The Wandering Hero. Asami X M...

Silver_Whisp

A Lone man walks down a path whom seems to be singing to himself. He's usually known as that guy to most. But... Еще

Chapter One: The Wandering Hero
Chapter Two A Foolish Hero? That's A Matter Of Opinion
Chapter Three: People Aren't My Forte
Chapter Four: Someone To Talk To
Chapter Five: I Hate It When I'm Right
Chapter Six: Ah Crap
Chapter Seven: Take It Back
Chapter Eight: Some Such Nonsense... Along With A Small Development
Chapter Nine: Wow... It's So Cold Some People's Attitudes Are As Well
Chapter Ten: Artists' Ally And A Fool
Chapter Eleven: Birds Of A Feather... Twins. Its Twins
Chapter Twelve: Under Pressure!
Chapter Thirteen: Learning More About Them Boys
Chapter Fourteen: Don't Jump.
Chapter Fifteen: Spirit Nonsense
Chapter Sixteen: Delicate Hands
Chapter Eighteen: The Big One. Like, Really Big.
Chapter Nineteen: Having A Chat
Chapter Twenty: Family Reunion
Chapter Twenty One: A Truth And A Big Bird.
Chapter Twenty Two: Kids Can Be Good Or Bad. Its A Matter Of Perspective.
Chapter Twenty Three: Taking It Slow.
Chapter Twenty Four: Sucky Family Values.
Chapter Twenty Five: Ba Sing Se
Chapter Twenty Six: Gray Areas Are Messy.
Chapter Twenty Seven: Nothing Beside Remains.
Chapter Twenty Eight: It's Okay To Not Be Okay.
Chapter Twenty Nine: A Date And Some Voices
Chapter Thirty: Ballad Of Mona Lisa
Chapter Thirty One: Finding Our Father
Chapter Thirty Two: Hellfire
The Wandering Hero ENDED!!!

Chapter Seventeen: Not Worth The Pulling

4.4K 90 34
Silver_Whisp

(No POV)

A good month has passed since the day (M/n) died... Again. One thing that he's had to get used to was his grandma and Connors slight coddling. Though he does find it annoying sometimes he knows its because the love him. It'll fade in time anyway. The big man himself is sitting in his room working on A portrait of Aquaris as Rohan sat in his lap. He may be making a future artist out of the baby. Not that he'd mind. He had since finished Pema's and wanted to make one for Aquaris. Aquaris herself has been training with Connor which was both interesting and strange. She has talent but she's about the same age as him so it's odd to watch. (M/n), Bolin, and Mako have a bet going on involving Connor, though they refuse to disclose what it could be. Right now most of the gang went to try and fight back against the vines. (M/n) knew it was a waste of time thanks to Tatsu so he stayed home to draw.

(Your POV)

They've been gone for what? Three hours now? I bet they've made no damn progress. I on the other hand have made great progress on the drawing. Glad I didn't lose the ability when I died and came back. They'll be returning soon enough. Rohan is holding a stuffed animal as he sleeps in my lap. I've been so still since I'm afraid to wake the poor kid. Soon I come to a stop in my artwork since I'm feeling puckish.

(Tatsu): 'He's such an easy baby... Even if he did vomit on you last week.' Tatsu said In my head sounding happy. I try not to laugh at the memory.

You: (In Thought): 'Easy for you. You didn't have to clean your jacket by hand. Man... Where did he store all of it?' I asked in my head as I looked at the sleeping kid. Tatsu begins laughing a bit in my head about that. I hear a knock on the door. "You may pass." I said in a slightly dramatic tone. The door opens and reveals Connor. "Let me gues... Pointless idea was pointless?" I asked with a smirk and raised brow. He sighed and nodded his head.

Connor: "Yes... It was utterly pointless for us to try. They keep growing back. Next to that Tenzin needs to train Daw." Connor said as he leaned on the wall in my room after he shut the door. I nodded in understanding. "We... Also have something we all need to discuss. That's why I'm here." He said sounding more serious.

You: "Okay... What?" I asked Connor with a raised brow. He gestured for me to follow. I grabbed Rohan gently after shutting my sketchpad and stood up with him in my arms. I followed Connor towards the main room. Once we entered I saw Asami, Bolin, Mako, Korra, Aquaris, Tenzin, Jinora and Pema. I handed Rohan to Pema gently which she was thankful for. I plopped next to Asami who smiles at me.

