Love Beneath The Darklines(co...

By shachiseth

A Dark Past - Shyna. A Very Ambitious Future - Davidson They are two contradictory personalities. Yet they me... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 Unwanted Attraction
Chapter 2 Staring Contest
Chapter 3 Friendly Encounter
Chapter 4 Divine Attraction
Chapter 5 Twists In Friendship
Chapter 6 Listen To Your Instincts
Chapter 7 Without You
Chapter 8 Make Her Smile
Chapter 9 A Night Together
Chapter 10 Dreams, Hallucinations And Chimeras!!!!!!!
Chapter 11 Fighting The Past
Chapter 12 Adventure Ride.
Chapter 13 Developing Bonds
Chapter 14 Need You Now
Chapter 15 Hands Of Help
Chapter 16 His Divine Touch
Chapter 17 Evil Birthday!!!!!
Chapter 18 Togetherness
Chapter 19 You Are Beautiful
Chapter 20 Wanna Help You
Chapter 21 Enigmatic Smile
Chapter 23 A Companion
Chapter 24 Lucky Charm
Chapter 25 Influx With Past
Chapter 26 Influences Of The Upbringing
Chapter 27 Word Fights
Chapter 28 Free Falling
Chapter 29 Breathtaking Beauty
Chapter 30 Past Grimaces
Chapter 31 Definition Of Love
Chapter 32 Love You Like I Do
Chapter 33 Perfection
Chapter 34 Power Of Love
Chapter 35 Wrecking Ball
Chapter 36 Sometimes Pain's The Healer
Chapter 37 Cheating v/s Vengeance
Chapter 38 Deadly Silence

Chapter 39 Winner Stands Alone

725 58 16
By shachiseth

Chapter 39

Winner Stands Alone

"Winner Stands Alone"

So truly said by Paul Coelho as again I stand alone being the star player of the country, internally at top position, my dream had come true.

But I am standing alone in my house, alone and lonely....

What does she think of herself, she is going to reject me again?

I swear I would never talk to her ever.

Sometimes I am even forced to think if she really loved me?

Did she ever have any feelings for me?

All the wedding thing was fake, she never intended to marry me, all was a part of her revenge to get through Mark and his friends.

But the thing is though I grieved over my brother's death, I still couldn't hate Shyna for doing this to him.

It was equally shocking for me to learn that he was not my sibling but step brother, my parents never let me realise.

There were times when my mom preferred him over me and I did feel jealous about it too.

They had been through really tough times when they realised what Mark had done to an innocent young girl through Denver himself who got really scared on the day when the place they'd taken Shyna for sale was intruded by cops.

Though they managed to run away but Denver had learnt a lesson which Mark and Weasley failed to till the end of their lives.

Mom and Dad tried to help Mark, even took him for rehab and therapy sessions but the doctors said what he's been through at the age of three when he was with his mom had affected his brains a lot, the extent of which could never be calculated.

So I guess we all have certain darklines in our life, the challenge is to find love beneath them.

My father has now liberalized in terms of his expectations from me, too shocked by what Mark's revelations that he chose to go for easy and quick money to prove his worth to him.

So he was easy to me, most of Mark's assets we also forfeited by the cops they all being illegal.

One thing that Mark did and I'd respect him for that was he kept your family away from what he did. So cops only came to interrogate with us giving a clean chit to my dad that he had no involvement in any illegal business that Mark was into.

Shyna too being 'Angel was a shock.

Infact that girl never ceases to surprise me!

I wouldn't have believed but the way she admitted I knew that it was true. I can always pick her truth.

I do not even judge her for being an 'Angel though the way she killed was brutal because I was aware of what she had been through, it might have been worst since Denver went to her house immediately after Mark and Weasley's funeral ready to take his piece of punishment. I do not know nor do I desire to know the way Shyna punished him, I just couldn't.

Elina the lady officer closed the 'Angel's case differently mentioning in the reports that Angel was a male and died accidentally while the entire operation 'operation redumption' was going on to arrest the Boss.

Though I did not meet Shyna after the event but I was constantly in touch with Elina to make sure she was safe.

Elina on the other hand was like a family. Initially I was shocked to see her at my brother's funeral but later when she was broken at the cremation ceremony she disclosed that she loved Mark and had been his girlfriend since three years.

Denver secretly informed us that Mark only befriended her and got involved with her because he thought in case he went through any legal procedures, she would be too love struck to help

He would have least thought of being shot by her.

By then Denver was actually repenting on what he'd done and was shifting faraway with his family that included his mother and his little baby sister.

He'd lost his dad in an accident and thought that was god's way of punishing him and his family and it was time he should walk away and lead a respectable life. He was now a professor of literature in a reputed university in Toronto.

I however didn't share it with Elina who was already feeling guilty to have murdered her own boyfriend while the truth that he was a r@pist was much more to handle.

