The Hill - BLACKBIRD book 5

Por MonicaPrelooker

+18 - eps 22-27 - A case takes Russell and Brock to the brink of death. It'll be up to Gillian and the team t... Más

episode 22 - #thecold
1. caption
2. tattoo
3. home alone
4. stealing t
5. get ready
6. records
7. not yet
8. the family
9. paperwork
10. relapse
11. war council
12. on the way
13. due north
14. hold the fort
15. ladies night
16. taking office
17. patient zero
18. friday
19. missing corpse
20. the trail
episode 23 - #thehill
1. eleventh hour
2. ambush
3. battle calls
4. attention
5. the worm
6. hold the line
7. showtime
8. into the night
9. change of plans
10. up the hill
11. breathe
12. wild horses
13. a way out
14. prognosis
15. one cold dawn
episode 24 - #thethreat
1. the cloud
2. the patients
3. personal calls
4. not over
5. first-aid profile
6. viral
7. bang, bang, you're...
8. the red line
9. gone
10. the way home
11. really
12. a name
13. room
14. some ride
15. red alert
16. bloody friday
17. hotline
18. next
19. bad news, good news
episode 25 - #thechair
1. morning moods
3. back home
4. two of a kind
5. on the move
6. fall back
7. catch me a dragon
8. she's got it
9. easy sunday
10. a little action
11. stone wall
12. diplomacy
13. domestics
14. unspoken
15. one step at a time
episode 26 - #thestrain
1. XXX
2. wake up
3. ticket to ride
4. stopover
5. the virus
6. torture
7. room with a view
8. 101
9. no cure
10. cousins
11. going bananas
12. distress call
13. rescue
14. the hanger
15. update
episode 27 - #theword
1. murder, she said
2. something
3. call it a day
4. the watch
5. roller coaster
6. not that conversation
7. before breakfast
8. morning tips
9. down the shadowy lane
10. wildflowers
11. some rest
12. no way out
13. one on one
14. shock treatment
15. up the stairs
16. till words do us part
17. shrink back
18. off she goes
19. punch line

2. turbulence

492 40 5
Por MonicaPrelooker

**picture: Pilatus C12 interior

Kurt dragged his feet, grabbing the back of each seat on his way, as he tried to remember why on earth did he ever take his job in the first place. He hated so many things about it as he tried to reach the first row. Working at the office for the team, and pull some late nights, he loved it. But he hated field work. He hated working on weekends. He hated getting up early on weekends. He hated especially that they'd waken him up halfway to Ohio, depriving him of two good hours of extra sleep, and how fresh and focused they all seemed to be.

Ron gave him his seat and Kurt dropped himself on it to scowl at the others. "What," he growled.

Gillian gave him her tablet, showing a two-story house on street view. "We need eyes inside that house."

Kurt handed his glasses over to her.

"Kurt!"

Gillian's snarl lashed him wide awake. He rubbed his eyes and put his glasses back on. "Okay, okay. I heard you. Regular cameras are out of the question?"

"No time to wait for a chance to bug the house," Ron said.

"So you guys wanna use any webcam they may have."

"Yes. Can you hack their Wi-Fi?" asked Aldana.

"Sure, but it's gonna take a while."

"How can you speed it up?" asked Gillian.

"With their password?" Kurt noticed the hostile eyes on him and arched his eyebrows. "Hey, you asked."

"Hank was talking about cliché ruses," said Fred. "Can't we jam their Wi-Fi and cell phone signal?"

Kurt studied the picture on the tablet and moved the map to see what was around the house. Then he showed it to Gillian and pointed at a telephone pole. "There. That's the wiring you need to tamper."

"What d'you guys have in mind?" Ron asked.

Hank huffed under his breath. "The cable guy."

Gillian shot a death glare at Hank, sick and tired. "Making them call their internet provider," she said to Ron. "We can tap their phone line and take the call. Asking for your password can be considered part of the regular procedure."

"But you're supposed to change it as soon as you hang up," argued Hank.

"Jesus!" Gillian snarled. "Do we need a bootie call to shake it off?"

Hank blushed, taking mortal offense.

"I'll get in before they change it," said Kurt. "Can I go back to sleep now?"

Gillian snorted, standing up roughly, and kicked Kurt's feet out of the way as she circled her seat toward the coffee machine.

"Guys, really," Aldana scolded them.

Ron turned to Hank. "D'you think you can cook one of your juices to knock them down?"

Hank nodded, still outraged.

"That can save us a nasty shooting," said Aldana, thoughtful.

"A smart move, considering these jerks must be all well-armed." Kurt hated to realize he was already too awake in spite of himself. "Hey, Al, we should tell the locals what we need, so we can get to work as soon as we land."

