The Hill - BLACKBIRD book 5

Od MonicaPrelooker

+18 - eps 22-27 - A case takes Russell and Brock to the brink of death. It'll be up to Gillian and the team t... Více

episode 22 - #thecold
1. caption
2. tattoo
3. home alone
4. stealing t
5. get ready
6. records
7. not yet
8. the family
9. paperwork
10. relapse
11. war council
12. on the way
13. due north
14. hold the fort
15. ladies night
16. taking office
17. patient zero
18. friday
19. missing corpse
20. the trail
episode 23 - #thehill
1. eleventh hour
2. ambush
3. battle calls
4. attention
5. the worm
6. hold the line
7. showtime
8. into the night
9. change of plans
10. up the hill
11. breathe
12. wild horses
13. a way out
14. prognosis
15. one cold dawn
episode 24 - #thethreat
1. the cloud
2. the patients
3. personal calls
4. not over
5. first-aid profile
6. viral
7. bang, bang, you're...
8. the red line
9. gone
10. the way home
12. a name
13. room
14. some ride
15. red alert
16. bloody friday
17. hotline
18. next
19. bad news, good news
episode 25 - #thechair
1. morning moods
2. turbulence
3. back home
4. two of a kind
5. on the move
6. fall back
7. catch me a dragon
8. she's got it
9. easy sunday
10. a little action
11. stone wall
12. diplomacy
13. domestics
14. unspoken
15. one step at a time
episode 26 - #thestrain
1. XXX
2. wake up
3. ticket to ride
4. stopover
5. the virus
6. torture
7. room with a view
8. 101
9. no cure
10. cousins
11. going bananas
12. distress call
13. rescue
14. the hanger
15. update
episode 27 - #theword
1. murder, she said
2. something
3. call it a day
4. the watch
5. roller coaster
6. not that conversation
7. before breakfast
8. morning tips
9. down the shadowy lane
10. wildflowers
11. some rest
12. no way out
13. one on one
14. shock treatment
15. up the stairs
16. till words do us part
17. shrink back
18. off she goes
19. punch line

11. really

409 44 4
Od MonicaPrelooker

**picture: Boston in November

"What d'you mean, no?"

Gillian thought Cassidy's voice gave away a lifetime of positive answers to most of his requests. Oh, well. Tough world, grow up.

"Just that, sir: no. We're not going to DC. We can work on the case from here just the same."

"You're gonna need the Hive."

"And we can work with them in real time from here. It's called the internet, sir."

Cassidy ignored her sarcasm and narrowed his eyes, suspicious. "And you're gonna miss the chance to visit Brockner for a week or two?"

She frowned—what? "Weren't we talking about the militia?"

Cassidy arched only one eyebrow. "Are you trying to fool me or yourself?"

She kept frowning as if he'd spoken in tongues.

"Look, Gillian, I just finished my two weeks sleeping in the couch, after your great idea of calling me 'baby' over the phone on speaker. So I ain't staying in Boston any longer to be welcome to the dog house."

"I can understand that, sir. We all have our priorities."

Cassidy flashed one of his little smirks. "Give me one good reason to let you guys stay in Boston."

"Only if you give me one good reason to go to DC."

"I asked first."

"Meaning you have none? Save keeping the wife happy, of course."

"Gillian..."

"Sir?"

"The eyes of the whole Bureau are on us, and on the case."

"We'll keep you up step by step, so you can report to them."

Cassidy rolled his eyes.

"With all due respect, sir, DC sucks. This is big and we need to stay focused. But we can't do that with those big shots lurking around twenty-four/seven, be it to recruit us for other units, to eavesdrop on us or question us to no end about stupid details. In DC, no one tells you where the damn restroom is before assessing the pros and cons of being seen in league with you. But here we feel supported instead of observed. Here we help each other whenever we can, not only when it can push our fed careers. And that allows us to do a better job. So please, sir. You handle that political shit you love, and let us stay here and bring down those sons of a thousand bitches."

Cassidy listened to her very serious, nodding now and then. When she finished, he shrugged slightly. "Fair enough."

Gillian took her turn to shoot a suspicious look. He'd given up so easily? Cassidy?

He stood up to leave the small office by Cooper's and paused by the door, one hand on the knob, one hand in his pocket.

"Y'know? For a moment I thought you felt kinda guilty. Like, killing Balken was wrong 'cause you did it to protect two people you care about. That would've been funny, but awfully wrong. And it would've explained why you don't wanna go to DC—to keep your distance from Brockner 'cause you think he makes you weak, and to avoid being praised for something you feel so wrong." He shrugged with a quick smile and opened the door. "Glad to know I'm wrong. Keep me up."

Gillian would've hated his guts, had she not been so busy gawking at the closing door.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2.8K 196 33
Dia and her family have been relocated after Jay broke out and has his mind set on getting revenge on her. She has to adapt to a new city, new life a...
86 0 23
Ryan Case- a murderer. Peyton Wright- a fighter. He killed her family and she tortured him. Now he needs her help to stop a madman. Peyton was living...
42K 3.9K 101
+18 - eps 28-32 - On the sixth installment of the Blackbird series, Cassidy sends Gillian and her team with Brock and Russel to Tampa, Florida, to lo...
11.2K 436 27
Set at the end of Season 5, Stiles faces some challenges which make things more difficult than he'd like them to be. This includes being in love, bei...