Running Scared

By spaghetti000cheese

A love like no other: book 1 Highest rank : #1 in vampire (21/1) #1 - WINNER of The craze Awards 2017 #2 - WI... More

1. Running scared
2. Woods
3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.
4.New Beginning
5. Taken
Author's note
6. Locked in New Hell
7. The party - part I
8. The party- part II
9. Hidden powers
10. Jealous
11. Mine
12. Memories
13. Never gonna hate you
14. Tears
15. Leverage to take me out.
16. Blood red rose
17. Exquisite
18. Revisiting the Past
19. Missing
20. Scary eyes.
21.Everything changed. Everything but my heart.
22. Friend or foe?
23. Second chance.
24. Gifts.
25. Compulsion
26. My first and last one.
27. The soup
28. Should I trust him?
29. Jewel
30. Wards
31. With my life.
32. Couldn't ask for more.
33. Who are you?
34. Candles
35. Incomplete Song.
36. Insane
37. Priceless
38. The voice
39. Queen
40. Heart beat.
41. Decision
42. Gem and ring.
43. Beautifully Tainted.
44. Soul.
45. Like and Love
46. When the time is right
47. Secrets
48. Colours
49. Bow down or Punishment
50. Numb
51. Good and bad.
52. Beast.
53. Destruction
54. Map
55. Broken promises. Shattered heart.
56. Nutella
57. Change
58. Smell
59. Toddler
60. Game on.
61. Mine Forever.
62. Bonjour
63. Love destroys.
Azazel
64. Everything is a lie
65. Turning soft.
66. Break
67. True love
68. Missing him.
69. One last time.
70. Reasons
71. Please.
73. Falling in love.
74. Tricked
75. Song
Icy Rose
76. Uncountable.
77. Taste
78. 12 Nails.
79. Avenge.
80. Possessive
81. Your loving Mother.
82. Redemption
83. Beginning of the end.
84. Fun.
85. Dirty.
86. I'll give you war.
87. Bony Fingers
88. Happy Stories
Epilogue I: Gold Rose
Epilogue II: Forever And Everafter.
Flying Freed

72. Eradicate.

37.8K 1.8K 728
By spaghetti000cheese

So so sorry for late updates.

Alec's P.O.V

I ran through the forest with her in my arms, not breathing at all.

I was barely sane to do anything but I have to keep it together. All these mixed emotions of hurt, love and betrayal were tearing the walls of my mind trying to make me go insane. She is the only thing that's making me move forward.

I have to save her or else I will die. As simple as that.

I reached the address given to me and climbed the stairs of the building leaving behind a trail of her blood. It was rather a modern one but out in nowhere.

She had started bleeding from her nose and mouth as well making me go more crazy if possible. I wanted to rip my heart out for not reaching to her in time. I wanted to kill myself for ever entering in her life.

No no, concentrate! You need to save her. You need to save yourself and the key to save yourself is her beating heart.

My beast said and I calmed down relatively.

I still had my doubts on him.

I reached the penthouse and tried to come in from the open door.

But I couldn't.

"Invite me in you dumbass!" I shouted at her brother.

"I can't believe I'm letting a vampire come into my house. Come in bloodsucker!" He said and I wanted to capacitate him right there.

"Idiot you have to do it by taking my name along with it!" I yelled at him.

"For the love of God! Come in Alec Kincaid!" He shouted and I rushed upstairs to the room on my left.

I went in amd laid her down on the bed gently while trying to staunch her bloodflow.

"How long can you keep her alive?" I asked him as he entered the room.

"You need to come up with some sort plan and that also fast. My powers cannot keep her heart beating forever. Even though my powers are beyond your comphresnsion, they cannot heal her. We have only few hours left." He said seriously and my hope of saving her started to deter.

No! I can't lose hope.

"Let me think--"

Doorbell rang and we both went on hunter mode.

Did that Gil-f**king-fred follow me?

"Don't tell me that you gave my address to someone else." Her brother said and I shook my head.