Tenzin: "We have learned that more air benders have been appearing across the world... Even my brother has become an air bender." Tenzin explained to all of us calmly. I smirk a bit.

You: "Tatsu figured that could happen. There was a huge inblanace without an equal number to the other three types. So... I'm guessing we all are going to go looking for them since odds are they don't have a way here or may need convincing?" I asked with a confident smirk. Tenzin nods his head. "Maybe we'll go to Ba Sing Se... Reminf me to avoid the lower ring's 'Long Club.' Please." I requested smiling a bit at the memory... Or what was there.

Aquaris: "Why? That's oddly specific to be random." Aquaris asked me with a smile. That's also something that's happened over the last month. She's been doing better and better, Sure there were days when her feelings would overwhelm her but all of us were there for her.

You: "Long story short. I walked in, got some juice, someone spiked it, and I got SUPER drunk. I woke up the next day without pants... or my wallet." I explained chuckling at the memory. Korra, Bolin, and Aquaris all laughed at that whle Mako just smiled and shook his head. Asami just giggled though.

Connor: "Wow... Who took your pants though?" Connor asked through his smile. I scratched the back of my head in response which got him to smile wide.

You: "I... Did... I tied them on a flag pole so I could salute them... At least that's what the guard told me." I said looking down. Everyone short of Tenzin laughed at that as I shook my head.

Asami: "You a scoundrel? I would have never known." Asami said faking shock. I look at her slowly with the most unamused face I can muster which just serves to get her to giggle.

You: "Anyway! Let's focus on what we were talking about." I said trying to change the subject.

Tenzin: "Yes... As amusing as that was we must keep on task. We will leave in two days' time. We would leave later but Connor said he needs to travel to the fire nation to check on something." Tenzin said as he gestured to Connor. Connor nods to confirm he's right.

Connor: "Got a friend I need to see before we begin." Connor said smiling slightly. "Not a girlfriend you large turd." He said as he gave me a flat look. Put my hands up and look offended.

You: "How dare you sir?" I ask in a posh accent sounding offended. He rolls his eyes at me which makes me chuckle.

Asami: "Who is this 'friend' Connor? You never mentioned them before." Asami asked Connor curiously. He seems to get slightly defensive at that question for some reason.

Connor: "You'll see them... Maybe. I can't tell you." Connor said sounding defensive. Asami merely nodded and dropped the subject.

Tenzin: "We'll see soon enough... Either way Connor needs to keep training Aquaris and Korra while I return to Daw." Tenzin said as he Auaris and Korra stood. "The rest of you I'd recommend deciding what you wish to bring. We'll likely be gone for months before returning." Tenzin said to us seriously but still in his normal calm tone. We all nodded in understanding and he left. Connor, Aquaris and Korra left to go do their training at the arena as they have been doing since Daw arrived a few weeks ago. I then looked at the others.

You: "Still feel comfortable in that bet Mako? Did you see the way she looked?" I asked Mako with a smirk. He gave me a confident look and smiled a bit.

Mako: "Oh yes. See. Even if thye do have feelings for one another I'm betting on the fact neither will admit it as well." Mako said confidently. I stop and think for a moment.

You: "You sneaky little man." I said sounding surprised but impressed. Mako chuckled as he and Bolin left the room. "Damnit... I don't want to lose all that money." I whispered to myself. Asami giggled beside me and I smiled at her. "Well... They're going out... What about us?" I asked Asami smiling a bit. She humed to herself for a bit.

Asami: "How about we just have a lie in? Work's been tiring." Asami said sounding tired. I nodded in understanding before getting an idea.

You: "We can do that... Just need to grab something." I said as I stood. Asami smiled as I walked towards the kitchen. After some rummaging I found the small cheesecake I had been hiding since I bought it this week. I smile and slice a piece of for Asami and I pour her a cup of milk. I smile at it and walk back into the main room. I then present Asami the cake and milk and she looks surprised. "Mako mentioned you liked cheese cake. So here." I said smiling kindly at her. She then smiles and takes both from me and I sit next to her gently so I don't make her to spill what I gave her.

