ItaSaku: You're No good For Me

By snowmanpopicle

Sakura Haruno, a typical good girl in High School. But what happens when she stands up to Sasuke for being me... More

Standing up for a Friend
Rediscovered actions
An Awkward Friendship
Unknown Number
Faking it
Here Comes the Awkward
Peaceful Sleep
Panic
The Confusion
So Do you Like me or Not?
Suspended
Bowling
Causing more Conflict
I'm Making it Right
Upcoming Rivalry
Miss Independent
I Love you too, Itachi.
Is This Fixable?
Hi... Ita-Kun
Do you Trust me?
Finally...
Ceremony

Challenge Accepted, Big Brother

4.2K 143 71
By snowmanpopicle

Sakura's POV:

It was wonderful- everything seemed to be at this point. I didn't care I was suspended, I didn't care that fell majorly behind in my studies. The only thing I cared about was the person currently lip-locking with me. I smiled into the kiss and when he pulled back I let out a little lovesick giggle. I felt so happy, like nothing could really go wrong. I grinned at Itachi and the small smile he sent back was enough for me, I grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him along. "C'mon hot stuff, you gotta get beat in all these games! I'm not letting you run off this time!"

"Sakura, don't put yourself through this." He calmly said with a hint of amusement in his eyes. I knew I was screwed, I knew I was going to lose in all of them, and I knew I was going to get angry and frustrated afterwards. But I just wanted to spend time with him, I let my competitive side slip and just enjoyed being in his presence.

Yuck, tone down the mushy thoughts, Sakura. I'll get cavities. Inner pipped up.

Oi, you hush. I retorted quickly.

-o-

I was right. That was the only thing going through my mind, that and a really long string of curses. He won every single game we played. Of course he was trying to mend it buy using the tickets to get me another small anime plush. But that's beside the point dammit! How could I lose! Screw spending time together, I wanted to DESTROY him! I huffed and crossed my arms, my attitude was returning slowly and I glared holes in his back. He turned around and saw the look on my face and chuckled. "Can't handle losing that much?" His eyes held a playful gaze while mine looked like it wanted to rip him into shreds.

"I almost-"

"Almost." He interrupted, making the smart move to walk away at that point.

My mouth stood agape and I watched his figure walk away from me. My face was burning with embarrassment, how dare he! "Itachi Uchiha! You get back here this instant!" I yelled at his retreating form. I saw him look back and keep walking, oh hell no! I tried to jog to catch up but a hand on my shoulder stopped me. "Hm? What is it Sasuke?" I asked, looking over at him. It looked like he wanted to tell me something but he eventually sighed and let go, "Nothing important." He said to me as he walked over to Naruto.

What the hell was that about?? He's acting suspicious Sakura I'd keep a weary eye on for him. Inner pipped up.

I hate to admit it, but you might be right. I quickly replied to her. I took one last glance at him before I ran to catch up with Itachi. I didn't know whether or not to tell him about Sasuke's unusual behavior but all-in-all I decided against it. I pushed the thought to the back of my mind, I wanted to have a good time with the guys tonight and the last thing I wanted was some petty drama to happen. Personally, I've already had my share of drama for the past twelve years. I slowed my jog into a walk as I entered the bowling part of the building. I noticed the group was huddled around a lane, hm guess they got tired of their games. I noticed Deidara was up and I decided to sit at the back to watch. I glanced at the scoreboard and noticed Itachi was going to be in it next game, well I guess I know who's winning next. I thought to myself. My thoughts were broken by the loud cheering of said blonde, he was grinning from cheek to cheek and even I couldn't stop myself from smiling at the sight. They really were good friends. My eyes drifted towards Sasori who was giving me a curious stare, I decided to just smile and wave and that seemed to quell whatever he was thinking. Their game went on for a while until the next one was beginning, by that time I took out my phone and saw it was late into the evening by then. I didn't have any texts or missed calls so I was relieved to see that. I hopped up from my little seat and went to find Naruto, I already knew how the game was going to end so I decided to get Naruto to entertain me for the time being. It actually took a bit of looking to find him, he was buy the machine you can win candy from, and I happily skipped over to him. Totally going to get him to win me candy. I thought merrily.

"Yo!" I said, appearing beside him. He jumped a bit and sent a playful glare in my direction.

