The Endgame (BBC Sherlock) -3-

By arrow_to_the_heart

"Did you miss me?" Those words brought a nation into paralyzing fear. They prevented the world's only consult... More

Let's see how the game ends, shall we...?
The Final Curtain - Cast
Enhancing the Experience - Playlist
1. Planning the Future
2. Ahead of the Wedding Game
3. June - Time for a Trip to London (for the Billionth Time)!
4. Moriarty or Not Moriarty?
5. Best Friend Outing
6. Abduction Equals...Protection?
7. Behind the Scenes AKA Playing the Messenger
8. Gambling Girl
8.5 - Time Crunch
9. The Gathering (Part 1)
10. The Gathering (Part 2)
10.5 - The Favor
11. Chatter
12. "I'm Glad You're Here With Me."
12.5 - "Don't Make This Difficult."
13. Attempt
14. Collateral
15. Conference Call
15.5 - Defiance
16. The Finale (Part 1)
17. The Finale (Part 2)
18. Yay, Another Hospital (Cue Sarcasm)
19. The Crushing Weight
20. Group Therapy
Epilogue

The Closing - Final Author's Note

694 22 3
By arrow_to_the_heart

I can't believe Rachel's story has finally come to a close. It's surreal, because she's been a Watson from the time I wrote her. And she got what she wanted in the end.

Yeah, Bayley was a former Moriarty assassin, but at least that was found out prior to engagement and not after marriage.

The usual thanks to my readers for everything. I hope Rachel's story found a way to your heart like it did mine. 

P.S. On the ship matter, because a lot of people ship one or the other, Rachlock was always going to be teased. It was never going to become a real thing. Guys, come on, Rachel is John's daughter. There is a significant age difference between her and Sherlock. I did like the idea of hints of it, though. 

But alas, in the end, Sherlock is her protector.

So for those who aren't a fan of Bayley, don't think I made Rayley just to spite the Rachlock ship, what there was of it. I wanted Rachel to kind of go through the same motions as John did. Thank God it worked out for her in the end.

Though I cannot deny, as twisted and sick as Rariarty was, I did enjoy it to some degree. Kind of like Joker and Harley Quinn, only Rachel isn't hopelessly devoted to Moriarty, or insane, and will fight against him, and this isn't the DC universe. 

Do I believe that on some level Moriarty did care for/love Rachel? Absolutely. In his own twisted mind. I see that at times, even when I've convinced myself that he's just messing with her. 

Anyway, whether you ship Rachlock

Rayley

or Rariarty

One thing is for sure: this story has come to an end happily, and I would never want to change it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 2.5K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...
23.9K 519 22
❝ 𝐴 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒, 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒. ❞ Anna read out loud, while I was staring at the flower that Lord Tewksbury gave...
362 0 16
Never in a million years did I think I would return to the city I had escaped more than two years ago. Unfortunately I was running out of options and...
3.8K 144 9
The world's only consulting detective, an ex-army doctor, an art therapist, and an American who loves music. These sound like four very different peo...