The Boy: Brandon Dursely

By KidOfTheAshes

Brandon Dursely was raised knowing who he was and who he will be - but not quite. His adoptive parents had ju... More

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1: Bran
Chapter 2: The Letter
Chapter 3: The Truth of Harry Potter
Chapter 4: Diagon Alley
Chapter 5: Diagon Alley 2
Chapter 6: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 7: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 8: Friends
Chapter 9: Slytherin
Chapter 10 - First Day
Chapter 11: Detention
Chapter 12: Flying
Chapter 13: Training... or not?
Chapter 14: Exploration
Chapter 15: Quidditch
Chapter 16: A Turn Of Events
Chapter 17: Revelation
Chapter 18: Hols
Chapter 19: Snow!
Chapter 20: What Transpired?
Chapter 21: As You Sleep
Chapter 22: Almost Christmas
Chapter 23: Almost Christmas - The 2nd Part
Chapter 24: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 25: Yule
Chapter 26: The First Ride
A Special Chapter: Harry's letter
Chapter 27: Beyond Everything
Chapter 28: Resuming of Term and the Stone
Chapter 29: The Restricted Section and the Philosopher's Stone
Chapter 31: BOOM!
Chapter 32: St. Therese of the Child Jesus Orphanage.
Chapter 33: The Missing Link
Chapter 34: To Find
Chapter 35: Mister Snape's Adventure
Chapter 36: Brandon Hadrian Snape
Chapter 37: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 38: 'Please Don't Leave'
Chapter 39: Crushes & Quidditch Seekers
Chapter 40: Fathering Business
Of Ends and Starts
PART 2 COMES UP IN A JIFYYYYYYYYYYY!
3 chapters!

Chapter 30: Boil, Boil, Boil!

2.3K 124 3
By KidOfTheAshes

Severus Snape was a busy man, he can give you that. He has every right to claim that,  for he was the man who was the spy during the last War, the same man who is the youngest to acquire a Potions Mastery, a Head of House for Slytherin, a Potions Professor, and of course, above all the things that kept him busy these days was becoming Harry Potter's Entrusted. After all, he is a guardian with the blessing of having a very difficult ward. Well, more like a parent with a different title and with a very difficult child.

But in addition to all that, what tires Snape the most is the fact that he works for Albus Dumbledore. The old Headmaster had these crazy and mind boggling schemes. Severus might have respect and say, even fondness for Hogwarts' Headmaster, but whoever said that he cannot hate Albus at the same time? Just as the Dark Lord sends his Death Eaters to do his 'dirty work', as Muggles would so eloquently put it, Snape was put in a position to be Dumbledore's errand boy. It may be a very demeaning way to describe Severus' work, but there are worse words to do so.

But Snape liked the job. Truly, he liked it. It had all the thrill he needed, he had the passion for it, even the skills. He was the perfect fit for it. Plus, it paid well. Although, he had to put his life on the line from time to time, but still.

That was why he was here, at Hogwarts. He could've been in Spinner's End like he should be, or maybe he could claim his inheritance upon the House of Prince and live the easy life, but he still chose to be here. Perhaps, a key factor was that the Headmaster wanted him here, and needless to say, Snape was loyal to him, however barmy he may be. That was why it is the reason, of all the reasons as to why he is here, right at this moment, nursing a wounded leg but still setting up wards and not having a proper shut eye since the resuming of Term, that makes him stay.

Besides, Albus had crazier ideas than this.

"Severus? Severus, you are spacing out," McGonagall cut through Snape's line of thought. "What is it? Is it your leg?"

She was too nosy for her own good sometimes, but Severus was fiercely protective and honest to Minerva McGonagall. She understood his plight, even if she hadn't lead the life he did. She looked worried right now, as she always was whenever Snape confides in her tedious and motherly care.

Severus shook his head. No, it wasn't that. If there was anything that worries him these past few days, it was Harry, his ward. His boy, who was asking too much questions that confused him. Always about alchemy. Was his boy aiming to become an alchemist, Severus wondered? It hurts his head thinking about the idea. Ah, perhaps the main reason why it hurts his head to even fathom that is that it was exactly what he was dealing with right now.

