Forever and Always- Book 1

By xo_smosh_xo

Ian Hecox and Melanie Moat were together for six years. After one fight, Melanie ends it. Weeks later, they b... More

Prologue
The discovery
Secret's Out
Let's Be Parents
Check Ups and Announcements
Time To go Shopping!
Moving In
It's a...
Little Movements
Preparing
Fun at Lamaze
Bad Timing
Minutes to Spare
The Big Arrival
Meet Noah
Welcome Home
Smosh And A Baby
Family Time
A New Hecox
Not Going as Planned
Saying Goodbye?
Home to Jersey
Go Get Her
Anticipation
The Proposal
Alone Time
All Hell is Loose
Going Home
Happy Birthday Ian!
Happy Holidays
What YouTube Can do to a Couple
Finally Talking
He Just Keeps Growing Up
VidCon
Year One
Changes and New Beginnings
Before the Big Day
The start of a New Chapter
The End?

Why Can't You be Happy for Me?

634 25 5
By xo_smosh_xo

~Melanie's POV~

I pull into my father's driveway and park the car. I lean back in my seat and take a breath.

"Melanie I'm sorry I caused things between you and your mom" Ian says.

"It's not your fault Ian" I say. "It's my mom; she always tried to plan my whole life for me. She wanted me to become a lawyer or doctor and marry well, a lawyer or a doctor. She also wanted me to get married when I was 32 and have kids the next year."

"But that didn't happen" he says.

"I know, and I couldn't be happier" I peck his lips and we get out of the car. I open the passenger door and Ian picks up Noah from his car seat. We hold hands as we walk to my father's front door. I ring his doorbell. A big smile appeared on my dad's face when he opened the door.

"Melbell!" He says. Melbell was my nickname he gave me when I was a little girl.

"Hi daddy" I say hugging him. I missed him so much. I was always a daddy's girl. We let go of the hug.

"This is such a surprise, it's so great to see you" he looks over my shoulder at Noah and Ian.

"So, this is my grandson" he smiles.

"No, I'm Ian" Ian jokes.

"Funny" my dad says. "May I?"

"Sure" Ian says, handing Noah over to my father.

"Hi there, Noah's his name right?"

"Yes" I say.

"Hi Noah, I'm your grandpa" my dad smiles. Noah smiles back. "Wow, this is great. Here, why don't we go inside?"

We follow him in and sit on the couch. I missed this place. When I was younger I stayed here most of the time. Something about this place just makes it seem warming and welcome, unlike my mom's house.

"So, what brings you two here?" My dad asked.

"I moved back for a new job at the museum down town. I was living with mom for a while." I say.

"How long have you been back?" He asked again.

"About two weeks, sorry I forgot to visit it's just with the baby and work I never found time." I say.

"It's alright dear" he said.

"Anyway, yesterday Ian flew down here and" Ian cuts me off.

"Before Melanie finishes I want to say something. Mr. Moat I love Melanie so much and I was wondering if "

"Yes" my dad said cutting him off.

"But you don't even know what I was going to ask?" Ian said, confused.

"You were going to ask me if I gave you permission to marry my daughter and my answer is yes" he smiles. "I see how happy you make my Melanie, and that's all a father looks for. Ian when I first met you I knew you were a great guy for her. And I knew you'd be the one asking me that question." I smile and lean my head on Ian's shoulder.

"Ok let me finish the story" I say, popping my head back up. "Anyway Ian flew down here and we got back together and I kept him a secret from mom for the night. And today she invited someone over because she wanted me to be with him. Then after that it went crazy and our secret went out and Mom said we were no longer welcome." I spit out.

"Who did she invite over?" My dad asked

"Nathan" I frown.

"Ugh, him. I swear if that jackass comes over here he'll get a good ole"

"Dad!" I scold. "Not in front of Noah."

"I'm sorry, I can't help it. I mean he hurt my little girl. What you expect me to let him"

"Wait, you knew he abused me?" I asked, cutting him off.

"Of course. Melanie I saw how miserable you were with him. I knew something was wrong. So I asked your brother if he knew anything and he told me." He said. I smiled. "So, your mom really kicked you out?"

"Yep, I have to go get my stuff and pack up tomorrow, is it ok if we spend a night or two here?"

"Of course, do you have anything with you?"

"No, so I think I should go get our clothes and Noah's toys"

"Want me to go with you?" Ian asked.

"I'll go alone, its fine." I say. "Will you two watch the baby?"