Also she swallowed saving 'Angel was a moral duty of ever individual on earth and she was only doing her duty.....

I always think to myself where had I been wrong to suffer like this.

No! I am in no pain or distress rather my team won the last match of the season thought didn't have any major role to play since it was all a team effort.

I had this incomplete nagging feeling and I won't even deny that I missed her, I still loved her though she's turning into a cold hearted person living in her hole. She is still friends to Liza and Rob, though Rob was never a student of the university nor was he training with Snyna. He was only being with her because he knew she escaped being a victim of human trafficking and they would eventually get to her and that would be his clue, her father's help was huge milestone and he also expected Shyna to be a part of it but he was ultimately proven wrong.

In fact he had bought that special knife for Shyna but never thought that silent and feisty Shyna would ever dare to kill humans or roam around the streets to pick random criminals for offences against women and kill them, castrate them to death.

However hat makes me uncomfortable is he does have feelings for Shyna I guess because when Elina chose to place her report of 'Angel being dead, he did not oppose. I did like him for that for sure.

And who wouldn't love Shyna once he knows how strong and equally vulnerable she is.

But does Shyna ever like or love anybody?

Does she miss me like I miss her.?

Were the days and nights that we spent together meant nothing to her?

The door bell and barking of Spike did bring a ray of hope in me that finally Shyna missed me and was here for me.

I did not go to her after the whole incident. I wanted her to come to me. It had happened a lot of times that I go to her and we are together than after sometime she realises that we aren't meant to be together and therefore pushes me and rejects me.

This time I didn't want to have her to lose her because losing her is much more painful than the good it is to have her.

I want her to come to me only if she wants to and it should be forever.

"I thought I missed you." Shyna said holding a key of my house that she might have used to open the door that I was obliterate she had with her.

I was too lost in my thoughts to open the door or I felt I was hallucinating. Missing Shyna so much that I could hear Spike's barking.

Spike jumped to me and I cuddled him like always, his bark more of a roar as he shrieked excited to see me, the quick wagging of tail clearly stated what Shyna said "he misses you."

Still caressing spike's mane, I dare to look into her goldens waiting for her to speak but she stays muted biting her lower lip as usual not able to convert her thoughts into words and wanting me to finish it for her.

"And you?" I finally asked breaking the silence that I was enjoying, anywhere, anytime that I have my love with me I'd cherish but still I asked. I wanted her so bad, missed her so much that I couldn't help asking.

And since she was here all by herself hopes bubbled inside me that she is back for me.

Instead what she spoke made the earth beneath my feet spin hundred times its speed "I am leaving" Shyna spoke.

"For good" she added probably she might have seen my eyes red with rage.

Her eyes digging the ground as she added "I couldn't breathe the air of same place.

Place where I know that You hate me, you do not need me, you'd never forgive me for doing what I had to your family, probably loathe me." Tears dwelled in her eyes and her throat choked as she added "good ..." She licked her tongue and bit her inner of the cheek as I could feel her voice stammering "bye"

And she turned around, her stance saying that she'd sprint out of my houseand it was then I needed to show some action.

I had to give up all my fears and insecurities of losing her. I held her .

I held her from her waist slowly moving upwards and cupped her cheeks, my grip tight enough to hurt her but she'd never be able to guess the hurt that her words had given me and I continued " Would you stay if I say I do not hate you..

Would you stay if i say I love you?

Would you stay if I tell you that I miss you more than ever?

Would you stay if I say I never blamed you?

Would you stay if I say I still want to spend my life with you, Marry you....

And she left a huge breath as I let my grip go instead she gripped my shirt collars tight pulling me towards her and kissed me.

Her kiss the same, full of love, desire , passion and fire an both of us loved it, both of us loved each other.

Strange but both of us had found Love Beneath The Darklines.....

All of a sudden she moved away from me. Her lean body barely managing to stand on her own as she stared at me silently.

Yet her silence was still a mystery.

########

"You are promoted Elina" Rob said cheerfully.

"Yes sir" Elina replied professionally.

"You will serve as my personal assistant"

"Yes sir" an obedient itch in her voice.

"You'll report at 9:00 am sharp"

"Yes sir"

"Dinner at Giorgio restaurant"

"Yes..s...ssss...

I mean" she was stunned.

Both of them stared at each other for a long time trying to read each other's eyes, an uncomfortable silence picking up the heat in the room which Elina decided to break as she took a deep breath.

"I thought you loved Shyna" Elina asked, rather it was acurt statement, her poise back to herself, she suddenly felt like herself,

Is it because of the charm Rob had within?

"Well" Rob clicked his tongue, he was really good looking and his looks were deceptive of his age, Elina suddenly felt warm in his presence "I did get attracted by her strong personality, but love is a strong feeling. I think I can wait for it. So about dinner tonight. My offers still there." He smirked.