Asami: "Thanks (M/n)... That's really sweet of you." Asami said to me sounding thankful. I shrug and she hugs me gently. I chuckle a bit and hug her back. She pulls away and gives me one more smile before turning to the cheese cake. "Didn't you want a slice?" Asami asked me as she took her first bite.

You: "To be honest, cheese cake is the only cake I don't like. In fact I hate the stuff." I said rather calmly. She looks at me confused after she swallowed her bite.

Asami: "If you hate it, then why would you buy it?" Asami asked me sounding confused. I look away slightly feeling nervous.

You: "I knew you liked it... And I saw it was the last one so... I bought it so you could have it." I said sounding nervous. I didn't want to look at her but the sound of silence and Tatsu asking me to made me do so. I look and see Asami blushing a tad and giving me a sweet smile.

Asami: "That's... Really sweet of you (M/n)... Very thoughtful to... Thank you." Asami said to me sounding very happy before hugging me again. I feel a small blush creep onto my face but I hug her back feeling happy. She let go of me and continued eating her cake but I swear... I saw her blushing a bit while doing so.

(Tatsu): 'You sure that I as wrong about that crush sweet heart? Seems I was right to me.' Tatsu said to me kindly in my head. I try not to chuckle put loud about that.

You: (In Thought): 'You and grandma keep teasing me about this... But hell you might be right. I mean... She's so sweet, kind, caring, confident, beau-... You ass.' I said in my head as I heard Tatsu start giggling. She broke out into full on laughter at that.

(Tatsu): 'Yet... I feel that you're hesitant to admit it... Why?' Tatus asked me in her motherly tone that I'm still having to get used to since she's become whole. I look at the ceiling as she asked that.

You: (In Thought): 'Do you still remember the talks we had when you were Hercule?' I asked in my head. Tatsu tells me she does. 'Same thing then... It's the same reason I hug people as gently as I humanly can... I'm afraid I'd hurt someone on accident.' I said sadly in my head as I looked over at Asami who is briefly before looking back at the ceiling. 'If I inured someone I loved... Like that little kid back at the village... I don't know what I would do.' I said sadly once more. Tatsu hummed in response to that.

(Tatsu): 'You know that wasn't your fault... Yet the fact you easily injured the boy bothers you. (M/n), yes your strength can allow you to lift a car but that's because you want it to... Just try and get closer to Asami... She understands you. You should do the same and you will see that your strength isn't as bad as you let other people make you think it is.' Tatsu said in my head sternly like a mother would. I think on the words for a but before giving in.

You: (In Thought): 'Fine. I'll try but if I hurt her I'm blaming you.' I said half-jokingly in my head. Tatsu laughed a small bit at that as I raised up. I look at Asami who is finishing her milk off it seems. "Hey... Want to see something since we're being lazy?" I asked Asami smiling. She finished the glass and wiped her mouth with a napkin before giving me her full attention.

Asami: "What do you have?" Asami asked me kindly. I smiled at her and stood up to go get what I needed

You: "Wait here only Jinora and Pema have seen these... Rohan to but he's a baby." I said smiling. Asami giggled and waited patiently as I walked off. As I walked back to my room I saw Pema giving me a knowing smile. I give her a look that says 'really?' She giggles and I roll my eyes. I walk to my room and grab my sketch book. The one with the scenery, not the portraits since no one sees those until they're done... Short of Pema I guess. I head back to the main room and see Asami smiling at me. I sit next to her and hand her the moderate sized pad. "Here... My 'secret' hobby everyone and their mother knows about apparently." I said jokingly. She giggled and took the pad. She opened the first page and I swear I heard her heart stop for a moment as her smile turned into a look of surprise and awe. She then gained a smile.

Asami: "This... This is far more than I ever expected." Asmai said in awe as she flipped the page to the next scene. It's of a snake I saw sun bathing near Ba Sing Se. He was so still I could get his exact position and form with the environment before he moved finally.

You: "Did you expect stick figures or something?" I asked with a small smirk. She pushed my shoulder in response which got me to chuckle. "I've been doing this since I was able to write with a pencil... I always loved the gentler aspect of drawing. Especially when compared to how strong I am." I said as she smiled at the drawing of a family of fire ferrets. Never saw the family but I did see someone in the village get one as a pet.

Asami: "I expected something more dramatic... Like fight scenes or something like that but... You've drawn allot of landscapes and animals." Asami said happily as she changed pages. She giggled at what was drawn. A fish escaping its fate at the hands of a fisher. "Slapped him?" Asami asked me. I nodded and she giggled again.

