The Dark Prince (rewriting)

By Aneil_

[BOOK 1] "His arm reached out, and I felt his hand touch my face in the darkness of his car. Heat prickled on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
News & Thanks

Chapter 26

2.3K 79 3
By Aneil_

Lorn - Acid Rain

Adrianne

We sat in silence, staring at the ground in front of us. Anna looked like she was in deep thought.

"Are you sure?" She asked after some silence.

I nodded back at her. "It's our only chance."

"You really think it'll work," she stated, sounding disappointed. 

"It has to," I murmured. "It's all we've got left."

I looked forward, growing silent again. My stomach growled loudly, and I shifted uncomfortably in my loose restraints.

"Me too, man," she muttered.

I was so hungry.

He hadn't fed us for... however long we'd been here.

I sighed, picturing a plate of french toast, with Reece sitting across from me in the booth.

Rosie's.

What I would give...

I thought of Reece, wishing I could see him one last time. I missed his trademark smirk, his light eyes.

"He came to me a few days ago, you know."

I looked at Anna in confusion.

"Who?"

"Reece. He came to my apartment."

I paused. "For what?"

"You. He told me he had finally found you, but he didn't know what to do. I tried to help him, but... I couldn't give him any answers." She hung her head and looked away from me as I processed what she'd said.

"What do you mean... he finally found me?" I asked slowly.

She looked up at me again, a small light in her eyes. "He's been looking for you for years."

My breath caught in my throat. "What?" I whispered.

"When I first met him, he was looking for someone to break his curse. That's how me and him started talking. He would come to see me and ask about the person that would end his misery." She had a reminiscent look on her face as she spoke.

A rush of emotions raced through me. 

Regret, mainly, from saying goodbye to him. I saw his face again, the hurt in his eyes when I told him I couldn't be with him. Now I knew why he had been so upset. 

It wasn't just me ending a relationship. I'd stopped his chances of having a better life.

How could I have done that to him when he had been waiting for me for years?

"He... he did?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Apparently some crazy old bat told him that love would end his suffering, or something like that. I thought he was crazy at first, but..." she shrugged her shoulders, looking down at herself. "Look at me now."

I opened my mouth to speak again, but the sound of creaking metal interrupted me.

Julian.

"Get ready," I whispered at her.

My eyes landed on his figure as he approached us, smiling.

"Good evening, ladies."

He was wearing a dark jacket over a T-shirt, and dark jeans with boots. His hair was slicked back over his head, and I felt his black eyes dig into mine.

"Hello, handsome," Anna said.

He glared at her.

"Keep your filthy gypsy mouth shut," he spat.

I saw her roll her eyes.

"You've really got some issues, man."

His hand flew across her face. I flinched as I saw her cheek start to turn red, but I forced myself to stay in the chair.

"Wow. You are not cute anymore," she mumbled.

He ignored her and turned to face me. He knelt down next to me, and I looked away from him as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I tightened my grip on the loose rope in my hands, trying to stay still.

He suddenly grabbed my chin with his hand and forced me to look at him, his eyes shining.

"I can't believe I'm getting paid for this," he said, scoffing.

I glared at him. "Fuck you."

"Oh, I would, but I don't like sloppy seconds."

Anna suddenly spoke up. "Why am I even here?"

He shot her look. "You know why, nomad."

She shrugged in confusion. "I don't even know what that means."

He turned to me and spoke.  "Still waiting on Reece to come save you?" His smile sent shivers down my spine. "Don't worry. He'll be here soon enough. I left him a lovely note."

I paused, forcing myself to push Reece out of my mind.

"You know what?" I said, smirking. "At least he's not a fucking slave who follows orders like a little bitch," I spat back at him.

I saw his eyes flash. "What did you just say?"

That got him pissed.

He closed the small distance between us and wrapped both of his hands around my neck.

I couldn't breathe. I struggled to take in air, trying to kick him away.

"I should have just killed you from the start," he growled.

I saw Anna suddenly stand up from the chair, the rope sliding off of her and onto the ground. She charged at him, knocking into the both of us. He fell onto me, and the chair I was in snapped as I hit the ground.