"Think of that as payment for earlier." I grinned at him and he returned it with a deadpan look, hmph well fine he can be like that. I stuck my tongue out and proceeded to watch him wind candy after candy. Of course I was mentally tagging the ones I was going to steal, but he didn't need to know that now does he? A few minutes passed and he asked to me wait while he got a small paper bag from the ticket stand, so I waited. And waited. And waited some more. I was starting to get irritated from the wait so I plopped down beside the machine and began to eat the mentally tagged candies. Of course that's when he decided to show up. He stopped and just looked at me, "Sakura-Chan! I won those candies!" He said to me, fake tears rimming his eyes. I rolled my own and placed another jolly rancher in my mouth, "Not my fault it took you ten years to get a paper bag." I retorted. I grabbed the remaining ones I wanted and stepped aside so he can get whatever was left. I left him with the not-so-good ones, just saying.

"Naurto, let's go play hmm that one!" I pointed to a game where it seemed you had to drop a ball in a hole. I looked and the holes all had ticket numbers on them and one with a jackpot. 'This seems easy enough' I thought, so I put in a quarter and pressed the button. It wasn't long until a brightly colored bouncy ball went everywhere and eventually bounced into the 50 ticket hole.

"Nice one Sakura-Chan! Lemme try!" Naruto said, swiftly moving me out of the way. I watched with wide eyes when it went right into the JACKPOT hole.

"Wha..." I said at a loss for words. Meanwhile he was cheering and grabbing the tickets that poured out, including my 50.

"Oi! I hope you know you're sharing those!!"

-o-

I sighed as I lazily plopped onto the chair I sat in earlier. It was almost passed midnight and I was getting tired. I loved hanging out, but dammit all I had a bedtime. My eyes were starting to droop and I didn't fight it when they finally closed.

When I opened them, according to the clock beside me, it was near 4am. Wait- clock? What- Where the hell am I!? I looked around frantically and my breath hitched when I saw someone was in the same bed as me. My brain was in hyperdrive when the figure started to stir and I almost had a nosebleed at the sight. "Wha- Wha-..." I was struggling to preform a coherent sentence and the next thing I knew I blacked out.

Good job Sakura, fainting because you were in the same bed as Itachi.

I woke up the following morning with a killer headache, god just what the hell happened!?! I rubbed my head and the smell of food was gradually waking me up, I looked around again and knew I wasn't at my house.

Inner where the hell am I.

Don't ask me sweet cheeks, I don't have a clue as well. Though I did save a mental picture of what happened last night. I heard her giggle and I was confused, what happened? I decided to end the conversation at that and slowly make my way to the door. I peeked outside and noticed it felt familiar. Wait! I'm at the Uchiha's house again! I decided to follow the smell of food and I saw Mikoto hovering over a stove. She hasn't noticed me and I heard her softly humming to a song. She turned around and almost jumped out of her skin at the sight of me.

"Oh Sakura dear, you scared me! I didn't know you were up!" She laughed it off and went back to cooking.

"Do you need any help??" I asked her, she smiled and offered me a smile.

"Mind getting the rice out and putting it in this pan right here?" I did as told and made sure the lid was tightly on top. I asked if she needed anything else and she happily waved me away to the living room, Fugaku was sitting in a chair and he nodded to me in greeting. I did it back and went to sit in the chair almost across from him, neither of them seemed phased at the fact I'm here. Hell I don't even know the reason. I was steadily growing uncomfortable with the thought and I guess Fugaku noticed because he lowered his newspaper.

"Itachi brought you here last night, he claimed you fell asleep while you two were hanging out." He said. I made an audible sigh of relief and sunk back into the chair, oh sweet lord that was so nice to hear.

"By the way Sakura." He asked me.

"Yes sir?"

"Sometime soon I'd like to have a discussion with you." He said to me, face completely unreadable.

"Dear, not before breakfast" Mikoto pipped up and it seemed that was it.

