Book 1: The Scarlet Eyes (Nar...

By sgirlsgirl

It is well known how Naruto was born on the Nine tails attack. His parents perished and a great loss came upo... More

Prologue
Ch.1: Me Myself and I
Naomi Uchiha
Ch.2: Konoha, Meeting Naruto, and Settling in
Ch.3: The Academy
Ch.5: Insulting Duck butt and Teams
Ch.6: Survival Exercise and the Truth
Ch.7: Journey to the Land of Waves
Ch.8: Zabuza Momochi, Sharingan, and Mini Flashback
Ch.9: Tazuna's Home and Heart-to-Heart talk
Ch.10: Training and Argument
Ch.11: Battle with Zabuza
Ch. 12: Battle Part 2& End of the Journey to the Land of Waves
Ch. 13: Training and ANBU
Ren Miyazaki
Kazuya Takishima
Ch. 14: ANBU Mission and the Sand Siblings
Ch.15: Interrogation and the Written Exams
Ch.16: Torture Force, Tsukuyomi,& the Forest of Death
Ch.17: The Preliminaries and the Chunin Festival
Ch.18: Training and Finals
Ch.19: Suna's Attack on the Leaf
Ch.20: Sasori&Deidara and Itachi&Kisame
Ch.21: 5th Hokage, Sasu's Bday, Mysterious Mission
Ch.22: Tobi and Chasing Sasuke
Ch.23: Heartbreak and the Truth
Ch.24: The Akatsuki
Ch.25: Final
SEQUEL!!!!!!~~

Ch.4: Genin Exam

36.3K 1.2K 702
By sgirlsgirl

Naomi's POV

I woke up bright and early around 5 am. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. I decided to take a shower after I come back from training this morning.

I went to the kitchen to grab a water bottle, grabbed my weapons pouch, and headed out the door. I started jogging a bit on the streets. It wasn't that bright out yet, a bit, but the sun was just starting to rise.

The streets were pretty empty since it was pretty early in the morning. No shops or stalls were open. I came towards the edge of the village and marked it as my starting point. 

I then began my laps around Konoha. I sprinted as the wind flowed through my hair. After about 5 laps, I decided to head to the training grounds.

As I was walking, I heard some sounds of kunai's and shurikens. As curious as I was, I decided to follow that sound. I peeked around a tree to see a boy with long brown hair tied towards the end, a headband covering his forehead, and he wore dark brown shorts and a beige colored top. What distinctively stood out were the veins around his eyes.

Ahh. So he's part of the Hyuga Clan... interesting. 

"You can come out now. There's no use in hiding." his voice spoke towards where I was standing. I walked out from behind the tree and went towards him. 

"Who are you and what are you doing out here?" he questioned with a raised kunai. I raised an eyebrow and put my hands up in the 'surrender' mode. 

"Relax, I was just doing laps around the village and thought that I should train at the grounds. Then I heard some noise which led me to being here. You look like you're also training, need a sparring partner?" 

He scoffed. "I don't need a partner from someone who's not even a genin yet. You're abilities won't match up to my standards." I narrowed my eyes at him. I hated being underestimated. 

"In other words... you're scared?" I innocently asked as I twirled a kunai in my hand. He glared at me with clenched fists. 

"Fine. One fight. I will show you not to bother me again." I nodded at his response and took a couple steps back. I took out a couple of kunai and shuriken and held it between my fingers.

Veins started appearing around the boy's eyes and he got into a stance. I was glad that I fairly knew how the Byakugan worked since Jii-san taught me about all three famous Dojutsu's: Sharingan, Byakugan, and the Rinnegan. 

I decided to go first. I aimed my in hand weapons at him. He obviously dodged. I quickly appeared behind him with my speed and aimed a punch. He blocked and out taijutsu battle began. 

As I tried to kick him, he grabbed my foot and spun me. I used his shoulders as a momentum to roundhouse kick him back. I actually hit him in the stomach as he grunted a bit. 

He held out his palms as we both ran towards each other. I made quick hand signs. "Fire Style: Fire Ball Jutsu!" I yelled and brought two fingers to my mouth. I inhaled a large amount of air and steadily blew it through my fingers, successfully creating a large fireball that was rolling towards him.

He jumped out of the way and appeared right behind me. "Gentle Fist!" he yelled and hit me on my back and arms blocking off my chakra points.

I grunted in pain as I felt my chakra recede. I put my hands together and in jutsu formation and I slowly opened my eyes. I now had my Sharingan activated. BUT, it could not be seen due to the powerful genjutsu that I have to maintain all of the time. 

