It All Began With A Letter

Autorstwa innocentuniverse

Letters. Who knew they could hold your future? Your love? Your job? A fortune? Good news? Bad news? Change mo... Więcej

It All Began With A Letter
Chapter 1: Meeting Asher
Chapter 2: Ice Cream
Chapter 3: Hidden Talent
Chapter 4: Matching Names and Faces With Jerks
Chapter 5: Flirting In Class
Chapter 6: Party Time
Chapter 7: Healing Burns
Chapter 8: Italian Restuarant
Chapter 9: Clubbing Hard
Chapter 10: Re-meeting Sam
Chapter 11: Shopping Time
Chapter 12: Free Period
Chapter 13: Wish You Were Here
Chapter 15: Dealing With Danny
Chapter 16: Depressing News
Chapter 17: Memories
Chapter 18: Songs to Play
Chapter 19: A Day I Want To Forget
Chapter 20: The Dinner
Chapter 21: We're More Alike Than You Think
Chapter 22: The New Student
Chapter 23: Malibu
Chapter 24: Counting Stars
Chapter 25: Candy
Chapter 26: Takes Being A Rebel To Know One
Chapter 27: Young Forever
Chapter 28: Home Sweet Home...
Chapter 29:Graduation
NOT A CHAPTER. JUST A NOTE!

Chapter 14: Everyone Has Problems

425 9 0
Autorstwa innocentuniverse

I lifted my head up off the pillow on the couch as I slight headache came on. Probably from all that crying last night, I thought as all the memories of it came back. The piano lesson, the song, crying, and finally coming to Eliza's and passing out on the couch.

I pulled the warm covers off of me and gently swung my legs over the edge of the couch before slowly standing up. Then I stretched my arms up and yawned, causing my shirt to ride up a bit.

Then, deciding that I need to get ready for school, as it was already 6:40am, I slowly padded across the living room, through the kitchen, and slipped on my shoes, where they were neatly placed next to the rest of my clothes that I had worn yesterday and my bag. They were dry so I figured Eliza must've stuck them in the dryer at some point. I gently bent over and picked them up before opening the door up and stepping out into the crisp, spring, morning air.

I headed across Eliza's lawn onto my own and walked up the steps quietly before slowly unlocking the door and stepping inside my house.

A tired version of my mom glanced up from where she was sprawled across the kitchen counter.

"Sweetie, are you alright? I was worried about you!" She said getting off her seat and coming to hug me.

"Yes, mom, I'm fine," I lied. "I just crashed at Eliza's. I probably should've called you or something but I forgot. Sorry," I said, pulling away from her grasp.

She sent me a frown before speaking. "Just try not to forget next time, Kay?" she asked.

I nodded, knowing that at this rate, there would be a next time. How soon it would come, only fate could decide.  

******************

I lazily stepped onto the bus, automatically heading for the back of it where my friends were waiting for me.

"What's up with you?" Ashley asked, her eyebrows furrowed together with a look of concern.

"What makes you think something's wrong?" I asked her as I lie down on the seat across from them, careful not to bang my head on the window.

"Well for one," she began, "It doesn't look like you bothered to dress today."

I glanced down to see that I was wearing an old pair of high tops, skinny jeans, and a white tank top with a Aeropostale sweatshirt over it. It didn't seem to me that I was under dressing at the moment but maybe I was. Deciding to push that thought away, I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"What makes you think that?" I asked.

"I don't know," she answered, "you just usually dress sexier or something."

"Yea," Logan agreed, popping her head out from behind Ashley's. It was the first time she had spoken since I had gotten on the bus. "Plus, your hair's in a messy bun and you have bags under your eyes and your face doesn't look in shape," she answered guilelessly.

My eyes went wide before they returned back to their normal size. "Gee, thanks Logan!"

She dipped her head and stared at her feet. "Sorry, I was just telling the truth," she said slowly.

I sighed. "I know you were. Sorry."

"But we'll help you at school. I have a bag full of makeup and even a mini hair styling kit. Plus, I always carry extra clothes," she added.

I smiled at her. "Only Logan," I said shaking my head slowly.

She smiled back at me before we all piled off the bus and onto the school grounds.

*********************

"Keep your eyes closed!" Logan screamed at me as she applied a dark blue/ purple eyeshadow to my face.

"Sorry! I thought you were done," I stated.

"When I'm done," she said pausing to put some more on me, "I will let you know."

Ashley stayed quiet and worked on my hair, straightening it.

"Done," Logan chirped.

I slowly opened my eyes, worried that she'd yell at me again for opening them. When they were completely opened, Logan wore a big grin on her face as Ashley stayed emotionless, continuing to straighten my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled.

