lab rats || season one

By kellberg

haley ford is leo dooley's best friend. they have been best friends since they were little kids. little did t... More

1. crush chop and burn. (pt. 1)
2. crush chop and burn (pt. 2)
3. commando app
4. leo's jam
5. rats on a train
6. exoskeleton vs. grandma
7. smart and smarter
8. bionic birthday fail
9. death spiral smackdown
10. can i borrow the helicopter?
12. chip switch
13. drone alone
14. chore wars
15. dude, where's my lab?
16. air leo
17. night of the living virus
18. mission invisible
19. concert in a can
20. mission: space
lab rats season two

11. back from the future

6.2K 121 188
By kellberg

Haley's P.O.V.

It was another day down in the lab as Davenport was describing Adam, Bree, and Chase's next mission. Leo was sitting down on Davenport's computer, messing something up as usual, and I sat on one of the stools playing Subway Surfers as we listened. Well, I was mainly listening.

"Your mission supplies are packed. Your schematics have been uploaded into Chase's chip, and your transport is on the way." Davenport was saying, "Did I forget anything?"

Little did he know that he never even told them what the mission was.

"No. We'll just guess what the mission is and see how it all plays out." Bree said sarcastically. Davenport rolled his eyes and began to explain.

"A particle collider is a three mile long underground facility scientists-" Davenport began to say.

"Raise subatomic particles at each other at light speed for energy experiments." Chase cut him off excitedly and him and Davenport started freaking out together, "So cool!"

They wiggled their fingers together and made some weird noise. Without looking up from my phone, I said, "You guys are the biggest nerds ever."

"There's a particle collider in Berkeley that is accelerating out of control, and your mission is to shut it down." Davenport said once he was done rolling his eyes at me.

"Awesome! I hope one of us knows how to do that." Adam muttered underneath his breath. I put my phone back in my pocket, and turned to listen to the mission since it finally sounded kind of interesting.

"We have to act quickly." Davenport said as he walked over to the computer Leo was on, "The scientist who operates the facility-excuse me," He said as he moved Leo away from the computer, whose eyes widened massively, "Have already evacuated the contour center, and if we don't shut it down in time, it will create a massive black hole that will implode the entire planet."

"Sweet. I'm already giving up on life as it is." I said with a laugh.

"Today?!" Leo asked him, "No, that's not going to work. Today is Shelly Evans birthday, and her mom makes the best cupcakes!"

We all gave him weird looks as he looked up at us with a blank face, "I'm just saying, that woman doesn't skimp on the sprinkles."

"Don't worry, Leo. You will get your cupcakes. Adam, Bree, and Chase have all the training they need to shut the collider down." Davenport said as they all walked around the counter and I spun around in my stool to face them.

"I don't know, Big D. I think these guys are going to need some back up!" Leo sang loudly as he threw his arms up into a superhero position.

"Yeah, that's why you're going to be back up in here in the lab with me!" Davenport said and Adam started to laugh loudly.

"Oh, he said back up and you said back up!" He laughed and we all gave him weird looks, "Saying things twice makes it funny! Oh! Saying things twice makes it-"

"Stop it!" Davenport yelled.

Right after he yelled that, there was a large bright blue force field thing that formed above us. It shot down and landed right next to us. There was spinning orange rings around it and the force field thing dissolved after a moment. There was a young man, who was wearing these weird black glasses, sitting in this thing that looked like he was playing one of those racing games. The six of us began to scream loudly and I immediately shot up from the stool and ran behind the counter next to Bree. We held onto each other tightly as we ducked down. Leo ran behind Davenport and Adam quickly jumped into Chase's arms.

"Nobody panic!" Davenport said to us.

"Yeah, I think we're past that!" I yelled from behind the counter.

"It's probably just the cable guy." Davenport said to us. Bree and I slowly came back up to get a better look at the man. He took off the weird glasses and smiled at us.

