BROTHERHOOD ⟶ Harry Potter

By kmbell92

[Book One: Brotherhood Series] There was no mystery to Milo Fleamont Potter, even if he was not the Boy-Who-L... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Sneak Peek
Sequel is Up!

Chapter Sixteen

29.4K 2.7K 1.3K
By kmbell92

When Milo was called to his mother's office, he was sure that she had figured out the events of the night where he had found himself face to face with the three-headed dog. Nearly a week had passed since the incident and while it seemed far-fetched, there were only a few things that ever got passed Minerva McGonagall. If anyone had an all seeing eye, it was his mother because she could nearly always sense when something was being kept from her. While it had taken her a little longer to put it together, Milo was certain she was bringing him in to be scolded for even thinking about being out after curfew. He wondered if Bitsy had given him away, although it seemed very unlikely considering Bitsy was extremely loyal to him since he had saved the little house-elf his first year.

Bitsy was young in comparison to the other house-elves but extremely eager to work, however, she had been too eager. Unfortunately, she had worked herself into an exhaustive state and it was Milo who had snuck into the kitchens one evening and found her slumped over, looking to be in a terrible state. The boy didn't hesitate as he scooped up the house-elf and brought her to the Hospital Wing to ask Madam Pomfrey to tend to her. While Poppy wasn't exactly thrilled about being woken up, she couldn't condemn the boy for showing so much care to the creature. When Bitsy finally woke up, her first visitor was Milo, who greeted her with a wave and a smile asking if she was feeling better.

Since that moment, the house-elf seemed to look after the boy, especially knowing that he often found himself in trouble due to his friends. So she was definitely out of the question to turn him in. Perhaps Filch had discovered something that Milo had missed out on, perhaps Harry turned him in? Milo didn't want to think of such a thing, but Harry had yet to speak with him since the events of the night. Perhaps his pride was still feeling wounded that he had been tricked by Draco Malfoy and was nearly caught if it hadn't been for Hermione intervening?

It truly didn't matter because it was definitely not going to matter to his mother. He knew that he was in control of his own actions and Minerva would tell him that he knew better. As he arrived at McGonagall's office, he was preparing his apology, hoping that she would have some form of mercy on his soul, but as he walked in, his mother greeted him with a bright smile before closing the door. 

"Mum? Um...are you alright?" He questioned with a bewildered expression. His mother was possibly the most composed woman in the entire world, so to see her practically giddy, he wasn't sure whether to laugh or be frightened. She motioned him over to her desk where he saw a package lying across a bunch of parchment scrolls. He looked over his shoulder at her, confused as to what she was getting at.

"Go on, open it," Minerva encouraged him practically shoving him forward towards the package. 

"What is it?"

"If you open it, you will see, Milo."

He chuckled, terribly confused by his mother's behavior before he proceeded to rip off the wrapping paper to see a broom. But it wasn't like a broom that he had seen on the market before, it didn't resemble a Cleansweep or nimbus, leaving Milo curious as to what make it was. But he was surprised that his mother had purchased him a broom to begin with. 

"Mum, what...you bought me a broom?"

Minerva nodded her head. "Well, your brother needed a broom after he made the quidditch team for Gryffindor and Wood suggested a Nimbus for him. Nice broom and all for a seeker, but there will always be a broom that is above those that are manufactured in bulk no matter what position a player is."

"What's that?"

"A custom-made one."

It suddenly made sense as to why he didn't recognize the make as independent broom-makers were no longer popular due to large broom companies like Nimbus and Cleansweep. Broom-makers that didn't work for the large companies were rare to come by and when they agreed to make one, it certainly wasn't cheap.

"Mum," Milo turned to her, " this must have cost you a fortune."

"Don't be silly, Milo," Minerva brushed off the notion, " my mother bought me my first broom when I made the quidditch team and it was hand-crafted by a broom-maker. Unfortunately, the damage from my fall, my broom just couldn't recover from that, I would have gladly passed that broom onto you if I could have. It was beautiful, but I did request a special touch to yours."

He watched as she pointed to a part of the handle, the polished wood seemed to be made out of a lighter color of wood, except for one section of the broom, which was noticeably darker. Milo didn't say anything as he waited for his mother to explain.

"My broom couldn't be salvaged but I did keep a piece to myself, I was never sure what to do with it, but now I found a purpose for it. I hope it brings you good luck."

The boy was taken back, knowing how much effort and thought his mother had put into the gift. He wasn't sure if a thank you or a million thank you's would be enough to express how thankful he was. Rather than saying anything he turned to her and wrapped her in a hug. He might have squeezed her a little too tightly but it only caused Minerva to let out a small laugh before she hugged him in return. 

Before the boy left his mother's office to bring his broom back to the Hufflepuff dorms, his mother warned him to keep it quiet that Harry had been given a broom, she was sure that all the first years would have a fit if they learned the rules had been bent for the boy. Milo nodded his head with a silent promise before he left. He was sure Heidi, Max, and Cedric were going to be thrilled to see him with his own broom. 

However, it seemed there were many in the castle that had learned of Harry's broom and they were not thrilled about it. Milo was just trying to get back to the Hufflepuff dorms when he had the misfortune of running into Professor Snape. He prayed internally that the professor would just ignore him, but it was just wishful thinking.

