Damn Fate | ✔️

Від _ChocolateAddict_

In Moiral, fate and destiny are very serious business. Once a year, all 16-year-olds are taken to the Fatere... Більше

Characters & A/N
Introduction
{×~1~×}
{×~2~×}
{×~3~×}
{×~4~×}
{×~5~×}
{×~6~×}
{×~7~×}
{×~9~×}
{×~10~×}
{×~11~×}
{×~12~×}
{×~13~×}
¦-:°13,5°:-¦
{×~14~×}
{×~15~×}
{×~16~×}
{×~17~×}
[>:18:<]
¦-:°18,5°:-¦
{×~19~×}
{×~20~×}
{×~21~×}
*~<22>~*
{×~23~×}
{×~24~×}
[>:25:<]
{×~26~×}
¦-:°26,5°:-¦
(/>27<\)
{×~28~×}
¦-:°28,5°:-¦
{×~29~×}
¦-:°29,5°:-¦
{×~30~×}
¦-:°30,5°:-¦
{×~31~×}
[>:Epilogue:<]
{A/N}

{×~8~×}

20 6 4
Від _ChocolateAddict_

I woke up panting for the fourth time that night.

The same nightmares over and over. I hate nightmares. Well, duh, who doesn't?

I decided I wasn't sleeping anymore. I sat up and got some water from my bed-table. My mouth was dry and I was sweating a lot. I glanced at the bed next to mine. Jon was asleep.

I took a deep breath and lead my head on the wall behind me. I needed sleep, but I didn't want to sleep again. If it prevented these nightmares, I would might as well do it. I couldn't handle all that anymore.

Nights had turned into torture.

I kept dreaming of everyone I care about die or abandon me. Felicia. Ben. Jessie. Chris. Jasmine. Everyone.

It was too much to take.

And in the end, I died too. It wasn't really much of a surprise, no savior ever survived the "war". Even if I really wanted to, I doubted I would make it out alive. It must be some balance thing. When the villain dies, there's way too much good in the world, so the savior had to die too in order to restore balance. I had read that in a book somewhere...

But even if the world depended on it, I didn't want to die. I know that sounds selfish, but I'm just a kid, okay? I had dreams and hopes for my future. Being a savior crushed all that. It chewed on it, then spit it and stomped on it like a merciless elephant.

And the worst part, why did my friends have to die? What did my loved ones ever do? What did every warrior and person that died for their cause ever do? This whole war and fate thing had started to tire me. Moiral followed a script and never got out of it. It was the same story over and over again, getting a reboot every few years. A wheel that turned round and round, always ending up at the same position. A crossroad where whatever road you chose, you would find yourself in the same place.

I was sick and tired of that. We were supposed to make a difference, you know?

Growing up we all wanted to write history. It was our common ambition. And we did it. We wrote history.

Just not in the way we wanted.

We wanted to be known for preventing the script from being rewritten. The reboot from happening. Stopping the wheel from spinning. To choose our own path.

Instead, we became part of all that. We became the cause it all happened. We became just like everyone else.

I wouldn't call that history; repeating the same mistakes. That's what society couldn't understand; the fact that making a difference could be a good thing. That not following the stereotypes that were practically forced on us could actually make things better.

Moiral was the only country that had a civil war  century and that's what stopped us from rising and growing as people. Most Moiralians were stuck-up and against anything that didn't fit in their perfect, stereotypical and uniform world and that was the society's fault. They're the ones that don't only encourage it, but also force it in people's lives.

When did the subject go from nightmares to the problems society has caused? What the hell?

Thinking all that made me want some more water. As I turned around to get the glass, I somehow knocked it over. I managed to yelp "no", before it shattered loudly on the floor.

I closed my eyes tightly and cringed at the sound of the glass breaking. Jon gasped and sat up in terror, looking around to see what the hell was going on.