I gasped and took in air as his hands left my throat. I pulled out of the fake knots, quickly looking up to see Julian shove Anna against one of the cement pillars.

I looked around for anything I could use as a weapon, my eyes landing on the broken chair next to me. One of the legs was splintered off. I grabbed the broken leg in my hands, standing up.

I glanced back at them to see him choking her. Her hands clawed at his face, and she brought her knee up in a failed attempt to hit his groin.

Now's my chance.

I ran at him with the leg in my hand, but stopped when I saw her go limp after he hit her in the nose with his fist.

No.

He let her go, and her eyes rolled to the back of her head as she crumpled to the ground. I saw a line of blood drip from her nose before he faced me.

I held my breath before running at him, gripping the chair leg tightly. I swung it at his head but he stepped back and dodged the blow, snatching the leg from my hands. He snapped it in two over his knee, tossing the pieces away.

I stood still, panting. His eyes burned with rage, and he took a step in my direction. I immediately took one backwards, feeling panic rise in my chest.

My eyes darted from side to side, looking for a way out. I quickly looked behind me, seeing that the large room split into a hallway on the far right. I looked back at Julian as he took another step towards me. I walked backwards, putting my hands up in case I had to defend myself.

"You're a feisty one," he breathed at me, his eyes twinkling. He twitched  with adrenaline and advanced towards me again with a smile on his face.

I suddenly turned and bolted away, running as fast as I could across the empty room. My bare feet pounded on the pavement, my heart pounding in my chest. I kept running, heading for the hallway.

I kept my eyes forward, feeling panic bubble up again at the thought of him catching up to me.

I ran into the hallway, making a sharp right. I saw the hall extend in front of me, branching off in both directions.

Maybe I can lose him and find-

A stabbing pain suddenly shot up my right leg from the heel of my foot.

I quickly glanced down, not immediately registering the shard of glass that jutted out of my foot.

Shit.

I took another step, but this time the pain was excruciating.

I fell to the floor, hitting my side. My breath was knocked out of my chest and it took me a second to get air back in my lungs. I glanced down at my foot again, feeling the throbbing pain radiating up my leg. Blood started to come out of  my foot, and I gritted my teeth. I grunted in pain, gripping my thigh.

I have to keep moving.

I looked up to see Julian step into the entrance of the hallway.

Fuck!

I flipped over and started to crawl, knowing I couldn't get back up on my two feet again. I slid and scrambled along the hallway floor, feeling dust and dirt cling to my hands and knees. Small shards of glass cut into my palms, but I kept moving down the hallway, ignoring the stinging feeling.

I could hear his footsteps getting closer, and I tried to crawl at an even quicker speed as fear race through my head.

He chuckled, and I could tell he was much closer now.

I can't outrun him.

I was hyperventilating, overcome by fear. A sick feeling rose in my stomach, but I forced myself to keep moving.

I didn't even know how much blood I was losing from the gash my foot.

I have to make it.

"This is very tiring, you know," he muttered right behind me. His hand suddenly gripped my hair, and he yanked so that I would fall on my back.

Pain washed through me, and I looked up to see him standing above me, his eyes blacker than an abyss.

He kicked my stomach, and I doubled over as air left my body again. Pain sprouted in my chest, and I sucked in air through my mouth.

He smiled at me, and I was sure it would be last thing I saw before I'd die.

_____________

What do you think?! Love you, thank you so much for reading!!!

THIS STORY HAS ALSO BEEN ENTERED IN THE 2017 WATTYS!!Please show some love & vote and comment!! It means the world to me ❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 10.1K 42
"...many spirituals recognize that when dark one appears he is most beautiful, most wonderful and most engaging. The truth only comes out later..." ...
20.2K 696 36
I kept on moving back and he kept walking closer till my back touched the lockers. He trapped me in between his huge hands and I closed my eyes facin...
9.8K 923 31
"You want war? Then war it is. She'll be mine no matter what. If that makes me a murderer, then so be it. You have intertwined our destinies. You inv...
249K 10.9K 44
love was never part of the plan. •[A Wattpad Romance, Dangerous Love, Urban Fantasy and YA Fantasy Featured Novel]• COMPLETED Book 1 in the Grey Sa...