Everything became more clear and refined. It was if time had slowed down and showed me my opponents movements like a video in slow motion. 

I haven't used it in a while. I'm glad I am now. I needed some training with it. I was now able to see what the boy will be doing. 

"Gentle Fist!" he came in front of me and tried to punch me and here and there. I ducked his arm attack and jumped to the side as he kept getting more and more near me. 

I created a series of hand signs. "RASENGAN!" I yelled and smacked the light blue density chakra ball into his stomach. He flew back into the tree. I quickly got a kunai knift and flashed behind him and held it to his neck.

Well my grandfather is Jiraiya, so he showed me the technique that the 4th had made.

"Dead." I said. Both of us were panting slightly. It probably seemed like it wasn't that much of a fight, but it was. A little fight can go a long way and cause quite an injury. 

He grunted and rolled his eyes. I held out my hand. He looked at me and my hand and reluctantly gave in. "The name's Naomi. Naomi Suzuki." 

"Neji. Neji Hyuga." I grinned at him. 

"Well Neji how about we become sparring partners. I believe that it would be good to go against each other. What do you say?" 

He contemplated for a bit and then nodded. "Very well. That's fine with me. Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Here at 8 am." I nodded at our schedule. 

I took a couple of steps towards him and placed my one of my hands on his chest and the other on his abdomen. 

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked with suspicious eyes. There was slight pink on his cheeks. But barely noticeable. I smirked in amusement. 

"Relax. I'm just healing you." I spoke as I sent chakra to my arms. The familiar green light flowed out and started fixing up the cells inside his body. After I put my hands on my own shoulders and stomach to heal myself. 

"Well... I must get going. I've got to head to the academy.See ya!" I waved him off. 

"Wait.." he spoke. I stopped and looked at him. "What's your real rank? You're obviously not a genin." 

I flashed him a pearl white teeth smile. "Maybe I'll let you know once we get to know each other better. Till then..." I made hand signs and poofed out of there. 

I landed in my condo. I went straight into my bathroom and took a hot shower. It felt great as the hot water grazed on my sore muscles. I sighed in content. I finally lathered my hair with shampoo and washed my body with soap. 

I came out and wrapped myself in my black towel this time. I went into my large closet and picked out a fresh pair of my ninja clothes and undergarments. When I finished dressing up, I trudged towards the kitchen while singing parts of a song here and there.

"Habata itara modorani to itte"   I sung as I whisked my pancake mix. I added some fresh blueberries that I picked out from the market the other day. I continued singing.

"Mezashita no wa aoi aoi ano sora" I poured the mix over the pan. As I waited for it to be cooked, I took out a glass of milk and added some melted chocolate into it. I stirred it until it became chocolate milk. 

I flipped the finished pancakes onto my plate and dug in. My mouth watered as the light blueberry flavor melted on my tongue. I finished up my breakfast and headed out the door to the academy. 

**Time Skip**

I stepped inside of the academy class room. No one was there except the teme Sasuke. We both glared at each other. You could literally see the lightening rolling off our dark aura.

"Uchiha." I spit out his name. I mentally flinched since it was mine also. As you can see, I don't really act like a typical Uchiha. Okay well maybe sometimes when I'm angry or in a bad mood.

"Suzuki." he said in the same tone as mine. I was about to say something else back until Iruka-sensei entered the classroom and and a couple of our classmates started coming in. 

The whole class had finally come in and I sat next to Naruto in the front. 

Iruka finally spoke up. "We will now start the final exam. When your name is called proceed to the testing room. The final test will be on the clone jutsu."

I rolled my eyes. That was their test? A clone jutsu? Wow.

"No no no! Ugh! That's my worst technique! Great! I'm never gonna pass!" Naruto exclaimed besides me. I rested my hand on his shoulder. He turned towards me.

"Don't worry Naruto! You'll do great! If you pass, I'll make you the best homemade ramen ever!" That motivation seemed to work as he nodded enthusiastically. 

"Naomi Suzuki!" my name was called.

"Well wish me luck, Naru-kun!" I grinned and went down the stairs to the testing room. I heard a loud "Good luck!" as I left the door.

I went inside and saw Iruka sensei with another ninja with long white-ish gray hair that went down to his shoulders. "Alright Naomi, I'm Mizuki sensei. Please create 3 clones."

I narrowed my eyes at him. His aura and chakra didn't feel right... almost evil. Better keep an eye on him. Without using my hands, I began.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!" POOF! 3 perfect shadow clones appeared beside me. The two sensei's looked at me in shock. I heard them mutter things with each other. 

"Did she just create the shadow clone?" I heard Mizuki mutter. 