Someone was targeting the Stone. Lucius had expressed concern and worry through a written note the man had given to Draco. Snape knew that some sort of 'inside job' or some sort of infiltration within Hogwarts' walls. The likely guess? That witless, turbanned, reeking, spineless Quirrel. The man bothers him. One moment clueless, the next lurking in the third floor corridor alone.

"Where is Brandon, Severus? I haven't seen your ward much this past week, nor his Direwolf. But then again, I haven't​ seen the both of you talking just as much," Minerva inquired as she sipped in her cup. "But I am overjoyed to tell you that he has managed to top this week's practical yet again. You must be proud of him, I wager."

Snape, at least, remembering how well Harry did since the beginning of Term, gave his mentor a small smile, "I am, Minerva. He is a brilliant student. Perhaps, he can be prefect once he turns his fifth year. And of course, he has a good chance to be part of Slytherin's Official Quidditch team in less than a year."

She laughed good naturedly. Severus, although not that obvious, is rather fond of Quidditch. Contrary to the rumours, he is more than well adept at flying. He was offered several positions during his time at Hogwarts, but declined them and focused instead on Potions and Defence. "You are a wicked man, Severus Snape! Although, I do not have any doubts. Perhaps I should train my team more?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows in a teasing manner.

"But seriously, Severus, dear. What is Bran up to?" She turned a bit serious as she asked about her student. Her worry increased as she saw Snape sigh. "Anything the matter?"

"I must admit, I do not know. Although, do you think that he knows something about the Stone? He has started asking me about Alchemy, Minnie. Alchemy!" Severus' arms flailed a little as he continued his tirade, "Normally, he asks very daunting questions, but never have they gone too serious. Usually it is all about books, and Potions. But Alchemy? I think it is highly unlikely. Many of his friends were raised in the Wizarding World as well, but they never mentions such things as alchemy!"

Minerva assessed the problem. Alchemy, she thought, is quite a dangerous subject to deal with these times. With the rumours of the Dark Lord threatening to rise again, many alchemists fear for their lives. The Wizarding World knows, even if it is a hushed gossip amongst Wizarding folks, that the Dark Lord was obsessed with Alchemy and its promises.

"Perhaps he takes interest, Severus? Mind you, it is a worthwhile subject to delve in, yet dangerous during times such as these. I  believe that he has read it amongst Hogwarts' books. Maybe you should tell him that he needs to focus on other areas first, but not discourage him."

Snape thought about it for a while. Yes, it is true. But Nicholas Flamel? Why would he be particularly interested on Flamel and the man's works?

"But he asks about specific alchemists, Minerva. Nicholas Flamel, to be exact, and his works. Why would he be interested with Nick?" Snape's brow was having more creases than ever.

Then, Minerva smiled knowingly at him. Snape glared at her. "What?" Snape demanded.

"Nothing. Just that you sound like an overly worried father, Severus. It suits you."

He looked at her, gobsmacked, although not showing it. She still sipped through the cup. Severus sported a faraway look. He sat, deep in thought.

When Severus found his voice, it still sounded surprised, "Yes, well. I believe this tea has gone far too long Minerva. I shall see you tonight."

"Yes," McGonagall quipped, "Yes, we shall. Do keep an eye on the boy, as I would rather not see him chopped, Severus. Ta!"

Father? Well, I'll be damned. He mused as he stood to leave.

❣❣❣❣❣

He was tired. He was so bloody tired. His head was aching, and goddamn, those Potions were only the ones that had kept him going for weeks now. And his body wasn't satisfied. It wanted sleep, rest and a good amount of meal. A good amount of homecooked meal.

Severus slowly dragged his wounded leg and sore body towards his bed. It was one of those nights where he had the luxury to sleep at eleven in the evening, and Albus wanted him at the stroke of daylight to report about his current assignment. Quirinus Quirrel will have to be dealt with. He was a danger to Hogwarts, to the Wizarding World and to Harry.