"Well, it certainly seems that Potters continue the reputation of being above everyone else, never having to follow the rules like everyone else," the man's voice was filled with such venom as he spoke to Milo. "Potters are just perfection, aren't they?

 However, Milo simply smiled at him.

"Finally, Professor, we can finally agree on something," Milo said with a happy sigh," I'm so glad we're on the same page now."

Not wanting to experience any more of the wrath that would probably be dealt his way, Milo quickly hurried on, leaving Snape alone in the corridors but he could certainly feel the waves of rage in the distance. He really hoped that his cheekiness wouldn't come back to bite him in the arse or Harry's for that matter. 

***

Milo wasn't sure what he had to do to get in Harry's good graces. He thought after the night where he had attempted to save him from getting in trouble that they would be on better terms, but it was almost as if the entire night never took place. Yet, Neville and Hermione, they went out of their way to talk to Milo and even Ron spoke to Milo on the occasion, especially when Fred and George were present. He was beginning to lose hope that anything was going to develop between him and his brother, he wasn't even sure if quidditch was going to help at all. It would probably only make matters worse knowing his luck.

On Halloween morning, Milo was not in his usual chipper mood. It was a haunting day in his mind because while he couldn't remember everything that had occurred the night of his parents' death, he knew what had happened and it normally left him in a melancholy state. But the night before proved to be quite troubling as he had experienced plenty of nightmares, ones that he was sure were memories and not just regular nightmares.

He could see himself only a toddler, trying to open the door calling out to his mother, father, and brother, hoping someone would open the door. There was a blinding light beneath the door that ended the nightmare and left Milo waking up in the dorm with a massive headache. However, he didn't realize that his dormmates had been attempting to wake him after they had been woken up. It was terribly embarrassing for the boy as he didn't want to bother any of them with his troubles. 

He proceeded pushing himself up from his bed, grabbing one of his blankets and sleeping in the Hufflepuff Common room until morning. It definitely wasn't the most comfortable night of sleep as he drifted in and out of weird and horrible dreams of that night. He wasn't sure if all of it was true or his mind interfering with his dreams. Such as Professor Snape being there and holding up their mother, it didn't make any sense. Milo blamed it on the fact that he had been struggling his hardest in potions because Professor Snape wanted to make his life a living hell since his comment in the corridors. 

"Milo, you look terrible," Katie told him as she found him at the Hufflepuff table that morning, the boy had bags under his eyes and looked ready to fall asleep at the table. 

"I'm fine," he replied trying to force a smile on his face and look more alert for the sake of his friend. "Really."

"You say you're fine, but you're normally doing cartwheels when you hear that we're having pumpkin pancakes and I don't see one on your plate."

"I already ate," he lied. "How's Harry been doing at quidditch practice?"

Katie sighed, knowing that he was changing topics to take the focus off himself. "He's doing fine, Milo. He still won't talk to you?"

"Won't even look at me. I give up, Katie. I really do," Milo said dropping his chin to rest on the table. "I mean, what's the point in trying anymore? Whenever I see him, he looks happy. He's having a good time around the castle and if him being happy doesn't involve me, then I should just leave it alone."

She watched as the boy began twisting at his hair, she was sure at the rate he was going that he was going to end up pulling a tuft of it out. Leaning across the table, she went to pull his hand away but he moved back preventing her from doing so. However, Milo neglected the fact that Katie was not easily deterred as she went climbing across the table. He screeched attempting to get away but she was not alone in her battle to get him to stop. Suddenly as he tried to scramble and get away, he was tackled down and found not only Cedric but Heidi sitting on him, pinning him to the ground. Cedric had a hold of his hands to prevent him from pulling his hair any further while the weight of the two of them prevented him from fighting. 

The Great Hall fell silent at the scene of Katie Bell halfway across the Hufflepuff table with Milo Potter pinned against the floor by Cedric Diggory and Heidi Macavoy.

"I can't...I can't..." Milo called out to his friends.

"Yes, Milo, you can," Cedric told him in an encouraging tone. "You can-"

"I CAN'T BREATHE!" Milo gasped out suddenly causing the other two to jump up. He took a deep inhale as he rolled onto his back. 

"Well, at least we got him to stop pulling his hair," Heidi shrugged her shoulders before Milo let out another whine.

"My sternum." 

"Cedric!" Heidi turned to him. "You fat arse!"

Cedric's jaw dropped. "My arse is not fat! It's perfect! You're the one who needed to lay off the pumpkin pancakes this morning!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 387 26
Harry Potter, brother of the supposedly 'Brother-Who-Lived,' Jace Potter, was sent away at a young age to Lily's sister, Petunia. Mirabel Madrigal, t...
1M 94.2K 48
[Book 2 :Brotherhood Series] After an eventful second year, Milo Fleamont Potter was looking forward to the summer, extra time to spend with his brot...
1.4M 138K 83
Since getting into contact with his brother over the last couple of years, Milo Fleamont Potter has entered a whole other world of adventure, laced w...
3.8K 80 10
Harry Potter, the boy who lived, wasn't alone when Lord Voldemort killed his parents. No. There was someone else. His twin sister, Hannah Potter. The...