It All Began With A Letter

Da innocentuniverse

Letters. Who knew they could hold your future? Your love? Your job? A fortune? Good news? Bad news? Change mo... Altro

It All Began With A Letter
Chapter 1: Meeting Asher
Chapter 2: Ice Cream
Chapter 3: Hidden Talent
Chapter 4: Matching Names and Faces With Jerks
Chapter 5: Flirting In Class
Chapter 6: Party Time
Chapter 7: Healing Burns
Chapter 8: Italian Restuarant
Chapter 9: Clubbing Hard
Chapter 10: Re-meeting Sam
Chapter 11: Shopping Time
Chapter 12: Free Period
Chapter 13: Wish You Were Here
Chapter 14: Everyone Has Problems
Chapter 15: Dealing With Danny
Chapter 17: Memories
Chapter 18: Songs to Play
Chapter 19: A Day I Want To Forget
Chapter 20: The Dinner
Chapter 21: We're More Alike Than You Think
Chapter 22: The New Student
Chapter 23: Malibu
Chapter 24: Counting Stars
Chapter 25: Candy
Chapter 26: Takes Being A Rebel To Know One
Chapter 27: Young Forever
Chapter 28: Home Sweet Home...
Chapter 29:Graduation
NOT A CHAPTER. JUST A NOTE!

Chapter 16: Depressing News

367 10 0
Da innocentuniverse

Quick Author's Note:

Ahhh! This chapter is so sad but don't worry, I have everything planned out! Please, don't hate me haha anyways here's your chapter!

***********************************************************************************

Chapter 16

When I pulled away from the kiss, I wore a shocked slash quizzical expression on my face. Asher looked at me, his expression blank at first before his mouth curved upward in a real, true, genuine smile. Not a smirk. A real smile!

My heart began racing faster. The taste of his lips still lingered on mine.

Seeing that I wasn't talking and instead was just staring at him, his smile turned to a frown.

"I'm so sorry Riley," he said, starting to apologixe. "I shouldn't have- I just figured since the other day we did, you know-" he kept rambling on until I cut him off by kissing him again.

At first, he didn't kiss back. I figured it was normal seeing as though he was probably in shock. But a second later he was taking over the kiss, kissing me hungrily yet gentle.

When we pulled away, we were both a little breathless. I realized I was now up against the wall. Asher rested his forehead on mine and placed his hands on either side of me, trapping me against the wall.

"I think I should talk more often," he said with a smirk.

"Don't get to full of yourself now," I answered back as I ducked under his arm and headed back into the kitchen.

"Oh, come on, Riley!" he said as he run up behind me.

I continued walking, not bothering to turn and look at him, or even answer. he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, keeping me from moving forward.

I bit my lip to keep from smiling.

"You can't tell me," he said turning me around so that I was now facing him, "that that kiss meant nothing to you. And that whole thing with Logan," he started, trying not to laugh. "Now, I know how to get you jealous," he finished, smirking.

I felt blood rise to my cheeks. "I-I was not jealous!" I cried, crossing ym arms over my chest.

"Yea, and I was not born from my mother," he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

I rolled mine too. "And, that kiss meant nothing to me. You completely shoved yourself at me!" I told him.

"Really?" he asked. I nodded. "Then what was that other one where if I'm correct," Asher said placing his finger on his chin like he was thinking, "You kissed me?"

"That was to get you to shut up!" I told him as I released his grip on me and walked over to the fridge, brefore pouring me some apple juice.

"Okay, then, you can say it, but doesn't mean you meant it," he retorted.

"Well," I argued back, "You're not me so how would you know?!"

He sighed and looked away, obviously knowing I was right. I smirked and spun on my heel as I went to go open up the door for Danny again.

"Miss me?" Danny asked, stepping in as he pulled me in for a hug.

I rolled my eyes. Boys could be dramatic too sometimes. Sometimes even worse than girls.

"No, not really," I answered.

"Sorry." he said with a frown on his face.

"It's fine, whatever," I told him.

We walked into the kitchen and then began to prepare dinner. I grabbed all the plates and cups while Asher grabbed the utensils and Ashley and Logan worked on clearing the table and putting a table cloth over it.

When we all sat down to eat though, I smiled. Why? Because I felt like this was my family.

************************

Later on, Danny had to go home so I hugged him goodbye and told him to have his friends call me. He laughed and shook his head, as he disappeared outside and headed back to his house.

Asher refused to leave and I got tired of srguing with him so I let him stay. We cleared the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher. After, we all decided to watch a movie. Logan wanted to pick so we let her.

Logan wanted to watch Breaking Dawn. I still hadn't watched it even though I had had the DVD for about a month now. However, Logan was crazy about Taylor Lautner and insisted on watching it. Don't get me wrong. I was crazy about Taylor, too. I mean look at those abs! Robert Pattinson could never have those! Instead all he had was glitter.

Halfway through the movie, I got bored and decided to go make some more popcorn. We had wiped out the first batch within the first 15 minutes and no one had really bothered to make some more.

I guess it was perfect timing because as soon as I got up, my phone started vibrating in my back pocket. I pulled it out and answered it without checking the caller ID. I almost never check for it.

"Hello?" I asked.

I heard some snickers and then someone yelling, "OMG! It's her! She answered!"

