Bringing Bucky Home (Bucky x...

By nocomfort

{COMPLETE} 'They said it, they Only needed to say the words.' All seems lost for Bucky, that is until you com... More

Introduction
Chapter One ~ Alive
Chapter Two ~ The file
Chapter Three ~ The Winter Soldier
Chapter Four ~ Discovering Secrets
Chapter Five ~ Finding Barnes
Chapter Six ~ Lack Of Trust
Chapter Seven ~ Locked up
Chapter Eight ~ Monster
Chapter Nine ~ Mission
Chapter Ten ~ Break out
Chapter Eleven ~ I'm here
Authors Note: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!
Chapter Twelve ~ The Softer Side
Chapter Thirteen ~ Makeover
Chapter Fourteen ~ Burn the book?
Chapter Fifteen ~ Everyone is Gone
Chapter Sixteen ~ Sandra
Chapter Seventeen ~ The Words
Chapter Eighteen ~ Transformation
Chapter Nineteen ~ Forgive/Trust
Chapter Twenty ~ Bucky Leaves
Chapter Twenty-One: Part 1 ~ One Way Ticket
Last Authors Note
Sequel Chat
Peace of Mind ~ The Sequel

Chapter Twenty-One: Part 2 ~ One Way Ticket

20.8K 546 419
By nocomfort

WARNING: this chapter is extremely long! Because it it the final part. :O

•••

This is it! This was Hydra. You held your breath as the truck was scanned. You kept your head low and acknowledged the guard who looked at you.

"Alright. Carry on through." The guard gestures. And You were in.

The gates closed and were locked tight. You watched the trees passing by as the truck reached a dark basement. The driver and passenger got out, so you followed.

As soon as you got out of the truck your eyes searched the dark room. There were vehicles everywhere, parked perfectly in order.

You noticed the one that Bucky was in, although no one was in it.

You heard yourself sigh.

This place was HUGE. How were you going to get in and out with Bucky? You didn't think there was much of a chance to escape.

You forced yourself to March after the driver and passenger because they knew where they were going.

The next few rooms were long hallways with limited lights which seemed to dim as we walked. There were rooms with tiny windows on each side of the walls in the hallway.

You felt like you had claustrophobia

The next entrance had a huge sign, reading 'office.' This had to be important. You break away from the group of soldiers that you were following and ran into a side room in the empty hall.

It was pitch black. You shut the door tightly and twist the lock until it clicks.

You started to feel the walls for a switch. For a sign of light. Fortunately you didn't have to search for too long as your head bumped a light handle which was attached to the roof.

Classy.

You reached up and pulled it.

Light flooded into the room instantly and you took a big breath. Wow, old fashioned alright.

You saw old radios, tv's, computers and more technical devices. Yikes, some of this stuff you recognised dated way, way, way back. Like from the 1940's.

Immediately your head filled with curiosity and you got distracted. Hydra have been around for too long. They should have died back in the 40's.

You lightly touched the devices as you walked along the rows. When you finally reached the end of the room you found some dusty drawers.

You pulled open the drawers and found some old files. Flipping through them, you started to realise how off track you were getting, until you saw the name James Buchanan Barnes. You flinched and looked at it twice.

Setting the rest of the files down, you began to flip through the fragile pages.

Most of the information was about Bucky's background. Until you saw the last page. It had all about where Hydra picked him up and how they tested and tortured him. To make it worse, there were pictures.

Very graphic pictures.

You quickly shut the book in disgust and cover your mouth. You hated Hydra with a passion.

Quickly, you returned everything to its original spots and rushed to the door. You put your ear to the wall and listened for any signs of other people.

Not a sound.

You presumed it was all clear and slowly peeked out the door.

Still no one.

But when you were just about to set foot outside, you heard people coming this way.

You kept the door open a crack to listen but kept yourself well hidden.

*click clack* *click clack*

The sound of heels filled the hall. And were soon accompanied by more footsteps.

You managed to see them. It was a man and a woman, both dressed in what looked like science lab coats. Their voices were hushed but not too quiet that you couldn't hear.