You: "Yep. Knocked the taste out of his mouth. Or that's what he said anyway." I said chuckling at the idea. She smiled more and kept turning through the pages. More and more landscapes were seen but once she got to the city scapes she took time looking at them.

Asami: "This would be Zaofu." Asami said to herself as she turned through the pages. "Fire Nation Palace." She said once more. She flipped through a few more before seeing a lone motorcyclist driving down a road. "Is that... My bike?" Asami asked looking at the page with surprise.

You: "Yep. Got inspired after I was able to get a closer look at it. I still have a hard time drawing inorganic shapes. This is the best I've done though." I admitted looking at her. She looked at me and shook her head.

Asami: "You're too modest. These are wonderful (M/n)." Asami said to me kindly with a gentle smile. I Look away a bit embarrassed. She giggled and handed the pad back. I took it and placed it in my lap. "Seems like a hobby I should do yet I'm the mechanic type and you're the artist." Asami said jokingly laughing slightly at the idea. I stifle a chuckle and shake my head.

You: "Aren't we just breaking gender barriers." I said jokingly with a chuckle. She full on laughed and I did the same.

Asami: "You know it's odd." Asami said as she glanced at the pad for a moment. I raised a brow at her. "I've seen you work on drawings before... You seem so different when you work on them." Asami said to me kindly.

You: "Care to elaborate?" I asked her curiously. Asami smiled and nodded her head yes.

Asami: "You always have that look that says, 'I can do anything' in your eyes no matter what. Other than... The whole Vaatu situation you always look that way. Except when you're drawing." Asami said looking at the pad once more. "When you're drawing you look calm, relaxed, and almost content. It's strange but nice." Asami said as she looked back at me wit a kind smile. I look down at the pad and smile a bit.

You: "Well, I feel at peace when I draw. And you're right about it being strange. The man that could tear a car in half with his bare hands is gentle enough with delicate charcoal to draw things like what's in my pad." I said smiling at the pad. I then look back at Asami. "I don't have many things that can do that to me. Grandma always jokes that when I find a lady to be with the calmness I feel when drawing would be with me where ever I go but hey, I'm happy enough drawing for now." I said smiling more. I won't lie though, having a special lady in my life would be great but, I fear I'd hurt them.

Asami: "She may be right (M/n). But I suppose you're right." Asami said to me kindly. "Doesn't mean you shouldn't try to look though." Asami said smirking at me slightly. I rolled my eyes playfully as she giggles at me.

You: "Yeah, yeah. Tatsu and grandma keep nagging me to find one." I said chuckling slightly. Asami laughed a bit at that. "Anyway, want to tell me about your hobby since you know about mine?" I asked Asami kindly. She shook her head no which I raise an eyebrow at.

Asami: "No... You've seen the biggest things I ever did. The glove, that exoskeleton suit, sorry about that by the way." Asami said jokingly. I just shrugged.

You: "Please, besides that fight with Vaatu that was the most fun I had in a fight in a while. Packed a mean punch. You did good on that." I complimented honestly with a smile. She smiled a bit and looked proud at the compliment.

Asami: "Thanks... Wasn't easy. Turns out steam power was perfect for it but had one flaw. Too much heat build-up. So, I went to work on it. Looking through the designs nothing was wrong but I wondered if we made it use pressurized hair through hoses would work better and poof, almost took on someone with enough strength to lift a Ferris Wheel." Asami explained and got a look in her eye I know well. Just like when I draw.

You: "Like I said packed a hell of a punch. Just think, if you were allowed to work on it more it may have been able to match me point for point. You're really smart." I said smiling at her. I see her cheeks get the smallest of pink dusting but she smiles at the compliment.

Asami: "Thanks (M/n). I'm glad you think so. Many in the company thought I was crazy but after it took you on, they shut up real damn fast." Asami said with an almost smug look on her face. That got me to laugh a bit at the idea. "Anyway, my most proud work is my bike. Built it from spare parts the company had lying around." Asami said smiling proudly. I gain a surprised and impressed look. "It wasn't easy I'll tell you that but, I'm very proud of it." Asmi said still sounding very proud.

