To Love A King

بواسطة alicenicholsons

(THIS WORK IS COMPLETELY UNEDITED, I WOULD SUGGEST READING THE GREED OF WOLVES INSTEAD UNTIL THIS BOOK HAS BE... المزيد

AUTHOR'S NOTE
The End
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
COVERS
11
12
BONUS CHAPTER: THE KING
13
14
15
MINI RANT BC I CAN'T KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
LILLIAN
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

18

11.3K 663 77
بواسطة alicenicholsons

don't forget to vote! :D

"Stupid girl!"

I roll my eyes and turn away from the witch, taking my time to look around the forest.

But before I can even take another breath, the old hag is right beside me, her strikingly green eyes piercing mine.

"I know you can do it, Lillian. Call on her."

I straighten my back and glare at her.

Sneering I ask, "How do I call on a forest exactly?"

"We've been over this, are you daft girl?"

It's true. We had been over it. Multiple times, but apparently I'm not good at thinking of happy things. Or as Anula put it, 'my best memory', whatever the fuck that means.

"I can't really choose," I look away from Anula and sigh dramatically, "I just have so many happy memories to pick from." The sarcasm dripped from every word. 

She frowns slightly, her face softens ever so slightly. Not exactly pity, but understanding, maybe. 

"It doesn't have to be a good memory. Just the one that evokes the strongest emotion from you. Lillian, I know you don't quite understand, but it is very important that you try."

The urge to scream is strong. No, no one ever wants to tell me what is going on. I'm always trapped by questions that never get answers and strangled by words I'll never get to say.

But, this is the world we all live in. Unfair, cruel and a tragedy in its own right. I'm not the only one who is suffering. I'm not the only one who has ever suffered.

So, I relax my shoulders, and I delve into parts of my mind that I never wanted to touch.

I do this because so much more then my questions are at stake.

+++

I think of my mother's death first. I think of how the feelings ripped me to shreds. Tore apart every single remnant of who I was. I think about her screams and how they scratched so painfully at my ears. I think of my father, who looked away as the woman he loved was torn to the bone. He mouthed her name, Emily. Over and over again.

He never moved. He was a coward, but I was one too.

But I also think of her. I think of Rose. I think of her lovely, blinding smile. I think of her soft lips and gentle caresses. 

I think of the freckles that scattered her nose. The ones that I use to compare to something as mighty as the stars.

I think of her leaving. I think of the wolves taking my last bit of light.

And I see the world on fire.

+++

Anula's voice jerks me out of my thoughts. 

In front of me is a wolf. Standing tall. Its eyes as blue as the midday sky and fur a mix of gray and white.

"That has got to be one of the most ironic things I've seen in a long time," She stops for a moment, looks at the wolf, then back at me, "The Wolf Queen with her own wolf, and to think I was going to just give up with you."

Looking towards Anula, I level my gaze and she answers my unasked question. "I wasn't sure if your connection was strong enough to the forest to call on an animal, but it is tradition to try." She laughs, "You are a strange, mad stricken girl Lillian. We are going to have just a grand time together."

I don't laugh along with her.

+++

"Why is it following me?" I ask annoyed.

"Why is she following you." The old witch corrects. 

I look back at the wolf. She reaches just a bit above my waist from what I can tell. She growls when I look at her. I almost growl back.

"She's your animal counterpart. Your spirits are one in the same. Only daughters with the strongest connection to the forests are gifted one. And sometimes, they don't ever even meet."

Anula looks over at me and the wolf. She shakes her head and smiles an old wicked smile. 

I look down at the wolf and she growls again.

Great, another bitchy wolf on my back.

+++

She follows us around the rest of the day, sometimes right by my side and other times falling beside.

Anula lectures me about the history of the forest and famous Daughters of the wolf world and I roll my eyes and nod along.

I have to admit though, I do enjoy my time with Anula, she is wise and holds answers I am in desperate need of. It is a definite plus that we just roam the forest during our 'lesson'.

I'm barefoot as usual, the ground his cool at my feet. 

I try not to think of the wolf's teeth sinking into my neck as I follow Anula.

My mind wanders to last night. Ares burning eyes as I slid into the bed after wandering around the house mindlessly for hours.

The wolf king had watched me silently the whole time. His talkative side gone as he watched and watched and watched.

Strange wolf, strange girl, strange world.

+++

"Well, what are you going to name her?" Anula asked as we sat outside her hut. I assume just waiting for the king to appear.

The wolf was lying less than a foot away from me. Her head resting on her huge paws. Her eyes burning pits fire. I think for a second maybe it wasn't the forest who gave this wolf to me, maybe it was Hylla.

Or maybe this wolf just thought I was going to be a tasty dinner or more likely a snack.

She is a beautiful deadly creature. I feel some sort of kinship with her. Her and her burning eyes.

"Nehulla." The name was pulled from my mouth. I've never heard of that name before now. Don't even know where it came from.

But it fit the wolf beside me.

Anula stiffened. Her eyes flash with an emotion I can't place in time. Her face loses all color.

"Where did you hear that name Lillian?"

I shrug. I move a little closer the Nehulla. I don't like the look on Anula's face.

"You are an ungodly girl Lillian." The witch breathed out

I shrug again. Tell me something I don't already know. 

Looking down at Nehulla, I wonder if wolves can smirk.

+++

Anula left early into her hut. Staring one last time at the wolf and then back at me. She mumbles something in a language I don't understand and finally backs away into her home.

I try not to dwell on the witches words.

It is hard though, when a witch is scared, you should be near death with fear. 

Nehulla. 

Who knew a name could insight such a reaction. 

The wolf king shows up less than a half an hour later. The same passive look on his face as usual.

He glances at Nehulla then at me. She growls at him. She is starting to grow on me.

He only says, "If she ever even leaves a scratch on you I will kill her."

My response is immediate, "She would never hurt me wolf king, keep your threats to yourself. She's mine."

Nehulla's teeth are on full display as she stares down the wolf king.

Oh, I'm really starting to like her.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

this is short i know!!! i promise the next chapter will be way longer, but i needed to get something out to you guys!

the support lately has been amazing, i'm getting so many nice as hell comments and it's so encouraging and uggg i just love you guys ngl 

anyways more coming next chapter, don't forget to vote and as always, maybe even leave a comment on your thoughts?

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

96.7K 4.1K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...
1.1M 29.5K 40
With his eyes trained on me he growls, "Unchain me." The supervisor chirps quietly, "I can't." His head swivels to her, and his fists are cle...
142K 2.8K 22
"I am a werewolf." As those words slipped through my lips, my angel looks at me bewildered. "You're a-a- what?" I nod, "A werewolf. But not just any...
1.3M 37.5K 62
"W-what does that m-mean?" I stutter and curse myself again for stuttering, that same smirk plastered on his stupidly adorable face yet again. "It m...