"Thanks, Logan!" I told her.

"See what happens when you keep your eyes closed?" she asked.

"Don't make me take that 'Thank you' back," I told her.

"I love you, too!" she screamed, wrapping her arms around me.

"Logan, watch it," Ashley snapped.

"You okay, Ash?" I asked.

She sighed. I guess I wasn't the only one having a hard time these days.

"Yea, sorry. My parents were up all night arguing and when I finally had enough of it, it was three in the morning and I decided to go over to Debra's house," she answered, referring to one of her neighbors.

Debra was kind of like Eliza. Taking in a neighbor that wasn't her own yet acting like they were. Caring for them, understanding them, and just plain being there for them.

"I'm sorry," I said turning around to hug her.

She smiled slightly before saying, "Yea, yea, now turn around, I need to finish this! We only have five minutes left!"

After she finished my hair, Logan threw clothes at me and forced me to change into them. Well really it was just a floral tank that I was forced to change into. I was forced not to wear my sweatshirt and just to make sure, Logan took it and shoved it in her backpack.

Then we headed out the girls' bathroom door and walked off to class. I, for one, was feeling much more alive.

I walked over to my locker and grabbed my items for math and social studies. I had social studies first period and thankfully it wasn't too far from my locker. It only took about two minutes to get there. Except today it took three seeing as though the hallways were crowded.

When I walked in, I immediately spotted Annabeth and walked over to sit next to her.

"Hey, how was your ride?" I asked her, a smirk on my face.

She blushed slightly before laughing. "I didn't think it's actually happen."

"Yea, I have connections," I stated as I slid into my seat.

"More like you made a deal. 'Hey sexy, bring my friends home and then we can go hard tonight'," she joked, mimicking my voice.

"I do not talk like that!" I said hitting her on the arm. "And I would not say that!"

Annabeth just doubled over, laughing.

"But," I said. She glanced up at me to see what I was about to say. "I'm sure if I did say that, he'd totally believe me," I finished with a wink.

Annabeth continued to laugh and I joined in. We spent the rest of the time laughing and making up weird scenarios and sentences that had to do with Asher until the bell rang and Mrs. Jones began class.

*****************

"Hey, sexy," said a husky, voice in my ear.

I turned to see Asher.

Annabeth and I were on our way to math and honestly, I could tell she was trying her best not to laugh right now.

I smiled and turned to hit her as she immediately burst out laughing and I laughed along too.

"Maybe it's time for a scenario?" she whispered in my ear.

"Hell yea," I whispered back.

"So," I said flicking my hair over my shoulder as I turned to look at Asher. He was looking me over, and to be honest, I was trying my best not to squirm.

"My eyes are up here dumb ass!" I said to him. Then Annabeth nudged me in the ribs, letting me know that I had to play it nicer for the scenario to work.

"Sorry, I mean um.. I'm glad you enjoy the view," I said, batting my eyelashes, "But I want to still be able to stare at your beautiful eyes and face and oh, those lips," I said.

I bit my lip to keep from laughing but I bet you from Asher's point of view, it probably looked like I wanted more.

I stopped walking and turned to completely face him as he did the same. He leaned in closer and closed his eyes as I quickly sealed the gap... with my textbook.

Annabeth and I burst out laughing as we left Asher behind, completely dumb founded.

"See ya round Asher," I said as I turned back towards him and sent him a wink. He just stared at me, blinking , probably not believing what had just happened.

****************

"So you showed me your world yesterday...." Mr. Jackson stated in a quiet voice.

I nodded slowly and looked at my feet.

"Now, let's try random songs," he answered. "I want different genres so I can see just how good you are."

I nodded before sitting down on the bench and playing No One by Alicia Keys.

Then I continued to play Beautiful by Christina Aguilera, then Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson and then even Born This Way by Lady Gaga. Then Mr. Jackson chose some songs for me like Fireflies by Owl City, Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars and Forget You by Cee Lo Green.

By the end of practice I was really tired and my fingers were sore. He decided that we weren't going to practice anymore this week seeing that he had family members coming down from some other state and that I had done really well today.

I headed back home after that, only wanting to go to bed and sleep. Even on the walk back home, my eyes were slowly drooping shut.

I shook my head to wake myself up again. I then brought the key up to the lock and opened the door to my house and then stepping in.

My mom jumped out and screamed "Guess what?" waking me up.

"What?" I asked groggily.

"I won a trip to Florida!" she stated as she started dancing around happily. I, on the other hand, just wished she would bring her happiness somewhere else. "Sorry, you can't go but you can stay with Eliza, Kay?" she asked.