I went downstairs and opened the door, ready to rip that bastard's heart out but I stopped myself.

"Where in the hell is she?" Caroline shouted as she came in with teary face and red eyes.

"I swear to God if something happened to her then I'll kill you--"

"How did you know where I was? Did someone follow you?" I asked her sternly.

"Never ask a witch how she knows where a person is located. Where is Elisa? Because when I went back I found a dead vampire inside and no sign--"

"Dead vampire?" I asked.

"Yes, Golden blond hair and pale blue eyes."  She said and I gasped.

No! Not him. It can't be Adam!

"Where is she? I have a bad feeling about this. Take me to her!" Caroline cried.

"She's not breathing but she is alive. Her heart is beating because John is channelling his powers into her. Caroline I need your help." I said desperately.

"Tell me what to do. I will do anything." She said as I took her upstairs.

As she entered the room, she gasped. "Elisa!" She screetched and went to her.

"Wake up Elisa! You promised me you'd be safe, you promosed to come back home! Wake up!... do something! She's not breathing!" She shouted at John and me as more tears fell out of my eyes.

"I'm giving her my powers to keep her heart beating but we need to think of something else to heal her. I can't hold much longer. She's slowly slipping from my grasp." He said as beads of perspiration dotted on his forehead.

"Caroline, you're a witch! Tell me you're a healer one." I exclaimed at her.

She looked back at me, "No, I'm not a healer witch. They are very rare and the last one was spotted centuries ago. I can't do anything to heal her!" She cried and again my hope deterre again.

"Wait... Alec you can save her! You're her mate! Give her your blood!" She exclaimed.

"I can't. My blood will not be enough to heal her major wounds without turning her. And I don't know what will happen to her if I turn her because she's not a human." I said dejectedly.

"Then blood bound her to you! You both are mates! You can both share pain! Blood bound her and take all her wounds away." She shouted.

My eyes widened and I looked at the love of my life laying there on the bed barely alive but the only thing keeping me alive.

How can I do this to her?

How can I blood bound her to me! A monster? She wanted me out of her life and I will be doing the exact opposite if I do this. I wanted nothing more that to give her each and everything she desired and the only thing she desired was for me to get out of her life.

"I can't. As soon as I heal her, I'm gonna eradicate myself from her life. If I blood bound her to me then it will be permanent. No one will be able to break the bond and she wants me out of her life. I can't do that to her." I said as the thought of me leaving her stabbed my heart with an invisible silver knife.

"Cut the bullshit Alec! Her life is on line. I don't have the magic to heal her and neither can this man keep her heart beating forever. This is the only way. Come here and give her your blood right now." She yelled at me but one thing caught my mind.

Magic.

Yes, of course!

"I don't need to blood bound her to me! I can heal her with my blood without making any bond." I said as sudden hope surged throughout my body.

"What how?" Both John and Caroline asked at the same time.

"Caroline, I need you to channel your powers to me for sometime. They will run through my blood and the magic will heal her by minimal usage of my blood. It won't turn her." I said as I went towards Elisa.

"But how? I'm not a healer and you're a vampire. I can't channel my powers to a vampire. I can only do that with another witch..." She said and then stopped as her eyes widened.

"Oh my God! Don't tell me--"

"I'm a half witch Caroline."

"My mother was a witch and my father was a human. So yes, magic runs through my blood but not as much as you once I became a vampire but it does a little. That's why I'm stronger than other vampires and have multiple sets of powers. Channel me your powers and I'll give her my blood. This is the only way Caroline. I can't blood bound her to me because her blood practically calls to me, I fear I won't be able to stop and because I'm a monster, who Elisa doesn't deserve at all. Now come." I said extending my hand forward.

I can do this. Elisa has to live.

She came forward, "Take as much as you want but make sure she lives." She said looking in my eyes and I nodded my head.

"Whatever you want to do, please do it fast. She's going away, slipping from my powers." John said as he grinded his teeth and held Elisa's hand tightly.