I was a little confused and was going to say something but the door opening and the faint "I'm home" sounded alarms in my head. Of course Inner decided to pop up and show me the mental image of a rather...ahem shirtless Itachi beside me. I felt my nose tingling and I quickly excused myself to the bathroom. And on the way there I cussed Inner like there wasn't a tomorrow. I closed the door and ran my fingers through my hair, why was I so nervous to face him now? I kept taking deep breaths because I knew if I didn't there'd be yet another panic attack. Before I realized it, there was a knocking on the door, but by this time my eyes were screwed shut and I was more focused on breathing. Dammit not again! I thought to myself, I could hear the dramatic thumping in my chest and I felt lightheaded. I backed into the wall and slid down it, I didn't hear the door opening, hell I didn't even feel someone grab me by my shoulders. I snapped back into reality when I heard him, "Relax Sakura, you're alright." I snapped my eyes open to face his calm black ones. I tried to speak but he didn't let me, instead he kept talking.

"Nothing happened, you fell asleep at the bowling alley and I took you here. Your mother knows where you're located, everything is fine." I laid my head into the crook of his neck and tried to focus on not passing out again, I just felt so dizzy. Time slowly passed and when I quietly mumbled an apology he only helped me up and guided me to the kitchen. I was surprised when I saw Mikoto was just setting the table, she smiled warmly at me and I tried my best to return it. When I tried to help set the table she swatted my hands away and told me to sit. I nervously chuckled and did as I was told, of course shortly after Itachi sat next to me. After that episode his presence was very calming to me, I couldn't help myself when I reached under the table and held his hand. I noticed he stiffened a bit but eventually relaxed into it. I guess he still wasn't used to contact just yet. We waited until Mikoto quietly called Fugaku in for breakfast. It was eaten in silence and it was a very much appreciated change. I'm so used to the idle chatter and sometimes even loud/hectic morning. Of course afterwards I helped with cleanup and soon enough Itachi announced he was walking me home.

"Itachi!" Mikoto called, "Bring her for dinner sometime!"

He nodded and escorted me out of the house and onto the street. It was almost like a weird sense of Déjà vu really, we were both silent for a bit until I spoke up. I smiled to myself at the fond memory.

"Sakura." His voice interrupted my thoughts. "What happened." He looked down at me, his brows creased with confusion. I didn't really know what to tell him- I thought these things went away. I took a deep breathe and tried my best to explain.

"When I was little I had some issues I guess. I thought they went away but guess not. Sometimes they just pop up at random times, as you can see." I looked down at the ground all through the explanation and I could just tell he was thinking of more questions, and I would be right.

"How long ago was the last one you had?"

"Uhm...You remember that day when I ignored you and then ran into Deidara, thus causing me to basically sprint home?"

He nodded

"Yupp, that's the day."

His lips twitched down into a frown and I felt bad for making him feel like this, I tried to reassure him that I was fine and it really isn't a problem but he only held up his hand and I knew the conversation was over. I bit my lip and continued to stare at the ground the whole walk home. When we got to my fence he bid me a good bye and walked away. I couldn't help but feel depressed at the lack of emotion he had. I sighed and walked into the house, "I'm home!" I said, slipping off my shoes.

No response.

"Mom? Dad!" I called into the house, I poked my head into the kitchen and saw a note on the table.

Dear Sakura:
Me and your father went out to do some errands, be back soon!

-Mom

I sighed again, that meant I was alone and being honest, that wasn't a good thing. Itachi was being distant and I didn't like it. So I texted the only person I knew who could help me- Sasuke. I'll admit I didn't really want to let him in, I was still reluctant to even text him but with him being Itachi's brother he knows him better than I do at the moment. I felt like it was my only choice. I sighed and decided to swallow my pride.

To Sasuke:

Hey, can we talk about something?

I deadpanned, yeah that wasn't creepy at all ugh hopefully he won't overthink it. I grabbed me a small bite to eat and went to my room, plopping down on my bed. I was going to ask Inner how she felt- but before she could reply my phone dinged.

From Sasuke:

Sure, what's up.

To Sasuke:

Okay so Itachi and I ran into a problem. I don't know how to deal with him when he's being distant- any ideas? I'm desperate.

I didn't really know what I was getting into, I hoped Sasuke understood where I was coming from and didn't blow Itachi's shit. He seemed to do that a lot lately, when they were around each other the tension was thick, almost suffocating at times. While I can only recall a handful amount of times where it's happened but I know what I felt. I kept thinking to myself that I didn't notice my phone going off- it was the second time someone called me before I snapped out of it. It was Sasuke.