"You're right. Give me a list. You too, Hank."

"I can't tell until I see the place and how many they are."

Fred heard Gillian grunting and stood up. She refilled the coffee machine, her back turned to the seats.

"Here, allow me," he said with his trademark placid tone.

Gillian stepped aside, huffing. "Jeez. Can't wait to be face to face with those sons of bitches."

Fred kept his eyes on the coffee machine. "You sure you wanna do this, Reg?"

"You mean coffee? Of course I want."

He didn't answer.

Gillian nodded. "I do, Fred. They've been on the loose for too long."

"We could let the locals do it."

"Seriously? And they'd have the locals for lunch anytime. I hate to admit it, but Hank's right. How can we trust them, if they have a black woman as primary against armed bigots with a taste for torture?"

"I'm talking about you, Reg. I'm talking about Balken."

She stiffened as if he'd slapped her.

"Sorry, words are so not my thing." Fred tried a quick smile that looked a lot like a grimace. "You could've let me take'im down at the hospital. That's how we usually do things. But you didn't. And yesterday, you and Al didn't let us question that man and did it yourselves. I know it's been hard for the two of you, but you guys should let us do what it takes to bring this to an end."

Gillian arched her eyebrows—excuse me?

This time his tight smile was a little sad. "You never went back to the hospital after taking Balken down. And I bet you're gonna have bad dreams about yesterday's interrogation for a while."

Gillian looked away. No, she wouldn't. That was the problem. Just like killing Balken, she'd beat the answers out of that son of a bitch again anytime.

Fred let out another sigh. "Look, Reg, what I mean is that you're pushing yourself too hard this time. This ain't you. And this ain't war. We've got choices. You don't have to do things you're gonna regret later."

A chill ran down her spine at his words. She met his eyes with a questioning frown.

Fred's voice was low but warm. "Keep your hands clean, Reg. Let us take care of the shit. I don't want any of this burden you, come in the way and screw up what could be a good thing for you."

Gillian would've chopped off her right hand before asking what he meant. But she couldn't help getting on the defensive. "Meaning it wouldn't burden you?"

"I've got nothing at stake here, like you and Al. This is just another case for me. And I've had too much shit back in my day to let this get to me." He winked at her. "Thought you knew I'm shit-proof, Reg."

She took her turn to sigh. "Then how d'you wanna do this?"

"Let's take a look at the place. Maybe we can gas them out, stun them enough to save ourselves another battle--this time in the middle of a residential area. One thing is sure: I'd rather lend you a rifle to help me cover the others, than let you go knock on their door."

"What d'you mean?" she asked, taken aback.

"You should let us take the front line for once."

Fred tried to soften his words by offering her a steamy mug. It didn't work.

"Jeez! Really? Are we still talking about the hostage crisis?"

"And the Wood case."

"And the Amber Alert."

Fred scoffed when Ron spoke from behind Gillian. She spun around like bitten by a scorpion.

"The Ghost."

"And don't forget the Baileys."

"Oh, well! Mutiny now? Then listen to me: I ain't falling back to appease your cave-man hearts." She pointed an accusatory finger at Fred. "You just said something about not being myself, right? In what world I'd be myself bringing the rear?"

Fred looked up past her, at Ron, who said, "She wouldn't talk to Brockner like this."

"Yeah. Maybe we should call him and ask him what he thinks about it."

"Always better than calling to tell him she got hurt or something like that."

The heat blazed up Gillian's face so hard, she thought her ears would just drop off her head. She kept her death glare on Fred. "If you're trying to make it to my do-bloody list with Kurt and Hank, you're almost there."

She spun around and brushed past Ron as he said, "It's called caring, you Irish fool."

"Oh, shut up!"

"Hey, Reg!" called Aldana. "Doctor Schwarz has something!"

"Yeah, a slow painful death coming," she grunted under her breath.

Ron and Fred watched her go back to her seat.

"How did it go?" asked Ron.

"I still have all my teeth."

"Not that bad, then."

"She got my point."

"Hope so. I hate seeing her like this."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

5.7K 221 36
Brock and his gang have been running all their lives. They some how escaped from the lab two weeks ago that tested on wild animals and mutates them i...
BELIEVE {BxB} Por Jayyy

Ficción General

123K 4.9K 26
In which two best friends gets accused of murdering a white student at a college party in Texas. They go to avoid the law together by going on a run...
1.3K 105 34
After seeing that haunted creature on that mansion, Isabelle turns to be witnessing a traumatic and hurtful break down. It's all connected with that...
11.2K 436 27
Set at the end of Season 5, Stiles faces some challenges which make things more difficult than he'd like them to be. This includes being in love, bei...