I took Elisa's hand in mine and held out my right hand to Caroline. She gripped my hand, "I don't know how to do this. How do I give you my powers?" She asked.

"Just relax and focus on spreading all your powers on your hand. Imagine them running through you blood and to your hand and then release them, I'll do it from there. Just a tip, once I pull in your powers, it's gonna hurt like hell." I said giving her the warning to brace herself.

She nodded her head and closed her eyes.

Her power came into my hand and I called it in, she screamed.

She was very powerful as I shifted her power to my left hand and bit my wrist.

She kept screaming but didn't let go.

I removed my jacket from Elisa's neck and immediately poured few drops of my blood on her neck. Her fresh blood was calling onto me again as I retracted my fangs. Her skin mended, stitching itself up and became as it was before.

I waited for few seconds, "Why is she not breathing yet?" I asked John.

He looked somewhat relaxed, "Believe me she will. Her hold is a little strong again. I can feel it. Heal her." He said wiping the sweat on his forehead.

"No, we have to wait till she starts breathing. I don't want to take the risk of her turning." I said as I stopped calling Caroline power in.

She took deep breaths, "You... you didn't... say it would feel like ripping your flesh... off." She said panting.

"I'm sorry but it's the only way." I said as I tucked Elisa's hair behind her ear and grazed her cheek in my hand.

I wonder how I fell in love not knowing what it was in the first place. I--

Suddenly she pulled in a deep breath as her eyes momentarily opened and then closed again.

"She's breathing!" We all exclaimed at the same time.

"Caroline whenever you're ready." I said to her. I need to consider her as well. Though she may be powerful her body was not. It was still human. And I can't let anything happen to Elisa's loved ones.

"I am." She linking her hand in mine again.

I opened Elisa's top where he stabbed her at the side of stomach and cursed that bastard again. He can never imagine what I am gonna do with him once I save her.

I took her powers and bit my wrist again and dropped little of my blood on her wound. Just like the neck wound, it sealed up and became new again.

Caroline fell down on her knees and started panting again, "I'm so sorry for what I'm putting through Caroline. Just one last time and then we'll be done." I said rubbing her back.

"Just... just a... minute." She whispered.

I looked back at Elisa to see that she was breathing slowly at intervals and I thanked God.

"I'm ready." Caroline said and gave her hand to me again. I felt bad for using her like this but I have to. I will do anything to make sure that my littleone is safe. Anything.

"John turn her slowly on her back." I said as John turned Elisa and I called Caroline's powers in me one last time and bit my wrist again.

For each slash, each wound he would pay the price. I'm gonna tear him from limb to limb, bone to bone, skin to skin and I'm gonna repeat this over so many times that he will wish to rip his own heart out by himself but I'll be there everytime to save him and increase the duration of his punishment.

I poured my blood on her back where he stabbed her and sighed as her wound healed.

I looked at Caroline whose nose had started bleeding because of me and offered her my hand, "Take it. You'll feel normal again." I said as she looked at my extended hand with wide eyes.

"No, thanks. I'll be alright. But Alec there's  still a wound on her head." She reminded me looking at Elisa.

"I need to remove the glass pieces first. It's okay, go take rest. I'll heal her." I assured her as she wiped off her blood.

"She's alright. She's holding on her own." John said releasing her hand I sighed in relief.

She's going to be okay. She's not leaving me.

But I will once she wakes up.

"Why is she looking so pale? Her lips are blue. I can give you more power Alec but please save her. I'm perfectly fine." She said barely standing on her own.

"She has lost a lot of blood Caroline. We need to give her a blood transfusion. Do you happen to have any O+ type Blood bags here John?" I asked him.

"No, but I can arrange it. I will bring it till the time you remove the shrads from her head. Kid why don't you go and sleep in the other room." John said to Caroline.

"I'm not a kid." Caroline said.

"Call me if you need me." She said and left the room.

"I'll be right back." He said and left as well.

I took Elisa in my arms and went into the bathroom connected to the bedroom. I sat down on the edge of the tub with her in my lap sideways and kept her head on my chest gently as I picked up a towel and held it under water.