"H-Hello?" I answered.

"What do you mean he's giving you the silent treatment?"

"Well I mean when he walked me home from your house-"

"You were at my house! For what! Dammit I go to Naruto's for one night and this happens, Sa-"

"Sasuke! Shut up!! I was there because I fell asleep at the bowling alley, now shut the fuck up and listen!" I was fuming mostly because he interrupted me. I huffed and he muttered a soft apology and I took that as an invitation to continue.

"Anyways, I-I had a panic attack, this is the second time mind you- but that's beside the point. I think he's upset because it happens but I don't know him like you do, so that's why I'm asking you what to do. Like c'mon he's your brother of course you know what to do."

He was silent for a while before I heard him sign into the mic.

"Sakura, while we may be brothers we don't really associate with each other a whole lot. Just give him time, there's no telling what's going on in his head."

I was shocked, he didn't even help me! He just told me to wait! My earlier frustration didn't go away and frankly this pissed me off even more. How dare he! I gripped my phone tighter and glared at the wall above me. "So you're telling me to just wait it out- I'm sorry Sasuke but I'm not that type. I'm going to figure out what his problem is. Thanks for your help though." I bid my goodbyes and hung up. I guess now it was time to text Itachi, this obviously wasn't going to fix itself. I quickly sent a text asking if he was alright because he was ignoring me. It never is a nice feeling, I know first hand from Ino not even a week ago it seems. I sighed, I remembered I still couldn't go back to school and I so wish I could. I missed having homework to do rather than nothing. I sunk deeper into my bed and shortly after that I drifted off into a light nap.

I awoke but it wasn't in my room- it was my bed but everything around me was dark. I frantically looked around for anything source of light but yet there was none. Just where the hell was I? I felt the bed dip and my attention snapped to the figure beside me. It was a young adult and dear lord she had pink hair!

"Inner?" I asked, bewildered.

I never really knew what she looked like, I always assumed it was me since- in a way- she was me. She had the same pink hair but her hair was only in the middle of her back. It reminded me of mine when I was younger, she looked older than me. Under her eyes were slight bags and when she looked at me I noticed we didn't have the same eye color. While mine was a bright emerald- hers were a cold, hard gray. What she wore was sweatshirt that hung off one shoulder, it had a light purple hue and some dark jeans. It was a nice outfit actually- heck even I'd wear it.

"That's me." She grinned at my shocked expression and put her arms behind her head.

"W-What am I doing here?" I asked her, looking around once more. There still wasn't anything else and I couldn't help the thought that she'd get lonely here. I guess that's why she talks to me.

"Oh? Isn't it obvious you're dreaming and I guess you wanted to talk to me so," She gestured to herself, "Here I am in the flesh sweet cheeks."

Of fucking course it was a dream, I guess I fell asleep again without realizing it. I watched as she hopped off the bed and started to wander around, she wasn't falling into the black so I figured it was safe. As soon as I one foot was off the bed I found that the ground wasn't solid and I fell into the darkness. I started screaming until Inner was beside me, smirking.

"Well?" She asked, "What did ya' want?"

I thought about it and truth be told- I didn't want anything. Then it hit me, if I didn't want her then...

"Wait, you wanted me here." I softly said to myself. She rolled over in laughter and I suddenly stopped falling, my body hit the ground with a hard thud. But since it wasn't a dream I didn't really feel anything.

"Damn, bout time you got it right. I was getting tired waiting on you." She flicked her hair and looked at me with a serious expression. "Sasuke likes you."

I stared at her for a minute before I burst into laughter and her face contorted into an angry one.

"Oi! I'm being serious here dammit! I mean look at the evidence! The air is tense when you're with Itachi and now he won't even help you with his stupid attitude! He might be hot but I swear I'd knock that silent treatment right outta him!" She raised her fist for dramatic effect and I ushered her to continue.