"Come on, Big D! I just came from seven years in the future! Your time machine actually worked!" The man said as he undid his seatbelt and stood up. I looked at him oddly as I couldn't help but be freaked out.

"It's me! Leo!" He said.

What?! The six of us looked at each other in shock, and I'm surprised I didn't pass out. This was Leo in the future?! He actually grew some more because he definitely wasn't as short as he is now.

"Wow! The cable guy has the same name as you!" Adam said to Leo amazed.

"Wait, if you're really me, then you know the handshake I made up in case I ever became a spy." Leo said to Future Leo as he walked up to him.

"Requesting authentication double O Leo." Future Leo said. The two of them did this really weird handshake, and Leo started freaking out.

"It really is me!" He said excitedly as he jumped up and down.

"So you're the future version of him?" Davenport asked Future Leo and he nodded.

"Do you know what this means?! I cracked time travel! Ha Ha Ha! I cracked time travel! I cracked time travel! I cracked time travel!" He shouted as he started to dance around in a circle. He turned back to Future Leo and said, "You do me a favor. When I see you in seven years, can you remind me to tell me how awesome I am?! Let me high-five myself!" He said as he clapped both of his hands together in the air.

"Just when I thought his ego couldn't get any bigger." I said underneath my breath.

"Oh, I'm sure you won't forget. Hey, he just said what I said! Technically, I just said what I said. Okay, you're going to have to stop doing that. Stop! Stop! Stop!" Leo and Future Leo kept saying at the same time until Future Leo finally covered Leo's mouth. It was actually pretty amusing to watch.

"It's so good to see you guys!" Future Leo said when he saw Adam, Bree, and Chase. He went over to them quickly and hugged the three of them tightly.

"It's good to see you too! Older, yet strangely similar Leo." Chase said confused. Future Leo pulled away from them, and when he saw me, he gasped loudly.

"It's so good to see you, Haley!" He said and he hugged me quickly. I immediately became confused, but hugged him back anyways.

"You too?" I said to him confused. Didn't he pretty much just see all of us a few minutes ago? Or seven years from now? I'm just confusing myself now.

"So, what did time travel feel like?" Davenport asked Future Leo, "Did your body mass increase exponentially as you accelerated towards light speed?"

"Uh, I pushed a button, felt a lot of wind, there was a big flash, but yeah. Mass and speed stuff." Future Leo said as he patted Davenport's shoulder.

"So if you're from the future, then what color are my eyes?" Adam asked Future Leo and we all rolled our eyes. Bree walked over and shoved Adam out of the way.

"Ignore him. Come on, Future Leo." She said as she started to lead him back towards the time machine, "Let's jump to 2025 and see what people are wearing. I want to start now and be a trend setter!"

"Sorry, but it took Big D years to scrape up enough Zanol fuel for me to come here once and go back." Future Leo said to her.

"Fine, but if I end up wearing mom jeans and hair scrunchies, you are going to get back in that thing and fix it!" She said to him before walking back over to me. Mr. Davenport's phone started buzzing in his pocket and his eyes widened when he pulled it out and looked at it.

"The collider mission! You guys have to get ready. Head to the equipment room and gear up." He said to Adam, Bree, and Chase.

"Nice to meet you, Future Leo!" Bree said as the three of them started heading for the door.

"Yeah, congrats on growing out of your awkward stage!" Adam said and then the three of them walked out of the room.

"Wait, why didn't just just bring Future Adam, Bree, Chase, and Haley with you? Let me guess. You just hopped into the time machine and took off without them. That's so like me!" Leo said proudly, which made me smack him on the arm. I was pretty curious to know where I was at though. Since Leo and I are best friends, I thought he would've brought me with him. Right?

"Actually, that's why I'm here." Future Leo said to us, "Adam, Bree, and Chase don't make it to the future."

My face immediately fell and I immediately became confused. If they didn't make it to the future, then what happened to them?