"We've just completed cycle one. The next cycle will be highly dangerous. Though I'm sure it's nothing he can't already handle." The man stopped to talk to the woman.

She nodded and wrote something down on her clipboard.

"I suppose his memories aren't fully gone yet?" She raised her eyebrows. "N-no, ma'am, though the next cycle will surely rid of them." The man seemed quite intimidated.

"Good. Mistress Sandra wants them gone as soon as possible." The woman poked her pen into the paper.

"It seems he really has a strong grip on his memories, ma'am. It's almost like he's certain that we can't disintegrate them." The man and woman begin to walk away.

The woman snickers as they walk away.

You leave the room You hid in and looked at the way they had come from and frowned.

You bend your helmet down so no one can see your face properly and head towards a new hallway.

•••

"Oh hell no." Sam walks into the bar to see glasses smashed and alcohol everywhere. And a sleeping Steve on the ground.

He sighs and helps Steve to the couch. "TONY" he yells.

Tony jolts down to the bar fast, and looks really pale, and dark eyed. Sam points to Steve. Tony's face drained of colour completely as he stared.

"She's gone isn't she."

"Yeah."

Tony began to nod his head.

"Okay.." he sighs and repeats, "Okay."

"Tony, This isn't Steves fault. She would have left either way." Sam spoke calmly knowing anytime, Tony would trigger himself into a panic attack.

Tony growls and kicks a table. Followed by the smashing of several lamps, and two more very fancy, expensive jars.

Sam quietly watches and keeps his cool. "I'm sorry."

"You're sorry? Yeah. Okay, but what about this guy!? This idiot called Steve; who claims he can't even get drunk! Then goes off and- and what?! Somehow gets magically drunk!" Tony yells for the world to hear. "And! And manages to let (y/n) leave!"

"Tony- you said he can't get drunk, right?"

"Y-yeah."

"Then the only way he could've got drunk is by having someone put something powerful enough to actually get him drunk into his drink." Sam looks proud of himself for figuring that out.

Tony blinks rapidly and stares at the ground knowing that Sam is right.

"(Y/N) left because she really loves Bucky. She really does." Steve says, being fully awake, he sits himself up properly.

"She told me everything. I remember."

Tony and Sam stare at Steve and then in other directions.

"I'm sure she is fine. I believe in her." Steve nods.

"We may never see her again, you realise Steve." Sam furrows his brows.

"I know."

"What'll Fury say when he finds out that one of his top agents is gone?!" Tony Grits his teeth.

"Nothing. We will tell him the truth. We'll tell him the whole thing. He needs to know that she completed the mission, successfully. And that she saved Bucky." Steve and the others looked at each other with long pitiful stares.

•••

You broke through door number 1, from the lab section of the building.

Empty.

Door number two.

Wrong prisoner.

And door number 3. Completely dark. Though the room had a distant glow. You squinted and strained to see what was down there. You slowly headed towards it, feeling your way through the dark.

Suddenly you felt a switch in which had a green glow and flipped it on. Many lights shuddered and then turned on.

Your eyes are suddenly drawn to him. Bucky, was strapped down onto a chair in which resembled one you'd see at a dentist.

You pushed away a small harsh light which was directly pointed at his face. You wanted to kill everyone in Hydra, just by taking one look at Bucky.

His bare chest had bruises and swollen spots everywhere from injections, and his face looked pale and sore.

You moved to his side and pulled off the muzzle from his teeth, also peeling off some stickers.

Your hand gently held the side of his face.

You Startled him, and Bucky's eyes shot open. Immediately he starts to panic. "Bucky- Bucky it's me-" you stress and try to calm him.

"No-" he shakes. "No more- please!" His voice cracks.

"Bucky-" you move your face closer to his so he can see you. "It's okay- you're okay." You look into his widened blue eyes.

His brows furrow and he calms. "(y/n)." He recognises you.

You break into a smile and cut away the straps that hold him down. Obviously he is too weak to lift himself, so you help him.

"We have to you out of here."

His eyes are glued to you as he watches your every move.

"What- are you doing here?" He tried to seem mad but was too weak to show it. "You- you can't be here."

You help him sit up.

