The Program

By HolographicMuse

Eight students are chosen to be part of a new program organized by Fairy Tail boarding school in hopes to hel... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 23

99 6 1
By HolographicMuse

Chapter 23 - ''Returning''

Erza Fernandes

After the carnival I've been spending my weekend packing up and getting ready to go back to Fairy Tail Academy. I finally made my decision.

I want to stay. There's nothing for me at home. But here I have Jellal.

Even though what he did at the carnival was weird.. I was so sure that he was going to kiss me. But I must be imagining things. I'm his sister and that's what he sees me as. His little sister. I can't go thinking for one second that he feels otherwise like me.

I'm the only one with feelings here. Jellal has never felt any different towards me, never has and never will.

And that's the way things will always be. I need to accept it and move on with my life.

I pulled my suitcase, opening the door to my dorm. My roommate, Levy McGarden, was standing in front of the mirror combing her hair.

She jumped once she saw me from the corner of her eye. ''E-Erza!''

''Hi.'' I greeted, stepping inside the room and closing the door behind me.

''You're okay.. I'm so glad.'' Levy stated faintly with a look of relief on her face.

''Yeah. Um,'' I lifted my suitcase onto my bed before turning to face her direction. ''I'm sorry about how I acted towards you before. I remember you being there to help. Thanks.''

''It's n-not a problem but.. are you okay?'' She asked cautiously, seeming to be afraid that I was going to go off on her.

''I'm okay now thanks to you. And the others.. I should really thank them.''

''Natsu and Lucy?'' Levy questioned. ''You can thank them at breakfast. They're going to be so happy to see you.''

''Really? But I didn't even talk to them.''

''Well, now's your chance.'' Levy stated with a smile. ''They're nice people.''

''Thanks again Levy. I feel bad for being a bitch towards you before.. I hope we can start over.'' I suggested hopefully.

''I'd love that!'' Levy expressed cheerfully.

I gave her a slight smile before opening my suitcase and taking out my uniform and towel. Heading into the bathroom, I took a shower and got ready for the day. I didn't take too long, it felt like only five minutes passed.

Borrowing Levy's comb with her permission I used it to run through my hair and smooth it out. As I finished up I grabbed my bag and headed out the door with my roommate, we decided to go to the cafeteria for breakfast first.

Once we entered we got in lines to receive the most important meal of the day. I followed behind Levy as she lead me to the table where the people I wanted to thank were sitting at.

The two were close with Natsu's arm around Lucy. They looked like a couple.

Are they dating?

''Hey Erza, it's great to see you back. How've you been?'' Natsu asked, glancing up at me. I slowly sat down across from them as Levy mimicked my actions.

''I've been good. I wanted to thank you and Lucy for saving me back then. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys..'' I rubbed the back of my neck. It felt weird saying that. They already know about my depression although they're just strangers and that fact made me somewhat uncomfortable.

''We're just hope you're okay. You really surprised us all there. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here.'' Lucy offered.

''Thanks for the offer..''

A guy and a girl then walked up to the table, taking a seat. I think their names are.. Gray and Juvia? I honestly don't remember. My time here wasn't long enough.

''Sup gay pants.'' Natsu greeted his friend with a chuckle.

''Please shut up already.'' Gray sighed before gazing over at me. He didn't say anything but from the look he was giving me he wanted to.

''Hello Erza!'' Juvia's cheerful voice made my attention focus on her. ''Juvia is glad that you're finally back. She is hoping that now we'll be able to become friends.''

Oh, it's this girl. The one who talks in third person. It's a little weird.

''Sure..'' I trailed off, not knowing how to respond. I didn't really know how to feel. I haven't had any friends for such a long time due to me cutting everyone off. But it felt kinda nice to start fresh. This is my chance. Making friends is one of the first steps to fixing myself; to becoming a better person.

''So anyway yesterday when I was in my room I was looking for my boxers-''

''Natsu!'' Lucy raised her voice in a way that told him to stop talking.

Gray let out a light snicker. ''Such an idiot.''

''I'm hurt, I'm just trying to tell a funny story.'' Natsu frowned before laughing.

I can already tell that Natsu is the comedian of the group.

''Yeah, tell us all about your boxers in front of your girlfriend.'' Gray urged jokingly.

So Lucy is his girlfriend and Gray appears to be his best friend. It's a weird combo. They seem like polar opposites.

From beside me I could tell that Levy was distracted. She kept looking around the cafeteria. Is she searching for someone?

My suspicions were confirmed when she got up and strolled over to this big guy in our class with long black hair and piercings. He had sharp killer red eyes, he definitely came off as intimidating. It felt a bit weird looking at the two since Levy is a small frail girl.

They talked a bit before she brought him back over with her. ''Guys, can m-my friend Gajeel sit with us?''

''You don't have to ask, Lev.'' Lucy smiled gently.

''Thanks Lulu!'' Levy sat back down with her friend Gajeel taking the seat next to her.

''Lulu? I thought I was the only one who had a nickname for Luce!'' Natsu exclaimed with a laugh.

''Looks like everyone is beating you at your own game and better.'' Gray commented.

''Shut up gay pants.'' Natsu ordered with a blank face.

''For god sake, are you ever going to stop calling me that?!''

With all the conversing going on I didn't notice Jellal walking up. ''Erza?''

I turned my head, glancing up at him. ''Morning Jellal.''

''Hey, it's Jello.'' Natsu chimed in.

''Excuse me?'' Jellal asked, looking over at the pinkhead.

''Your name is Jello.'' Natsu stated it as if it was a fact.

''We're in the same class, you know my name is Jellal.'' He presented in confusion.

''I know but your name is confusing so I'm calling you Jello.''

''Whatever.'' Jellal rolled his eyes before sitting down next to me. ''How are you feeling, Erza?''

For some reason with the closeness the night at the carnival instantly popped up into my mind. I still couldn't help but wonder if he was going to kiss me although I keep putting myself down with reality.

''I'm good Jellal. You should really stop worrying.'' I assured.

''You know I can't help it, Erza..''

''Wait, I have a question.'' Natsu suddenly made his way into our conversation. ''Are you guys really siblings? You look nothing alike.''

''No. We're step siblings..'' Jellal answered. ''Her mom and my dad.''

''I just knew you guys couldn't be related by blood.''

This guy has no idea. Even though we aren't related by blood we're still considered family..

''What about you? Parents divorced?'' Jellal questioned, trying to keep the chat going.

''Nah. I got both of my parents. My mom has a lot of health issues though..'' Natsu responded, the anxiety evident in his voice.

''Speaking of..'' Lucy stood up. ''I need to go back to my dorm, I'll see you guys in class.'' She kissed Natsu on his cheek before leaving the cafeteria.

That was strange. I wonder what's up with her..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6K 1.1K 14
Lucy and Erza are new students at Fairy Tail High and stick together. They find themselves a group of great friends to hang with. They soon fall in l...
172K 4.9K 25
Natsu, the school playboy and Daredevil, has made a bet with his school buds. Natsu had to get naked pictures of the hottest girl in school and show...
2.7K 96 8
Main Characters: Natsu Dragneel, Lucy Heartfilia, Happy, Nathan Dragneel, Ashley Heartfillia, Erza Scarlet, Jellal Fernandez, Gray Fullbuster, Juvia...
1.3K 41 7
This is a sequel to "A Visit From the Future " so go and read that story first and then start reading this one. The setting takes place after the Gra...