"Sure" my dad says.

"Ok, I'll be right back" i say.

"Ok" Ian says, pecking my lips.

I walk out and go to my car. I'm really not in the mood to see my mom right now, but I don't have anything else to wear besides this dress.

I made it back to my mom's house. Ugh. She better not try to talk to me, I'm just going to ignore her. I open the door and walk in. My mom looks at me. "I have nothing to say to you" I say angrily, walking to my room. My mom follows after me.

"Melanie what are you doing? Where is Noah?" She asked, closing the door behind her. I grab my suitcase.

"With his father and his grandfather" I say, violently packing up my clothes.

"You're at your dad's?"

"Yes, because unlike you he is proud of me and is happy for Ian and I."

I grab Ian's backpack and put it on my back. I pack up Noah's clothes and toys in his baby bag.

"Melanie I'm sorry it's just, I don't want you get hurt."

I stop and look her straight in the eye. "Are you fucking serious?" I say.

"Melanie Moat, watch your tone!" She scolded.

"No, I was abused for two years by the man who you invited over to your home. I was miserable with Nathan; I almost went into depression from him. Dad saw it, Matt saw it, everybody saw it but you. And you almost wanted me to get back together with that asshole. And here I am today, with the love of my life for six years and our child, finally happy with my life. And you have the nerve to say 'I don't want you to get hurt'. Wow mom" I yelled.

"At least Nathan would have given you more" she pouted.

"Oh yeah, Mr. Wal-Mart manager makes so much money."

"Well at least he has a job"

"Ian has a job. So what if it's making YouTube videos. Smosh makes over 5 million a year from these videos. And you say that's not enough. Ian has done so much for me that i actually feel bad. He paid for pretty much all of Noah's things, he let me move in with him, he bought food for us, everything."

"Yet he didn't pay child support"

"Will you stop with that already? We're together now, what's the point?"

"Do you not know anything about child care?" I felt tears to my eyes; I turned around and finished packing. "Melanie I'm speaking to you!" I kept on ignoring her. "Ugh, why can't you be more like your brother?"

I turn around in anger; that was the last straw. "Oh so first you call me a bad mother and now you want me to be like Matt. You know what, I'm sorry I didn't go to Medical school, I'm sorry I didn't become a doctor, I'm sorry I didn't marry a lawyer, and I'm sorry I wanted to live my life my way." I cried. She just stood there. "Well, now I know who your favorite child is so I better go." I walk past her with the bags and head to the door.

"Melanie, what about the job?" She asked following me.

"I have a job; it's called being a mother. You should try it sometime"

"Ooh!" Matt yells. "You're in trouble now sis!"

"God I can't wait to go home" I say.

"Melanie you are home" she says.

"Like people say, home is where the heart is. My heart is with Ian, in Sacramento." I walk out the door. I drove away in anger. I can't believe my mom said that to me. I got back to my dad's and barged in.

"Mel, you ok?" Ian asked. I immediately hugged him and crying. "Hey, babe what's wrong? What happened over there?"

"Everything!" I cry. "First she calls me a disappointment, then insults my parenting, and tells me to be more like Matt." I continue to cry on his shoulder.

"Shh, Mel" he says.

"It's unfair; she thinks I'm not capable to do anything. She doesn't understand how happy i am with my life"

"Melanie, don't listen to your mother" my dad says. "She doesn't understand anything"

"Can you go get the bags from the car?" I asked, wiping away my tears.

"Sure, you just stay here and relax" Ian says.

"I'll help" my dad offers.

I take Noah from my dad and they leave. I sit down on the couch. "You think I'm a good mommy right?" I asked Noah. He smiled wide at me. "I thought so" honestly I don't know why I cared what my mother thinks of my life. As long as my son is happy and Ian and I are together, I know I'm doing just fine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.1K 42
❝Slowly and surely, I fell in love with you. It wasn't planned, it just kind of happened.❞ -------------------------------------------------------- S...
2014 By Hello

Fanfiction

1.8K 123 14
Cute Story about the Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla Ship Hope you like it :) P.S. I know I know ianthony isn't real! Stop nagging me P.S.S. I love K...
10.9K 432 20
Ian and Anthony have been dating for five months and everything seems great, until one stupid fight leads to Anthony saying something he doesn't mean...
317 16 8
Ian and Sky had many common features, like only having one parent, there last names being Hecox, the light brown hair, and their bright blue eyes tha...