I Prefer the Good Guys

By Narwhal_is_Awesome

I never wanted people to feel unloved or not cared about. For the longest time, I've seen people who had nobo... More

I Thought We All Retired?
41 Hours and 2,789 Miles?
A What Bus?
You're What Now?
Chicago?

Switch?

1K 58 88
By Narwhal_is_Awesome

Yeah, I'm pregnant again. I only know because I was planning on getting a different job, and I had to do a drug test. The doctor came back and said he had nothing but good news.

Once he told me, a lot of things started to make sense. Like my morning sickness, the headaches, mood swings, the large appetite, and the missed period.

I'm happy to have another child, but in this situation, I wanted it to be the last thing on my mind. However, the pains and the fear of anyone finding out keeps reminding me of it.

I feel like a terrible wife. I've been pregnant for two months and I still didn't tell him when I found out two weeks ago.

Speaking of the pregnancy, my head started to hurt and I felt a bit nauseous. I sighed in annoyance as I pulled away from Tyler and hugged my stomach.

I felt him move to look at me, "Are you okay?"

I shook my head, "I feel like throwing up and my head hurts again."

"Babe, you need to go see a doctor about that." Tyler said, "This has been happening a lot."

Only if you knew.

"I know, but right now, that's not the most important thing that's going on."

He sighed and kissed my forehead. He put his arm around my shoulders as I looked around the bus.

Everyone who had a mask or anything close to it, already took it off because it was so hot. Everyone was in the middle of a conversation they were having with their "seat buddy" as Bryce put it. The sweat outlined everyone's face and made them glisten against the light.

B.R.I.A.N.'s metal was made with artificial pores and created a sweat-like liquid so that he wouldn't be to hot and over heat. He's done nothing but upgrade over the years. His hair was freshly cut and his eyes seem to get brighter everyday. He was wear a leather jacket and black jeans, but soon took off the jacket after five minutes of being on the road, in the middle of summer.

Evan's hair was also freshly cut and slightly damp due to the sweat. His tan completion made his figure more noticeable and his muscles pop out more. He smiled, making the corners of his mouth move his chubby cheeks up and revel his blinding white teeth, making his chocolate brown eyes seem brighter and kinder than they already were.

David was also smiling. His pale, pinks lips pulled back the show his uneven teeth, yet charming smile. He had a bit of facial hair, and nothing's really changed over the years for him. His hazel-could be confused as brown-eyes still gave out hope.

Luke and Jon were in a conversation too. It seemed more serious than funny. Luke's brown, puppy-dog eyes were looking at Jon with worry and guilt. His mouth was partially open, indicating he was paying close attention to whatever Jon was saying. His beard grew a bit more and a few more gray hairs showed up in his hair and beard, but other than that, he's still that badass, glorious man.

Jon's eyes have lost a bit of color, but not their power. He can still look at someone and automatically make them feel safe and at home. He's grown a little facial hair over the years, but trims it when he feels like he needs to. His dark brown hair had grown out as well, but he still looks and has the hopes of a child.

Marcel and Scotty were a few seats behind them. Marcel's try-hard spirit and large heart is still the same. He looked over at Scotty with his dark, sweet brown eyes and made the stupidest fucking face. It made him display his bright, white teeth through his light, pink lips. He's grown a bit more facial hair that he used to.

Scotty grew more facial hair too, but he still looked unexplainable young. He laughed his infamous high-pitched, yet beautiful laugh. His pale, blue eyes shined against the light as they peered at Marcel.

Lui pointed at something out the window, reaching over Brock. He's grown a beard that matched his hair and it wasn't as glorious as Luke's but it was a cute, middle-ages man's beard. His eyes were still dark, but uplifting.

Brock chuckled at the thing they were looking at. His hazel eyes sparkled from the sun and his dark brown hair was a bit longer than it used to be. He had a freshly shaved face and had the most warmhearted smile on the planet.

Anthony and Craig sat across from them, having a rather exciting conversation about god knows what. He was still the oversized child from before and always smiling his cheerful smile. He's also grown a beard but it wasn't as long as the other two and it didn't cover any of his features.

Craig had the same short haircut, witty attitude, light spirit, and amazing laugh and smile. He hasn't even grown any facial hair, either. He's just the same loud, ol' Craig.

Bryce sneezed, earning my attention. Ryan blessed him and they went back to their conversation. Bryce's light blue eyes glowed as they looked at Ryan and giggled. His blond hair appeared golden from the sun bouncing off of it. He's nearly the exact same, just a bit taller and somehow became a more dazzling spirit.

Ryan's enter personality changes ever since that day. I haven't seen him since the prison visit, two years ago, but he was still obviously sorry. Every now and then, he'll look at everyone on the bus, move his lips as if to say something, then looks back at Bryce, scared of the outcome of whatever he wanted to say. His brown eyes were constantly full of worry as he glanced around the bus, obviously wanted to repeat what he said to me at the prison. His beard showed his thin lips as he smiled at Bryce.