"Do you know" Elina hesitated "Mark and me. I mean" she never had thought in the weirdest of her night mares that she'd feel humiliated with her relationship with the worlds' youngest and most successful entrepreneur.

"I guess it is past" Rob gave an assuring pat on her shoulders "I guess life gives you a second chance and you should give one to your heart" he rubbed his thumb on her cheeks trying to stop the invisible tears that she'd blocked inside and finished "I'll pick you at 7:00. Be ready." The smile that he left before leaving the room for Elina made her nod her head with approval not before blushing at the small peck that he tried to leave on her cheeks but stopped himself making her insides tingle.

Damn they were on duty!!!

Five months after the demise of her boyfriend whose love she now doubted she felt alive for the first time..

However dark the life is, there's always some love beneath the dark lines.....

The end....

Epilogue

Davidson's pov:

"Sportsperson of the year goes to Davidson Cooper" the announcement called.

I was fiddling with my fingers feeling lonely inside when my dad pulled me into a tight hug, a little more strength from his side might have strangled me but it was love, true love without any expectations.

"I would have never felt so proud before son" he hid the glassy expressions of his eyes letting my mom overtake me into her soft and cuddling hug

She did not hesitate crying, tears were spread all over her cheeks "I love you My baby" she cooed.

"Love you too mom" I smiled, I was no longer embarrassed at the showing off of affection, I valued them now.

I had my family together who loved me and supported me, I was happy .

Wasn't I?..

Without her....

"This winner will never stand alone" the voice that I longed to hear since she wasn't allowed to carry her mobile to her assignment.

"Shyna" I almost screamed as I pulled her into a bear hug and she blushed hiding her face in the crook of my neck and then sniffling her nose into my chest.

She is still not comfortable with public attention.

"You here?

Your assignment?

Did Gina win?

Today was the finals right?"

I rambled not able to contain my happiness with she being here besides me on the most important day of my life. I least expected her as she had to stay for an Olympic participant Gina to counsel her for the whole event which only finishes today.

"David" she said, her melodic voice making my belief stronger that it is her and am not hallucinating "they are waiting"

"Oh" I scratched my hair nervously " I got to go"

She worked her fingers on my hair combing them to perfection "you look good. Now go."

"Because you are here" I murmured before leaving for the stage, my eyes blinded by the continuous flashes from the cameras.

----------

Shyna's pov

"I cannot believe we eloped from the whole function and you planned it." David said proudly as he piled me into one of his usual comforting hugs in the elevator.

"The surprise is yet to come." I said as I gave him a slight peck on his cheeks.

After that encounter at the award ceremony, our relation was officially sealed by paparazzi, not that it was needed because I always felt that he was the chosen one for me.

Inspite of pushing him away so many times I had always ended up with him so I decided to stop fighting with my destiny and finally accept and live with the love of my life.

David however was in no hurry to marry me. He insisted on me pursuing my career first and today as I had gone to counsel the javelins throw participant of the home country, his protocol would be accomplished, we'd be together after that. Not that I wanted to announce it to the world but I couldn't let him be alone on his special day.

After making it through the Olympics day before the president was felicitating him with special honors and I was there for him, he wasn't alone

I retired a day earlier from Gina because I was sure that she'd make it to the gold with a record breaking throw for reason one being the coach had already shared it with me that she'd already throwing the stick during practice session with new record distance which I had denied him to forward it to her.

Also did not want her to have expectation syndrome for herself.

I wanted her to believe in herself so even though I left her a day before her match I convinced her that it was her inner spirit; the stronger Gina inside her who'll throw the javelin for her and I completely restricted her to meet anybody before the match except her coach who was only allowed to train her and pep talk with her.

Just like I got myself back after I forgave Denver, I did forgive him.

I guess he deserved second chance when he came to me after the whole thing ready to accept any sort of punishment for his deeds, even death.

He said that he was heartily sorry and realised what a blunder he had done when he was gifted with his sister. The thought itself of anyone harming her was alluring him so he'd changed himself, yet he felt that he was dying each day because of guilt of what he'd done to me and so he was there at my residence asking for punishment and I gave home the biggest of all punishments 'forgiveness '

So often heard 'forgiveness is divine' and I am living it.

If I was living or breathing with my fitness or in my darklines that contended me but actually forgiving Denver was like giving life to a new Shyna that was buried inside me.

"We all have a stronger version of ourselves inside us. All we need is to explore and awaken it. So I woke a new Gina up for her world championship tomorrow" I said as I looked at a smiling/teasing David.

"This is what I love about you" David looked at me with awe and pride both "you are too good at your work and equally confident too."

"And you know what I like about you?" I asked sincerely as I stretched to reach face to face with him, our lips almost brushing each other and bodies joined that I could feel the hotness behind his black track pants.

"Yeah that I love you" he tried to encircle me in his arms and pull me into a deep passionate kiss.