I removed the first shrad, "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry for not believing you. But don't worry Elisa. I'll make each wrong right. I shouldn't have left you alone. I'm so sorry." I said removing another shrad.

Blood flowed down hand as I removed more pieces.

But why does Gil-f**king-fred wanted to kill Elisa? Or me? She will never do anything to harm anyone. Heck she even saves lives of plants. What is it that he wants with her death?

It doesn't matter. No reason will be enough for what he did to the love of my life. If it was me, then I would've gladly accepted the stake through my heart but not her. Never her.

For each shrad on her head there will be equal amount of silver nails for his heart.

I removed the last one and slowly dabbed her head with the wet towel.

I bandaged her hand where he had apparently stabbed her and at last dropped my blood on her head and there. All her wounds were healed. Now the only thing she needs to do is open her obsidian eyes again so that I can leave her and let her live her life for fullest.

I'll always keep a watch on her. I'll watch from afar as she will fall in love with someone who could love her like no one else. I'll keep her safe till the day she grows old and die after leaving a long life and then I'll end myself the day after.

I knew every aspect of love without learning it. I now know that love is all about selflessness, sacrife and the other one's happiness. I now know that I could never possess love because it will slip through me like sand slipping from the hand. The more I let her in my life, the more danger she is in.

It's not about Gilfred. My enemies will come after her and I'd rather die than have to look at her like this again.

So that's it. I will eradicate myself from her life the moment she opens her eyes. I want to look at them so that I can savour it for a lifetime.

I threw away the now red towel and picked another one to wipe the excess blood from her neck, stomach and her back.

I kissed her forehead when I was done, my lips lingering on her soft skin for more as I picked her up and laid back on the bed.

She was still too pale for my liking. Her eyes had dark shadows under them, her cheeks were sunken and her creamy white skin was pale. Way too pale.

But still she looked beautiful as her chest rose with short breaths.

"How's she?" Caroline asked from the door.

"She's holding up." I said covering her up with sheets.

I can't do this. It's hurting me and this a type of pain I can't bear, "Caroline I... I need to bring something. I'll see... see her later. Till then stay here and thank you for helping me." I said my gaze never leaving from Elisa's face.

I turned back and passed by Caroline, "You know leaving is not an option." She said I stopped in my tracks.

I looked back at her to see that she was staring into my eyes, "If you think you're leaving her so you can protect her then you're wrong. If you leave her then she will be more vulnerable to that bastard. How long do you think it will take him to know that she's still alive?" Caroline asked.

"Believe me till that time he'll be dead. And she'll have Kate, Jack and you to protect her." I said going out of the room. My heart was breaking with each step I took away from her.

She took hold of my arm and turned me around again. There was a determination in her eyes, "Yes, we can protect her Alec but no one can protect her like you do." She said and I laughed humorlessly.

"I'm the reason she's in this condition today. If I would've reached in time then I would've been able to save her, I would've been able to save Adam but I couldn't. Because of me Adam is dead!" I shouted.

"She loves you Alec. She's been trying to call you all day and it's not your fault. It's my fault! I should've stayed with her there. I should've saved her but I couldn't." She said crying.

"She cannot love a monster like me Caroline. And it was not your fault. She said she hated me and for that I'm glad because the only thing I deserve is hatred." I said as a stray tear fell out of my eye.

"Have you checked your phone Alec? I suggest you do because then you'll know what she feels for you. Even though you were not answering her phone, she decided to call you assuming that she was talking for the last time. She decided to call you when she could've called me or Kate or Jack for help but she chose you Alec. And I know she will always choose you.

"She loves us Alec but the only one who ever touched her heart was you. She loves you more than anyone else in this world. Not me, not even Kate but you. Think about what will happen to her heart if you leave her. She will not be able to heal from that wound Alec. The moment I knew you were her mate, I wanted to kill you but then I observed both of you and knew that you two were inseparable. Stay Alec. Please.

