15. dude, where's my lab?

Haley's P.O.V.

Summer was finally upon us, and all of us couldn't be any happier. We didn't have to worry about school anymore and we could now go out and have fun. Or so that's what we thought.

So far, this whole summer has been spent down in the lab. Davenport has been running a lot of tests on Adam, Bree, and Chase so they weren't really allowed to do anything. Today, the three of them had on neck braces to test out their reflexes. So far, nothing was amusing to us.

"Now, we're going to check your bionic reflexes. First the left arm." Davenport said. He pressed a button and their left arms suddenly sprung out quickly. Chase hit Adam in the face, and Adam hit Bree in the face. Leo and I were now partially amused as we watched Adam and Bree rub their faces.

"Now the right arm." Davenport said. He pressed another button and their right arms sprung out quickly. Bree hit Adam in the face, and Adam hit Chase in the face. Adam yelled out in pain and held his nose.

"I hate this game!" Adam yelled.

"Okay Adam. You can sit this one out. I'll just do Bree and Chase." Davenport told him. He pressed a button, and both Bree and Chase hit Adam in the face. Since Leo and I were no longer amused, we turned back to Davenport.

"Come on, Big D. It's summer vacation! Let's hit the beach! Slap on some shorts and show everyone your pasty little walking sticks." Leo said to him.

"Not now, Leo. We're doing some routine bionic chip maintenance. Besides, this is fun, right guys?" Davenport asked the three bionic siblings as Tasha walked in with a tray of drinks.

"Good times." Adam said with a bored tone.

"A blast." Chase said sarcastically.

"Okay, are we done here? I want to go be normal for a while!" Bree said as she took off her neck brace. She threw it, and it ended up hitting the device that Davenport was using. It began to spark like crazy and Tasha's tray of drinks clattered to the floor.

"Can't we go just five minutes without something sparking, exploding, or oozing around here?" Tasha asked irritated, "Ever since summer vacation started, it has been like one long science experiment."

"I'm sorry, honey. You know, maybe Leo's right. Maybe we need to take a break and go to the beach. We'll take a whole weekend as a normal family. No gadgets, no phones. We'll do it totally tech free." Davenport told her as Bree, Chase, Leo, and I began to pick up the mess from Tasha's tray.

"That's exactly what I need. You would really do that for me?" Tasha asked him.

"Of course! You are way more important to me than the amazing innovations born of my genius." Davenport said to her, and I just rolled my eyes. Could his ego get any bigger?

Tasha just rolled her eyes with a smile and left the room. Leo stood up and said, "Wow, Big D. It's really nice of you to blow off work for my mom."

"Well Leo, now and then everyone needs a little peace and-" Davenport started to say, but a loud alarm started going off, "QUIET!"

We all stood up and ran over to the console in the middle of the lab.

"It's the early warning satellite system!" Chase said as he looked up at one of the screens.

"It's detecting a giant solar flare! When that thing hits the atmosphere, it'll cause massive power failures and a total blackout of satellite communication." Davenport said.

"I should probably go tell my mom we're not going to the beach then." Leo said. He started to walk out of the lab, but Davenport ran over to him quickly.