"Hold on, Buck- I need to focus now. Tell me, if you remember.. where is the aid or medicine box? I can find something to help regain your strength a little."

He stares confused for a minute then points to the left side of the room.

You rush over and grab the box. You dig your hands into the lid and find the bottle you were searching for. With the bottle in hand, you race back to Bucky and pour it into a cup.

Bucky's eyes are slightly rolling back into his head. You pray he stays with you until you can get the liquid down his system.

Holding his head, you pour the liquid into his mouth, hoping that it would take effect right away.

He struggles, but manages to gulp it all down.

You ball your fists and wait. He coughs and starts to seem more lively. "(y/n)-" you help him off the chair and to his feet.
"How- how did you get in?" He asks and looks you in the eyes.

"I played dress up. But something tells me i was very lucky and that it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to get out." You smile at him.

"You should not have come. I needed you to be safe." He looks overwhelmed to see you, but something in his eyes tell you that he's deeply saddened.

"And I need you to be safe." You repeat his words and touch his flesh arm.

He looks down to where you touch him and glances back to you longingly.

"I'm so sorry (y/n). For everything. And now- now you are going to die in here." Bucky takes your hand.

"We'll escape. There's always a way Buck. Don't give up now." You pull his hand to show you want to get out of the room and out of Hydra.

"There isn't a way. I'm sorry."

"You escaped before!" You realise that the injections had killed off Bucky's hope and had now left him with a misery in which he thinks he cannot escape.

"I'm so grateful, for everything you did for me-" he gets cut off as you pull him down to you and kiss him softly. You wrap your arms around his neck.

Firstly, being startled, he stands frozen but slowly relaxes into it and then slides his arms around your waist, kissing you back.

He hungrily, tilts his head forwards for more. Though you pull back and smile at him. "You know, for- a 90 year old? You've still got it."

He chuckles, leaning in to kiss you again. "I love you." He mumbles into the kiss. And it was tremendous.

When you both break apart, you take his metal hand and bring it to your face. "I know we can get out. Just do this for me. Try to work with me, try to get out with me."

Bucky stares into your eyes and pauses, before nodding. "You're right."

Before we could head to the door, the handle started to turn, meaning someone was entering the room. You thought fast and dove for cover and Bucky followed you.

Again, came the clicking of heels.

"What-" the woman who entered started to say, when you ducked up and Aimed your gun at her.

"Don't move!" You threatened and she immediately flung her hands in the air. "Give me your weapons." You move forward and make sure Bucky stays hidden.

He gives you a frown, obviously not approving of you not letting him help.

The Woman lays a small hand gun on the table as well as a pocket knife. She then slowly backs up. "Don't move! I said!" You firmly say as you pick up the gun and knife and throw it to Bucky.

He catches them and stands up.

The woman's eyes fill with fear as she sees the unleashed winter soldier.

Bucky moves over to the woman and straps her to the chair. "Everyone in Hydra is going to fall to their knees."
Bucky aggressively tightens the strap and she winces. She looks terrified.

You lay a hand on his arm to pull him away.

He calms after glancing at you. You both leave the room and head towards the massive basement.

On your way you manage to avoid Sandra and her supposed 'Boss.'

Though you both make it to the basement, the only available unlocked vehicle is one motorbike.

Bucky jumps on and you hop on behind him. You tighten your arms around him and keep your head close to his back. He starts the motorbike and causes an alarm.

The siren is haunting. And so very loud. 

You don't know whether you can stand to listen to it any longer. The gate door is blocked and locked shut.

"What do we do?" He turns his head to ask you.

"Just- drive Buck."

You feel his heart pace quicken as the bike speeds off.

The wind is awfully cold and hurts when you smash through the gate and into an outside section which many soldiers are.

They start shooting.

Bullets whiz past like flashes of lightening.

Bucky heads for the main gate in which will hopefully give us freedom. One shot grazes the same spot the other bullet had grazed which opens your wound again. You yelp in pain and Bucky's heart beat becomes louder.

Another shot.

Sandras bullets hit the bikes tyres and it flips, causing us to be flung off the bike and smashed into the ground.

We both rolled violently across the field.