I furrowed my eyes in confusion. "Who the hell is this?" I asked harshly.

"Your soon to be boyfriend," some guy said in a very cocky attitude.

"Hmp," I said rolling my eyes. "You couldn't be my boyfriend if you tried."

"Really? Cause I saw you the other day at the basketball court checking me out," he commented.

That's when I realized that Danny had actually given his friends my number.

"Can I talk to Danny?" I asked.

"O, Danny, she wants you!" he called. I heard some wolf whistles and rolled my eyes. Boys are such pervs.

"Hey," Danny's chirpy voice said as he came onto the other line.

"Danny! I didn't really expect you to give them my number!" I yelled.

"You should be careful about what you say," he told me. I could just picture him. His feet up on his desk, hands being his head, leaned back in a chair smirking.

"You're such a dumb ass," I told him as I placed the popcorn bag in the microwave and turned it on.

"But you still love me," he replied. "Oh, and go outside," he told me.

I furrowed my eyebrows together and slowly walked over to the front door. I opened the front door and sure enough, there he was with all of his friends. I hung up the phone and glared at him.

"Danny, go home," I told him.

"Oo, fiesty," One of the guys said. "I like fiesty," he stated with a wink.

"Really? Well your about to love me," I told him.

"I think I already do," he replied.

I rolled my eyes at his cheesiness. Then I decided to play with them.

"Asher!" I called out.

Asher appeared seconds later by my side and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"What's up?" he asked.

I nodded my head in the boys' direction and they all turned pale.

"Danny," Asher growled.

"Hey, Asher," Danny said happily.

"Danny, you are so oblivious," I told him.

"Riley, I know Asher hates me, but I don't care. And I never will. Because I know that I need to be mature about it. Plus, we can't hurt each other without hurting you," he told me.

I smiled at him. "Awh, Danny! You're so sweet!"

He smiled back cheekily.

"Now go back home," I told him, my smile washing away.

"Bye, Riley," he called as he walked back home, his friends trailing behind him.

**********************************

The movie was just about over when I got another call. This time, I checked the caller ID. It said unknown and I figured it could be one of Danny's friends but I still answered it, curious as to who it was.

"Hello?" I asked walking into the kitchen. Logan hated it when people talked during a movie.

"Hello, is this Riley Jones?" The voice asked.

I nodded and then stopped when I realized they couldn't see me.

"Uhm, yes. Speaking?" I asked, trying to be polite.

"Uhm, this is Nancy Johnson from the local hospital in Orlando. I was calling to tell you that, well, uhm, your mother was involved in a plane crash. She is here and we are treating her but she isn't showing any good signs or responding. Riley," she said pausing. "Your mother is dead."

My mouth hung open and tears started to blur my vision. I dropped the phone and it fell onto the floor and broke as the battery door flew across the floor and the battery popped out.

"I- my- my mom," I said trying to get a grip around the words and put them all together.

Asher suddenly walked in and stared at me.

"Riley? What's wrong?" he asked.

I shook my head and darted out the door. I couldn't let him see me like this! Heck, I didn't care anymore. I just wanted to get away, be by myself and think. I didn't have any idea where I was running to, I just ran and ran as tears streamed down my face and my vision blurred. I brought my shirt up to my face and wiped away the tears.

I probably looked like a mess. It was humid outside and my hair looks horrible when it's humid out. Plus I probaby looked like a panda, my eyeline and mascara all smeared.

I kept running, just trying to tell myself It was all a dream. She's not dead.

One time I actually believed it before I realized that if it was a dream, I would've stopped running. I couldn't believe it.

My mother was gone, I thought as I ran across the road, my vision still blurred.

A car began honking as it drove towards me. It was too close to stop. I was going to die, too. But what did it matter? At least I'd be with everyone I loved.

A strong pair of muscular arms reached out and grabbed me before I could get hit.

"Riley," Asher's gentle voice said. "What's wrong?"

"My- my mom. She's dead," I cried out.

Asher's face softened. If I wasn't so weak at the moment, I would've yelled at him for being sympathetic. I hated owing people and having other feel sorry for me.

"Why didn't you let me die?" I yelled into his chest.

"Riley, you really need to look both ways," he joked as he walked so we were on the sidewalk.

I glared at him. "You should've let me die."

"And why would I do that? I'd never be able to live with myself if you died!" he told me.

"But I'd be happy. I'd be with everyone that loves me," I choked out.

"Riley," he said gently stroking my cheek.

I ducked my head down and stared at my feet, tears continuing to fall, never ending.

Asher used his finger to lift my chin, forcing me to look at him, before he leant in and closed the gap, kissing me.

It all became to hard to get a grip of. My mother's death, me almost getting killed, this kiss.

And that is when I blacked out.

**************************************************************************************************

Author's Note:

So sad :( I literally almost teared up writing this. Please don't hate me! It all has to do with the mystery and my master plan.

So there's your chapter. As soon as this one is posted, I'm automatically going to work on the next one!

So do all that good stuff. Vote, comment, fan, and LOOK BOTH WAYS! Lmao :] tehheee

Anyways, thanks and I hope you all loved it.

Byeeeee

~writingfreelyxoxo~

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

85.9K 312 13
As the title says
1.1M 62.5K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
998K 22.5K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...