"What?!" Leo and I exclaimed at the same time.

"Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!" Adam cried as he ran back into the room. The four of us turned towards him with our eyes widened. Had he heard what Future Leo just said?

"I forgot to pack my pudding." He said with a smile as he grabbed it off the table and ran back out of the room.

Why am I not even surprised?

-------

The four of us got onto the elevator and went upstairs into the kitchen. We didn't want to risk Adam, Bree, and Chase hearing what Future Leo had to tell us.

"What do you mean Adam, Bree, and Chase don't make it to the future?" Davenport asked Future Leo.

"You sent me back here with a video that will explain everything." He said to Davenport. He pulled out a small device from his pocket and placed it on the counter in front of us. He turned it on and a blue screen appeared in front of us.

"What is that?" I asked him amazed, knowing that I would probably have one of these in seven years.

"It's a holophone." Future Leo answered.

"I invented the holophone?" Davenport asked excitedly.

"No, but you did wait in line six days to get one." Future Leo told him.

Davenport seemed disappointed as both of the Leos and I laughed. An image showed up on the screen, and I felt myself immediately cringe when I saw an older, bald, and fat Davenport with a pile of food on his desk.

"Greetings past, Donald!" Future Davenport waved and the present Davenport looked shocked by his appearance.

"That's me?! Please tell me the holophone adds a hundred pounds." Davenport said.

"Even if it did, what about the other two hundred?" I asked him.

"The next seven years are pretty hard on you, Big D." Future Leo told him and Leo started to snicker from beside me.

"Or should I say Bigger D?" He said to us and the three of us, besides Davenport, laughed.

"If you are watching this, we cracked time travel! Ha ha! Inter-dimensional high five!" Future Davenport said. He held up his hand and present Davenport ran over to the screen and high fived it.

"I just high-fived my future self!" He said to us excitedly. We all just have him a look and then he said, "Well, look at me! Let me have some joy!"

"I sent Leo back in time to stop you from sending Adam, Bree, and Chase on the particle collider mission." Future Davenport said.

"What? why?" Davenport asked the screen.

"Now I'm sure you're asking 'what? why?'" Future Davenport said to him and Davenport started to laugh, "I know myself so well."

"As a scientist, I am loathe to change the past, but in this case, I have to make an exception. Adam, Bree, and Chase don't return from the mission. Send an automated rover in their place. It's the only chance we have to save them. Oh and by the way, every time you say 'Hey! I think this calls for a cookie', think about this."

That's when Future Davenport lifted up his shirt, and we all yelled loudly and covered our eyes. Davenport quickly turned the holophone off before our eyes were burned for life, even though they were already pretty close.

"How could I send them on a mission they don't return from?" Davenport asked us.

"And how could you let your hair recede with so many trusted over-the-counter remedies available?" Leo asked him.

"If Adam, Bree, or Chase hear any of this, it'll shake their confidence in future missions and their confidence in me so please tell me you won't say anything to them." Davenport said, but part of me disagreed. Didn't they deserve to know?

"But Mr. Davenport-" I began to say but he cut me off.

"Just promise me." He told me. I sighed before saying, "I promise."

"I promise." Future Leo said. Davenport looked down at Leo expectingly.

"Future me? Speaks for both of us." Leo said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I slowly turned to Future Leo and said, "You never told me what happens to me in the future."

"The truth is, I haven't seen you in years." He told me and Leo and I both looked shocked.

"What?" We both asked.

"After Adam, Bree, and Chase didn't come back, you took it pretty hard. You and your family ended up moving away because they could tell you weren't happy here anymore. When I found out how to reach you, you mailed me a holophone message to give to you." He pulled out the holophone and immediately set it on the table. Another blue screen appeared and there I was. I was sitting on a couch and my hair was to my shoulders. I definitely looked older than I was now.

