Forget Me Not | LoZ: BotW/LoZ...

由 LivFreely

Write your own fate in the stars, I will be here to pick you up should you fall while finishi... 更多

i- When Light Falls To Dark, Heroes Rise From The Ruins In A War Against Fate
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
ii- At World's End, Stand Up And Fight For Those That Make Our Dreams Stay Alive
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Author's Note: Guess Who? :)

5

7.1K 319 176
由 LivFreely

The crystallized stone of Zora's Domain rippled and glistened underneath (Y/n)'s boot clad feet like the clearest spring water. It was one enormous structure, carved by gifted Zora stonemasons who worked laboriously thousands of years ago to help guide a new era of Zora into a prospering society.

Out of all the unique tribes inhabiting Hyrule, (Y/n) found the Zora's to be the most intellectual – not that she considered the others as unintelligent. Each tribe had their own defining qualities about them, but the Zora's trained theirs above and beyond average.

Their elegance and use of language as a fish species was intriguing. The smooth lunges and fluidity of their precise movements were great techniques in combat.

Though these moves were fearsome, ever the peace preferring tribe King Dorephan gladly welcomed Zelda and (Y/n) into his vibrant homeland. The Sheikah girl recognized the king as a whale shark, his gigantic stature towering over both Zelda and (Y/n). But his kind nature contradicted the hungry, killer sharks (Y/n) often saw in the ocean or read about in her books.

The Zora king hadn't been sitting on his throne, but had instead greeted Zelda and (Y/n) at the entrance to the domain. A short, red-scaled Zora stood beside the king who he introduced as his daughter, Mipha.

The afternoon rays of the sun bathed the Zora princess in an almost ethereal light. Mipha's red scales shimmered and her kind face smiled sweetly at Zelda and (Y/n) upon their arrival, pure joy sparkling in her citrine eyes. That spark further escalated when Zelda and King Dorephan shared a knowing look. When the king sighed with a reluctant nod, Zelda retrieved the all too familiar blue scarf from her pouch, presenting the cloth to Mipha.

"Mipha, princess of the Zoras." Zelda started, a welcoming smile on her face. "With your amendable skills as a fighter and impeccable healing, I present to you the scarf that will indicate your role as pilot of Divine Beast Vah Ruta and a Champion upon completion of you trials. Do you accept this position?"

"Yes, of course, it would be an honor. I cannot express how thankful I am for this opportunity, Princess Zelda." Mipha's smile grew ten times in radiance, completely beaming with pride as she immediately attached the scarf around her waist and over her shoulder.

King Dorephan laughed, a content look in his eyes as he adoringly stared at his daughter. "Why don't you go show Princess Zelda, and (Y/n), Vah Ruta? (Y/n) has extensive knowledge concerning the beast and knows how to get it up and running."

Soon after Mipha agreed with her father, a few more pleasantries were exchanged between the Zora king and Zelda. The ruler said his goodbyes and took off, claiming he had other business to attend to while murmuring something to Mipha about her being in good hands.

"Oh, and if Sidon is around please send him back to the Domain."

That's what led (Y/n) to be in the situation she was in now, following the Zora princess to the location of their final Divine Beast.

Moving around the space provided became extremely treacherous. Divine Beast Vah Ruta, for some odd reason, was shoved into a cliffside running parallel with Zora River. A natural stone ledge was the trios only path to Vah Ruta, (Y/n) helped Zelda maneuver around inconveniently placed rocks so the princess didn't slip over the edge accidentally.

Mipha, on the other hand, gracefully swung herself up and over anything in her way, cheerfully expressing just how excited she was to be a Champion. (Y/n) noticed the Zora princess stealing glances backward over her shoulder, making eye contact with the Sheikah girl on multiple occasions.

One time in particular when Mipha's gaze lingered on (Y/n) a few moments too long, said girl quirked a sharp eyebrow at Mipha. The Zora princess hurriedly directed her attention elsewhere, a sheepish grin overtaking her lips and an embarrassed blush covering her cheeks.