«I deserve to die, but that doesn't mean I have or want to.» I whispered closing my eyes again. Jon facepalmed and lied back down on his bed.

«What the hell are you doing up at this hour? It's five in the morning!» he hissed.

«I was thirsty.» I half-lied. Come on, it's not exactly a lie, it's part of a truth I want to avoid telling on the whole. That's called semi-honesty, not lying.

Whatever the case, Jon didn't seem to buy it. It was dark, but I was sure he was raising an eyebrow at me. I could feel his disbelief in the air.

He turned the light on (there was a switch next to Jessie's old bed), confirming my suspicions.

«Why are you sweaty?» he asked. «Wait... It's not nightmares again, is it?» he frowned.

«What? No...» I lied. See? I know when I'm lying. I know when to admit it.

«You're the most terrible liar I've ever met.» Jon commented.

«I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you...» I rolled my eyes.

«You need to talk to someone about this. I'm talking about me, just tell Claire or Felicia or someone. This isn't healthy.»

«Look, I get that you're concerned right now, but there's more important stuff to be worried about. Like that psycho in Imyrth threatening to attack all surrounding countries, or the fact that there's war coming. My nightmares should be the least of your problems, everyone gets them. It's something normal that can't cause the destruction of an entire country.»

«Yeah, maybe I care more about my friends than the fate of the country. I've already lost one of them.»

«That's just stupid and you know it.» I told him. He looked a little hurt.

«I don't care.» he shrugged.

The door burst open and a really sleepy Felicia appeared at the doorframe.

«Could you two stop arguing like an old married couple at five in the morning? Some of us are actually trying to sleep.» she grumbled. I grew red and Jon's eye started twitching.

«Sorry, Ellie...» I muttered.

«Don't call me that. And I'm too sleepy to go back downstairs again, so scoot over.» she told me.

«Aye, aye, captain...» I rolled my eyes as I did what she said. Felicia glared at me. Jon burst out laughing.

«Do you know if Ben and Claire came back?» I asked her.

«I think so... I heard the front door at some point, but didn't really look... Well, actually, I heard it twice. I didn't pay attention both times.» She muttered. I facepalmed.

«I'm gonna go check...» I said and stood up.

«No offence, but I think I'll go instead. Whenever you go check on someone lately, you usually find them dead.» Jon interrupted.

«I am offended.» I remarked.

«I don't care.» he replied.

«Shut up, both of you. I'm trying to sleep.» Ellie groaned.

«Yeah, that's not happening. Get up. We're all going.» I jokingly glared at Jon. Felicia seriously glared at me, but got up anyway.

We tiptoed (hilariously, I may add) to the room Ben and my sister shared. I kept imagining that the theme song from "The Pink Panther" playing in the background, which made things even more hilarious.

We opened the door only a little, just enough to sneak a peek. They were fast asleep. We stepped away from the door before anything stupid happened, like us falling down in the room and waking them.

After that we couldn't fall asleep again, so we went downstairs to the living room and turned the lights on.

I stifled a scream, as I saw someone all dressed in white, wearing a hood and a full-face mask, like the person we saw killing Jessie in the video. They were covered in red stains, I assumed were blood.

Jon and Felicia had just come down the stairs when they saw that guy or chick, whatever they were.

We were all frozen, even the killer. I guessed they weren't expecting to bump into anyone, let alone three people. If they only encountered one of us, they would have killed again.

«Who the hell are you?» I hissed. The villain tilted their head. No reply. That's when we realised they were staring at someone else behind us.

We all turned around slowly and saw another person, dressed up exactly the same, only in black. The mask was white, though, and that's where we saw more blood.

The person in black pushed the person closest to them towards the villain. The unlucky guy was Jon.

The villain (who did I mention was holding a literally bloody knife?) grabbed him and put the knife at his throat.

«Hey!» Felicia yelled. «Leave him alone!» unfortunately, the other guy/chick, grabbed Felicia. I assumed that person was the traitor.

