The CEO and her Employee | ✓

By sunshine_read

Years ago, many brave hearts have fought for gender equality, women rights and equal rights for blacks. Yet... More

Chapter-1: "Who would be taking her place?"
Chapter-2: "...you may leave,"
Chapter-3: "How long will we wait?"
Chapter-4: "Ummi,"
Chapter-5: "Regards, Noor Ahmed."
Chapter-6: "I mean...I do, Ma'am!"
Chapter-7: "I have to read, all of this, today?
Chapter-8: "Ammi jaan,"
Chapter-9: "Mr. AbdurRahman has arrived, Ma'am!"
Chapter-10: "Hold your horses, Mr. AbdurRahman"
Chapter-11: "Be good, children!"
Chapter-12: "Call me, Shawna, my dear."
Chapter-13: "Do you have all the documents, we need?"
Chapter-14: "would increase our stocks and profits..."
Chapter-15: "Why don't I treat you to lunch, today?"
Chapter-16: "...the sour taste, should be a little less."
Chapter-17: "I would like a Shawarma, please!"
Chapter-18: "I will come to meet your Ummi, after work hours."
Chapter-19: "Ye kitne kali hai,"
Chapter-20: "Do I look like the Chief Executive Officer of a Daycare?"
Chapter-22: "No. They died,"
Chapter-23: "...send her a marriage proposal,"
Chapter-24: "I wanted to help you,"
Chapter-25: "You want me to ask her?"
Chapter-26: "You are forgiven, Ummi Fahad,"
Chapter-27: "What had gotten into him?"
Chapter-28: "We have something of yours,"
Chapter-29: "I like you,"
Chapter-30: "It's my engagement, today!"
Chapter-31: "We have found, where he last was,"
Chapter-32: "Welcome to Delhi,"
Chapter-33: "Welcome home,"
Chapter-34: "I have started falling, for a monster,"
Chapter-35: "You will have to choose..."
Chapter-36: "She will...My heart says so,"
Chapter-37: "...because she ran away,"
Chapter-38: "...you went to see another girl!"
Chapter-39: "Abba,"
Chapter-40: أنا أحبك
Epilogue

Chapter-21: "I don't want her to be a hindrance, in your work-process."

2.5K 246 25
By sunshine_read

"I forgive you," Noor states, after through deliberation.

The cold breeze interrupts the silence while giving its own confirmation, in Fahad's ear.

~~~

Noor grabs the files, which Fahad had filled out, before stacking them neatly, in the glass shelf.

Her phone rings, from the table. She picks it up.

"The carpenter is here, Ma'am," Hassan, their Security Guard speaks, "for the table, you wanted, in the lobby."

"I'll be down, in a minute," She replies.

She calls Fahad. "The carpenter guy has arrived. Bring the list of measurements; we made, yesterday, for a coffee table,"

"Yes, Ma'am,"

~~~

"Sir, Your mother is at the entrance," Hassan says, as Fahad picks up the call.

"Ammi?"

"Yes, Sir,"

"I'll come down, to get her." He runs a tired hand, through his hair, before taking the elevator to the lobby.

~~~

"Ammi, What are you doing, here?" Fahad questions his mother, while making her sit, on a wheelchair.

He tucks her walking stick, into the side, before wheeling it around.

"How did you get, here?"

"The number of a Taxi person was on speed dial. I called him up, asking for your office. He said, 'Madam, You want to go to a bakery?' I said, 'No, I want to go to my son's office' He very well understood, after that, I think, because, he brought me here,"

Fahad chuckles at his mom's tale.

~~~

"This is so big," Ameena exclaims, as Fahad wheel's her, from one floor to another.

They halt, near Fahad's room. He gently pushes the door open.

"Ma sha Allah," Ameena exclaims, with gratitude, while taking in the contents of the spacious beige colored room.

A knock is heard on the door.

"Come in," Fahad calls out.

"Mr. AbdurRahman, I want you to sort these letters out," Noor looks up, from a bundle of letters.

"Oh, Asalamualikum," She greets Ameena, politely, while looking at Fahad, as if asking him, 'What is your mother doing, here, during non-permitted hours?'

He quickly understands, and answers, "She wanted to visit me, Ma'am,"

She was surprised, that, he had understood, what she had conveyed, with her eyes.

She had heard that the eyes speak their own language, which, only the eyes can understand. But, this happens, only to those people, whose hearts are connected, right?

"Alright, but, I don't want her to be a hindrance, in your work-process."

"Yes, Ma'am,"

"Noor," Ameena decides to stand up, while curling her hand, around Fahad's arm.

"I want to invite you for dinner, tomorrow,"

"Sorry, Mrs. AbdurRahman, but, I can't accept invitations,"

"Please?" She insists.

"Alright," She gives in.

She looks over at Fahad, who had a soft smile, playing against his lips.

She sighs. He has been messing with her heart, ever since, he had been hired.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.7K 43
The Kingdom of Sayaria is on an island surrounded by ocean for miles. And mermaids are meant to protect those out at sea while sirens are supposed to...
528K 44.3K 45
They were both forced into it... He was a drunkard... She was religious... What will happen when these two were forced to stay under the same roof? ...
14.1K 1.2K 28
Allah says in the Quran : ── "Women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity" - This is the story of a girl named f...
1.7M 81.7K 67
"This is Rumaan's child" I heard mama said. I didn't look up at her. I keep my head lowered. because I didn't have the courage to face her. "This is...