"Princess Mipha," (Y/n) began bluntly, grasping Zelda's hand to haul her over the last bit of rocks. "Do you have something to ask me?"

Surprised, Mipha nervously chuckled. "I-I, um, was wondering about your features. They are quite peculiar." Mipha, catching her mistake, corrected herself while stumbling over her words nervously. "N-not in a bad way, of course! You have silver hair and black irises, that is a trait you don't often see in Hylians."

Interested in where this conversation was going, (Y/n) appeased the Zora princess' curiosity. "My traits come from a tribe known as the Sheikah. Although my people and I have a different name, which separates us from Hylians, there is no evidence we are not one in the same. Nothing in Sheikah history dictates whether my lineage is from Hylians or not, and since the Sheikah and Hylians have extremely similar traits, we are often lumped together in the same group. To put it in simpler terms, my people and I are another clan of Hylians with our own distinct traits."

"Oh, I see. May I also inquire as to why you travel with Princess Zelda?"

Zelda inserted herself into the conversation, voice coming out more haughty than she intended. No, it wasn't because the two girls were getting along really well and that was her best friend Mipha talked to, the Hyrulean princess just didn't like not being part of the conversation is all.

"(Y/n) is a personal guard of mine. She is also a Champion like you, Princess Mipha, and her job is to protect me from any threats."

"It is as Princess Zelda says. Wherever she may go, I will follow. As is my duty to protect the princess of Hyrule." (Y/n) said, examining Zelda's expression, wondering why the princess suddenly got defensive. Shaking off the weird occurrence, the trio walked around a narrow corner, arriving at a decently sized enclosure.

The mountainside was cut so the enclosure was shaped as a bowl, dipping low and leading to Vah Ruta. She could see the beginning of a trunk, and the similar mechanics built just like the other beasts.

Zelda left (Y/n)'s side, starting a conversation with Mipha while they walked toward the Divine Beast. With nothing else to do, (Y/n) expanded her senses, shifting her eyes to-

"Hey! Hey, Sheikah lady!"

(Y/n) heard a squeaky voice shout.

"Go away, tidbit."

I hate kids, I hate kids, I hate kids, (Y/n) chanted in her mind. This was the third time, the third, where she was interrupted by a kid at one of the tribes.

Who am I kidding, these kids are entertaining, and their too darn cute for their own good. Ugh, my weakness for them is starting to show. So let's go world, screw me over with your twisted sense of amusement. What is the Zora kid, some kind of prince?

The Zora kid scoffed indignantly, "Why are you calling me a kid?! That's not true at all!"

Glancing out of her peripheral as the Zora kid came to stand beside her, (Y/n) noticed his red scales and uncanny resemblance to Mipha.

By the goddesses, I was right. He is a prince.

"You're short and have a childish temper. You're a kid, no doubt about it."

The Zora kid was about to respond, but Mipha interrupted.

Minutes passed, and all (Y/n) did was watch before a string of events caused her to act on instinct.

This isn't good, if anyone here dies and I could've stopped it. . . My head will be wanted by multiple individuals. . . Lucky me.

  ▲‌                    
  ▲‌       ▲‌       ▲‌

The moment Sidon learned of outsiders crossing into Zora's Domain, he was impatient to go spy on them. A pair of Hylians, he gathered, circled Divine Beast Vah Ruta as best they could. The blond haired girl was carrying a strange, slate-like object while speaking to his big sister, Mipha, about something serious. The other girl, with strange silver hair and weapons, politely ambled behind them at a close distance, her eyes subtly darting over the smallest things.

She looks strong, Sidon thought excitedly, maybe she could teach me some cool fighting moves. Around that same time, Sidon spoke to her, deciding he, in fact, did not like this rude Sheikah girl. Her tone was glacial and her words cut into Sidon's pride. Mouth open to argue more, Sidon stopped when Mipha glanced back with recognition lighting up her hazel eyes.

"Sidon, what are you doing the whole way out here? It's not safe."