"Well, I just wanted to begin this message by saying this is weird as crap. I never in a million years thought I would be sending a message to myself in the past, but with the Davenports, you never know what's going to happen. Haley, if you're watching this, you deserve to know why I didn't stay in Mission Creek. After Adam, Bree, and Chase didn't come back, it hit me really hard. Whenever I came to the Davenports, all I would think about is how they weren't going to be there. There was also a part of me that was angry at Davenport for even sending them in the first place, but he wouldn't have known something like that would've happened. It eventually became so bad for me I convinced my parents to move away from Mission Creek. It would give me a chance to start over and live a new life without Adam, Bree, and Chase. But one thing I didn't think about before I left was Leo. I left my best friend behind, and I still regret it to this day. You may think this doesn't sound like you, but the reason I haven't contacted him in so many years was because I am still scared that he's upset with me. This holophone message is the first time Leo has seen me in years. If Adam, Bree, and Chase come back from the collider mission this time, remember one thing. Never give up your friends for anything, because if you do, you'll end up like me. Make your moments count now so you're happy in the future."

The blue screen turned off and Future Leo slowly picked up the holophone. I didn't even know what to say. How could I have left Leo behind? He was my best friend and he must've hated me for years. That explains why he was so happy to see me down in the lab when he first arrived.

"I'm so sorry." I said to him quietly.

"You were right. Let's change the past to make everyone happy in the future." He said to me with a small smile.

"I'd hate to break this moment, but there's not much time. The collider situation is getting worse by the hour. I have to go build that rover!" Davenport said quickly as he started walking towards the elevator. That's when the elevator opened and Adam, Bree, and Chase came out with their gear.

"Good to go, Mr. Davenport. We'll check in once we reach Delta Point." Chase said to him.

"No!" Davenport said quickly, "I-uh-I mean, the mission's off."

"But you said it was urgent?" Adam said confused.

"Did I say urgent?" He asked and the three of them nodded, "I think I said urging. Like I said I was urging you to not go on the mission."

"Why?" Bree asked him.

"Because I'm sending an automated rover that can shut down the collider via remote. As soon as I build it." Davenport said and Chase immediately started laughing.

"An automated rover? You might as well send a handbag on a skateboard. The three of us can handle-" Chase started to say.

"No!" Davenport said loudly, which made the three of them quiet, "I said no and I mean it! My decision is final so... everybody go get ready for school."

The three of them looked at each other with an upset, confused look before slowly getting back onto the elevator. Once the elevator closed, the Leos and I walked over to Davenport.

"Thank you." Future Leo said to him, "Future you would thank you too, Big D."

"Or should we say Bald D." Leo said and the three of us except for Davenport started laughing again.

--------

At school, Future Leo, present Leo, and I walked down the stairs from our first class. Future Leo has been a big help, and by a big help, I mean giving us the answers on everything. How he remembered them, I wasn't really sure.

"So you know everything that's going to happen?" Leo asked his future self.

"Not everything. Little stuff can change without affecting the big stuff. For example."

Future Leo grabbed his shoulder and pulled him out of the way before a boy walking towards him tripped and his drink went all over another boy. I held my hand up to my mouth so I wouldn't laugh loudly.

"Last time, that was you. You smelt like kiwi for a week." Future Leo told him.

"Why did you move him? It would've been hilarious if it was him." I said laughing at the thought.

"Can it, princess!" Leo said as he pointed a finger up at me. He immediately became distracted when he saw the girl he had a crush on from across the hall.

"Janelle!" He said before waving at her like an idiot. Surprisingly, she waved back at him.

"Oh, that's just painful." Future Leo spoke my mind, which made little Leo turn around, "You have no idea what's coming your way, do you?"

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You'll see at 8:27." Future Leo said as he looked down at his watch. That's when I saw Janelle start to walk over to Leo.

"What's supposed to happen at 8:27?" Leo asked his future self.

"Hey Leo!" Janelle said once she reached him. He quickly turned around and smiled.

