Sunset Princess (Dragon Fire...

By TiedinRed

The kingdom of Mirkwood celebrates the birth of their new princess. More

A Mother
A King
A Promise
A Princess

Little Light

3.5K 115 18
By TiedinRed

Thranduil couldn't take it anymore.

Mantheniel's screams did not even lessen. It wasn't like an elleth to suffer during child birth. They followed every precaution, every bit of it and yet here they were with Mantheniel giving birth a week too early. Elrond had arrived moments ago, looking like he had just got up from bed and rushed here immediately. But Thranduil knew better. He was here because he had seen this coming. He did not desire to start a fight so he had slumped down on a chair by the hall, feeling everything at once.

He was ushered out of the room moments ago, when Manthaniel had glared at him, her eyes burning so brightly. He was transfixed at first before her mouth uttered so much profanities the nursemaid had asked him to step out the room for Manthaniel was clearly blaming him for letting her go through so much pain. Elrond, who stood outside merely chuckled and placed a hand on the Kings shoulder, wanting to comfort him.

"Celebrian had thrown a vase at me and I had just entered the room," he comforts him.What were they doing in there? Was Manthaniel having difficulties? Was she alright? He let out another huff of impatience, tinged with fear. The prince and Falasdir followed the Kings pacing with their eyes, and even they felt impatient. That was hours ago.

He felt a strong hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Falasdir with an expression of worry and concern. The King wanted to scream, to break things- to punch someone for putting Mantheniel in such agony but he could not do anything but wait. And trust that blind elleth to know what she was doing.

Legolas was standing by the door, his face clouded. He has not told his father yet that the queen had been poisoned. At this moment, it would be difficult to let his father see reason or show even the slightest bit of mercy. No, he must wait until everything has cooled down. When everything is alright.

The prince's heart ached for his father who looked worse than Legolas has ever seen him. It ached for Mantheniel, a mother he had accepted wholeheartedly who was carrying his little sister. He ached for his little sister the most. What if things did not go as planned? Would he lose one of them? Both of them? He shoved those thoughts aside and waited patiently until Mantheniel's screams had ceased.

The four ellyn stopped and stared at each other, each not wanting to move. Then in the silence, they heard a new cry. Thranduil stood up immediately, his face tinged with hope and surprise and fear. Falasdir stared at Legolas who was closest to the door. The prince reached for the knob when it turned, and the fortune teller steps out, her eyes trained on the wall across her. She was blind, but she had come and declared she would help the queen during child birth. There was little Thranduil could do at the declaration. His heart had been desperate. He didn't know what had happened.

They were having dinner and Legolas had been there. Then suddenly Mantheniel complained of a headache, then not soon after she was gasping for air and clutching on to her belly. Thranduil remembered the look she had given him. Fear, confusion, dread. He couldn't take the image away.

He had been reading about drown elves, knowing there would be complications. But Elrond had assured them it would be slight ones. Nothing like this. Something must have happened but before he could get to the bottom of it, he had to come back to his senses. His princess was born. He could hear her crying, why then could he not move?

"Well?" She raises a brow, "Are you not going to see the princess?"

Legolas let out a breath of relief as Falasdir closed his eyes. Thranduil, however, remained silent. The fortune teller, young as she looked, sounded much older as she angled her head towards the King.

"What is wrong, your Majesty?"

Thranduil could not speak as the elleth smiled at him, a kind smile.

"Your wife is alright, dear King. It was only a slight complication. She is strong, and so is your newborn child. She takes after her parents," she said gently. Thranduil felt his knees go weak. He was waiting for an assurance that Mantheniel was alright. He could not imagine raising another child by himself. Or losing Mantheniel. Losing her would mean his life is forfeit.

Falasdir braced an arm around him to steady him as he lead the King towards the room where the childs cry could be heard turning into muffled sounds.

Then Elrond's lips curved up slightly and before he could speak, Thranduil had stormed into the room, shocking Lorelei and the nursemaid from their fussing over the new born child. Thranduil paused, holding his breath as he glanced at Lindethiel who was beside Mantheniel now, her face distorded in what could be said as disgust. She was still shaking her head when he entered, causing Mantheniel to look at him. She looked absolutely worn out that Thranduil stalked towards her first.

There was still a glint of her drow blood in her eyes as Thranduil reached for her hand, squeezing it gently.

"She's already as stubborn as you," she whispers, a smile flicking across her lips before she falls unconsious. Thranduil's heart pounded in his chest, a previous fear- a trauma easing its way out of the darkest corners of his mind. He didn't want to let Manthaniel's hand go. What if she was to leave, as well? What if- Lindethiel's hand cuts his thought off, as it eased its way around his hands.

"She will be fine," the dark haired half elf assured him before nudging towards where Lorelei was standing along with the rest of the Ellin who had entered the room with him. He swallowed his fear, slowly slipping his hand away from Mantheniel as he stared at Lorelei, a bundle of cloth in her arms. She smiles up at him, excitement on her face.

"She is beautiful," she exclaims walking over to Thranduil who seemed to find it difficult to even move.

