Counting Symbols (A Transform...

By Buddymykitty

What if Optimus Prime had a charge? And what if his little charge friend could read Ancient Cybotron writings... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
The Next Book...!!

Chapter 10

3K 63 2
By Buddymykitty

Amanda's POV

For the rest of the week, I avoided my friends. I didn't want to talk to them, let alone see them. I knew the first thing they were going to ask me was, why was I crying? And to be honest, half the reason, I didn't know. Did I want my symbols to disappear, or come back?

That was the only question on my mind. From the moment I woke up, to the moment I closed my eyes. I couldn't focus on schoolwork, so I was chewed out by the teacher. Mom grew worried about me. She tried to have a one-on-one talk with me, but I told her I was fine and my grades will approve soon. She believed me, but she still didn't seem convinced.

I thought about going to base Friday, since I skipped the chance to go Thursday. But I couldn't bring myself to enter seeing Ratchet poke around my vision and find out the truth. Will my symbols disappear? I didn't really want to know. I didn't want to cry all over again, even though during lunch on Thursday I excused myself to go the bathroom. Really, I just found the farthest bathroom and cried. I didn't know what else to do.

Saturday morning rolled around. Beep, beeep, beep. I groaned and lazily tried to turn my alarm clock off. Beep, beep,beeeep. Irritated, I sat up in bed and pushed my glasses onto my face. Then I turned to my alarm clock. 4:23. That was time? In the morning? I scratched my head, trying to remember if I set my alarm clock to wake me so early in the morning. I didn't remember. I shook my head. Maybe I was imagining things.

I was about to crawl back into bed when my bedroom door swung open. I cringed as it hit the wall, and turned to see Grace standing in the hallway. Her arms were crossed, and she had on jeans and a blue T-shirt with her tennis shoes. "Umm...did you sleep in those?" I asked, gesturing to her outfit. She shook her head.

A scowl deepened in her face. "Uh, heeellooo! You have a giant alien guy who can transform into a semi truck parked out in our driveway!" Grace said in a really annoying voice. I groaned and buried my face into the pillow. "Tell him to go away," I said, my voice muffled by the pillow. Grace sighed. "I'm not going to do that, cause he'll probably get mad," Grace huffed. I groaned for what felt like the 50th time.

"Primes don't get angry as much, Lily," I said, peeling my face off the pillow. Grace cocked her head. "What's a Prime?" She asked me. I rolled my eyes. Optimus must've not explain things to her just yet. "Never mind," I muttered. "Go tell him I'm getting ready." Grace looked relieved. "Hurry!" She chirped, then bounced away. I shook my head. How can she have so much energy at around 4:30 in the morning? That I will never now.

I threw on a white T-shirt and some faded jeans. I slipped my feet into my tennis shoes and grabbed my phone. I checked myself in my bathroom before pounding down the stairs. I was so tired as I made my way down, I almost fell on my face.

"Come on! What took you so long?" Grace snapped. She was standing next to the front door. I sighed. "I'm tired, ok? I don't have as much energy as you," I muttered as I walked outside. I shivered as a cool night breeze swept my hair back. I turned my head to find Optimus in his truck form, headlights on. He honked. Loudly. I cringed.

"You're going to wake up the entire neighborhood like that!" I said as I ran over to Optimus. He opened his passenger door for me. Grace followed, bouncing. "I want to come!" She said, crossing her arms. She walked over to me. I shook my head. "Grace, Optimus isn't your guardian. We'll pick you up later, ok?" I said, climbing in. Grace pouted. "What about this?" She asked me. She rolled up her jeans on her right leg to show a long deep gash. Most of the blood was dry.

"Grace!" I said, horrified. "Didn't Ratchet help you?" Grace shrugged. Then she cocked her head. "Uh, which one is Ratchet again? And why would he help me?" She asked, puzzled. I sighed. "Come on," I said. I opened the door for her and she climbed in. She fastened her seatbelt, but I didn't want to. Instead, I scooted all the way behind the steering wheel. The blue Autobot symbol glowed up at me.

Optimus pulled out my driveway and started to drive back toward base. I crossed my arms and laid back against the seat. "Well?" I asked after an uncomfortable silence. "Why do you need me?" "Because," was Optimus' only response. I rolled my eyes. "Because why?" I pressed.

"Because Ratchet found some new information about your gift," Optimus said. I sighed. "Forget it," I snapped. "My symbols are not going to come back anytime soon. So you and Doc-Bot might as well just drop it." Optimus was quiet. "I'm not giving up on you," he finally said. "You're my charge. Do you think I would let you go around town, sulking because you lost your gift? No. I wouldn't do that because I want to help you. Please." I froze, surprised. Optimus had never been furious at me! But I guess he did care about me. "Ok," I said, turning my head to look out the window. "I'll let you help me, even though it's pointless." Optimus didn't speak.