"Hey Janelle!" Leo said loudly.

"Hey Haley." She said as she waved at me and I waved at her politely. She looked up at Future Leo, "So who's your other friend?"

"Oh, that's me...oh!" He said after quickly realizing what he said, "Meo. My cousin, Meo. It's short for Meopold."

"Meo and Leo. That doesn't sound made up at all." She said and the three of us just started laughing nervously. We all looked at each other before our laughing stopped and turned back to Janelle.

"So anyways, Leo, do you want to see a movie tonight?" She asked him. Leo's eyes widened as he turned around to look at us. He took a step over to Future Leo.

"Did she just? And you knew? 8:27!" Leo said excitedly before Future Leo pushed him back over to Janelle.

"Yes. Yup. Done. Totally. Totes-ma-goats." Leo answered her quickly. She just nodded her head and smiled.

"I'll see you there at 7:00." She said before walking away.

"Things are going to go really well tonight." Future Leo told him. He pulled out a device from his pocket and when he pressed the button, a picture of Leo and Janelle in the future showed up, "That's you two in seven years. Pretty cool, huh?"

"Is that a pink tie?" I asked him.

"It was a gift from Janelle and we love it." Future Leo said to me before looking back at the picture with present Leo.

How in the world did I get stuck with two Leos?

------

After school, Future Leo, present Leo, and I headed back down to the lab. Davenport was working on the automated rover when we walked in, and he seemed like he was making some progress.

"Hey, Big D. Haley and I both got an A on our history test." Leo told him and Davenport lifted his helmet up.

"Did you two cheat by getting the answers from Future Leo?" Davenport asked us.

The three of us looked at each other before quickly saying, "So how's that rover coming along?"

"It's almost ready." He said right before a bunch of sparks came flying from the inside of it. He sighed as he started taking pieces of, "You know, are you sure Adam, Bree, and Chase don't make it?"

"Yes, I'm sure! I'll show you. We downloaded the security camera footage from the control room."

Future Leo pulled out yet ANOTHER future device and when he pressed a button, another blue screen appeared. Imagine that. Adam, Bree, and Chase were all on the screen and Chase had just sent a force field into the control panel. The collider was immediately shut down, but I knew this wasn't the end of it.

"They shut it down. They completed their mission. You came back for nothing. I think this calls for a cookie!" Davenport said to Future Leo.

"Really? After what you just saw this morning?" I asked him.

"You haven't seen the ending." Future Leo told him.

We all looked back up to the screen and saw Adam, Bree, and Chase form a group hug. As they were hugging, there was debris that began falling from the ceiling. Once they pulled away from their hug, they looked back up at the ceiling. Before they could even move, the ceiling collapsed and they were crushed in the debris. My eyes widened when I realized that I just watched Adam, Bree, and Chase get killed. The camera immediately cut out and Davenport's face fell.

"Scratch that cookie. I have to get this thing mission ready."

That's when Adam, Bree, and Chase walked into the lab.

"Aha! So it's still not mission ready. Why won't you just let us go?" Chase asked him.

"No, that won't be necessary. I just need to buy a few things. From NASA. They're having a sale. Everything's a million off." He said with a shrug, "I'll be gone for a couple of hours. Leo, you're in charge."

"You got it, Big D." Both Leos said.

"Future Leo!" Davenport called before leaving the room.

"Oh, come on!" Leo shouted at him.

"He thinks this mission is too big for us." Adam said to Bree and Chase.

"It's not that he thinks it's too big-" I began to say, but Future Leo grabbed my shoulder.

"Haley, we promised." He reminded me. I sighed before nodding my head.

"I guess Davenport just lost confidence in us." Bree said with her arms crossed.

"Or he lost confidence in you two." Chase said, which made Adam and Bree look at him surprised.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Bree asked him.

"Yeah, I'm the one always having to carry you weak links." Adam said to them.