"Well, she definitely got her looks from her mother," Falasdir comments, nodding his head for emphasis before Legolas shoves him playfully.

"Her eyebrows are from her father and her strong jaw, do you not see the resemblance? Her beauty is as strong as it is fair," Legolas adds, smiling up at his father, hoping to ease him from the frown he was wearing.

"Well, lets see what your Adar thinks, hmmm little one?" Lorelei offers the child to Thranduil who continues to stare at the baby. Her hair was dark like midnight, much like how drow elves were when they were born. When Mantheniel had explained this before to him, he could not imagine it. Especially Mantheniel with black hair. It was something that happened to their kind, when the child was not pure drow. Although they had expected it to skip this child for she was only 1 fourth of a drow, yet here she was, her hair dark. Her eyebrows were thick, causing Thranduil to smile softly. Before his hands came forward to claim her. As soon as the child touched her fathers arms, it stirred, as if trying to ease closer to him. Thranduil's smile grew wider.

"She's beautiful," he breathes out. Relief washing over him. "She's beautiful." He repeats as Elrond gestures for everyone to leave the room, even reluctant Lindethiel who was half dragged out by Falasdir.

"And here I thought you didn't like children," Falasdir teases as the stepped out of the door.

"Have you see that child? I can practically see a warrior in her already!" Lindethiel had exclaimed before the door was shut behind her, leaving the King and Queen alone with their new princess.

"Hello, my little light," Thranduil whispered quietly as the baby stirred against his chest. He let out a soft laugh, suddenly realizing he was crying. Thank the Valar everyone had left. He ran a finger across her cheeks, which were pink with life. The child crunched up her nose, her chin jutting out.

"You definitely look like your mother," he said, brushing her dark hair softly. Some of the ends were already turning silver blonde. Like his.

"So beautiful," he whispered tenderly, planting a kiss on her head. Her face instantly relaxed, as if all it needed was her fathers gentle kisses.

"Do not grow up so fast, my little light," he says, rocking her gently.

"Are you already conspiring with our daughter, meleth nin?" A voice calls behind him, causing Thranduil to jump up slightly, his cheeks flushing lightly only to find Mantheniel smiling widely at him from the bed.

"You should be asleep," he lamely comments, and further wishing he had just bitten his lip. Mantheniel raises an eyebrow.

"And miss such a precious moment?" She asks. "I think not."

Then he stalks towards her, the baby in his arms. Ths sight of which made Mantheniels heart swell. Thranduil was already a good father. An image of him carrying Legolas flashes in her head and she smiles as he sat on a chair next to her bed.

"She is so tiny," Thranduil comments, touching the little princess hands which clasped around his finger tightly.

"She does not want to be far from you already," Mantheniel comments. Then Thranduil turned to her and his heart sank a little.

"I thought I would lose you," he whispers quietly, the fear in his voice was real and raw and Mantheniel had understood why. He had lost Legolas' mother when Legolas was still a baby. And now, due to this event, he had been reminded of it. She reached a shaky hand towards him and he clasped it tightly.

"You are not getting rid of me, meleth nin," she smiles a tired smile. "You promised eternity, I will make good of that."

He leaned down and kissed her forehead, making the princess grumble at the sudden lack of space. He chuckles slightly.

"Ah, already acting like the princess she was born to be," he says quietly. He poked her nose and she wrinkled it, her brows furrowing.

"Where is Legolas?" Mantheniel asked, her eyes already close as she was drifting back to sleep. Thranduil watched her fall into slumber, their hands still clasped together. He was afraid to let her go. He called for the nursemaid and was surprised when Legolas was the one who entered.

"They said a family gathering would be better," then he watched his father and Mantheniel before he walks over to him, his hand out.

"Here, I will take her a while," he offers and Thranduil hands the princess reluctantly as it cuddled against the prince's chest. The prince walked over the windows, speaking in murmurs to the princess. Thranduil watched him with a smile before he felt Mantheniel squeeze his hand.

He turned to her and found her watching the prince and princess through half lidded eyes. Then tears began to roll down her cheeks, causing Thranduil to worry but the smile that followed it eased him back.

"Legolas will be a good brother," she whispers tenderly. Thranduil placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Sleep now, meleth nin," he tells her. "Our children are safe."

--

Authors note: how was the first chapter??? Of course if u want to find out more details about the blind fortune teller -- its in Battle Scars but this book will only be dedicated to the Mirkwood royal family and how their lives will change because of the princess.

Thoughts?? Vote?? Comment??

Thank you and next update will be two days from now. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

662K 29.3K 39
{Complete} In a world overcome by supernatural creatures, Rose and her family struggle to survive. But when an unexpected invitation arrives in the m...
482 1 20
Blue bloods Eddie and Jamie take on the next milestone in their life as newlyweds.
154 14 18
Back to the mansion thing's are going to get intense starting in the first chapter. please be aware This is all fantasy. to expand the imagination a...
420K 15K 58
❝I think we've lost the meaning of family.❞ • • • A few years ago, we tragically lost our parents, and every day since then, my brothers and I have d...