"No" I shouted as I ducked him and placed some distance between us enough to hold the zip of his jacket and swiped it down "your hot and sexy body"

He was still shocked at my sudden behaviour that it took mere seconds to pull the black dri fit fabric down and soon he was in front of me in his t-back tee and boxers.

He knew what was coming next so he himself got rid of the other two giving me a view that I was missing to have.

Bending into my knees I gave him the love he deserved with my mouth, my heart and soul and he equally returned the favour making me scream his name as he took me to another world which I knew existed and came alive whenever I was with him alone..

"I like the surprise" he said as he gave the final shriek of satisfaction that I love to hear.

"But I haven't shown you the surprise" I smirked as I added "yet"

"really" he said his eyes twinkling with excitement "if the pre surprise thing was so amazing, I wonder what the actual surprise would be?' he pouted eager like a three year old for his new toy car.

I tried to procrastinate, wait for his cute pouting, his restlessness, kisses and the tantrums he was throwing my way desperate to learn the surprise.

I removed my shirt exposing the nude colored singlet giving him the access to mark me once again.

I always loved his love bite on my shoulders.

It's the same feeling every time with goose pimples rising all over my body as if I die and am reborn again at the same instant. I feel like I am His, his marked girl.

But today when he looked at my bare shoulders where I loved to get marked, his eyes that were satisgied seconds ago were filled with lust again as he bent to kiss where I had tattoed his name where he'd love to love bite me.

His tongue doing erotic dances at the tattoed skin making both of us hungrier for more, for each other, for love,,, lots of love....

I have found love beneath the darklines....

########<

It was half past midnight in this Asian country, Maya was late preparing for her report deadline for which was tomorrow.

She was okay, she'd confirmed her kids were fed with microwave reheated food and had slept for they had early school tomorrow.

Just this one project and the single mother Maya can afford a tit bit of luxuries for her children so she didn't mind sitting late hours.

Only she didn't knew that her old car probably of 60's that he inherited from her granny would break down in the middle of night and where?....

The most secluded place which had the record of highest number of r@pe cases but she was strong, she can fight, she wasn't naive girl who'd succumb to any sex greedy monster.

She pulled the pepper spray from her bag and moved out looking for a cab but instead she was muted when two strong hands grabbed her from behind tying her mouth with the rough cloth that was dirty enough smelling oil and tarter.

Next the dress shirt was undone as the monster passed an evil laugh.

Before she could open her bag to remove the spray bottle, the bag went flying and falling at the far end corner with the hard slap that the attempting rapist put on her face making her crumble fall on the floor

'no I wouldn't give up' she promised herself but her kicks and punches were all in vain, she hadn't ever been trained in self defence.

Her trousers were pulled and tears moistened her face not able to touch the monsters heart.

Traumatized by the event she might have fainted for a moment because when she opened her eyes the attempting rapist now lay on the street naked with a pool of blood of blood surrounding his body, his man organ now a piece of flesh half burnt.

When she looked. She could see nothing but a shadow walking into the dark away still into the empty roads.

The vehicle le that was around for petrolling stopped besides her, the officer in mid forty did not have to ask to understand that she was attempted to rape.

With his strained humble voice he asked the lady as he helped her with his jacket that he was wearing on a not so cold winter day "who did this?"

Maya still looking at the empty road narrowing at the far end where the shadow of her saviour disappeared and answered first thing that came to her mind "Angel".....

A/n : so my most appreciated story so far in wattpad comes to an end. Thank you all those who have commented and voted.

And those who only enjoyed reading, my humble gratitude stays with you.

I will be blessed only if last time you , my sweetest readers would spare some time to simply press the 'star' button a token that would say you really liked the story, I will be greatly obliged.

Also a word or two in the comment box of the final chapter will make me treasure your words for ever.

So for the last time for this story I "BEG" you to vote n comment for the story

Thanks:)A/n : so my most appreciated story so far in wattpad comes to an end. Thank you all those who have commented and voted.

And those who only enjoyed reading, my humble gratitude stays with you.

I will be blessed only if last time you , my sweetest readers would spare some time to simply press the 'star' button a token that would say you really liked the story, I will be greatly obliged.

Also a word or two in the comment box of the final chapter will make me treasure your words for ever.

So for the last time for this story I "BEG" you to vote n comment for the story

Thanks:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...
44.5K 336 24
"Rhianna, love. Do not fear me. I will not hurt you, even in my deepest darkest dreams." His voice husky and deep. I finally scraped up the word...
6.4K 2.4K 51
Vianna Austin is a teenage girl who had been living her life to the fullest before obstacles begin to befall upon her. Friendships, love, family, aca...
4.6K 681 40
Honesty is the foundation of love, but what happens when this foundation is tainted with obsession, possessiveness, hunger for power, and the darknes...