"Oh, I'm the weak link? You can't even spell weak link!" Chase said to Adam.

"Can too!" Adam argued.

That's when the three of them started arguing loudly with each other. It hurt me because I knew I couldn't say anything, but that still didn't seem to stop Leo.

"Guys, guys, guys!" Leo shouted at them, which made them stop yelling, "Enough! Future Me came here to warn Davenport to not let you go on the mission because you don't come back from it."

"God, I never listen to myself!" Future Leo exclaimed.

"Don't come back?" Adam asked surprised.

"Wow. I guess this means we're not invincible." Bree said in disbelief.

"It all makes sense now. This is why Mr. Davenport forbade us to go." Chase said sadly.

"Nice going." Future Leo said to present Leo.

"He had to tell them! Davenport didn't want to undermine their confidence, which is exactly what he did by not telling them. He did the right thing." I said to Future Leo. I would always defend my best friend, even to his future self. Future Leo started shaking his head at Leo.

"Don't you shake your head at me!" Leo said to Future Leo.

-------

Soon enough, seven o'clock was getting closer so we had to help Leo get ready for his date with Janelle. Future Leo helped Leo fix the sleeves of his jacket. He began to roll them up, but also began complaining.

"Hey, hey! Careful, handsome is delicate." Leo said to him. Future Leo and I collapsed onto the couch while Leo still stood there. I turned on the TV while Future Leo began reading a comic book.

"Should I really be going to a movie with Janelle considering there still might be a slight chance that the Earth might implode?" He asked us.

"Well, it is a pretty good movie." Future Leo pointed out to him.

Leo began to walk towards the door, but stopped when he saw a little note on the door. His eyes widened as he pulled the note off the door and saw who it was from.

"It's a note from Adam, Bree, and Chase. They went on the mission!" He said to us.

"What?!" Future Leo and I exclaimed as we both shot up from the couch and ran over to Leo.

"Dear Mr. Davenport, we went to stop the collider. We know we won't make it back, but that's a small price to pay to save you, Leo, Haley, and the rest of the world. P.S. Sorry we get blowned up." The three of us looked at other before saying, "Pretty sure Adam wrote that last part."

"We have to tell Davenport that Adam, Bree, and Chase went on the mission." I said as I pulled out my phone to call Davenport.

"Oh no. It's happening." Future Leo said to us.

"What's happening?" Leo asked him.

"The series of events I was sent back here to prevent!" He said as my phone went to voicemail.

"You missed me, but leave a message for Davenport, Davenport, Davenport Industries!" Davenport's voice boomed from my phone. Annoyed, I hung up the phone quickly and threw it onto the couch.

"It's the same awful voicemail for the next seven years!" Future Leo said to us. I sat down on the couch as Future Leo and present Leo began doing the same thing as they walked around the room.

"I can't imagine my life without Adam, Bree, and Chase." Leo said.

"I don't have to imagine it. I lived it, and it was awful. Davenport is so distraught he spends the next seven years trying to build a time machine so we could stop this one event and get them back." Future Leo said as the two of them still continued to do the same thing. They both sighed before walking over to a rock Davenport had in the living room and placing one foot on it. They were seriously giving me a headache. I was beginning to wish Future me was with us so we could both talk about how annoying it was.

"Why didn't he just come here himself?" I asked him as I stood up and walked over to them.

"I don't want to bore you with the time travel details, but mass plays into the calculations and he did not want to write his weight down in front of me." Future Leo said to me and I immediately felt myself cringe.

"He didn't fit into the time machine?" Leo asked him.

"You saw that man. He doesn't fit into anything."

They both began shaking their heads at the same time, and by that time, I had enough. I placed a hand on both of their shoulders.

"You know, you two doing the same thing was funny at first, but now it's really getting old. Let's go!" I exclaimed as I pulled their shoulders.

We had to get down to the lab to save Adam, Bree, and Chase.

