Howl of Konoha (Naruto Fan-fi...

By strawberrylover013

The Himura clan worships their deity; the great mountain dog (wolf) Okami. But the Himura clan sealed the dei... More

Blood and Hate
Becoming a Ninja
Team 7!!!
The bell test...
Mission: land of waves!
Training in the waves
Okamis warning and Zabuza's return
B ranked mission: cleared!
M-My house!!!! And the Chunin Exam
A series of Changes
The Chunin Exams first test
Second Exam: Forest of Death
Stick Together
A Snakes Poison
Backup has arrived!
Who are you..?
Moving on
Making up
Don't Listen
More Training...!?
First Match: Natsuki versus Kankuro
Naruto versus Neji
Shikamaru versus Temari
Egos Clash Gaara versus Sasuke
Attack on Konoha Snake versus Wolf Part I
Attack on Konoha Snake versus Wolf Part II
The Monster Inside
Tears from the Sky and a Broken Wolf's Cry
Ghost from the Past
When Nighttime Falls
The Fifth Hokage
Mission at the beach!!
What's Under Your Mask!?!?
Remembering the Past
On Your Marks. Get Set. GO!
Halfway
The Calm Before the Storm
You cant trust an Uchiha
Starting a new life for Him
Until We Meet Again

The Written Test....

7.5K 271 104
By strawberrylover013

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I am the examiner of the 1st test of the Chunin Selection Exam, Morino Ibiki!"

---------------------------------------------------- Sasuke's POV ------

The whole room turned deathly quiet with the sudden appearance of the man clad in black and various scars covering his face. I could feel his intense amount of chakra and let me tell you, it wasn't a comfortable feeling.

I felt something start to shake in my arms and realised that I was still holding a deaf Natsuki. I hugged her into my chest and tried to calm her down even though I knew she was still in pain. Every now and then I would hear slight whimpers escape her lips and it hurt me to see her like this and not being able to do anything about it. I caressed her blood stained ears and shushed her.

"Let me take a look at her." A heavy voice demanded. I looked up and met Ibiki's sharp features and nodded, handing Natsuki over to him.

He assessed the damage done to her ears and called over a medic who used their chakra to heal her ears.

The medic handed Natsuki back to me and I held her in my arms with a worried look etched across my face.

"Sasuke-kun, how is she?" I heard Sakura's squeaky voice calling me.

"She'll be fine once she wakes up." I say cooly.

"I'm so glad." She replied placing a hand over her chest. 'I thought Sakura hated Natsuki? Hn, girl's are too confusing.'

"Yea well so are boys..." A soft voice spoke up. I looked down at the wolf girl in my arms and smirked.

"So you read my mind again, huh?"

She gave me a weak smile and sat up.

"Don't worry, I didn't read too much." She grinned. I smiled and pulled her into a hug.

"You really had me worried, you know."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"It okay, how are your ears?"

"Better, they don't hurt as much anymore but think I'll start to get a headache if there's too much noise around." She says softly. I nod and help her to her feet just as Ibiki was giving out the instructions for the exam.

"We will now begin the first part of the Chunin Selection Exams." Ibiki started. I walked over to the others while supporting Natsuki. "Hand in your application forms and receive one of these number tags, and sit where the number tells you to. Then we'll pass out the papers for the written examination." Ibiki ordered. Naruto started to freak at the mention of a written test.

"A PAPER TEST!!!!!" Naruto screamed. I felt Natsuki flinch. I covered her sensitive ears and called out to Naruto.

"Oi teme! Watch how loud you are! Natsuki's ears are still sore!" I yell, catching not only the attention of Naruto but the other rookies as well.

The fan girls all shot Natsuki death glares and I could practically see their killing auras, while Naruto started to vomit up apologies. I sighed and glanced back to Natsuki who started to straighten up.

"It's alright Sasuke, I'm fine now." She said. I nodded and we went to get our numbers.

---------------------------------------------------- Natsuki POV --------

After going through what seems like hell with my ears, a man with scars got a medic ninja to help heal my ears so now I could hear things again but they still hurt a bit.

The man with the scars who I found out later to be Ibiki called us up one at a time to be handed a number for where we were going to sit during the written test. 'Argh, it had to be a WRITTEN test!' I thought annoyed. I could tell Naruto was also not keen on the test. Let's just say that back at the academy, me and Naruto weren't exactly top students when it came to written tests.

I ended up pulling the number 18 and found myself sitting next to a Cloud Ninja and a familiar scary red headed ninja. Yup, you guessed it, it was Gaara.

I found out I was unconsciously starring at him when he turned and glared at me. I felt myself jump at his huge negative chakra but I refused to let it show and ended up laughing awkwardly.

"Ahaha, let's do our best, Gaara." I said. He stared at me a bit longer and then turned back to face the front. I let out a nervous breath of relief. 'For a second there I thought he was gonna kill me..'