Bucky groaned before getting himself up to shield you from bullets with his arm.

"STOP!" Sandra ordered.

"Don't kill Barnes! The order was to kill miss (l/n)." Sandra tells the soldiers who stood around her.

Bucky helped you stand and kept in front of you. "You want to kill her? You've got to kill me first." Bucky yells to Sandra.

Silence.

"Realise this- Barnes. You don't hand her over, you will get triple the amount of injections and tests and triple the amount of Pain!" Sandra took a step.

"Don't move." Bucky held a gun at her.

"You can't escape." She smiled. "We will always, ALWAYS.. find you. You became one of us the day Steve Rodgers abandoned you on that train. And you fell- fell right into our arms." She snickered.

"Shut up! We are walking out of these gates. And you- are going to allow it." Bucky ignored her.

Sandra paused before agreeing. "Okay soldier, you may. But- No matter where you go, we will find you. I'm just giving you a heads start to play hide and seek."

You and Bucky couldn't believe it. You both could just walk right out of Hydra.

And so that is what you did.

•••

A week later, You and Bucky were under ground deep in Black Panthers homeland.

He had aloud to keep you and Bucky there, for as long as it was safe.

"She's right. No matter where I go, Hydra will always find their way to me. That's why- I'm doing this." Bucky sat on the table beside you.

"If you're doing it- then I'm doing it." You tightly hold his hand.

Bucky doesn't argue with you because he can see that there will be no persuading. Besides, this had to be the best for both of them.

"Tony, Sam and Steve know that I'm with you. They know this is what I want." You rest your head on his shoulder.

"Good." He mumbles.

After a few minutes of sitting there, Bucky jumps off the table and turns to you, holding your hips.

"Since we're not gonna be able to do this for a long time..." Bucky leans forward and passionately kisses you.

You run your hands in his hair and pull him in to you.

A nurse enters the room, and awkwardly turns away and pretends she didn't see anything.

You don't take any notice.

Bucky moves his kisses down your cheek and jawline, then to your neck. You hold onto him as tightly as possible.

The nurse re-enters and knocks.

You both jolt back, Bucky groans a little in disappointment.

"Excuse me- but it is time." She calls.

Bucky looks into your eyes and smiles. You return the smile.
He lifts you off the table and puts you down.

The nurse comes in and walks over to the machine. "When you are ready please take your place."

Bucky sighs and holds your hand.

"Which one of you would like to go first?" She asks. "I'll go." Bucky says and squeezes your hand.

He turns to go and stand in the tube.

But quickly turns back to peck your lips. "Good night." He whispers.

"I'll see you." You go and stand beside the tube as Bucky gets in it.

He lies back against the soft board and tilts his head to look at you. You sigh heavily, and try to look happy.

He grins at you to show that it is ok.

The glass closed shut around his tube, and the frost quickly spread and covered him.

And that was it.

It happened to fast.

Bucky was frozen.

You put a hand on the glass and take a last glance at his face, before hopping in your tube. The glass closed and the frost came.

It all happened. To quickly.

But it was for the best.

Your mind froze and your heart thumped to a stop.

The nurse pulled the leaver and the two tubes slowly sank down into the floor. Hidden. For no one to find. Not even the avengers.

But home.

That's where they were.

•••

Quick Authors Note:

Oh okay. wow.

It's finally finished!!!!

Ahhh, can't believe it. It's finally come to a close. Remember, the last part of the book was rushed so keep that in mind.

But I hope you have all enjoyed it!

Thank you so much! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.9K 1.8K 41
"For only a fraction of a second she felt that their hearts were beating in the same rhythm - the world around them seemed to be frozen again." She m...
79.3K 3K 36
Bucky Barnes served in World War Two. Sadly, he fell to his death. He was recovered and revived by HYDRA. On the run, scared, and ready to break at...
50.6K 1.3K 41
You, a scientist for the SSR, fell in love with a certain Sergeant when you danced one night at the bar. When you both were thrust into the modern wo...
64K 1.9K 71
Your name is Mya Stark, your father is Tony Stark. You fall for Steve Rogers. One day Bucky Barnes is found and turns your world upside down. From th...