Tyler readjusted himself in the seat, making me finally studying him. His beard was thin and uneven, but he made it work. His blue eyes looked forward, also looking over the unexpected group on the bus. He was focused and determined to find answers.

"Where are we, B.R.I.A.N.?" Evan asked, pulling me away from my thoughts.

"Still in California." He replied.

"What's the route we're taking?" Scotty asked.

"It goes through a little of Nevada, then we go through Utah, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and then New York." I answered.

Everyone groaned and Evan said, "America and its weird-ass state names."

"I know right." David commented.

"Tell me about it." Craig agreed.

"Excuse me, Mr. Canada, Mr. UK, and Mr. Ireland," Tyler said, "but I was born in Indiana, so I suggest you leave my home state alone."

"Yeah," Brock added, "how dare you insult the great name of Utah!"

We all laughed and stood up to stretch.

"I'm fucking starving." Marcel said.

"Same here." Lui said, rubbing his stomach.

"Did anyone eat before we left?" I asked. Everyone shook their heads. "And why not? I'm pretty sure I told everyone to e-"

"Y/N," Tyler said, "your mom instincts are showing."

I pointed at him, "Tyler, shut the hell up."

Everyone laughed as B.R.I.A.N. said, "I'll stop when we get to Utah."

Everyone groaned.

"But that's so far away." Jon whined.

"Well, we're just now leaving California," B.R.I.A.N. continued, "so we're just that much closer."

Everyone groaned once again. I looked at Ryan's orange jumpsuit and said, "We need to stop at a thrift store before we do anything."

"Why?" Many people asked.

"I'm not sure if any of you noticed," I said, "but orange is not Ryan's color."

Everyone looked at the fugitive and nodded.

"Good point." Evan said, "We'll stop at one when we stop for food."

"These brackets aren't exactly his style either." Anthony said, motioning to his handcuffs.

"Sir, you were arrested by the fashion police." Brock said, z-snapping his fingers.

Everyone laughed and Ryan shrugged, "What can I say? Fashion ain't my passion."

Most of us laughed at that and the ones who didn't, looked away so they wouldn't.

"How long is it going to take for us to get through Nevada?" Craig asked.

"Shouldn't take that long," I said, "we're only driving a few miles through it."

"B.R.I.A.N.!" Evan shouted to get the robot's attention, "Where's the location of the van right now?"

"Ohio." B.R.I.A.N. simply answered.

Evan nodded.

"What if they switch vehicles?" Scotty asked, "How are we going o keep track of them then?"

"If we don't see the van after a long period of time, we'll go to where we saw it last and work from there." I answered.

He nodded and walked away. We all finally got tired of standing up and went to sit in other seats.

I sat next to Ryan.

Bryce sat in front of Marcel and Tyler, turned around so the three of them could finish their conversation.

Brock sat behind B.R.I.A.N. so he could talk to him.

Evan and Anthony sat next to each other and Luke and Jon sat behind them. Every now and then, Luke and/or Jon will poke either Evan or Anthony, just to be annoying.

David and Lui sat and had a somewhat loud conversation.

Craig and Scotty sat near the back, not next to each other, and tried to fall asleep. However, the heat kept them up.

"Sorry to put you in this situation." I told Ryan after a bit of silence.

"You're sorry for breaking me out of prison?" He asked.

I chuckled, "No, I met sorry for putting in the awkward situation of everyone not completely excited about the fact you're here."

He chuckled this time, "I can understand why though. I'm not too upset over it because if I help, then it might change their minds."

I nodded and looked at Tyler and Marcel. "Yeah." I said, then whispered, "Might."

"Do you guys know anything besides the fact that these people are heading to New York?" Ryan asked, earning my attention once again.

"Actually, we're not even sure on that." I said.

After a bit of silence, he said, "Well, let's try and get some facts together. Who's been in New York recently?"

I looked around, "No one. I mean, if they did, no one said anything."

I looked back at him and he said, "Who's been there in the past?"

I opened my mouth to reply, but I had nothing to say. Ryan had a point. I've known the guys for a few years, but I've never talked to them about their past lives unless they used to be on my team.

I turned and was about to get everyone's attention, but Luke got it first, "Seriously, Jon?"

We all looked at them and Jon said, "I can't help it."

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Jon has to use the bathroom." Luke answered, rolling his eyes.

"Jon, I'm pretty sure we all said use the bathroom before you leave." Tyler said.

"But I didn't have to go then!" Jon whined.

"Did you ev-"

"Tyler," I said, getting his attention, "your dad instincts are showing."

He pointed at me, "Y/N, shut the hell up!"

I laughed as we all turned back to Jon. "How badly do you have to go?" Brock asked.

"I'm about to pee my pants," He answered.

Everyone groaned. "B.R.I.A.N., how far are we from Utah?" Evan asked.

"About fifty-three more miles." He answered and everyone groaned again. "Oh goddammit."

"What?" I asked.