"Not everyone can experience true love but you can! And you can't just give it  away like that. Not everyone has that chance. Please don't give up." She said and through all this I knew that she is the one who has a broken heart. The gleeful always appearing like a sarcastic girl is the most heartbroken girl I've ever seen.

"I'm gonna go and bring some clothes for her. It's your choice Alec." She said and then left the house.

I went back into the bedroom and my heart settled down again to normal. How am I ever going to leave you littleone?

Wait... where is my phone?

I searched my pockets, my jeans but it was not there. No, I still had it when those vampires attacked me.

The door opened and John came in with bags of blood and an IV stand.

"Where's the witch?" He asked as he hooked up the blood bag on the stand.

"She went home to bring Elisa some clothes." I said as I inserted the needle in Elisa's hand.

"You know someone could easily follow her back and I'd like to keep my existence a secret." He said and threw a blood bag at me.

I raised my brow at him, "I know you need it besides I don't want you hungry around my sister. So... drink or whatever you do, go ahead." He said.

"Caroline is smart. She will not led any trouble here when it comes to Elisa." I said biting into the blood bag.

"Who's that bloodsucker? And why is he after Elisa?" He asked sitting down on the chair.

"He's my mas... he's my nothing now. Nothing." I said crushing the now empty blood bag in my hand.

"You didn't have to kick me you know?" He said after he guazed my expression of pure hatred.

"You were pissing me off. Besides I just commanded you to say that she's dead so that he would believe us but you wouldn't stop blabbering and you did dislocate my jaw." I said.

"You deserved it." He said as I took Elisa's hand in my both hands engulfing her small one and rubbed it.

The doorbell rang once again, "I'll take it." He said and went out of the room.

I kissed her hand, "Wake up Elisa. We have so much to talk about." I said and sighed.

"You were fast." I said before Caroline could utter a word.

She smiled at me, "Well what can I say, I'm the Flash or better yet the Female Flash." She said and I laughed for the first time in days.

"No one followed you right?" I asked her.

"No, I had a cloacking spell on myself the whole time I was away." She said.

"Where is Jack and Kate? They were supposed to be back by now." I asked her.

"Well, apparently they are on a vacation and I tried calling them like a hundred times but either they won't pick up or the network would just bust." She said and I frowned.

"Don't you think it's a little weird?" I asked and her eyes widened.

"Oh my God--"

"Don't worry, Jack will never let anything happen to Kate. He's smart and strong. But there's definitely something going on." I said thinking what it could be.

"Let's hope that. Anyways, get out. I need to  bathe her and change her clothes." She said.

"And how would you do that by yourself?" I asked her.

"Damn it! I'm the most powerful witch, If I can burn you all with just a flick of my mind then I can definitely do this task. Get out!" She screetched and I raised my hands in mock surrender.

"Call me once you're done. On second thought, I will go and search for my phone. Keep her safe" I said and she nodded her head.

"Wait! What about that guy's body in the school?" She asked and I closed my eyes tightly.

"I will... I will see to it." I said all the while praying that it was not Adam.
***

Yo sweetcakes!

How are you all?

Thanks for keeping up to me. I will try to reply your comments. I love you all so much. Thankyou so much for 760K reads.

I will try to update asap.

How was it?

Until then hugs and see ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 11.4K 68
Aiden Edward Hollywood The name people feared and respected the most at the same time. He was a force to reckon with. His army was his multibilliona...
877K 39.4K 44
***HIGHEST RANKING IN VAMPIRE*** #3 - 26-9-2018 #4 - 13-8-2018 and 23-09-2018 #5 - 29-8-2018 and 5-9-2018 "What happened?" It's all I can muster at t...
1.8K 394 55
Unedited version. Heart ache, Love, Friendship and betrayal. Nadine lived a life with fantasy in her mind. She loved to read books and her life was g...
206 1 7
Elisa Rossi has pretty much nailed the art of hiding her true feelings. She's either feeling pain or just plain numbness. She's got this whole wild...