The wards that he and Albus had put up with during the last weeks were proving to be working. So far, the troll fiasco was the worst that had occured this Term. Severus hoped it would be the last.

With a wave of his wand, his clothing changed from robes to comfortable ones. He shut his eyes, determined to get some well deserved sleep.

He was on the brink of getting what he desired the most when a ring of the alarms he had set up that would tell him if one of his Snakes are out of bed was heard. He cursed.

"Damn these blasted whelps!" He sulked as he got up to change into his robes back. Sometimes, he hated himself for carimg to much about his own. But then again, his Snakes would know better than to challenge Severus' short patience. Whoever was out of bed must've been delusional. That child ought not be caught, or else.

Only when he arrived at the Common Room and he snarled at Cassiopeia's portrait did he notice that this was a different alarm. His anger got the better of him as soon as he realised that the alarm meant that Harry, his owm ward, was out bed and had managed to snuck out to go dally somewhere.

Snape can guess how. By that blasted,  bloody Cloak! By doing thus, it gave off the memories of James Potter. He struggled to not compare Harry with Potter Senior, but it proved to be a harder task than anticipated.

The combination of fatigue, irritation and anger made Severus livid. In fact, he was angrier than he ought to be. He felt his anger was comparable to  hot, molten lava that was dying to erupt. He was dying to lash out. His magic was going haywire as he was thinking of how the boy defy his orders and the school.

How dare he?! How dare a ward of mine! Of mine!

There was nothing that hindered Severus' anger. Not in this semi-drunk state, and having no straight thoughts as well. This time, the emotions combining with the fatigue got the better of the normally composed Slytherin Head of House.

The air cackled and Severus tried his best to not let off the Magic. He knew that if he does so, it would blow the whole dungeons to smithereens. No. Hogwarts does not deserve to be destroyed by him. But the boy...

Oh, Harry should be ready as soon as he gets there. He better convince Severus that he was not to be punished.

❣❣❣❣❣❣

Severus sat on one of the settes, seething. His head wasn't cleared and all he wanted to do was strangle his ward once he caught wind of him.

He waited as patiently as he could, fighting the drowsiness brought about by fatigue.

When Cassiopeia giggled, Snape can only guess who can make her do so like a bloody schoolgirl. There was no mistake upod the bearer of the small yet strong voice that was flattering that bloody coquette of a woman that was guarding the Slytherin Common Rooms at night.

Bloody boy knew when to use his advantages at the right time.

If only he wasn't in the situation and was feeling these emotions right now, he would have normally appreciated the cunningness the boy displayed. It was the type that was worthy of Slytherin.

When the door swung, Harry appeared. He was clutching the Cloak, just as Severus had known.

Severus struggled with his composure. He sat still, playing with his wand, the tingle of his Magic was crackling every now and then.

Harry didn't seem to notice him. It made Severus angrier.

"Back so soon?

The boy stopped upon his tracks and Snape grinned as the boy's whole body stiffened like rock.

When Harry turned, Snape nearly gave up on his anger. But Anger is Anger, he reasoned. It blinds and it certainly is blinding Snape right now.

"Why don't you and I have a little heart to heart chat, Mister Potter?" He asked the boy.

He saw Harry gulpe. Those Lily green eyes were filled with fear.

But then again, Anger in any form is still anger. It is irrational. It is an emotion that is like passion, albeit burning hurtfully rather than warmingly.

And Severus Snape right now is one angry man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 5.3K 9
Snape finds an abused Harry outside his home one night and everything changes.
34.2K 969 25
Starting school at Hogwarts you, Hermione, Ron, and Harry stumble upon something's that point to a certain potions professor being up to no good. Fee...
23.5K 709 22
Warning! This story contains repeated mentions of self harm, occasional attempted suicide, and Blood. No in depth descriptions, but now you know what...
373K 12.7K 33
After being saved from the Dursley's as a toddler, Harry James Potter was taken in by a new family. A family he truly deserved. He was finally able t...