"Forget about safe, I want adventure!" Sidon replied enthusiastically, completely forgetting about the rude, silver haired girl for the time being.

Mipha only sighed at his gung-ho attitude, sheepishly smiling toward the blond haired girl and the boring one. "This is Sidon, my younger brother." Mipha introduced. "Sidon, this is Princess Zelda and soon to be Sheikah Champion, (Y/n). Their knowledge about Vah Ruta brought them here to-"

Suddenly, a cold rain pelted from the sky, drowning everything in seconds. Sometime during their conversation, the sun became obscured by voluminous clouds, thunder rumbling throughout the expansive sky.

"How unexpected-" Mipha tried once more, but this time she was cut off by another thunderous roar. Rocks flew down from atop the mountain straight for the quartet. Neither his sister nor the princess of Hyrule moved from their position in front of Sidon, completely frozen in shock. His own feet were glued to the rocky floor, fear overtaking his being.

A strong gust of wind shot passed the young Zora prince. Within the time he blinked to rid of the surprise, a familiar figure appeared in that split second defensively guarding the trio, her arms outstretched and palms facing outward.

Dimly, Sidon could hear Zelda scream, "(Y/n), no!" Before a transparent, blue barrier formed. It curved inward, making the boulders smash against the barrier with an almighty boom. They shot off to the side, falling down the valley behind them, but it wasn't safe yet. Three balls of flames immediately engulfed the barrier as well in a fiery display of frightening ferocity.

After the fire dispersed, the shield disappeared in an instant, and (Y/n) whipped her head to the side to address her stunned company.

"Run, all three of you find somewhere safe!" (Y/n) shouted over the howling wind, her eyes glaring vehemently at an odd shape charging right at them.

Sidon continued to watch even as Mipha quickly ran toward him. The bulky enemy charged down the mountainside, giant hooves pounding against the uneven rock. It's body was silver, odd stripes of purple imprinted upon its fur coat. Its bow was drawn, sparking with energy. The weapon and shield it had yet to touch rested against the monster's back. Identical, blazing red eyes glared holes into (Y/n), but the girl never moved an inch.

The monster was centaur-like, weirdly mixed with a lion – a Lynel – not only that but it had the elemental advantage of lightning. A Zora's number one weakness.

Mipha had already scooped Sidon up in her arms, tightly holding him against her chest. Her arms shook, but her breathing remained even. The Zora princess had left all her possessions at home, including weapons. There was no time to prepare for this sudden turn of events, and now both siblings were relying on one person who was an ant compared to the monstrous beast she fought.

Zelda quickly grabbed Mipha by the arm, running with his sister to a protruding rock that shot up out of the ground, its width giving the coverage they needed.

All three of them watched as (Y/n) pulled two daggers off her belt, dodging to the immediate left. She leapt away from the Lynel's violent blade, her curved daggers slicing into the enemy's legs. It gave a snarling growl in return, jumping back from the small girl who expertly twirled her daggers, readying herself for the inevitable fight.

Sidon was suddenly on his own two feet again, his body being released by Mipha. The prince looked up at his sister, wary of the determination he saw in her eyes.

As if knowing what Mipha was thinking, Zelda grasped the Zora princess' arm, tugging her out of the Lynel's sight.

"You cannot go out there, Mipha. You'll only get in (Y/n)'s way."

"But I can help, even if it is only a little. As a fellow Champion, I should be out there helping (Y/n)."

The two princesses continued arguing back and forth, but Sidon was already thinking ahead. He crept away from his sister, keeping tabs on the brutal fight. Crawling over the to exit of the enclosure and peering over the edge, Sidon became lightheaded at the steep drop. Right over the cliff was Zora River raging wildly. Gone was the normally calm water.

This should do just fine, if the monster goes over the side it'll surely be a goner!

Sidon spun on his heel, gathering all of his courage. Cupping his hands over his mouth, the young Zora prince yelled. "Hey, creepy monster thing. Come over here you big, dumb oaf!"