-----

"I'm not letting you do this." Future Leo was saying to present Leo as we walked out of the equipment room with a bag and some weapons. I also brought some sandwiches because you never know when you're going to need them.

"We'll be fine." Leo said to him as I handed him the sandwiches.

"I'm not worried about you two. I'm worried about me! Besides, you're going to miss your date with Janelle!" Future Leo said. Well thanks Future Leo.

"I'm fine with it." Leo said to him.

"Again, I'm not worried about you. I'm worried about me!" Future Leo exclaimed.

"Look, we're the only chance Adam, Bree, and Chase have. They don't know that the room collapses. If we can get there quickly, they can shut down the collider and we can still get them out in time." Leo told him.

"No, Davenport's rover will fix everything. Besides, you're still in that clumsy stage where you goof stuff up." He pointed out.

"He's got a point." I said to Leo.

"He's got no point!" He said to me as he turned back to face Future Leo, "Look, I'm the one who messed up by telling Adam, Bree, and Chase their fate. If they don't come back, I'll never forgive myself."

Future Leo hesitated before saying, "Can't Haley just go by herself?"

I gave him a look before saying, "Yes, I'll just go ahead and risk my life saving Adam, Bree, and Chase while you two sit here and worry about a stupid date. Mainly you though."

Future Leo sighed before saying, "Fine, but I'm coming with you. It's time to send in some-"

"BACKUP!" They both sang as they threw their arms up into a superhero position. I picked up the bag, and started heading towards the door.

"Maybe I should just go by myself." I said, starting to rethink Future Leo's idea.

"No, we're coming! We'll take Davenport's Turbo Speedster." Future Leo said as he picked up the keys.

"I'll drive!" Leo said as he took the keys.

"Can't reach the petals." I pointed out without looking at him.

"He'll drive!" He said as he gave the keys to Future Leo and the three of us ran out of the lab.

-------

When we got to the particle collider, Leo and I ran down the white tunnel as fast as we could with Future Leo behind us. When we got to the end of the tunnel, we saw Adam, Bree, and Chase looking down at the automated rover in front of us.

"Guys!" Leo yelled at them.

"What's Leo doing there?!" I heard Davenport's voice yell loudly from the rover.

"Did you shut down the collider?" I yelled at them.

"Haley?! God, you're parents are going to kill me!" Davenport yelled.

"Yeah, we just finished!" Chase yelled back ignoring Davenport screaming about how my parents are going to kill him.

"Then get out of there fast!" Leo yelled and I heard Future Leo stop behind us.

"The room is about to collapse!" Future Leo yelled at them. The ceiling started to rumble from above them and it became so loud they couldn't hear us.

"What?" The three of them asked us.

They looked up at the ceiling, and before I could even grab him, Leo ran out of the tunnel and shoved the three of them out of the way. The ceiling gave out and it collapsed on Leo. I gasped loudly and my hands flew up to my mouth with tears building in my eyes.

"Leo!" I yelled as I ran out of the tunnel.

"No! No!" I heard Davenport yell.

Adam, Bree, and Chase all ran over while Future Leo came to stand next to me. We all tried to see if there was any movement, but I was beginning to loose hope when nothing happened.

"Leo just saved our lives. That was supposed to be us." Bree said in disbelief.

"He didn't need bionics to be a hero." Chase said.

"He owed me five bucks." Adam said sadly.

"Wait a second. If Leo's gone, then shouldn't you be gone too?" Chase asked Future Leo.

"I don't know. This is all new to me." Future Leo said and I immediately felt myself become happy. Chase was right. Leo was still alive.

"Leo's still in there! Adam, dig him out!" I said to him.

Adam immediately began picking up slabs of concrete off the ground and moving them to the side. Once he removed most of them, we all saw Leo, who was perfectly fine.

"Leo!" Bree said excitedly.

"Next time when I say get out, GET OUT!" He yelled at them.

