his plucked flower

By DuskCity

• completed • She was just the silent girl, the girl with a broken past, the girl who was too naive and too i... More

New Writing
Copyright
Prologue: Seedlings
Chapter 2: African Daisy
Chapter 3: Violet
Chapter 4: Tulip
Chapter 5: Orchid
Chapter 6: Baby's Breath
Chapter 7: Psychotria Elata
Chapter 8: Gladiolus
Chapter 9: Peonies
Chapter 10: Hydrangeas
Chapter 11: Lavender
Chapter 12: Sunflowers
Chapter 13: Asters
Chapter 14: Willow Trees
Chapter 15: Geranium
Chapter 16: Lilies
Chapter 17: Frangipani
Chapter 18: Ivy
Chapter 19: Angel
Chapter 20: Azalea
Chapter 21: Orange Blossom
Chapter 22: Daffodil
Epilogue: Bloom
New book
A/N
A/N

Chapter 1: Aconite

74.9K 1.5K 329
By DuskCity

He could still remember the last day he ever saw her. It was graduation day. She was dazzled up, looking stunning. Her hair in brown curls cascading down in spirals against her back. Her pale freckled skin was looking much healthier by the glow of her bronzer. The only thing that saddened him that night was that no one had shown up for her, but he was proud of her when she kept her head up not daring to show any broken cracks.

He could still remember her sweet voice ringing through his ears. Her sweet honey scent filling his nose. Her cute button nose and long hair so familiar to his eyes, he'd be able to recognize her even if everything about her changed - those eyes could never change.

He sat, angered, at his men for not finding her just yet. It's like she vanished from the ground of our green earth. Even her father had no idea where she was and now no one knows where he is. Axel couldn't handle the thought of all the things he could've done to his precious girl so it only seemed fair.

His dark and bland coffee was slammed on his table in front of him. The sound snapping him back to reality where he saw himself in a booth of a café, his coffee slightly spilled from the force used to place it down.

"Would you like anything else, sir?" The girl shook in fear of the man who came here so often and yet never spoke a word to them only point at his usual coffee on the menu and leaving an awful lot of money afterwards because he never waited to know how much his bill was.

He grunted a no in response making the girl scramble away. He was please with how everyone treated him in this café. He liked being superior. Scrunching up his eyebrows, he looked around the café, the same café that was crowded until he came in where all the customers discreetly snook off. He looked back down when he heard the bell ring, signaling someone has entered.

A whisper of movements as soft as the air rung through his ears. Not a voice was heard, just movements and shuffling if there was a voice he would've heard it considering the place was so small that if she talked he would've surely heard her. He heard the light patter of her steps walk away from the counter towards a seat, not so far away. Just as she plopped down his phone rung, one of the tech guy's name flashing on his screen. He lightly groaned, already knowing they're going to tell him exactly what they always told him; this girl is unfindable.

He debated whether he wanted to answer or not until the last ring where he sighed and he picked it up. The ringing halting leaving the air thick around them. The only sounds left are the machines making coffee.

"We found her." His heart leaped from his chest and without a second thought he stood up to his full height, the force he used making the table sway and his coffee spilling once again. From the corner of his eye he saw the girl jump in fright of his sudden movements.

"Where is she?" he growled lowly, not wanting anyone to hear him. His heartbeat ringing through his ear. The blood being pumped through his veins could be felt in his anxious state.

"I'm not sure. There isn't anything to detect where she is; no phone, no nothing. But her name just came out from the airport. She landed about half an hour ago." The guys voice so shaky and breathy, scared of what his boss might do.

"Well, keep looking. I'll be right over." He ended the call without another word, slipping the small device in his pocket.

Hope filled his heart as it palpitates. His smile taking over his face as his heart pumps in glee finally finding a reason to still beat. His breathing erotic as he finally looks up. His heart completely stops, his breathing ceases as the ice glazing over his heart melts sending love and warmth all through his veins and body.

His lips agape as he takes her in. Of course this would've been the first place she came. Her old house a few blocks over, her favorite playground as a child down the street, and in her teenage years she applied for her first job here. This was her place, her escape from reality.

Just a few tables over, she sat, a book perched on her legs as she bent over scribbling words on her black leather covered notebook. Her attire, just as always, a floral dress. Her hair, the same dark brown color and her eyes shining in innocence and a bright bluish-purple color. The sight of her taking his breath away, like it aways did. A tear almost slipping at just the sight of her. All he had for years were pictures and imagination, now he had all of her. She was his even if he didn't deserve her.

He rubbed his clammy hands against his jean covered legs, ridding himself of their moister, and took long strides towards her. His mind not working straight as he inches closer and closer. Once he stood in front of her oak wood table her eyes swung up connecting with his hazel ones. A light friendly smile etching itself on her soft petal lips. Just the sight of that smile making his heart stop and start over again, this time beating for her and her every desire.