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to the cloud ninja.

"Yo, my names Kohaku," he said and stuck his hand out for me to shake. I took his hand and shook it.

"My names Natsuki." I said with a smile. Now that I get a good look at him, he's pretty attractive. He has short, slightly spiked dark brown hair, with his headband around his forehead, and emerald green eyes.

"Is this your first time taking the test, Natsuki?" Kohaku asked.

I nodded, "Yea, I'm really excited about it. It should be fun. What about you?"

"Yea, same for me. My village rarely gets to participate in the exams so it's a big deal as to who gets to take the test."

"Well then good luck." I give him a closed eye smile and he chuckles.

"Haha. Yea, same to you."

I turn back to face the front but catch Sasuke and Kiba sending evil glares at Kohaku. I sweat drop and send them a reassuring smile. They turn back to the front and I start scanning the room for my other team mates.

I spot Naruto near the front freaking out and Sakura a few rows behind smirking.

"She seems to think she'll pass this test without a problem."

'...You got that right.'

I was snapped out of my thought when Ibiki starts explaining the rules.

"Listen up brats! The first exam has a few important rules. I will not accept any questions, so listen carefully!"

I sat up straight and fixed my ears on him, focussing on everything that came out if his mouth and memorised it.

"First rule: You will all be given 10 points at the start. The test consists of 10 questions, each question worth 1 point. This test is a deduction bassed test. If you get one question wrong, you will get 1 point deducted. If you get 3 questions wrong then your score will be reduced to 7."

'Okay then so all I have to do is get most of them correct and I'll stay with a high score. Seems easy enough..'

"Don't just look at one part of the bigger picture Natsuki. There's always more to things than what is given on the surface."

'Aye. Glad I have you with me Okami.'

"Second rule: the pass-fail decision will be determined by your teams total score!"

My jaw dropped. 'NO DAMN WAY!'

I glanced over at Naruto and noticed my team doing the same. 'I know I'm bad at tests but Naruto is at least 1000 times worse! I remember in one test, he was so nervous he even misspelled his own name.'

"Wait!" I snapped my head over to Sakura. "What do you mean by teams total score!?" She screamed. I gritted my teeth.

'Dammit. Doesn't she know when to shut up?'

"I'm growing tired of that bag of meat, why don't we just kill her?"

'Argh, don't tempt me.'

"Shut up!" Ibiki shouted. "There is a reason for this. Shut up and listen. I also understand that there is a team of four this year instead of the normal team of three so I have made it that, that team of four has to score higher than the other teams of three that are here."

Sakura huffed and sunk back down into her chair and let Ibiki explain.

"Now that you know that, let's move on to the next rule. If an examiner determines that you cheated or did anything similar during the test...." He motioned to the Chunin and Jounin seated along the sides of the room. "Then you will be deducted 2 points for each action. In other words, there will be people who will be forced to leave this place without their tests being graded."

Gasps where heard throughout the room and I noticed Kohaku was sitting awe struck at the intensity and seriousness of the test.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." I whisper to him. He sends me a small smile and mouths a thank you to me.

"Those who try to cheat without thinking carefully will only hurt themselves. You are all trying to become Chunin. If you are a ninja, start acting like a first-rate one."

Damn this just keeps getting harder and harder! Oh well, at least we have Sasuke and Sakura on out team, with them we're sure to pass even if me and Naruto get low scores.

"Also, if anyone in that team gets a zero then the whole team fails."

'What!?!? NO WAY! HE CAN DO THAT!?'

"Calm down Natsuki.."

'But you heard what he said! With both me and Naruto on the team then it's almost guaranteed that we'll fail!'

"Just calm down, you have me remember?"

'But-'

"No buts, just pay attention."

I looked around and saw Sasuke loose all hope in passing, Sakura was screaming at Ibiki and Naruto was sweating buckets. The poor knuckle head.

"Shut up! The last question will be given 45 minutes after the start of the test. You have one hour to complete the exam. BEGIN!"

As soon as Ibiki finished, everyone flipped over the papers and I immediately started to hear people panicking. I flipped over my paper and read the first question.

'The parabola, B, represents a shuriken's maximum throwing distance of the enemy ninja, A, from a height of 7 meters. Figure out the trait of the enemy ninja that can be observed from the ellipse formed by the shuriken, and figure out the maximum throwing distance in flat ground. Explain your reasoning.'

"Wow. These questions aren't easy huh?"

'WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!?!?!?! HOW THE HELL DO THEY EXPECT GENIN TO KNOW THIS SHIT!?!?'

"Calm down Natsuki and think for a second."

'Huh!? What are you talking about Okami? I've tried thinking about it, but this question is impossible for me to do.'

"Argh! What did I tell you before the start of the test?"

'Uhm.... Oh! You said don't just look at one part of the bigger picture and that there is always more to things then what is given on the surface.'