You: "As you should be. I couldn't name anyone but you who could just build something like that from damn near scratch. It's gorgeous to. Just like its owner." I said with a smirk at the end. She blushes and shoves me again which just makes me laugh.

Asami: "Shut up charmer." Asami said shaking her head. She then leaned back further into the couch. "Feels good to relax." Asami said sounding happy. I smiled a bit and agreed. I then stood and told her I'd be back in a moment. I walked to my room and put my art equipment up before heading back out and I see Asami looking half asleep. I sit down next to her and she breathes in deeply. She looks at me and smiles sleepily before looking back up. And now I sit in silence.

Yes. I could easily stand and leave her to sleep but I'd feel rude. Then leaving becomes a non-option. Her body ends up leaning on me and I just sit there not really sure of what to do. I look at her face and I can confirm she's down for the count. At least for a couple of hours. At most until dinner. So I, move my arm so she can lean on me more. She's leaning on my shoulder as my arm sits on the back of the couch and man, I wish I could be that comfortable at anypoint. She must really be tired. Now I'm afraid to budge so I just sit there as I hear Tatsu tease me in my head. Gods dammit.

*MEANWHILE*

(Kasai's POV)

Finally tracked this bald friend of mine. I'll need his help to free the others. Even if I feel that water witch could rot. Oh, well. I am currently within Zaheer's prison disguised as a guard. Dumb bastards didn't even realize I forged the transfer papers. How on earth were they not taught how to spot them? I have no idea. Unfortunately, it won't get me right up to his cell so at some point I'll have to beat some guards senseless. Not that I mind. Oddly, as I have been doing this I can't but help and think of my son. He has such potential. Yet I know he's been corrupted by Zuko's teachings and that bastard's adopted sister. Why did eh adopt those three again? I'll never know. I am now approaching where I'll need to break off from the group. As I pass the archway and manipulate the fire to create an immense amount of smoke which makes the guards around me begin to pass out due to oxygen deprivation. I then begin heading to the man's cell. I stop at a corner as I hear two guards speaking.

Guard 1: "They should've executed him." The first guard said. He sounded younger. Must be rather new to the scene.

Guard 2: "But they didn't. I may agree they should have but questioning it will get you nowhere. Trust me." The second guard said sounding annoyed. Nit at the young guard but at the situation at hand. The first guard sighed.

I peek over the corner and see they are the only two in there. I focus on my hand and generate electricity and send it at the older guard who grunts in pain and goes flying into the wall. I smirk and easily knock out the second guard and I am met with Zaheer's complicated cell. I roll my eyes at it and simply begin melting through it with such ease that it's sad. Soon I reach the center and see a bearded, long haired Zaheer chained up.

Kasai: "You look like a hobo." I joked as I approached him. He looked up and merely shook his head at me.

Zaheer: "And here I though Ghazan or P'li would have come but no. I get the smart ass." Zaheer said in a joking matter... o think. I pull back from his chains.

Kasai: "I could leave you here." I said with a smirk. He gives me an irritated look and I laugh. I then blow his chains to pieces and help him stand. He regains his stability. :I know where the others are being held and where the Avatar may be." I said smirking proudly as I removed the chains from his hands and ankles. He rubs them and nods.

Zaheer: "Good. We'll free them and go to where the Avatar is. Any news of your son?" Zaheer asked me as he looked at me. I sighed deeply.

Kasai: "Zuko trained him and he was taken in by one of his adopted sisters. He would never help us now. If anything, when he learns I'm free, he'll come looking for revenge." I said in a more serious tone. Zaheer shook his head at me.

Zaheer: "Shouldn't of killed his mother in front of him." Zaheer said to me flatly. I look away scowling a bit. "Let's go. They'll know something is amiss." Zaheer said as he left the cell. I followed behind him as we began running to the exit.

As we run out of the prison eliminating the guards as we need I begin to think. Connor will come for me as soon as he ehars we are free. This will be a problem. He can do both types of sub bending. He was the perfect child. The only one that turned out the way I wanted yet he was my biggest failure. Not the one I left or the other that is dead no... He is. He could eliminate me. And I may need to kill my son to protect all of us from that.