I bit my lip to keep back the smile. A whole week without my mother! The thought was so amazing, just imagine when she was actually gone! I nodded at her before walking up the steps, into my room, and collapsing on the bed.

*****************************

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing on my bedside table.

I groaned before rolling over in bed. Apparently, I rolled over a bit too much because I ended up on the floor, tangled in the sheets, groaning louder.

I reached for my phone and answered it, putting it to my ear as I lie back down on the floor.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, do you think you can come over?" said a voice.

I couldn't tell who's voice it was and didn't feel like asking. Instead, I pulled the phone away and glanced at the caller ID. Ashley.

"Oh, um, yeah sure," I told her as I began scrambling up off the floor, shoving my blankets back on the bed.

"Ok, thanks," she said.

"No prob," I answered back calmly.

"Actually, meet me at Starbucks. I could use some strong coffee," she added.

"Got it," I said with a nod. "See ya in ten."

"Thanks, bye" she replied before hanging up.

I looked in the mirror and just decided to keep on what I was wearing. I still had on Logan's floral tank and still didn't have my sweatshirt back. I sighed as I rummaged through my closet and pulled out a white vest.

As I combed my hair, I began thinking. This surely had to be bad because Ashley usually never needs coffee unless she's recovering from a hangover or when something really bad happens, like when her Grandma died last year. Then she had coffee constantly until finally, she accepted the fact that she was dead.

What could be going on now? Then I remembered this morning in the girls' bathroom when she said things weren't going good and her parents were fighting last night. Ashley's parents never seemed like the ones to hold grudges or go on full out fights. Sure they had small fights here and there obviously. I mean, it's hard to have a marriage without fights. But, still.

I sighed and rested my brush down on the bureau before grabbing my cell phone, some money, my keys, and throwing them in a wristlet. I then proceeded to head down the stairs.

"Mom!" I called out.

"Out here!" she called back.

I followed her voice outside to where she was bent down, digging a hole in the garden.

"I'm going to Starbucks to meet with Ashley," I told her.

She looked at me and frowned.

To be honest, my mom never really liked Ashley. She preferred Logan more because well, Logan was more of a girly-girl. Plus, she always thought Ashley was a bad influence. Ashley didn't really care though. And neither did I. But my mom's thoughts about Logan changed once when we watched Logan's soccer game and she started fighting with the ref. Then Logan was forced to sit out for that game and from there, she just quit the team.

"Be safe," my mom told me as I walked back inside.

"I will," I answered back, rolling my eyes in the process.

I walked out the front door and five minutes later, arrived at Starbucks.

I saw Ashley in one of the booths in the corner, her head bent down as she sipped her coffee. I walked over to the counter and ordered a caramel frappe before heading over and sitting down with her.

"What's up?" I asked her in the same tone Eliza had used when she had talked to me.

"My parents," she answered simply, still not bothering to look up at me.

It was then that I noticed she was crying.

"Ashley," I said as I slid out of my side of the booth and slid in next to her. I hugged her as she continued to sob.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"They want a divorce but now they're fighting over who gets me and I can't sleep. One, because they keep screaming and two, because I'm like a piece of property and that thought keeps me up."

"It's okay," I told her.

I have it worse, I thought. But I couldn't tell her that. She already knew that and we were focusing on her not me.

"Does Logan know?" I asked since she hadn't said anything.

She slowly nodded.

"Yea, I called her today at like three in the morning when I couldn't sleep and told her. I waited to tell you because well, I called you but your phone was off and I didn't bother calling your house because I figured you'd be sleeping and your mom would hate me more or something. I just went over Debra's instead. I'm going to ask her if I can stay with her for a while, just so I can actually get some sleep," Ashley spoke.

I nodded. It was like Eliza and I. When things went wrong, I just went over to her house.

********************************************************************************************

Author's Note:

Yes, short chapter. It's kind of just a filler but I have another one coming up. I kind of want to finish this story because I have 2 other story ideas in mind but this one is only like half way done and there are so many surprises left. Ahaha. Anyways, I'll start writing another chapter as soon as this one is posted and hopefully you'll have it by tonight.

SO, you know what to do. Vote, comment, fan!

And if there's a mistake, point it out please so I can fix it. Halfway through the chapter, I edited it but I didn't for the other half. I just wanted to write a different chapter lol.

So yep, do all that good stuff and please continue reading! Sorry if it's a bit boring right now. The next chapter will be full of drama and surprises. Trust me!

Thanks everyone, bye!

~writingfreelyxoxo~

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.2M 38.3K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...
192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
203K 9.9K 56
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...