Optimus' POV

I didn't mean to sound mean to her. But I really did mean what I said. I cared about Amanda, and I wouldn't let her sit around and sulk. I wanted to help her, more than anything in the world.

Amanda didn't speak to me after that while I drove. Grace tried to spring a conversation every few minutes, but me nor Amanda were in the chatting mood. I tried to focus on driving and remembering the path to base, but my mind kept drifting back to Amanda. I really did hope Ratchet finds a cure for her. At least he found something that might give Amanda hope.

While driving, I felt something fidgeting with my radio. I turned my review mirror to see Grace messing around with the radio. She grinned as she landed on a pop song station. Softly, she began to sing. But what really caught my attention was that Amanda started to sing! Her voice was beautiful, and sweet. I was surprised that she even sang. She was usually quiet.

Grace's singing faltered away so she can here Amanda sing. Amanda sang slow, but she quicken up to match her voice with the one on the radio. She seemed calm, and relaxed, which made me relax. I listened to her sing while I drove near the Autobot base. I drove though the familiar tunnels with the dim light above. I turned off the song as I neared the others. "Aww!" Grace  pouted. "Turn it on!" "Grace," Amanda said firmly. "The other Autobots may be powered down." "Powered down?" Grace said, cocking her head. Amanda sighed and muttered to me, "You need to tell her everything about the 'cons and the 'bots, K?" I murmured an agreement.

I pulled into base, Ratchet the only one there. He turned to watch us. I open my doors and the girls climbed out. Making sure that Grace hadn't climb back in (I did not want her to end up in my chest), I transformed and walked over to Ratchet. Grace bounced up the steps toward the human area. But Amanda held back and followed me over to Ratchet. I decided it was ok for her to remain down next to us and not up near the human area.

"Any new information, Ratchet?" I asked. Ratchet shook his helm. "None," he said. But he brightened slightly and turned to look down at Amanda. She held his gaze and crossed her arms. "Well? What do you want to tell me that's so important it couldn't wait till later in the morning?" Ratchet sighed and muttered something I couldn't catch.

He spoke up. "I did some researching and tests on your vision. I think your symbols will come back to you soon," he said. Amanda raised an eyebrow. "You think? You're not sure?" She asked. Ratchet tensed. I did, too. He dare step on my charge...wait, why was I now getting overprotective? I shook my helm. Not the time right now.

Ratchet slowly nodded. "Yes, I think. I'm still working to find out the truth, ok?" He spat. Amanda was quiet before saying quietly, "What if I don't want to know?" "What?" Surprised, Ratchet and me both glanced at each other, then down at Amanda. "What makes you think that?" Ratchet asked. Amanda shrugged and I saw a few tears roll down her cheeks. "I just...I'm certain that my symbols will never come back," she said so quietly I barely made out what she said. I glanced at Ratchet. He seemed as surprised as I did.

"Oh, well..." Ratchet awkwardly ad he scratched the back of his helm. We both fell silent before Ratchet said, "I'll...I'll tell you if I find anything, ok Amanda?" She nodded, but more tears crowded her eyes. "Can I...be excused from base?" She asked. Ratchet silently nodded. Amanda turned and ran down the tunnel that led outside of base. I sighed and gazed at Ratchet. He said nothing, instead retuning back to his work.

I looked after the tunnel and for a minute, I thought of running after Amanda. But I shot the idea down. She wanted to be by herself. I walked over to the human area and watched Grace play her video game. But my mind kept drifting back to Amanda, and for some reason the 'cons. It hadn't occurred to me that I wasn't paying any attention to 'con activity. I was pondering about my charge most of the time.

My gaze shifted to the tunnel. Before I knew what I was doing, I transformed and drove silently down the tunnel after Amanda.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572K 10.3K 176
Here are some Transformers Prime Dating Preferences. IMPORTANT NOTE!: You're only in a relationship with ONE character, not all at the same time, mea...
3.2K 208 61
(Shattered Glass) Temptest thought she knew Optimus Prime, otherwise known as the false Prime, who stole the matrix of leadership and brought war to...
17.4K 711 42
Optimus Prime X Femme Reader What happens when Megatron's younger sister falls in love with the Autobots leader? What happens then? I do not own the...
350K 5.7K 62
Welcome to this book! This is about Optimus Prime! More explained in A/N + Requests. I hope you'll enjoy this one-shot book! I'll do: Bayverse RID201...