"Correct. Now why do you think there are so many ninja watching you? Why did that Ibiki person spend so much time emphasising the rules? Think back to when you and your team did that test with Kakashi and you had to use the bells."

'Hmmmm..... umm... uhhm. Oh does it have something to do with the whole no cheating thing?'

"Correct. What made you think that?"

'Well I just thought back to when he was explaining to us about the ninja observing us. He said 'Those who try to cheat without thinking carefully will only hurt themselves. You are all trying to become Chunin. If you are a ninja, start acting like a first-rate one.' So I figured that it had something to do with that.'

"Mmhm. Look to you're left."

I did as I was told a glanced at Gaara, and my eyes widened in shock. Gaara made a eye out of sand and sent it around the room.

"To your front."

I looked to my front and saw that Shino kid using his bugs to get the answers. My ear twitched and I noticed. Tenten controlling the mirrors on the lights with wire to see other peoples papers.

'I get it now! The main point of the test is to cheat!'

"Smart girl. I think you'll be fine on your own for now. Call me if you need help."

'Thank you Okami. I can so do this!'

"Don't worry 'bout it kid. Good luck."

I nod and decide to use my mind reading and use it on Sakura cause I'm 100% sure she's the only one in the room who knows the answers.

After working on the test for about 20 minutes I finished the paper. I was about to flip it over signalling I was done when I felt something scratch at my leg. I look down and see Akamaru. I pick him up and place him on my lap. He scratched at my paper and I fingered Kiba sent him to get the answers off me. I thought I'd be nice and I let Akamaru see my answers. To be honest, I want all of the rookies to get through and pass the test.

When Akamaru was finished he jumped off my lap and ran back to Kiba who placed him on his head. Kiba glanced back at me and mouthed a thank you. I smiled and winked, then flipped my paper over and thought I'd get some sleep while waiting for the last question.

----------------------------------------------------

"Now it's time for the 10th question!"

My eyes snapped open and I sat up straight and listened out for the question.

"Yes, the tenth question. But before I get to that, there are a few more rules I would like to inform the remainder of you about."

My eyes widened and I glanced around the room, over half of the participating teams have already been kicked out. Just then I heard the door open and I spun my head around to see who it was. It was old Cat Ears. Did he need to go to the bathroom or something?

"Hm. You're lucky. You're puppet show didn't have to go to waste." Ibiki said in a bored tone of voice. Puppet show? What's puppets got to do with the test?? Did I miss something while I was asleep!?

"Oh well, sit down." Ibiki ordered and Cat Ears went back to his seat next to Tenten and a now empty seat.

"I will now explain... This is..... a hopeless rule."

Wait. What? What he he'll is he on about!? Maybe his old age is getting to him? But then again he might not actually be that old? Maybe it's just his scars that make him look older? Now that I think about it, what should I have for dinner? Naruto will probably ask me to go get ramen with him after the exam, but I don't really feel like ramen today. I think I might still have some mince in the freezer at home...? Maybe I should make meatballs!? Yea that sounds nice! Okay so if I make meatballs then what should I have with it? Maybe I should go shopping for some stuff to cook---

"Natsuki! Focus and listen to what he's telling you!!"

'Gah! Sorry!'

"You are to choose if you want to take the question or not." Ibiki informs.

'What does he mean we can choose to answer the next question? If it gets us closer to becoming chunin then of course we want to take the question.' I thought.

"Choose? So what happens if we don't take the tenth problem?" The blonde girl who was with Cat Ears and Gaara when we first ran into them asked. So she's still here, huh?

"If you choose not to take it then your points will be reduced to zero and you fail the exam. Your two other team mates will fail along with you."

The room started to erupt into mummers and whispers between ninja, the occasional few would stand up and question Ibiki. I could see he was getting annoyed and would snap any moment.

"Shut up!"

There it is.

"Here's the other rule. If you choose to take it and get it wrong.... You will.... You will loose the privilege to take the Chunin Exams forever!!"

What the hell!? He can't do that!

"What kind of dumb rule is that!?" I exclaim and slam my hands on the desk and stand up. "Don't you think you're going too far with all of these rules!? Just because we fail one stupid test doesn't mean that you get the privilege of taking away our only chance at becoming chunin! Some of us have dreams that we are aiming for and becoming a chunin is the first step out of many! So you can't just say you'll take that goal away from us! I won't allow it!!" I scream and catch everyone's attention. I wasn't just speaking about myself, but for people like Naruto who's dream it is to become Hokage and people like Sasuke who want to take revenge for their loved ones. Just the thought of him being able to take away someone's important dream makes my blood boil.

"She's right! There has to have been people who have taken the Chunin Exam in the past!" I look over and see Kiba standing up and voicing his own opinion with Akamaru agreeing.