Adam moved the rest of the concrete off of him and helped him up. He smiled at Leo and picked him up in the air.

"I am so happy you are alive!" Adam shouted as he swung Leo around in the air. Once he set him down, he said, "You owe me five bucks."

There was a loud noise and Chase yelled, "Oh no! The blast door is sealing!"

That's when Adam started to scream like a little girl. He was out of that room in less than two seconds. We all followed him quickly because the sooner we got out of there, the better.

--------

Adam, Bree, and Chase were the first ones to walk back into the lab from the mission. Davenport quickly ran over to them and engulfed them in a hug.

"Thank goodness you guys are alright." Davenport said before yelling, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

He motioned for them to get back into the lab before walking over to present Leo, Future Leo, and I.

"And you!" Davenport said when he pointed to Leo, "You are grounded until... you become you!" As he pointed to Future Leo.

"And you!" He said when he pointed to me and I raised my eyebrows waiting for what he had to say to me. He pointed at me before saying, "Don't tell your parents."

"Wasn't planning on it." I said with a nod.

"Look, Big D, I know you were worried, but it all worked out. We changed the course of the mission and saved Adam, Bree, and Chase." Future Leo said to him.

"I think what he's trying to say is if they saved the world and I saved them, then I saved the world!" Leo said excitedly as he threw his hands up into that stupid superhero position once again. Future Leo quickly threw his hands up and I rolled my eyes.

"Guess who's going on the next mission by herself?" I said as I sat the bag down and walked over to hug Adam, Bree, and Chase.

"You're still grounded. By the way, Janelle dropped by? She seemed a little upset." Davenport told the Leos and they looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Uh oh." Future Leo said as he pulled up the picture of Leo and Janelle. Well, it was Janelle. Now it was a picture of Leo and a dog.

"I end up alone with a dog?" Leo said.

"You better fix this! I'm not walking down the aisle with that!" Future Leo exclaimed as Adam walked over to look at the picture.

"Don't be silly! You can't bring a dog to the movies!" Adam said to him as he walked back over to Bree, Chase, and I. Future Leo put the picture away and started to walk back over to the time machine.

"Well now that you guys are safe, I guess I should get back to the Future."

"Courtesy of me! I did that. I just like to remind everybody that I cracked time travel. That was me." Davenport said proudly as he pointed to himself.

"Thanks for coming back for us." Chase thanked Future Leo.

"And for helping save our lives." Bree thanked.

"Yeah, and for showing us that our time is precious so if we're going to make fun of Leo's height, we got to do it now." Adam said as he placed a hand on Leo's head, which made me laugh. Leo rolled his eyes before hitting Adam on the stomach. Adam groaned in pain before backing away from Leo.

"Hopefully you'll be there when I get back." Future Leo said to me and I just smiled.

"Don't worry, I will be." I smiled at him before the two of us hugged. He climbed back into the time machine and Leo walked over to him.

"Stay smooth." He said to Future Leo.

"Only if you do." He said as he buckled his seatbelt and put on those weird glasses, "Enjoy the next seven years, man. They go by in the blink of an eye."

He pressed a button and the time machine turned on. The blue force field thing went around the machine and he was set forward into the air. In the blink of an eye, Future Leo was gone.

"Wow, I miss me already." Leo said sadly.

I'm not going to lie. I would miss Future Leo too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

643 47 6
Leo Dooley had always wanted to be a bionic hero. Ever since he met his stepsiblings and found out that they were bionic heroes, he wanted to join th...
133K 2.1K 26
a lot has happened during the past year in haley ford's life. she made three new best friends, who had bionic abilities, and since then, she has had...
10.6K 216 27
Ever since Leo Dooley moved in with the Davenports almost a year ago, Cassie has gone on many crazy adventures with Leo and her siblings. As they con...
3.7K 260 27
Maggie Carver had always wanted to be an actress. It was her life's dream to end up on the big screen and walk the red carpets and get all of the awa...