A red pair eyes swiftly locked onto Sidon. The Zora prince had severely underestimated the Lynel's intelligence because instead of running toward him, the monster simply changed weapons.

(Y/n) had just somersaulted away from a well executed swipe from the Lynel's weapon, so the girl was out of reach. Which meant she couldn't prevent the Lynel from nocking a shock arrow. Nor could she prevent it from aiming at Sidon.

But, (Y/n)'s honed skills weren't just for show. Faster than the eye could follow, (Y/n) jumped on top of the Lynel's arms, flinging herself at the bow. She grabbed the deadly weapon with both hands and yanked backward. The Lynel unwillingly released the shock arrow into the sky, roaring madly at the interruption. It started bucking wildly trying to throw (Y/n) off, but she only grabbed one of its curved horns, thrusting a dagger into both of its eyes.

The bellowing growls of the Lynel increased, thrashing back its head and stomping its hooves. (Y/n) flipped off the Lynel, landing safely in a crouch while the slick stone beneath her boots made her skid back a few yards.

The Lynel, in its fury and dazed mind, came charging right at Sidon. (Y/n) was already at the Zora princes' side, moving to stand in front of him in a protective stance.

"Move out of the way, kid!" (Y/n) yelled, doing the best she could to steer the Lynel in another direction.

All of her efforts were in vain.

"Sidon!" Mipha distantly cried, but his sister's voice disappeared just as he did over the sheer cliff, accidentally slipping on the wet rocks behind him. He was shivering and panicking and falling through the air. He could hear the girl, (Y/n), tumbling over the cliff with him, her still viciously fighting against the Lynel's tremendous power. The guttural bellows escaping the beast reached his ears every time the girl struck a harsh blow. That soon became background noise as fierce gales rushed passed his ears, blocking out any sound.

Plummeting into the frigid waters like he did was unpleasant. Sidon's fins were still underdeveloped as were his gills, and the waters raged harsher than normal because of the torrential downpour onto the Domain. Any other day, he would be able to fight the current, but his limbs practically locked and he could only gasp desperately for air.

His eyes searched for anything to grab onto, the water pulling him farther away from the shoreline. Nothing made sense anymore accept survival. Tears clouded his vision and he choked on his cry for help before being yanked under the current. The remaining energy within his body evaporating, the maleficent water stealing it.

This is all my fault. If I didn't get in the way, I would still be up on the cliff with Mipha. That girl. . . she. . . she sacrificed herself for me, and she might be gone as well.

Something twisted around him, grabbing and pulling him. In which direction, Sidon didn't know, just the sinking realization of him drowning was a reality. The waters were so dark that not even his shining red scales helped light the way, but whipping gales nipped at his cheeks, and Sidon found himself spluttering out water, coughing out the offensive liquid. He could feel it now, the hands gripping onto his body so he stayed put and against something warm.

Then, as Sidon's vision cleared, he saw her.

Her eyes were like shards of glass. Sharp, deadly, and unforgiving. Her silver hair was plastered against her face, a deep scowl twisting down her colorless lips. Now that Sidon looked at her more closely, she was incredibly pale. He didn't know much about the Sheikah, but Sidon was sure their skin shouldn't look that colorless.

Sidon felt (Y/N) kicking arduously against strong current as she made a beeline for land. "Hold on to me and don't let go." He didn't need to be told twice, circling his arms around her neck in a vice grip.

The frigid waters swishing around them gave Sidon the opportunity to reflect. Someone was holding onto him. They rescued him and he would live to see another day. The realness of the situation crashed down on him. The threat was gone and he was okay. Hiccups erupted from Sidon's mouth unconsciously before his cries turned into drawn out bawling.

The distant calls of people didn't register to him until the voices were a few feet away. He didn't want to move. This girl was safety, she was protection from anything scary.

"Sidon! (Y/n)! Are you two alright?" That was Mipha, panicking at the sound of Sidon's crying.