"Heh. You were unlucky." Ibiki chuckled evilly to himself. I narrow my eyes and bare my fangs at him.

"What do you mean." I growl.

This year is different. This year I make the rules and you brats follow. But you should be happy that I was kind enough to give you a choice. Those that are not confident can choose whether or not to take it, and take the exam next year, and the year after that." Ibiki explained.

There was a moment of silence while everyone tried to process what we were just told. I sat back in my chair and growled. 'No matter which option we choose there is still a 50% chance we fail. And with Naruto our chance drops down again. The way I see it is that we're screwed either way.'

"Now let's start."

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and watched for who was leaving. One by one, teams raised their hands and left the room. After a few minutes the room was cut in half again as more empty chairs appeared. I kept my eyes fixed on my own team more than the others. Sakura and Sasuke where about as relaxed as they could be in this situation but Naruto.., Naruto was an entirely different story. He was sweating buckets and fidgeting. I know he is really torn at this decision. It's either be a genin forever or pull the rest of us down with him. Hang in there Naruto! I know you can do it!

I felt someone tapping my shoulder and I looked over to see Kohaku giving me a sad smile.

"Well looks like I'm done here. I'll see you later Natsuki." He said and I nodded.

"Yea. It was nice meeting you Kohaku. I hope we can see each other again." I said.

"Yea. Send me a letter next time you decide to visit the Hidden Cloud Village, I'll give you the grand tour." He said and winked. My cheeks slightly coloured. "Anyway, good luck Natsuki. I know you can do it so don't give up. I'm rooting for you."

I smiled and waved goodbye as him and his team left the building. I sighed and glanced to my left and noticed Gaara was still there, a face showing no emotion. I sighed again and looked back to the front and my heart dropped.

'No Naruto! Don't raise your hand!!'

"Do you choose to not take the question?" Ibiki asks and walks over to Naruto. I sigh and go to stand up but stop when I hear a shocking slam. I throw my head up and stare back at Naruto.

"Screw you! I'm not gonna run away!" Naruto exclaims. "I'll take the question! Even if I become a genin forever. I'm going to become Hokage no matter what! I'm not scared!!"

A grin spreads itself across my face. 'That's my favourite knuckle head.'

"I like this kid. He has guts and isn't afraid to speak his mind. I wonder if that's something he picked up from you."

'Hn, no way. Naruto is Naruto. There's no two ways about it. He's being honest with himself, he's always been like that.'

"But I still believe that you have some part in his new found courage."

'Maybe....'

Everyone else in the room took in Naruto's little speech and it seemed to give them all a huge boost of courage. Courage to stay and take the last question.

"I will ask one more time. This is a choice that will impact your life. If you want to quit, nows the chance." Ibiki warned.

"I'm not going to take back my words. That's my ninja way." Naruto replied, determination covered his voice and seemed to wrap itself around every word he said.

Ibiki exchanged a few nods with the other chunin around the room before finally turning back to us and smirking.

"Then... For the First Exam... everyone here....Passes!"

The room erupted into cheers and confused looks but that didn't really seem to matter anymore. I grinned and ran up to Naruto and jumped on his back hugging him.

"Nice, Naruto! We passed!!" I cheered. Naruto gave me a shocked look but it disappeared and was replaced with a grin as well.

"Hell yeah!"

"H-hold on! What about the tenth question!?" Sakura's squeaky voice ran through my ears. I glanced at her then to Ibiki who had a smile plastered over his face.

"There was no such thing to begin with." He laughs. "Or you can call the two-choice question the tenth question."

"What...?"

"Oh. Who cares Sakura! We all pass so I don't see why it matters." I say and smile. She sighs and mumbles an 'I guess so.'

After a few more questions and answers from Ibiki we had officially passed the first test. I went over to meet up with Sasuke when a rock was thrown through one of the windows and an girl with purple hair tied into a pony tail and wearing revealing clothing appeared with a banner.

"Alright you maggots! I'm the Second Examiner, Matarashi Anko! Let's go to the next exam!" She exclaimed and fist pumped the air.

Great. Another weird person showed up.

======================================================

Hey everyone. Si here's my next chapter. Sorry if I had you waiting long.

So now we move onto the second exam in the forest of death! hope you all look forward to it.

And I'm sorry if this chapter sucks. I'm not really a fan of the first exam anyway so yea :P

See ya later~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 9.9K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
450K 13.8K 43
What happens when a young (and bratty) girl's body is taken over by.... herself? Well, from the future. Konohagakure is in the midst of a deadly war...
84.2K 1.9K 30
Tsukiko had had it rough. Living with her slightly psychotic mother was hell for her and she had scars to prove it. She knew who her father was and w...
52.6K 861 18
Y/n Senju is the daughter of the two great Legendary Sanin, Tsunade and Orochimaru (an accident of course). She is hated by her mother and loved by h...