice ask from behind me.

I turned around to see Jake standing there with a tray of our food in his hands.

Thank goodness Jake came.

"Yea, can't a guy talk to a girl?" the one named Toby said.

"I don't really think this girl wants to talk to you." Jake said in response to his snarky comment.

"And how would you know that?" Derek butted in.

"Because my girlfriend doesn't like talking to strangers. And she would've left if I didn't ask her to save us a table." Jake said.

The word girlfriend rolled off his tongue like there was nothing to it. Sure, we're official, but this is the first time I heard him say it.

"And what if we don't want to?" Derek replied.

Jake placed the tray down on the table and walked closer to them.

In comparison, Jake was at least half a foot taller than them.

"Would you like to find out?" Jake said while towering over them.

"C'mon man, let's just go." Toby said to Derek.

"Good choice." Jake said while Toby got out of the chair and walked away with Derek.

Jake took the seat that was rightfully his in the first place and smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" I said.

"Man, all these guys want my girl. It's hard to fight them off." he said with a smirk.

"Be quiet. They were just being jerks. That's all." I responded.

"Did they compliment you on anything? Did they call you pretty?" he said.

"Well, yes, but..."

"Ha! Then they were flirting. End of story." Jake cut me off.

"Whatever, let's just eat." I said grabbing my food off the tray.

"Good idea." he replied, grabbing his plate off the tray as well.

"Oh, and I bought a drink for us to share." he said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"A Sobe Yumberry Pomegranate." he responded.

"How did you know that's my favorite?" I asked, knowing I didn't tell him about that before.

"Because I'm an amazing boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

"Fine, that's my favorite too. I just hoped you'd like it too. And I guess my prediction was pretty good." he replied.

"You sound like you're in biology class." I teased.

We both let out a chuckle and then continued eating our food.

About 20 minutes later, we both finished eating our food and Jake was scrolling through his phone. He finished his food faster than me. I guess I'm just a slow eater.

"So, where do you wanna go?" Jake asked.

"Can we go to Macy's real quick? I want to buy a pair of jeans so that it will match with your hoodie I'm gonna wear tonight."

"Sure, let's go." he said, getting up from his chair and waiting for me to get up as well.

We passed the trash can, where we threw away our food rubbish and placed the tray at the top of it.

We then walked towards the escalator hand and hand to get to Macy's.

I knew I wanted to go to the second floor to buy my stuff, so we got off the escalator and walked to the right to enter Macy's.

When we got into the store, I looked around to find the juniors section.

When I finally spotted the red sign hanging from the ceiling, I turned around and started walking in that direction.

"Woah, slow down tiger." Jake said to me.

I guess I was walking a little too fast and turned in all different directions.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay, I'll go as slow or as fast as you want me to." he said and then winked.

"You're such a dork." I said.

"Are you okay to go look at clothes by yourself? I'm gonna go walk around." Jake asked me.

"Yea sure. I'll call you when I'm done." I responded.

"Okay." he said and then walked off to let me shop alone.

I went to look at the racks and browse around.

I came across a rack of jeans and went to look over there.

I came across a pair of light wash jeans, and pulled them out. They were really nice, a few rips in the knees and cuffed at the bottom.

I pulled out a size a little too big, so I put it back and then shuffled through the racks to find the right size for me.

About a few pairs down, I found a pair that was my size, so I decided to try them on.

I made my way to the dressing room and tried the pants on.

They fit pretty well, not too loose or too tight. I decided I would get this pair, so I put my other pants on and gathered my things to go pay.

I pulled out my phone and called Jake.

*Ring*Ring*Ring*

Hi, this is Jake from Snake Farm! Just kidding, but you have called Jake Levi. Sorry I couldn't get to your call, but please leave a message at the beep.

His ringtone is so corny, it made me chuckle a little. I hung up the phone. Where is he?

I decided to just walk to the register and pay, and then find him after.

As I was walking to the register, someone hugged me from behind and yelled "BOO!"

I let out a little shriek, and then the familiar voice started to laugh.

"Jake!" I turned around to face him. "What did I tell you about scaring me?!" I said to him.

"Aw, daisy, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" he said, actual concern evident on his face.

"Yes, I'm fine. Don't scare me anymore, though. I really don't like it." I responded.

"Okay, I'm sorry daisy." he said.

He cupped my face with his hands and gave me a quick kiss. I returned it, and then we walked to the register.

A spunky looking blonde, probably no older than 25 was behind the counter.

She had her short curled hair up in a high ponytail, and her name tag read 'Mandy'.

"Hi, how was your shopping?" she asked while taking my pair of jeans and scanning the tag.

"It was good, thank you." I responded.

She hadn't looked up to talk to me since she was too busy removing the security tag from the jeans.

"Do you have a rewards card?" she questioned, still looking down.

"Um, no I don't." I responded.

"Would you like to start one?" she asked, typing stuff on the screen.

"No thanks." I responded.

"Okay, so your total is $25.36 ma'am. Cash or car...." she finally looked up and noticed Jake looking at the Godiva chocolates placed on the counter.

He saw her looking at him, so he smiled politely and then started looking at the chocolates again.

"Ca-cash or card?" she asked me again while still phased from looking at my boyfriend.

"Cash," I said, handing her $26.

She took the bills from my hand, and then took out change from the register.

"64 cents is your change." she said, smiling at my boyfriend, again!

"Okay babe, ready to go?" I asked.

"Yup," he responded with a smirk, and I intertwined my fingers with his.

"Wow, we're on baby and babe now?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"Well, I mean, she was practically drooling over you, I had to do something." I responded.

"Are you jealous?" he asked me.

"N-no. I'm just, concerned. That's all." I said, trying to defend my case.

"Well, baby, I have eyes for you and only you." he said while lifting up my hand which also had my bracelet on it and kissed it.

I smiled in reassurance.

"So, ready to go?" he asked me.

"Yup, let's go win you a basketball game."

Hello my beautiful, wonderful, fantastic daisies! How was this chapter? It wasn't anything super exciting, but did you guys swoon when Jake came to help Lindsey? I know I did when I was writing it.

Early update because I'm jam packed tomorrow with stuff. So, I hope you liked it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 275 56
"You're supposed to be my best friend, but all I can think about is kissing you again." TEDDY: I somehow got stuck in the unfortunate "one of the guy...
Nothing to lose By H

Teen Fiction

266K 7.4K 39
My best friend Greyson McNamara and I have been partners in crime for a while now. Pranks, sneaking out to go to parties, joy riding in our parents'...
2K 87 30
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
3.7K 401 56
"Why do you always avoid my questions?" "I'm not, it's just that there's nothing to say. Who would ever want to date someone they can't even talk to...