Iruka shook his head. "I don't know how she knows an advanced jonin technique!" I rolled my eyes.

"Congratulations. You pass. You can come up and pick your head band." I nodded and went to the table. 

"Hmmm there are only blue ones. Are there any black ones? It's one of my favorite colors." 

Iruka sensei smiled. "We give them to ninjas who ask for them. Here you are." He gave me a black one from the box underneath the table. 

I grinned. "Thanks Iruka- sensei." As I walked back to the door I turned around to look at Mizuki. He was fake smiling at me. I glared at him and showed him the 'I'm watching you' hand motions from my eyes to his. His eyes widened and that was my cue to leave.

I went out to the courtyard and saw some of my classmates with their parents. A frown appeared on my face as I looked at them happily interacting. 

I knew I wouldn't be able to do that... I had loving parents who sacrificed themselves for me, but unfortunately I've never met them. I only know my mother's name. Sora Uchiha. I don't have a picture of her either. And I don't know my father at all. But people say he was a powerful shinobi. 

I sighed and saw Naruto sitting on the swing with sad expression. My frown deepened. I guess he didn't pass. Oh Naruto. I walked towards him and crouched down in front of him. 

"Hey Naruto." I greeted gently. "There will always be a next time. I'll train you myself for it. How about that?"

He shook his head. "It's always like this Naomi-chan. I will never pass. I'm not cutout to be a ninja! How will I ever become Hokage at this rate! I'm not strong." 

"There, do you see him?" I heard a whisper of a woman. 

"It's that boy. I hear he's the only one who failed." Another whisper came. I turned my head to see two parents gossiping with each other. 

"Hmph! Well it serves him right." I turned to see tears forming in Naruto's eyes. I grew angry.

"Just imagine if he became a ninja. I mean he's the boy who--"

I flashed behind the two women. "My my my, look at two parents gossiping about a child. Shut your mouth before I shut it for you."

They jumped back in surprise. "You're just a genin, kid." The parent said with a sassy tone after recovering from the shock. I started laughing. 

"Says who?? I may be ranked genin, but my actual rank is above jonin. You know what else??" I asked.

I went closer to their faces and whispered in their ears. "I'm prominently named in the Bingo Book. I could kill you in a mere second and no one would even notice." I seethed. You're probably wondering how I am... well all in due time. ;)

They started sweating and took a step back. 

I glared at them with one of my deadliest glares. "Now if I ever catch you two gossiping again, I will make sure your child is also parent less. Get it?"

They nodded with fear. "NOW SCRAM!!" I yelled. They scurried away with their tails between their legs. I was still angry. My anger was getting towards me. I wanted to kill them soo badly. But I calmed myself down taking a couple of breaths.

I turned to Naruto. "Naruto?" I asked and looked for him. He was no longer there on the swing. "Hmm I'm guessing he went home. *Sigh* I'll talk to him tomorrow. Well I guess I'll get going too."

When I reached home, I changed my clothes into my pajamas. Some shorts and a tank top with fuzzy socks. I went to the kitchen as I tied my hair up. 

I decided to make a simple dinner. I took out a couple of ingredients. Some seaweed wrap, sticky rice, my favorite fish, avocado, carrots, and just a bit of seasoning. 

I placed the sticky rice on the seaweed wrap. Put slices of fish, avocado, and carrots. I sprinkled some seasoning and rolled it together nice and tightly. I cut it into circular bits.

I took out two small dipping bowls and put soy sauce in one and wasabi in the other. I also make some jasmine tea to go along with my sushi rolls.

When I finished dinner, I went to my room, brushed my teeth, and sat down on my bed Indian style. I relaxed my breathing and started meditating. 

I've been taught to always meditate. It calms me down and helps to control chakra better. Even though I have great chakra control since I've been training with Tsunade baa-chan since who knows when, it never hurts to retouch on the basics. 

After that, I turned of the lights and fell asleep in anticipation of what will be waiting for me tomorrow.

End of Chapter 4! Don't worry the exciting stuff will come! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 7.2K 16
Naruto grew up hated by his village when all his parents wanted was for him to be seen as a hero for having the Nine-Tailed Chakra Beast sealed insid...
3.8K 89 19
As an Uchiha your whole existence has practically been a curse, you're parents died shortly after you're birth, leaving you in the hands of the Third...
919K 35K 95
You have watched her grow from a baby; you have watched her struggles and witnessed her losses. You have cried for her defeats and felt the pain from...
106K 3.8K 34
Kakashi x Reader You suddenly find yourself stuck in "Naruto's" world without knowing why, and were taken in by the Leaf village as one of the infamo...