"I called you here because I'm afraid Sasuke will try and break you two up. While I may be a bitch, I still have a heart and losing Itachi will break you inside." She had a faraway look in her eyes before she spoke again, "I've watched you get hurt so many times- I've tried to boost your confidence and self esteem and while it's worked. I still don't like watching you suffer." I could tell for her it felt weird saying mushy shit like this and I didn't think it fit her. She was always brutally honest with me and seeing her sugarcoat something as big as Sasuke's breakup plan, it almost made me laugh again. I gave her a small smile and decided to sit next to her, after all she's only been a voice and it was kinda nice to see what she really looked like. I always thought she was just some imaginary friend I had, or if I was just plain crazy. But I guess not. After that we kinda just sat in silence for a bit before any of us spoke but when we did it was I who broke the ice.

"So, guess that means I gotta kick Sasuke's ass huh?" I said pretty calm, this time it was her who laughed and I joined her, she wiped her eyes and looked at me, "Ya damn right that's what it means." Before I could reply I noticed the room was fading out. I turned my head to Inner and the only thing else I heard her say was, "See ya around." My eyes snapped open to see my mom shaking me awake, "Come down for dinner honey." She smiled at me and I decided to stretch and go downstairs. At this time I forgot about Itachi and focused on getting dinner.

-o-

I bid goodnight to my parents and slowly made my way up the stairs, I was actually kind of exhausted if I really wanted to be honest with myself. It was really around 10pm when I decided to take a nice hot shower, I wanted to just let the hot water run over me. It seemed to destress me and the shower is always a nice place to think of your problems. My hair was sticking to my face and many times I had to push it back, I really don't know how long I've actually been in here for. Time always seemed to go faster but I leaned against the wall and let the water relax me.

I didn't' want to end what friendship I had with Sasuke, it hasn't even been that long! We've fought for probably over a year...I just thought this time would be different. Through my thinking I ended up sinking down to where I'd be sitting in the bathtub, the water slowly getting colder. I only got out when all the heat was gone and I shivered when I wrapped the towel around me. I was one of those girls who simply laid around in a towel for hours, don't judge me. I noticed my phone blinking so I picked it up and my breath hitched in my throat.

From Itachi:

Please do not worry about me Sakura, I assure you I'm fine and I'm not upset at you. I look forward to seeing you sometime tomorrow, say the park around 2pm?

Another goofy smile spread on my lips and I said I'd be there, I wouldn't miss it for the world in fact. I sent another text saying he forgot something while he walked me home as well. Me and Inner both chuckled because at least she knew what I was insinuating.

From Itachi:

I promise when we part I'll leave you breathless.

My face flushed and I swear my whole body started to blush, oh he was so smooth. I sent a quick, "can't wait" and called it a night. Oh now I couldn't wait till tomorrow. I put on some rather short shorts and a lose tank top, I felt comfortable and I slept just as well that night.

Sasuke's POV:

When I got off the phone with Sakura guilt took over, I lied to her. I knew he wasn't upset at her he was just trying to figure out what she was going through. But yet I told her I didn't know, did I really like her that much, to go such lengths as to lie to her. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair- girls they're so complicated. Soon after dinner Itachi knocked on my door, only asking to have the book I borrowed from him back, but his face held a sense of clam I haven't ever seen. I felt jealousy wash over me and before I could stop myself I spat at him, "Looks like you and Sakura are going smoothly, how romantic." I didn't notice my eyes glaring at him and his eyes slowly doing the same. I felt my whole body go stiff when he replied.

"Sasuke, you do anything to us and you won't like my idea of revenge, choose your actions wisely."

It looked like his eyes held a slight red hue and I didn't know what to reply to that. But after that he quietly shut the door and it wasn't long before I smirked. Challenge accepted brother, Sakura will be mine.

Operation: Breakup is a go. It starts tomorrow.

(A/n: Guess what isn't 6,000 words but it damn near close, this chapter! I beat my record for you guys so yeah. But heheh guess things are getting a bit heated wouldn't you say?? I'll see you guys in the next chapter!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

550K 25.5K 76
❝𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚.❞ ╰┈➤ IN WHICH a...
73.9K 2.3K 18
Hinata was kidnapped since childhood by the Akatsuki members and was forced to train under itachi, resulting being his comrade. Itachi grew a feeling...
151K 4.9K 22
Sasuke was her first and last love... or that's what she tought. She meets the cold-hearted S-ranked criminal that everyone fears and discovers that...
238K 9.4K 36
Follow Sakura Haruno, a strong willed woman with a nasty temper who is forced to fill some pretty steep heals, and make new friends and enemies along...