«Leave them both alone!» I yelled. The traitor held a knife at Felicia's throat.

«Choose.» the villain said calmly. They were wearing a voice modificator, because I could hear their voice a little electronic and not exactly normal.

«Are you bloody kidding me? Let them go!»

«Choose.» the villain repeated.

«No! Get outta here! Who the hell invited you two?» no reply. «Okay, I'm gonna go on a blind and say that you're supposed to be the villain and you're supposed to be the traitor, right?» I asked and pointed at them respectfully. They tilted their heads and nodded. «Well, you look more like cowards to me. Yeah, that's right. Cowards.»

«Jinxie, what the hell are you doing?» Jon asked.

«Shut up, monkey. Let me do the talking and save your butts.» I hissed at him.

Fortunately, this time I wasn't the one to save my friends. Yeah, I said fortunately. I'm glad I wasn't the one who saved them because that would encourage me way too much and I wouldn't be able to stay down to earth after that. A savior has to be realistic, right?

Seriously, tell me. I don't know what I'm doing. How do I "savior"?

The door burst open and Kyle came out if nowhere. The villain and the traitor got so surprised, that they ran away, but not before leaving us a souvenir.

The villain threw the knife at me and stabbed me at the left side of my stomach, giving the bad guys the chance to run away while the others ran to help me.

«Felicia, go wake Claire and Ben, Kyle call an ambulance!» Jon yelled. Everything happened really fast.

I was on the floor, bleeding out. Jon was next to me. He looked terrified.

«I don't wanna go to the hospital...» I muttered.

«What the hell are you talking about?! You've been stabbed!» he exclaimed.

«I don't want them to see my tattoo... They'll see how much... of a disappointment... their savior is...» I panted.

«Don't be stupid...» he told me.

Claire and Ben rushed downstairs.

«Oh, God! What the hell happened?» Claire screamed as she rushed near us.

«Don't yell and make things worse!» Ben told her. I coughed up some blood.

«The ambulance is on its way, we're lucky we live near the hospital.» Kyle said.

«We should go wait outside.» Felicia announced.

Jon picked me up bridal-style and I screamed in pain.

«Calm down... Don't waste your energy.» Ben advised me.

«Sorry, Benny, I can't control my pain and screams...» I told him.

«How can you burn people even when you're dying?» Kyle scoffed.

«If I have to stop burning people, I might as well stop breathing.» I replied. «What are you doing here anyway?» I muttered at him, raising an eyebrow.

«I couldn't sleep and went out for a stroll. That's when I heard all the shouting.»  he frowned.

We all were outside. The door of Jasmine's house opened and she rushed outside.

«What the hell is going on? What's all the fuss- Jinx?» she froze when she saw the blood. «What happened?» she asked. Felicia explained to her.

The ambulance arrived surprisingly fast, but I kinda missed the ride because I passed out before it even came. I was told about all that later.

I didn't pass out because of the blood loss, but because of the pain.

And let me tell you something about stab wounds; they hurt. A lot.

A/N: For this chapter, I decided to let myself go and wrote without really thinking about it much. This was the result.

Yeah, I let myself go and someone got stabbed. So what? It's not the first time... You should have gotten used to me by now. Anyway, see you next time! Don't kill me yet! I'm not over!

There's worse thingies coming...

-Riri<3

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

862 41 31
Love is complicated. In the most dire of situations it can either make or break you. Especially when the fate of the worlds rests on your shoulders...
Cynical Souls Від DramaQueenforreal

Підліткова література

4.3K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
119K 4K 31
Growing up with just a father is a challenge, especially when your a girl. For Zaira it was the opposite way, sure she wanted a mom, but having only...
When fate go wrong. Від 🌺

Перевертні

4K 251 30
Elena Crystal, a 17 years old girl with many problem in her life. On her 18 birthday, something happen to her. Something she thought is was just a fa...