Zelda joined the other princess, kneeling down beside (Y/n) and looking over the Sheikah girl for injuries. That's when Zelda noticed the blood leaking into (Y/n)'s clothes. "Mipha, where is all that blood coming from?!"

Noticing the blood as well, Mipha searched for the source, gasping in horror. "Sidon, you have to let (Y/n) go, she's injured!" Mipha said, hysteria rising in her, normally calm and soft, voice.

Profusely, blood spurted from a deep laceration on (Y/n)'s right shoulder, the hand of that arm clutching sand to transfer the pain somewhere else.

Mipha detached Sidon from the wounded girl, placing him with Zelda who put a reassuring hand on his shoulder, but she wouldn't even glance at him, her emerald eyes solely focused on his injured savior.

(Y/n)'s face was an unbreakable mask, ignoring whatever agony she was going through.

Hands glowing an iridescent blue, Mipha placed both her hands over (Y/n)'s right shoulder. Soon enough, the skin stitched back together, and the crimson liquid seized to flow. The light of Mipha's healing flickered before going out completely, a thin scar trailing the aftermath of (Y/n)'s gaping wound.

Sighing, Mipha retracted her hands from (Y/n)'s shoulder. "My power has reached its limit, I can't do anything about the remaining scar. I'm sorry."

"There is no need to apologize, Princess Mipha. Surely, I would have bled out if it were not for your healing. I owe you my life." (Y/n) monotonously thanked, eyes closed to regain her bearings as she mustered enough strength to stand. A wave of dizziness washed over (Y/n), massive amounts of her blood soaking her ruined attire.

Out of nowhere, two hands clutched onto the front of (Y/n)'s tunic, balling the fabric in their quivering hands.

Zelda righted the unstable girl, and even as the heavy rain still continued to drench the princess of Hyrule, (Y/n) could see the salty tears leaking from her bloodshot eyes. Zelda's golden hair hung limp against her back, skin drained of all color just like (Y/n)'s. Lips tightly pursed, Zelda furiously stared into (Y/n)'s eyes. She needn't say anything to the Sheikah girl to express how she felt.

(Y/n) couldn't stop her features from softening the slightest bit. Zelda was always a constant in her life. . . always there through thick and thin.

A moment of weakness caused (Y/n) to throw her uninjured arm around Zelda's shoulders, pulling the girl in for a side hug. The princess immediately reciprocated the embrace, pressing her face into (Y/n)'s bloody tunic to hide her tears.

Knowing Zelda was out of commission for the time being, (Y/n) took command. "We should go tell your father of this, Princess Mipha. He should be aware of the rising threat toward your home."

Mipha picked up Sidon, resting a hand on his head to comfort him. "That would be best. And what you said earlier, about owing your life to me, that is not true. It is I who owe you my life and Sidon's. With all of my heart, I thank you, and please, from now on you may call me Mipha."

How anyone could be so immensely happy and relieved, (Y/n) didn't know. For a split second, the Sheikah girl became envious, her cold heart cracking slightly. What she wouldn't give for just one peaceful day. No, scratch that. A peaceful life. No more carrying out orders, sacrificing herself in another's stead, or bleeding out for people she held no love for, nor would she ever.

But then, (Y/n) remembered not everyone gets their fairytale ending. She remembered why she was doing any of this in the first place. She needed to remember her own mission. The one she spent every hour of everyday training for.

The one thing (Y/n) couldn't bring herself to do was admit the truth – why the Lynel appeared before them in the first place.

It was all her fault.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

162K 2.3K 22
!STORY IS IN ENGLISH! --very rarely going through and editing out some of my awful grammar and just making it more readable.-- I've no more inspirati...
6.4K 148 25
Open your eyes... Wake up, Link! Please... Hyrule needs you.... I need you... Meilen needs you...
67K 2.3K 25
✥ W h e n t h e r e i s l i f e , t h e r e i s d e a t h ✥ - UNDER EDITING - It was back then at the time of the Goddesses when she was b...
57.9K 1.6K 35
i always say we should be together i can see below 'cause there's something in here and if you are gone, i will not belong