"Hi," his rugged voice spoke, filling the air between them. Her smile widen at his voice and tense structure.

"Hello." She closed the book, squeezing her broken pencil in her hands as her anxiety started, like it always did with guys and basically anything.

"Uh." His heart skipping beats as his mind tries to conjure up a conversation. "Mind if I sit?" He almost slapped himself for being so awkward and nervous. He never was like this.

"O-okay," she spoke softly. Her heart almost beating out of her chest from the anxiety that is slowly taking over her body. She felt sick to her stomach in nerves. His incredibly attractive figure not helping one bit.

He slide in the seat across from her, gaining the attention of the bored employees. This wasn't new when he'd begin talking to a girl in the café but they never saw him so nervous to talk to a girl before, especially not one so tiny and obviously harmless.

"What's y-your name?" She bit her lip cutely, as her eyebrows scrunched up in question.

Shock rang through his body. How could she forget him? The man who made her cry so often? The one who turned everyone against her. He took in a shaky breath as his conscious lightly scolded him.

"Uh." He looked around, his whole being drenched in fear as he tried to come up with a response that wouldn't make her hate him. "Dan. My name is Dan."

He teeth bit so hard on his lip that he questioned if it were bleeding. His mind reeling towards her suddenly lashing out and running away from him. He clenches his hand into a nervous fist ready for a hell of yelling and screaming. His eyes clenches for a moment, looking like he was in pain but at that moment her eyes were flickering all over the place in hopes of calming herself down.

It wasn't because of his unbelievably good looks, that made her so nervous, it was because he was probably the second person she talked to in over three years. The only person she truly talked to was the sweet lady from the speech therapy she took. She didn't even talk to the waitresses only pointing at her order, much like he does.

"I'm Lillian." She smiled though her heart was rumbling.

"Such a beautiful name," he breathes out. The name slip past her lips making his heart go back to beating rapidly still to shocked to truly comprehend his little beauty was here in front of him.

She madly blushed at how effected he seemed. The heat from her cheeks making a pink hue take over and fill the apples of her cheeks. He almost cooed in adoration at her cuteness. She lightly giggled making him gulp in nerves. The Adam's apple in his throats bobbing awkwardly.

"So cute," he heard himself say, so quietly she didn't hear him.

"Here's your order mam. That'll be 5.50." a waitress came bringing them out of their little bubble.

She place the hot chocolate and muffin down on the table, giving the shy girl an encouraging smile. Axel lightly smiled at how much Lillian loved her chocolate, she always has. She scrambles to her purse, the new person scaring her as her little heart beats uncontrollably. Taking out the exact pay from her purse she sits up straighter.

"Oh no, I'll pay." Axel snaps out of his trance, he pulls out his wallet.

She shook her head not wanting to speak with the unknown person beside her. She didn't understand why she was comfortable with Dan(Axel) but she was glad she had someone in this town that she could talk to.

Just as her small hand reached out Axel placed his on hers and used his other hand to bring out the exact pay. She was surprised by the sudden touch as she stared at it. Axel paid the lady and she walked off without another word.

Axel chuckled, watching his sweet girl staring at his hand like its a unicorn. He left it there for a bit waiting for her next move. He was truly amused. She yelped and retreated her arm by her side feeling awfully skittish. He chuckled once again only making her cheeks burn brighter.

"I need to go b-back to the hotel. It's already m-midnight." Her stuttering making her cringe and mentally scold herself for not being normal but all he saw was love and warmth and the sound of her voice like a lullaby to him.

"I'll walk you there." He got up and watched her put her coat on and hurriedly dig her notebook and broken pencil into her purse.

With his hand on her back, he lead her down the streets of New York. They talked in a heap of giggles and nerves until they reached the hotel where they exchanged numbers and arranged for him to come back and hangout somewhere together.

A/N

What'd you think?

Do you think it's too long or too short?

What do you think about Lillian's personality?

What do you think about Axel or should I say Dan?

Ps. Always remember Axel and Dan are one. It's vital.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

532 93 13
To you, my lover boy. To you, now I am writing while going back in my younger self, brushing away the traces of age life has given me and turning int...
40K 1.3K 46
• completed • After a life full of ball gowns and perfection she finally has the freedom of meeting new people and having a real attempt at discove...
2K 36 14
She had everything she never wanted and he had everything he ever wanted. Scared. Beaten. Barely loved. Brave. Reckless. Adored. Can these two wor...
66 1 6
when Jezabels delinquent neighbor/ex best friend gets into a run in with the law, he seeks shelter at her job, a low business flower shop where he le...