*TIMESKIP*

(Your POV)

I'm still just sitting here waiting for Asami to wake up. I have been able to move a bit since she passed out on me but not too much. Just reading something as she sleeps so I don't wake her. Dinner should be done soon. Thank goodness because this 'Ninjas of Love' Aquaris gave me is awful yet I can't stop reading it. It's like watching a car crash. It's terrible but I can't look away. Soon I feel Asami shift on me and I glance at her to see her eyes opening up a bit. Thank the gods. She yawns a bit before her eyes open and see me. I smile at her and she takes a moment. Then she looks at where she's laying and sits up once more. I take my arm down and roll my shoulder and arm since both feel like they fell asleep.

Asami: "Sorry... I didn't mean to." Asami said blushing a bit and looking away. I smile at her.

You: "No worries. You just rolled in your sleep and landed on me. I didn't want to move because you looked so comfy." I said to Asami kindly. She looked back at me and saw that I was serious before breathing out in what sounded like relief.

Asami: "Thanks (M/n). That was nice of you." Asami said to me smiling. I shrug and place the book on the table and wipe my eyes a bit.

You: "Not a problem Asami. Glad I was a comfy pillow." I said with a chuckle. She smiled a bit and I stood u to stretch. "Dinner should be done in three, two, one" and just as I said one Pema called everyone for dinner and Asami looked at me and shook her head.

Asami: "Have it down to a science huh?" Asami asked me with a cheeky smirk as she stood up. I chuckle a bit.

You: "Yeah science that baby!" I said jokingly. That got my shoulder slapped but made her laugh nevertheless. I smiled a bit and offered her the was first. "Shall we? I'm starving." I said happily. She smirked and walked pass me with a small wink that made me stop for a moment. "Oh you're good." I said as I followed her. She giggled again as we walked into the kitchen. Me and her sat down with everyone.

Ikki: "You two looked so cute!" Ikki said loudly in my direction. I look at her and she's smiling very wide. "Asami using you as a pillow with a smile on her face. It was the cutest th- hmpf!" I stopped Ikki from continuing as I saw Asami blush in embarrassment.

You: "Yes I'm sure you thought it was cute but, I think you're embarrassing Asami." I said to her calmly. Ikki turned and saw Asami's sate before nodding her head in understanding. I took my hand off her mouth.

Ty-Lee; "You two were cuddling hm?" I heard grandma ask me in a tone I am very familiar with. I look at her and give her a look that says 'stop' and she merely laughs. "Thank you for answering dearie." Grandma said with a smile on her face. I groan in frustration and everyone chuckles at me short of Asami.

You: "She was tired and I didn't want to move her." I explained trying to get the snickers and questions to stop. I look up and saw Connor looking at me.

Connor: "And with your immense strength and gentle nature you didn't just lay her down?" Connor asked with a faint smirk on his smug face. I go to retort but snap my mouth shut. He chuckles at me. "A stunned silence is very reassuring." He said jokingly which got a few of the others to laugh. I face plant into the table in frustration.

You: "Do something nice and they come for you." I muttered into the table. Hat got them to chuckle more and I shook my head before raising back up. The others are looking at Asami and I look at her to see her shaking her head.

Asami: "He made a decent pillow." She said smirking as she looked at me. Everyone laughed again and I groaned loudly. Then we began dinner.

There was more teasing which I expected but damn. They really think this was funny. It's always nice to eat like this. Especially since Daw came to say here. He's a riot though he does doubt himself sometimes. He feels he's not worthy of this but that lessened allot when I told him about where the hell I got my powers. He was amazed and strangely inspired. If a spirit thought that a non-bender was worthy of such abilities than who was he to argue with his. That makes me smile. As we eat, talk, and catch up I begin to feel something in the back of my neck. Like, something big just happened that's going to haunt someone. I hope they'll be okay.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

15.2K 438 31
This story is about a cute , sassy, stubborn and most handsome boy Kim Taehyung. Who is very confident and Intelligent boy. Who has the ability to ma...
35.4K 1.8K 24
Trust Issues [Twisted Wonderland Various x Yuji!Reader] Requested by Mlynn33920 on Wattpad "Your magic is not of this world and not of your own somet...
732K 9.8K 40
There is a prophecy most have never heard of. That one day a person will be born that can bend the powerful force of nature known as electricity to t...
The legend of Korra 9rdaley2

Приключения

88K 682 42
You are one of the most talented lightning bender in the world. The power that you hold is powerful and you will do whatever you can to protect your...