He sighed in annoyance as the bus stopped, "Traffic."

Jon put his hands between his legs and quivered. The rest of us just yelled in annoyance and hatred.

~

I stood up as the bus came to a stop in front of a thrift store and B.R.I.A.N. opened the door. The sun from the sunset, peered through the windows and right to my fucking eye. I did, however, see Jon book it off the bus. The rest of us got in a line and shuffled off, onto the ground. We all stretched and I heard my back popped loudly and a lot.

Everyone turned to me. "Was that you?" Evan laughed.

I did it again, stretching the other way only to have the same results. "You try having a kid, fucker." I laughed.

After a few laughs, Tyler said, "Okay, I know Jon's in the store already, but where's Ryan?"

"Still on the bus." Bryce answered, "He's still in a jumpsuit and cuffs so we're going to have to shop for him."

"You got a size?" Brock said.

"He should be happy we're even buying him clothes." Marcel mumbled.

Bryce explained the sizes and we all walked into the store. Jon was nowhere to be seen, but literally piles and piles of clothes, toys, and accessories filled the store from top to bottom, wall to wall.

"Welcome!" Cheered an old man over the counter. He had a beer gut and a gray, short bread with hair to match. His dull, blue eyes roamed around us as his smiled with some teeth missing.

"Hello." I greeted.

"What can I do for you folks today?" He had a very heavy southern accent and spat a little when he talked.

"We're just looking for some clothes." Tyler said, putting his hands on my shoulders.

He nodded and motioned to the store, "Pick whatever you want."

We nodded and walked away. "Thank you." Brock awkwardly squeaked while he walked by.

We looked at all the clothes on the walls and on the rackets, but Bryce was being very picky and it was starting to piss me off. Sure the clothes were old, cheap, and some even ripped, but we're just trying to make him not look like a fugitive.

"No, Ryan wouldn't wear something like that." He said for the millionth time.

"Bryce," I said, "stop."

"But-"

"But nothing. We're not getting him ready for a beauty pageant."

Bryce pouted as Jon came around the corner. "Oh, there you guys are. Look how cool these shirts are!"

Everyone laughed as he held up a shirt with a teddy bear holding a gun in either hand and it said, "Good luck sleeping tonight." Then he held up another one that had Jason Voorhees, looking very upset because the colander said Saturday the 13th.

I giggled, "You would wear something like that."

"I'm buying them." He said as he slung them over his shoulder.

We looked back at Bryce and he pulled out a plain black shirt and ripped skinny jeans, "Let's just get this."

We all nodded and walked back to the counter, payed for the clothes, and walked back out. We got in the bus and Bryce handed Ryan the clothes.

"How am I supposed to put these on?" He asked.

Luke pulled out a pocket knife and pulled out a section. He jabbed it into the small keyhole and jiggled it around until the cuff opened up. He did the same with the other and the handcuffs fell to the floor. Luke picked them up and stuffed them into his back pocket.

"Thank you." Ryan said.

Luke didn't respond, but instead moved away. We all turned away so he could get dressed. After a while, he coughed and we all turned back around.

"Ready?" Tyler asked.

"For what?" Ryan asked.

"We're going to have to switch buses."

We all turned to him and shouted, "What?"

He nodded, "They're going to start looking for this bus if they haven't already. We'll find another one after we eat."

We all nodded and decided to leave this bus here so the thrift store guy can worry about it, and just walk to a restaurant. We all started walking, not 100% sure where we were going. We finally found a 24 hour diner and walked in.

It wasn't the biggest, but it was a decent sized diner. They had a stand that had a sign that said, "Please wait to be seated."

It was kind of full, but the largest table wasn't taken, so I took that as a good sign.

"Y/N," B.R.I.A.N. said, tapping me, "look at that guy's shirt."

I looked to where he was pointing and this old man had a shirt that said, "Shoot me when robots actually work."

I chocked back and laugh and said, "Ya got a gun."

B.R.I.A.N. and I snickered together and looked away before the guy saw us. Everyone else was really confused about why we were laughing.

"Hi, welcome to 24/7 diner." A girl said as she stepped behind the stand, "How many?"

B.R.I.A.N. was supposed to do all the talking so we looked at him but he was literally staring at this waitress.

"Uh..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 290 21
Hello lovely's, whelp I've finally found enough courage to do this, also sorry if this is shit it's my first time writing one of these. And I'm makin...
87K 4.1K 91
welcome!!!!! read at your own discretion please. am not responsible for emotions or getting ur phone taken away in class. i am also aware that my ti...
43.5K 2.2K 16
Everyone I've ever loved or cared about left. For the longest time, I had nobody. No one was there when I cried; No one was there when I was sick; No...
10.2K 703 37
𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖓𝖆𝖕 𝖌𝖗𝖔𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖉, 𝖘𝖚𝖑𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖊𝖆𝖙. "𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖌𝖊𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖊'𝖘 𝖒𝖚𝖘𝖎𝖈 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘 𝖒𝖊...